• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

I'm so glad that camping and sniping isn't really a thing in Titanfall.
I think Respawn themselves said that they dislike both practices and didn't want them in the game.

camping is 100% a thing in titan fall.
corner campers for days in objective game modes, all of them.
people staring down a hallway all game, its all here.

Gaz_RB

the chain gun shreds shields pretty quickly and the cluster missile will melt your health if standing still.

Especially if you can hit them with that Accelerator. If you let yourself get ripped by that bad boy at its fastest speed, you're gonna have a bad time.

I've been called a camper for perpetually circling the area near where the flag is in CTF. So I guess it depends on your definition :p.

No not that. The people that just stand in view of the flag and have it rigged with explosives. If you don't die from those they kill you instantly with a shotgun or something.
this

the chain gun shreds shields pretty quickly and the cluster missile will melt your health if standing still.

That makes sense. I've been trying to use the chaingun but can't seem to doom a Titan with it no matter how low their health gets. Guess I just have to keep trying to figure this all out. Can't seem to stop playing even with how terrible I play at times.

Gaz_RB

No not that. The people that just stand in view of the flag and have it rigged with explosives. If you don't die from those they kill you instantly with a shotgun or something.

I mean yeah, that's camping and it's mostly frowned upon, but I don't think that's a horrible way to play. Defense is defense when it comes to CTF.

The game also gives you a lot of ways to get around campers as well.

I've seen several kill cams where a guy just has ADS towards a corner and shoots whoever comes around, never moving themselves.

Man, you don't even need to be near the flag to have it rigged with explosives; Set 'em and then patrol or something. Just don't set them right on the floor and no one notices until they're already dead. Both times I tried camping in the same room as the flag (and explosives) I managed to get killed and lose the flag.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
A few assessments after over 15 hours of play.

The guns need a serious rebalancing. Right now, it's the Shotgun, daylight then everything else. Massively OP, especially when combined with certain burn cards. The Carbine feels weak as piss in comparison.

Also, cloak can be fundamentally useless sometimes. I don't know if you're supposed to stand still while in use. but while you're moving, you're very easily spotted by anyone with half decent eyesight. The only really good purpose it serves is ejecting from Titans to make a quick getaway.

The shotgun isn't overpowered at all. It is hilariously outgunned at medium range. If you go indoors and get 1 shot by it, that is what it supposed to do. If you are outdoors and you get outgunned at medium range, you have to aim better. The CAR blows that thing away.

And cloak isn't supposed to hide you from pilots. It is to get away from Titans.

Man, you don't even need to be near the flag to have it rigged with explosives; Set 'em and then patrol or something. Just don't set them right on the floor and no one notices until they're already dead. Both times I tried camping in the same room as the flag (and explosives) I managed to get killed and lose the flag.

You are avoiding the actual problem. I'm fine with you rigging the damn thing, but also standing in the corner watching every entrance? That is camping.
You may have trouble staying in the same room as the flag, but some people are doing it extremely well.

You are avoiding the actual problem. I'm fine with you rigging the damn thing, but also standing in the corner watching every entrance? That is camping.
You may have trouble staying in the same room as the flag, but some people are doing it extremely well.
I guess I can see it happening on a couple maps, but it seems like for the most part there are too many entrances for camping to work for more than a couple of deaths. People always find ways to make it work though. I just hope I continue to not have issues with it for the most part.

Coconut

Banned
The shotgun isn't overpowered at all. It is hilariously outgunned at medium range. If you go indoors and get 1 shot by it, that is what it supposed to do. If you are outdoors and you get outgunned at medium range, you have to aim better. The CAR blows that thing away.

And cloak isn't supposed to hide you from pilots. It is to get away from Titans.

I agree with the shotgun stuff and I don't use it but as a person going toe to toe with a shotgunner, if I die its because they got too close.

Cloak helps to confuse pilots.

Kyzon

I guess I can see it happening on a couple maps, but it seems like for the most part there are too many entrances for camping to work for more than a couple of deaths. People always find ways to make it work though. I just hope I continue to not have issues with it for the most part.

Between satchels and wall hanging, most flags/hardpoints are easily camped from my experience. If I'm defending for the team I sit in a corner on the wall, kill someone, move away so they can't come back for revenge and repeat. With satchels, I cover a room with 3 and then leave on hardpoint. As soon as the marker on the bottom right starts blinking because it's being taken I detonate and head back over there.

Milennia

I wouldn't really call defending a flag or hardpoint camping.

this is camping, i have over 200 recorded videos of me dying to a dude sitting in a random corner, whether it be on the objective, or not.
i have been killed by people not in the objective area, sitting in a corner, or staring down the hallways of a bridge, or even wallhanging with a smart pistol (i usually get these guys before they can kill).
people cloaked ontop of our own flag, not even picking it up, just so they can rack up a kill count.
people who play objective based modes and don't PTFO are abundant.

flat out defending a perimeter whilst moving isn't camping, nor is controlling high ground/ base area.
sitting in a corner is something else.

Coconut

Banned
this is camping, i have over 200 recorded videos of my dying to a dude sitting in a random corner, whether it be on the objective, or not.
i have been killed by people not in the objective area, sitting in a corner, or staring down the hallways of a bridge, or even wallhanging with a smart pistol (i usually get these guys before they can kill).

Active radar.

Jito

Banned
I wouldn't really call defending a flag or hardpoint camping.

There's a difference between defending a point and sitting in the same corner on a hardpoint all game when their team is losing and they're clearly playing for K/D. It's pretty pathetic but they never care.

Milennia

Active radar.

it gives me a headache and i prefer to PTFO with cloak to avoid titans.
I'm doing just fine.
C4 helps a ton, but i will gladly respond to anyone saying there isn't camping in this game.
i have played with too many people who sit in random corners, even on non objective based modes.

my friend who plays halo professionally keeps telling me, welcome to call of duty every time we see one.

There's a difference between defending a point and sitting in the same corner on a hardpoint all game when their team is losing and they're clearly playing for K/D. It's pretty pathetic but they never care.

If I worried about my K/D I would have quit the game after about 5 minutes. I play for fun...screaming at the TV at times fun...lol

Coconut

Banned
it gives me a headache and i prefer to PTFO with cloak to avoid titans.
I'm doing just fine.

Alright, well enjoy your 200 more deaths. I don't know what to tell you besides active radar and toss more grenades into hard points and work your mech better. The only reason why people are camping is because no one is using active radar.

Gaz_RB

If I worried about my K/D I would have quit the game after about 5 minutes. I play for fun...screaming at the TV at times fun...lol
Seriously. This game makes me tell at the tv more than anything.

Usually really passive aggressively.
"Oh yeah I'm sure you grabbed me before I ejected. For sure. You're sooo good."

I will happily "camp" a single hardpoint or our flag if we have the lead and we're set to continue having the lead. If my team is behind or set to lose the lead, I will move.

Milennia

Alright, well enjoy your 200 more deaths. I don't know what to tell you besides active radar and toss more grenades into hard points and work your mech better.

if you call a 5.3 k/d only playing domination and not camping bad, sure... ill gladly welcome my 200 more deaths.

i don't die to the same sad human being sitting in the corner all game. ill die once, and deal with the issue with 1 c4 because he's sitting in the same corner.
they always go back, and i will kill them again before i head into the objective area, with the same C4 int he same corner.

i come from battlefield where active radar doesn't exist.
shit is normal and i got used to it.
i don't need the crutch.

i also don't see them every game.
if you read my original post, it was responding to someone saying there is no camping in this game.
that doesn't mean i come in contact with them every game.
i have died 200 times in near total after my ridiculous amount of time played so far, which is over 50 hours since midnight tuesday.
im not going to use active radar over another option just for campers that i don't see every game.

Nice! With all due respect, the people you're playing with are stupid.

No argument there. Last night was fun to just mess with a few people.

What software did you use to edit your montage?

Windows Movie Maker.

I was wondering why one of the loading screen tips was about maintaining momentum by jumping. I didn't actually think it would work *this* well. Cool to know though!

Also yo, have any of you guys that've been messing with ShadowPlay have 2GB cards? I tried using it so I can record stuff at a whim but I was getting crazy stuttering and hitches kinda like I was running out of VRAM. (I get the same thing with textures on insane)
I'll add both of you if you don't mind. Origin ID is Marco_Z_Cannon.

Yeah, jump skipping is SUPER useful. I have a 1.5gb card and saw some frame drops from running Shadowplay with medium quality, but nothing unplayable.

Archpath1

If you're sitting in a spot for more than 1 min waiting for players your camping

I don't mind if you're patrolling your area so they don't make it in that's fair to me

Coconut

Banned
if you call a 5.3 k/d only playing domination and not camping bad, sure... ill gladly welcome my 200 more deaths.

i don't die to the same sad human being sitting in the corner all game. ill die once, and deal with the issue with 1 c4 because he's sitting in the same corner.
they always go back, and i will kill them again before i head into the objective area, with the same C4 int he same corner.

i come from battlefield where active radar doesn't exist.
shit is normal and i got used to it.

They way you make it sound is that camping is just as big of a problem in TF as it is in any multiplayer FPS and now you are saying it's like one person occasionally. Which one is it?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Depends on how it's done, in which a lot of people do camp in those modes placing Satchel Charges and Arc Mines everywhere while wall hanging as well.

If it is around the flag, then he is defending it. I have a CTF kit now since it is becoming popular. Smart pistol picks up explosives, radar pulse points them out to me. You have to adapt to survive against that kind of stuff.

Milennia

They way you make it sound is that camping is just as big of a problem in TF as it is in any multiplayer FPS and now you are saying it's like one person occasionally. Which one is it?

since when are they different?
i don't get camped in battlefield every game either.
over 1500 conquest games so far.
even when i play my ESL dom games i don't get camped every game.
there also isn't a legitimate c4 option that game, it barely flies in front of you let alone across the room.

as i have just said, i was responding to someone saying there is no camping in this game, and all of my responses hold true to my original statement.
and no, i did not specifically say it was one person at all occasionally?
i said its not every single game, and i play a lot of games.

If it is around the flag, then he is defending it. I have a CTF kit now since it is becoming popular. Smart pistol picks up explosives, radar pulse points them out to me. You have to adapt to survive against that kind of stuff.

Yep. Though I still dislike wallhacks. It should only detect wallhangers

Jito

Banned
This is a "no throws allowed' in fighting games kind of thing isn't it? Kinda silly

No it's more like talking about the game in the OT. No one is saying that camping isn't allowed, I'm definitely not, as the campers usually never win the game. Doesn't mean we can't have a good bitch about things that annoy us though.

Timu

There was a guy who mainly goes around trying to jump kick people and not even defend his flag, heck he was called out by someone on my team, lol.

def sim

No it's more like talking about the game in the OT. No one is saying that camping isn't allowed, I'm definitely not, as the campers usually never win the game. Doesn't mean we can't have a good bitch about things that annoy us though.

I didn't say you can't. It's similar to the "no throws allowed" sentiment because it's an arbitrary rule over a perceived "bullshit" tactic. I define camping as something closer to this:

I do that all the time.

That's playing the objective. Camping, as I've come to understand it, is a place you stay in to rack up kills.

It sucks when people play solely for their k/d ratio in a team objective game, sure. Standing still in a corner or hanging on an adjacent wall to watch the entrances to a hardpoint wouldn't be camping to me.

Milennia

I didn't say you can't. It's similar to the "no throws allowed" sentiment because it's an arbitrary rule over a perceived "bullshit" tactic. I define camping as something closer to this:

It sucks when people play solely for their k/d ratio in a team objective game, sure. Standing still in a corner or hanging on an adjacent wall to watch the entrances to a hardpoint wouldn't be camping to me.

this is what consider it to be as well yes.
blatantly there for kills and not to PTFO, looking for kills on those who are trying to play the mode.
in a game where others can't see your k/d unless you tell them exactly what it is yourself, it confuses me that this exists in this game to an extent.
realistically thinking however, they are coming form other games where they do the same thing i would imagine, so its a routine.

edit: oh, you said WOULDNT be camping, skimmed right over that.. never mind.

Jito

Banned

Power to you then, I'm not going to debate what is classified as camping with campers in denial.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Are people really complaining about campers in objective based games? And even still, doesnt the kill cam tell you exactly where they are so you can go back and shoot them in the face?

shandy706

I ran into the problem many do yesterday.

I would capture and hold a point (usually B) completely by myself. All the other 5 people on my team had to do was hold ONE other point, and they couldn't freaking do it. Drove me nuts...ended up finding another server/lobby.

Milennia

Are people really complaining about campers in objective based games? And even still, doesnt the kill cam tell you exactly where they are so you can go back and shoot them in the face?

nobody is complaining.
we were responding to someone saying there weren't any campers in the game with examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom