• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I'm not the world's greatest sniper in any videogame, but both those guns effectively go unused because they have so much less utility than the other weapons in the game. I'm sure I'd be complaining about camping snipers about ten seconds after they made any buffs or nerfs, but it seems bizarre and unintended that sniping is as marginal as it is right now.

Sniping being marginal? Just the way I like it!

Grisby

Sniping is hard and it often puts me near the bottem of the lists when I use the gun. However, getting kills with it is incredibly satisfying, especially of you manage to get them in the air.

Makes you feel like an amazing hunter. Pull!

Hurley

I can't even play the game now, every time I launch it gets to the EA logo screen and it locks up/goes bright green and then crashes.

I tried restarting my pc as well as disabling the intro videos and it still does it.

Titanfall, why do you hate me?

Can someone answer something for me? In this video, at 9:08 we destroy a Titan. About 5-6 seconds later at 9:14, I get an airborne kill. I have absolutely no idea how I got the kill. Anyone have an idea?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5LXxvBHuZY
I guess the pilot wanted to land on your titan but right before he landed on your titant you dashed so he got squished

@parcour video: actually i dont see anything special there, its the normal way the game is intented to be played, or at least i use parcour in the same way, heres a Beta montage from me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKA1eNh5AC8

also: the smart pistol is really bad, you can kill 90% of the enemies in the time the weapon needs to lock on with other weapons.

maybe i should start to edit my gameplay from the final game into a montage, but its time i could use to play titanfall

Damn I need to improve my parkour skills. Question regarding parkout .. do you have to click down on the left stick to hug the wall or if you are already sprinting toward it (forward on left stick) will you stay attached?

With mouse it's your aim modifier button. I disabled the aim toggle and set right click to be aim modifier (look down sites). This will make you click to the wall.

On controller it's the left trigger

I guess the pilot wanted to land on your titan but right before he landed on your titant you dashed so he got squished

@parcour video: actually i dont see anything special there, its the normal way the game is intented to be played, or at least i use parcour in the same way, heres a Beta montage from me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKA1eNh5AC8

also: the smart pistol is really bad, you can kill 90% of the enemies in the time the weapon needs to lock on with other weapons.

maybe i should start to edit my gameplay from the final game into a montage, but its time i could use to play titanfall

You *can* but you have to know they're behind you. People get the jump on me so often I'm starting to wonder if I'm deaf or the sound cue isn't even working.

jkanownik

Had a pretty poor experience the last two nights. There are some things that have really soured my experience:

1) Playing CTF with randoms usually results in a painful 0-6 score. The last ~five CTF matches all had people on the other team working together.

2) Last Titan Standing isn't fun at all on some maps (i.e Rise).

3) Lobbies randomly blow up and I get dropped into another game already in progress immediately. Twice I had a terrible CTF experience, lobby blew up and I ended up in a CTF match on the same map.

4) Leaving a lobby means you most likely will get dropped into another game in progress.

5) Joining an objective game in progress is almost never fun.

6) 1-5 combined means trying to play the variety playlist is very risky.

The end result is that now on I'll just be picking a playlist each night to play. When you've usually only got an hour or two to play at night before bed what may seem like minor annoyances become a big deal. I was also dealing with a little lag in some matches. It added to frustration, especially when people were running around with shotgun + stim.

Stainless

ok thanks for the responses guys- cliffdiving it is!

(I've actually gone off a cliff simply by missing dropship before, not an ejection due to doomed Titan, and it labeled it SUICIDE lol)

B3N1

This game...
izPvie3Occ8F4.gif

Milennia

I feel like I'm somehow behind since I am still G4 LV1. Getting that MMO feel of not playing as much you guys are.

Oh god.
Play last titan standing for them charge rifle kills.

Its kinda scumbag if you cant get any kills as well as crits with it, but you just gotta be that guy who doesn't do much for a little while lol.

Izuna

Banned
Oh god.
Play las titan standing for them charge rifle kills.

Its kinda scumbag of you cant get any kills as well as crits with it, but you just gotta be that guy who doesn't do much for a little while lol.

Just looked at the Challenges and besides the Critical Hits, with the Sniper being just 50 Pilots and Pistol being 50 I doubt I will hit the max level without completing these. Gotta go check to see this Critical Hit thing though.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
So it looks like TitanFall audio is 30+ gigs on my PC...wtf

Ummm, why can I have the choice of compressed audio if I want it. I don't want wasted space for audio difference I'm not even going to notice.

EDIT: Also, do all PC games default to 720p or is there some weird setting on my machine where it's not seeing that I have a 1080p monitor?

SUPARSTARX

I'm about to pick this up for PC. Are there any discount codes type of stuff left? How many of you guys got the collector's?? Is the statue heavy?

Milennia

Just looked at the Challenges and besides the Critical Hits, with the Sniper being just 50 Pilots and Pistol being 50 I doubt I will hit the max level without completing these. Gotta go check to see this Critical Hit thing though.

You will for sure, i did.
However i finished them at level 45, much later than i have been finishing the challenges.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I hope a round-based objective mode comes in the near future, like a CS bomb defuse mode or something. The round-based Last Titan Standing is boring as hell in my opinion.

Bydobob

(I've actually gone off a cliff simply by missing dropship before, not an ejection due to doomed Titan, and it labeled it SUICIDE lol)

For stupid deaths I once dashed my Titan backwards off a cliff to escape an explosion. There was then the humiliation of getting drop-kicked by a spectre after bringing up the text window in a frenzied escape.

This game keeps on giving and I'm bloody loving it. Second night in a row with less than 4 hours sleep, the wife's going to drop kick me at this rate.

I've became a bit of a minion hoarder, still usually top two or three for pilot kills but always end up with about 30 minion kills. Nice way to boost up some attrition points.

I almost don't feel like playing anymore until they switch up teams betweeb matches. It's boring having the same players on the same team the whole time, and it's even more boring exiting and rejoining to get new people every time.

Navy Bean

For stupid deaths I once dashed my Titan backwards off a cliff to escape an explosion. There was then the humiliation of getting drop-kicked by a spectre after bringing up the text window in a frenzied escape.

This game keeps on giving and I'm bloody loving it. Second night in a row with less than 4 hours sleep, the wife's going to drop kick me at this rate.
Every once in a while a grunt will rise up and drop kick your ass. Just tip your hat and move on....

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I kind of get bored playing this game, despite how much I enjoy it. I wonder it's because I have no one to play with on Origin :(

I have found a lot of these throughout the game.
13222453043_302144d00b_o.png

I have tried to scan them but have failed because I get shot.
Anybody have any ideas?

quick edit: also theres a lot of z-fighting on some. others are really easy

Titanfall Jump Skipping Tutorial:
http://youtu.be/wb72vJnrULA
I was wondering why one of the loading screen tips was about maintaining momentum by jumping. I didn't actually think it would work *this* well. Cool to know though!

Also yo, have any of you guys that've been messing with ShadowPlay have 2GB cards? I tried using it so I can record stuff at a whim but I was getting crazy stuttering and hitches kinda like I was running out of VRAM. (I get the same thing with textures on insane)
Me neither. I'll play with you. Origin name is Beamber.
Added! I'm aj_donut1. Usually play at night in central Europe. But unfortunately tonight will be my last gaming night for a couple weeks. Got a holiday trip.
I'll add both of you if you don't mind. Origin ID is Marco_Z_Cannon.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Me neither. I'll play with you. Origin name is Beamber.
Added! I'm aj_donut1. Usually play at night in central Europe. But unfortunately tonight will be my last gaming night for a couple weeks. Got a holiday trip.

I have a question...is there a Titan weapon/ordinance that can basically take out your shields and almost all of your health in 1 or 2 shots? I get into my Titan and then try to fight an enemy one and get in the doomed state a couple seconds later.

JimiNutz

Banned
I mean I'm not the world's greatest sniper in any videogame, but both those guns effectively go unused because they have so much less utility than the other weapons in the game. I'm sure I'd be complaining about camping snipers about ten seconds after they made any buffs or nerfs, but it seems bizarre and unintended that sniping is as marginal as it is right now.

I'm so glad that camping and sniping isn't really a thing in Titanfall.
I think Respawn themselves said that they dislike both practices and didn't want them in the game.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man that jump skipping is a game changer. I've done it maybe 3 times in a row but I had no idea you could just keep going and going.

Milennia

I have a question...is there a Titan weapon/ordinance that can basically take out your shields and almost all of your health in 1 or 2 shots? I get into my Titan and then try to fight an enemy one and get in the doomed state a couple seconds later.

the chain gun shreds shields pretty quickly and the cluster missile will melt your health if standing still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom