• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? Did you even play the game? The first rifle is the best weapon in the game and that's basically the same for everything else, it's one of the things this game does right.

Did you even read my post? First sentence: "I'm currently lv35-ish". So yes, you're absolutely right to ask if I had even played the game. *rolls eyes*

If it helps, I'll be more specific. Titan unlocks at later levels are far superior to those found in earlier classes, not to mention the fact that a low ranked player (below lv5) is unlikely to have even played both campaigns enough in order to unlock the two other Titan classes, offering even more advantageous options to roll out with.

A single pilot weapon being deemed the 'best' weapon doesn't stand up against the fact that a player with a fuller weapons set has more options as to how they approach a given map or mode. New and/or bad players may well fall back on that weapon, but it doesn't mean they're less likely to be disposed of by a smarter player who can stalk with a smart pistol, or pick players off from across the map with the sniper rifle.

JimiNutz

Banned
I have been experimenting with it and I am dishing out a fair bit of damage. I tend to engage titans at a relatively close range anyway. The benefit is that you can spam the grenades in the direction of the titan and keep dodging away into a hiding space.

How far away do you fight titans with the sidewinder?

To be honest I did mostly use the sidewinder at close range too but did like having the option of using it at distance too.

I'll stick with the MAG launcher then and see how I get on.

Can i get some clarification on the evac ship - do you need to hold a button to get in, or do you get in automatically? I don't know if I should be pressing the board button or not. Also do you just aim for the open sides? Last round I ejected from my titan and ''landed'' on the top of the ship, only to fall right through it and die.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Can i get some clarification on the evac ship - do you need to hold a button to get in, or do you get in automatically? I don't know if I should be pressing the board button or not. Also do you just aim for the open sides? Last round I ejected from my titan and ''landed'' on the top of the ship, only to fall right through it and die.

Just run and jump towards the opening. You should be pulled in automatically.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

You need to jump towards the open sides. Works automatically like rodeoing a titan.

Played roughly 5 hours on XBO I really start having fun.
My parcour skills are not the greatest though - need to keep working on that.

They used the 2 worst maps to show of the game in the BETA imo.

Amazing.

Angel City is still my favourite map. The small size makes it quick and easy to find the action.

tauke

The matchmaking for this game is still horrible. Losing streak for today since my most of my team is underlevel compared to the opponents.

Also I bet not everyone in my team even finish a campaign since they only used Atlas...

Doesn't need to be the open sides. I performed a nuke eject last night, dropped feet first towards the top of the dropship and found myself comfortably inside it for a solo extraction.

That's what I've been doing today since my job at the end of every match is to evacuate. :( Still a great way to reach the dropship by nuclear ejection your own titan.

My biggest beef with the multiplayer is probably the pilot weapons.

You have basically three out of ten primaries that are viable, and that's only if you're feeling fairly charitable towards the CAR.

This is odd to me since (almost) all of the Titan primaries feel pretty viable in their own way.

I feel as though there could be a lot more variety to the kind of gunfights you see on the map, but 75% of the players are using the carbine or shotgun.

Yea there is very little variety in the weapon choices that are viable. I would add the smart pistol for 4 viable weapons in the game. Some people are crazy good with just the smart pistol.

I hate Lagoon because I still haven't been on it . o_O

Not joking, since release day I haven't yet had a single match on Lagoon.

It's been pretty rare for me too - actually had my first match last night and have been playing on and off since release. I guess that's part of the deal with 15 maps and no voting. I do still like no voting

JB1981

Man I always lose battles when I'm piloting a Titan. I just feel like my energy drains so quickly! Also a question about the Vortex .. do you have to hold it down and THEN fire off the bullets you intercepted or can you shoot them back at an enemy Titan at any time?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Added my name to the XB1 list. Got a username change so should be easier to spot me now if I'm playing.

I think I played on all the maps. Is it possible to check?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I am still 50/50 on the charge rifle. I wish that it let you hold the charge before releasing it or that it charged half a second faster. It's insanely good for rodeoing though.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Man I always lose battles when I'm piloting a Titan. I just feel like my energy drains so quickly! Also a question about the Vortex .. do you have to hold it down and THEN fire off the bullets you intercepted or can you shoot them back at an enemy Titan at any time?

You can shoot back any time, just let go of the button.

tauke

You can let it go anytime or until your Vortex charge dries up which it will release too.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

teokrazia

I play on pc with the pad and this is definetly a game where it doesn't make a huge difference.. can not say the same for most of other FPSes though.

Yep.
Among the MP games on PC that I've tried both with M+K and gamepad, Titanfall is the only one where I think I can have some chances with a controller. Respawn has provided the best balance between these input methods I've ever seen: the game is enjoyable in both ways* without making feel M+K ugly compromised, as some pretty dumb multiplatorms.

with some differences, of course, that I'm still a M+K beast :p

DirtyLarry

How many level before one reaches "prestige" (I know it is called something else with a G.
60?

It just boggles my mind I have already seen people on their 3rd go around and the game is not even a week old yet. Granted Leveling up happens pretty fast and consistently, but still, that just seems crazy.

E92 M3

How many level before one reaches "prestige" (I know it is called something else with a G.
60?

It just boggles my mind I have already seen people on their 3rd go around and the game is not even a week old yet. Granted Leveling up happens pretty fast and consistently, but still, that just seems crazy.

I currently have no life because I'm on vacation lol. And it's 50 levels to "regenerate" you also get an xp boost. I'm on 4 and it's currently at 30% extra. Challenges also level you up quickly.

wow, tried using the sniper rifle on boneyard for a bit and was constantly getting out-sniped by people using carbines on full auto.

Have to say that sniping in this game has no place, the game is too run and gun IMO.

Last titan standing is the best mode for me right now, fun to experiment with different titan builds.

Jito

Banned
60?

Yeh crazy that people have different lives, free time and priorities. How does it work?!

wow, tried using the sniper rifle on boneyard for a bit and was constantly getting out-sniped by people using carbines on full auto.

Have to say that sniping in this game has no place, the game is too run and gun IMO.

Last titan standing is the best mode for me right now, fun to experiment with different titan builds.

ADS on carbine has almost no recoil while you full auto, it's pretty silly and defeats the purpose of the single shot and burst fire weapons.

I think Titanfall would be pretty well suited to both King of the Hill/Crazy King and Oddball from Halo. The last two in particular would really favour people who mastered parkour.

ADS on carbine has almost no recoil while you full auto, it's pretty silly and defeats the purpose of the single shot and burst fire weapons.
First nerfs I'd make would be to the Shotgun (dramatically reduce its effectiveness at range) and the Carbine (far more recoil). They're both too all-purpose as it is, and yeah, out sniping snipers with the Carbine is ridiculous.

JB1981

INCREDIBLE video. This is the kind of thing I've been looking for. I really wanted a good look at the mobility and pilot vs. pilot combat and this video was perfect for that.

Damn I need to improve my parkour skills. Question regarding parkout .. do you have to click down on the left stick to hug the wall or if you are already sprinting toward it (forward on left stick) will you stay attached?

KJ869

Does anyone use the MAG launcher as their anti titan weapon? I liked the look of it based on the damage and fire rate stats but the range is so poor and I'm having trouble getting as many Titan kills with it.

I use it to shoot from far just to chip of enemy titan shields to get the titanfall faster, actualy for kills alone with is hard, but its excellent to just kill the enemy titan when you eject and are in the sky. The biggest drawbag is the red arch it leaves so every enemy pilot will know where to come kill you

First nerfs I'd make would be to the Shotgun (dramatically reduce its effectiveness at range) and the Carbine (far more recoil). They're both too all-purpose as it is, and yeah, out sniping snipers with the Carbine is ridiculous.
Have no problem with that personally. Never liked snipers in FPSes.

Have no problem with that personally. Never liked snipers in FPSes.
I mean I'm not the world's greatest sniper in any videogame, but both those guns effectively go unused because they have so much less utility than the other weapons in the game. I'm sure I'd be complaining about camping snipers about ten seconds after they made any buffs or nerfs, but it seems bizarre and unintended that sniping is as marginal as it is right now.

DSmalls84

Getting a fair amount of lost connection to server errors in game and crashes to the dashboard. Anyone else having issues? I'm really enjoying the game but these issues are happening multiple times every time I play.

E92 M3

I think Titanfall would be pretty well suited to both King of the Hill/Crazy King and Oddball from Halo. The last two in particular would really favour people who mastered parkour.

I think in general nerfs ruin games. Nothing wrong with having effective weapons. I don't use the shotgun much but I've never been dominated by it. Just because it's an annoying weapon (yes) doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed. In general I think the weapons are fine. Nerfs should be only reserved for the worst offenders - otherwise making weapons useless is no fun. If the shotgun is nerfed it will be worthless. The range is already not that large.

In terms of carbine, I'm not sure yet, but yet again, I never felt cheap from dying by it.

Finally, this game is designed for snipers. The devs themselves said it's all about moving and crazy vertical action. Sniper rifles are a nice novelty but not way useful in this game.

Try putting an ACOG scope on it. It's a fun rifle to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom