• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friction

Yep everyone has caught on in just a few days. It's way too easy to hop out and shoot whoever's on your titan since they're always in the same spot (right side).

Sort of makes the electric smoke useless.

Open seal, Hop up, throw grenades at the dismounting pilot, mount back on, continue to wreck the titan.

They always circle to the right.

People will eventually get there once they get a bit tired of the other modes.

CTF can be a bit frustrating though, since people camp to defend the objective.

Well then they're playing the objective, which is great. Even if people are camping the flag there are some easy ways around it, depending on what map you're on.

Friction

Well then they're playing the objective, which is great. Even if people are camping the flag there are some easy ways around it, depending on what map you're on.

Yup. Definitely part of the mode. Just saying why some people might find it frustrating compared to the rest of the modes. I enjoy CTF, one of my most played modes. Only thing I would change is not allowing people to go in to titans with the flag.

Yup. Definitely part of the mode. Just saying why some people might find it frustrating compared to the rest of the modes. I enjoy CTF, one of my most played modes. Only thing I would change is not allowing people to go in to titans with the flag.

Fair enough. I'm kinda 50/50 on using Titans to travel with the flag. It can be frustrating but I also think it adds to the tactical aspect of the mode. I guess the balanced part is that there's no map where you can use your Titan to actually capture the flag, you always have to capture it on foot which leaves you susceptible to being taken down easily.

Rahk

It saddens me that so little people play CTF on the Aussie servers. Mode is amazing.
Just played my first game of it in variety on Rise, was really fun. I've never really played that map before, but I ran straight for the flag, triggered my stim pack and then bounced around some walls and ziplined up above the map and they couldn't do anything. Gave me some Tribes vibes.

Plasma

Banned
It saddens me that so little people play CTF on the Aussie servers. Mode is amazing.

I've only played it once so far but I didn't like it that much, though that might have had something to do with most of my team just playing team deathmatch in the middle of the map rather than guarding/capturing the flag.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What is the best loadout for Hardpoint Domination games? I think the shotgun and arc mines are good choices, but I'm not really sure where to go from there. I think the WallHack ability is probably the best choice, but maybe people have more success with other stuff. Triple Threat seems like a great weapon for Titans, since you can spam it through a window to clear out an area before you disembark to cap it.

For the pilot, I like shotgun or CAR once unlocked. CAR+counterweight gives you good accuracy without ADS. Then satchel charges - drop one near a terminal as defense - double tap 'E' to detonate it even if you have a weapon in hand.

I like the explosives package as that gives you 3 changes, so they last longer

For the Titan I love the chaingun with accelerator, but I some maps (the Hammond headquarters especially) triple threat is good to throw grenades into an area to clear it out.

Tokubetsu

Decided to see if there was any fanart up at pixiv and found this (old?):
aSqLlPE.jpg
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=41990601

My biggest beef with the multiplayer is probably the pilot weapons.

You have basically three out of ten primaries that are viable, and that's only if you're feeling fairly charitable towards the CAR.

This is odd to me since (almost) all of the Titan primaries feel pretty viable in their own way.

I feel as though there could be a lot more variety to the kind of gunfights you see on the map, but 75% of the players are using the carbine or shotgun.

The Titanfall placer is damn near impossible to pinpoint exactly where you want it. I had to do the kills by Titanfall and it's really apparent the damn thing is off.

So glad to see it's not just me who feels it isn't entirely accurate. I always find my Titans are dropping further away than they should be, at least based on where I'm pointing my reticule.

I'm usually not one to moan about team mates being terrible.
But some guy on my team for the last three games of attrition has got ZERO pilot kills and ZERO minion kills.
How can you not kill a minion in 3 games running?

Card Boy

Banned
I just did the 'campaign'. Well that was hot garbage and pointless and is just a community splitting mode.

My wishlist for Titanfall

• Incorporate the 'Campaign' into regular classic matchmaking but do it in a way so your not seeing the campaign stuff every single match
  • Let us be able to rename custom Pilot loudouts
  • Let us be able to rename custom Titan loudouts
  • Quick Join for classic MP
  • Add another sidearm
  • Let the Stryker and Ogre be unlockable just by leveling up
  • Add Clan features
  • Add private match options
  • Optimize the game much much more
  • Allow us to make text chat text bigger
  • More melee animations besides kick
  • Horde mode with bosses and against much much harder AI, maybe add some Pacific Rim shit in
  • Custom skins for guns
  • Custom reticle colors and icons
  • Semi/Automatic firing modes for guns
  • Shorter time between matches
  • Quick chat wheel for PC

I feel the game is fairly balanced, my main issue is just little features that add to the overall experience

JimiNutz

Banned
Does anyone use the MAG launcher as their anti titan weapon? I liked the look of it based on the damage and fire rate stats but the range is so poor and I'm having trouble getting as many Titan kills with it.

Is it worth trying to get good with or should I stick with the sidewinder? Not seen many people talking about it here.

Raxious

Sooo, what's the chance of this game dying pretty fast? I'm looking for a new shooter and Titanfall seems to fit what I'm looking for.

T.O.P

Banned
Ok i need two modes more modes here

-Free Roaming, offline and alone, i love going around in the maps
-Checkpoint Run, similar to Mirror's Edge, a race to the end, with checkpoints and no guns

pretty please

Sooo, what's the chance of this game dying pretty fast? I'm looking for a new shooter and Titanfall seems to fit what I'm looking for.

On PC or XBone? I can see things settling down pretty quickly on PC over the next month, but I think things will stay busy on Xbone for many months

Mononoke

Banned
Have to say, I'm getting sort of bored with this game. I don't think that's really the fault of the game itself. I doubt that adding a single player would have done much. But I guess I wish the Multiplayer had more modes/options. I think I'm mostly just burnt out on FPS in general. So this one managed to keep my attention up to level 40, and now I'm getting tired of it.

Raxious

On PC or XBone? I can see things settling down pretty quickly on PC over the next month, but I think things will stay busy on Xbone for many months

PC version.

Yea I've been reading up a bit and hear from quite some people that PC is already seems to be getting less active.

I'll just keep myself entertained with BF4.

Rizsparky

Have to say, I'm getting sort of bored with this game. I don't think that's really the fault of the game itself. I doubt that adding a single player would have done much. But I guess I wish the Multiplayer had more modes/options. I think I'm mostly just burnt out on FPS in general. So this one managed to keep my attention up to level 40, and now I'm getting tired of it.

One thing that I think this game misses out on is badges or 'titles' that appear in the Modern Warfare series, unlocking them was quite fun and challengin. I guess they wanted to differentiate themselves from the COD franchise - though they could have adapted this idea to form something new.

RulkezX

Wtf is with the matchmaking on PC , I've lost count of the amount of matches starting without a full lobby.

The game also really needs a ready button so we can skip the intermission if everyone ready ups.

The PC version got no loving at all.

Mondy

Banned
A few assessments after over 15 hours of play.

The guns need a serious rebalancing. Right now, it's the Shotgun, daylight then everything else. Massively OP, especially when combined with certain burn cards. The Carbine feels weak as piss in comparison.

Also, cloak can be fundamentally useless sometimes. I don't know if you're supposed to stand still while in use. but while you're moving, you're very easily spotted by anyone with half decent eyesight. The only really good purpose it serves is ejecting from Titans to make a quick getaway.

I'm usually not one to moan about team mates being terrible.
But some guy on my team for the last three games of attrition has got ZERO pilot kills and ZERO minion kills.
How can you not kill a minion in 3 games running?

Perhaps he wasn't actually playing such as being called away from the game. Can you stay in the game and not get booted if you are not actually playing?

What was his deaths stats like?

A few assessments after over 15 hours of play.

The guns need a serious rebalancing. Right now, it's the Shotgun, daylight then everything else. Massively OP, especially when combined with certain burn cards. The Carbine feels weak as piss in comparison.

Also, cloak can be fundamentally useless sometimes. I don't know if you're supposed to stand still while in use. but while you're moving, you're very easily spotted by anyone with half decent eyesight. The only really good purpose it serves is ejecting from Titans to make a quick getaway.

From kill cam replays it seems like you don't even have to be that accurate with the shotgun. I was watching a friend play last night and it was rage inducing to see how shot gun users didn't even have to get a clean hit to instantly kill a player.

Does anyone use the MAG launcher as their anti titan weapon? I liked the look of it based on the damage and fire rate stats but the range is so poor and I'm having trouble getting as many Titan kills with it.

Is it worth trying to get good with or should I stick with the sidewinder? Not seen many people talking about it here.

I have been experimenting with it and I am dishing out a fair bit of damage. I tend to engage titans at a relatively close range anyway. The benefit is that you can spam the grenades in the direction of the titan and keep dodging away into a hiding space.

How far away do you fight titans with the sidewinder?

I've been using the +cl_showfps 1 command to show frame rate in the game and it never wavers from 60fps even when there is a definite decrease in fps.

Do any of you use a frame rate monitor and, if so, what does it say when the fps rate appears to drop?

I think the cloak serves it's purpose well. It's mainly used as an anti-Titan measure since it's pretty hard to see a cloaked pilot from inside a Titan. It also has the secondary benefit of making you invisible to grunts/spectres.

Typhares

I've got to admit I was not going to buy this game, having limited play time and already getting back into Diablo 3 but this game is so casual I actually really enjoy it.
I'm not that great at FPS but I have not been out of the top 3 of my team yet and being able to just play for a small amount of time and still get a ton of fun is great.

And when I say casual I don't mean it in a pejorative sort of way, for me it's a positive side.

The only thing I am worried about is the longevity of such title. I mean content is pretty scarce and I hope hardcore players don't get bored quickly. Hopefully some DLC will bring what's needed.

Malaussene

Neo Member

As someone who has a history of hating towards any grenade launcher like weapon in any FPS, I'm using it now and I find it much better than any other antititan.. I say it's worth the time learning how to use it. I usually get lots of pilot kills as a bonus.

Range is pretty good too, just lob the shot and it travels relatively far.

Me and BlueNinja got called out twice as cheaters and supposedly got reported.

Haha yeah, that was super-weird. I think that was the match where I had the perma-stim Burn Card on as we started, so I was zipping across the battlefield like crazy for a while there. Maybe they never heard of adrenaline transfusions before.

Who whats to play Giant Robot Battle Ninja Kickers w/ me?
Origin ID is VelociaLume

Experience the mind altering effects of Titanfall at my side.
Sent you an FR.

Editing some gameplay clips right now, too. Apparently my game isn't running at a full 60 fps all the time, pretty insane how a game that looks like that can't run that well on my rig. I have to re-encode my vids at 30 fps before I can edit them, or my sound will go out of sync.

Wtf is with the matchmaking on PC , I've lost count of the amount of matches starting without a full lobby.

I'm currently lv35-ish, and have found myself constantly put in a lobby where I get saddled with players who are lower than lv5, only for 4 or 5 players on the opposing team to be at lv30-40, and often with the odd one or two having gone g2 or g3. I can understand that where friends are playing together they'll likely have levelled up together, but the matchmaking currently favours them when a lobby is filling up with single players.

I'm of the mind that player level in multiplayer FPS is often a measure of time rather than skill, but in TF the fact that juicier unlocks are had by those who have reached higher levels makes the unbalance seem a lot more pronounced. I shouldn't be lumped in with players who are 30 ranks lower than me... it's not fair to either me or them.

I'm currently lv35-ish, and have found myself constantly put in a lobby where I get saddled with players who are lower than lv5, only for 4 or 5 players on the opposing team to be at lv30-40, and often with the odd one or two having gone g2 or g3. I can understand that where friends are playing together they'll likely have levelled up together, but the matchmaking currently favours them when a lobby is filling up with single players.

I'm of the mind that player level in multiplayer FPS is often a measure of time rather than skill, but in TF the fact that juicier unlocks are had by those who have reached higher levels makes the unbalance seem a lot more pronounced. I shouldn't be lumped in with players who are 30 ranks lower than me... it's not fair to either me or them.

This is happening a lot to me as well. I am often in a team with sub-10 level players and the opposition have late 40's and generation ranked players.

The problem you also have is that players are not mixed for each match so if the previous match was a whitewash (and the same players stay), the chances are the next match could be like it too.

best_match.jpg

Had my Titan on guard mode and just wrecked the other team with the Shotgun and that was the first time using it. I have to say the range is far, its a one shot kill from up to like 3 feet away. Its OP in a way and for some reason i feel a Nerf for it in the first patch

Finally hit Gen 2 after 6 or so very good games with fellow Gaffer Emphereal(might not be his GAF name?). Very weird not having unlocks etc at the moment but still managed to perform quite well in a match of Attrition as a Level 1 against some high level Gen 4's.

Love this game.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Just started playing yesterday night, hit level ten then went to bed.

I was having matches in which I was running into minions more than I was actual players. Is this common or maybe I am just not finding the choke points of each map yet?

I was having matches in which I was running into minions more than I was actual players. Is this common or maybe I am just not finding the choke points of each map yet?

Do you know what? I often feel like I have a special ability that stops human players from getting within 100 feet of me in attrition. I look for them, honestly, and yet I will have baron empty spells of only finding grunts.

Tokubetsu

In titanfall, you can run on walls. You have to create the choke points.

Alexalder

Banned
I'm but in TF the fact that juicier unlocks are had by those who have reached higher levels makes the unbalance seem a lot more pronounced.
What? Did you even play the game? The first rifle is the best weapon in the game and that's basically the same for everything else, it's one of the things this game does right.

I'm having a lot of fun with this game but it's definitely a step back from COD4/MW2 which is a shame.

I'm hoping Titanfall 2 will be the great game I expected this to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom