• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
HDD problems try that shit with an SSD.

TQJXpwO.png

JMHU7DB.jpg

th4tguy

I really thought people bought SSD that small specifically for the OS. I didn't realize people tried to play games off of it too. Guess it's time for everyone to update to a secondary SSD drive specifically for games.

So this is interesting... @TitanfallGame just posted this link and said it was "updated": http://www.titanfall.com/pilots/assassin

If this is supposed to show all the pilot weapons and ordnance, there is stuff missing that was in game files or in the beta. The KRABER sniper, Charge Rifle (anti-Titan weapon), and arc grenades aren't listed.

Navy Bean

So my wife got a bit frustrated that I played the Titanfall beta too much. And just now she asked me, "doesn't that game called Beta with the robots come out next week so I lose you for a month?" Yeah, so she's not a gamer...lol. Anyways, still hyped!

todd360

Eh, even with the higher skill ceiling, there are still going to be plenty of bad/middling people playing. I had a few friends playing with gamepads and consistently hitting the top of their leaderboards.

And, I mean, this is a game with an auto-lock pistol. These type of CoD-esque shooting mechanics are more about proper positioning and map traversal anyways.

I was playing pc version with a ds4 and doing great. I swear I was better with ds4 than I was with a mouse.

VASPER

Banned
So my wife got a bit frustrated that I played the Titanfall beta too much. And just now she asked me, "doesn't that game called Beta with the robots come out next week so I lose you for a month?" Yeah, so she's not a gamer...lol. Anyways, still hyped!

It can be a hard line to walk, at least your married. I have almost lost a GF over games lol.

Dumb tangential question, but:

Is there anywhere to host a .gif larger than 10MB?

I've taken a clip I recorded from the beta and turned it into an animated gif, but the damn thing's 17MB. No idea where to host it. It's not even that long or large by GAF standards, but I can't figure out a way to reduce the file size without destroying the quality of it. The Xbone's exported clip was already not super great quality.

jediyoshi

I've taken a clip I recorded from the beta and turned it into an animated gif, but the damn thing's 17MB. No idea where to host it. It's not even that long or large by GAF standards, but I can't figure out a way to reduce the file size without destroying the quality of it. The Xbone's exported clip was already not super great quality.

You could throw it up here
http://www.gfycat.com/

They also give you a better compressed (unembeddable here) html5 version as well.

antitrop

Dumb tangential question, but:

Is there anywhere to host a .gif larger than 10MB?

Abload.de. It's in German, but not difficult to register an account with Google Translate.

Or Flickr.

Don't know anything about Battlefield but this was because Halo 3 required the DLC to play the playlists.

Yeah I completely forgot about the requirement. Its a shame they did not keep up with this system but as fragmented as the halo games became in terms of playlists it would probably kill the population T.T Seems like we cant get the days back where we played all the content we paid for =/ unless titanfall does something similar to BF.

I wouldn't mind that but knowing them paid DLC is the way to go for most profit.=O

Yep that was my guess too.. the free update model works for many games on pc. they get tens of thousands of dollars alone for cosmetic nonsense they cook up in about 2 days of work or less. I am sure that can more than pay for the free dlc. I honestly believe the community would stick around more too due to getting free maps to play and have new experiences in. Rather than having to pay and the community just gets fragmented between the majority that dont purchase dlc and those that do -.-

exostar

Neo Member

LOL yeah my wife said almost the exact same thing, minus calling Titanfall, "Beta". She just calls them "your games". She's old school though...she can tear up some Super Mario Bros =)

JB1981

I was playing pc version with a ds4 and doing great. I swear I was better with ds4 than I was with a mouse.

Really ? This makes me feel better. I don't expect to have a great k/d but I would like to be somewhat competitive. I will never play with a mouse/kb so hope I can do decent with a game pad. Wish they had servers strictly for gamepad users

Navy Bean

LOL yeah my wife said almost the exact same thing, minus calling Titanfall, "Beta". She just calls them "your games". She's old school though...she can tear up some Super Mario Bros =)
My wife has literally never played a video game. It's nuts, but these people do exist. But, she's cool about it and most importantly, goes to bed early so I get a few free hours each night. My advice to single gaffers - enjoy the marathon gaming sessions now or marry a gamer...lol. On topic - do we know when the X1 version is available for download? I'd love to start the download at midnight on the 11th.

The Flash

Banned
My wife has literally never played a video game. It's nuts, but these people do exist. But, she's cool about it and most importantly, goes to bed early so I get a few free hours each night. My advice to single gaffers - enjoy the marathon gaming sessions now or marry a gamer...lol. On topic - do we know when the X1 version is available for download? I'd love to start the download at midnight on the 11th.

Aside from that webpage that said we could preload it, nothing.

Bsigg12

Titanfallgiveaway.com

It's not up yet but it's on some marketing materials I have. I'll see if I can find out what they're giving away and how to enter.

Edit: site should be up on Match 8th and goes until May.

Badass as fuck.

Haha, thanks! Appreciate it. :)

I had to cut it from the gif due to size and pacing issues, but I earned that Titanfall by killing an enemy pilot across from me, and another that ejected from their Titan, failed to kill me midair, landed on the roof I was on, then failed spectacularly at kicking me.

And right after, I took out 3 more people with the 40mm(?) shell gun, and a nuclear ejection.

It's why I love this game, it's giving me the immediacy and intimacy of CoD but with the emergent, epic moments I usually get from Battlefield.

DarkFlow

Banned
Cancelled my Origin pre order, went with GMG for $10 less. Looks like I won't be able to pre load, but I'll take that for $10 off.

Proven

This is why I'm not even buying the game at launch. Need to get more drive space. I have a backup drive, but it's failing. Well, at least this is a good excuse to replace it all.

I will be all over youtube and twitch next week.

BraXzy

My hard drives on my PC are constantly getting crammed. Between my huge Steam collection and various movies/TV shows on top of files from Photoshop and such that just bloat up I'm going to need a new HDD any time. Thankfully I'm not getting it for PC but I uninstalled BF3 from it anyway :L

127ba56ca9fa67fe7b9d87f258d858dd.png

BY2K

Membero Americo
This is why I'm not even buying the game at launch. Need to get more drive space. I have a backup drive, but it's failing. Well, at least this is a good excuse to replace it all.

I will be all over youtube and twitch next week.

My 2TB will have to do.

antitrop

I haven't been this excited about a shooter since Call of Duty 4. I was deployed to Iraq for most of 2007, but one of the guys in my platoon got a Game Informer issue in the mail, and it talked about CoD4. I had been a fan since the first one on PC, but was excited to see it go into the modern era, considering where I was. I was also interested to hear vaguely about the RPG and Unlock aspects, which were revolutionary, at the time.

We got back at the very beginning of October, and with very little work to be done upon returning we all played the game throughout the next few months before training kicked back in.

As soon as liberty was called everyone just went to their rooms, cracked a 6-pack, and started playing CoD4 MP.

Really, playing the Titanfall Beta gave me that same feeling all over again, where I just wanted to keep playing the game long into the night. Modern Warfare 2 gave me a little bit of that, but not quite the same spark.

Titanfall is special.

DarkFlow

Banned

I had to disable system recovery and the page file, but now I can have both BF3 and Titanfall on my SSD.

wCg7mRm.png

My hard drives on my PC are constantly getting crammed. Between my huge Steam collection and various movies/TV shows on top of files from Photoshop and such that just bloat up I'm going to need a new HDD any time. Thankfully I'm not getting it for PC but I uninstalled BF3 from it anyway :L

127ba56ca9fa67fe7b9d87f258d858dd.png
Now I can see who the Windows 7 heathens are.

Scottiths

Banned
That thing won't even fit on my SSD 80gb, windows and reserved space alone takes up too much space.
But to mention the fact that you really don't want to do a lot of rewriting on an ssd. They do have a limit to how many times it can be done. The limit is high, but it is there.

I'm surprised. I have much less shit installed than I thought I had:

6C1V4Mh.png

I don't even use the third drive. Perhaps I should take it out of the PC and make it an external HDD.

todd360

Really ? This makes me feel better. I don't expect to have a great k/d but I would like to be somewhat competitive. I will never play with a mouse/kb so hope I can do decent with a game pad. Wish they had servers strictly for gamepad users

Well i'm really good at using controllers in shooters plus I was using god tier ds4 so results may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom