• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Double XP and Titan Salvage burn cards are the best used in Last Titan Standing. You get to keep the card every round as long as you (Pilot) don't die. One game I got over 65,000 XP. 65,000!! Granted I'm on Generation 6 so there is a big XP boost from that too.

TrueGrime

Did this by accident yesterday. Was amazing!!

Someone here mentioned a good way to crush titans is to rodeo. If you're lucky enough to rodeo a titan and the pilot has to get out, call in your titan right on it. Hopefully you kill the bastard coming out to get you. Even if you didn't, they'll have no time whatsoever to get back in their titan to continue.

Kyzon

A good CTF team needs people camping around the base IMO. When playing with gaffers I usually try to take the flag, and I have one person covering, the other 4 typically farm grunts to speed up titanfall, and protect our flag. This has worked about 95% of the time in game.

besada

Banned
I'm so glad that camping and sniping isn't really a thing in Titanfall.

I'm calling the new hotness Batmanning. I can't count the number of rooms I've run into, only to find one or more dudes hanging from the tops of walls, cloaked, sniping anyone who rolls into the room.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Someone needs to upload all the music. One of the songs from Corporate map is mint while using a titan.

I'd assume your ping would be roughly the same as whatever it told you on the main menu when you connected to the server. Do you really need to know your exact latency within 10 milliseconds?

It seems to change though a lot in-game. I've done tests on the PC and the main menu of the game which both always show low 20's sometimes 15-20 but in-game while playing the bar is always 3/4 never full.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I'm calling the new hotness Batmanning. I can't count the number of rooms I've run into, only to find one or more dudes hanging from the tops of walls, cloaked, sniping anyone who rolls into the room.

I like that, this phrase should catch on.

Over time you just get a knack for spotting pilots. They run differently, and are both less predictable and more direct in their movements than the AI.

AI are slow and like to crouch a lot, also they love doing their set pieces.

Jarmel

Banned
Is letting the opposing team get all 6 of their Titans out and not doing anything to stop them a new thing now that people like doing? The past couple days I've lost track of how many matches where they have all of their Titans grouped together and 1 might get destroyed and if you go anywhere near them you have 5 or 6 Titans shooting at you at once.

At that point it's better to just quit as you need your teammates to call their Titans all down at once. In short, teamwork.

shandy706

Is letting the opposing team get all 6 of their Titans out and not doing anything to stop them a new thing now that people like doing? The past couple days I've lost track of how many matches where they have all of their Titans grouped together and 1 might get destroyed and if you go anywhere near them you have 5 or 6 Titans shooting at you at once.

Simple fix my friend...even better if you can get one other person to help you with this.

Just....

ibsHXGXf05Zf2E.gif

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man what a shit match. Our team barely hit 1/2 way while they got 250. Top guy on the opposite team was 4th Generation and got 42 Grunt kills and just wrecked everyone with that damn smart pistol.

I hate using a great burn card then dying within seconds of re-spawning. Such a waste.

One thing which is great. When you have a Titan ready just rodeo an enemies then once you notice the titan is powering down due to the pilot jumping out keeping aiming at the weak point and call the titan. It will 100% land directly on-top and they don't have a chance to move it.

https://onedrive.live.com/#cid=927025AC95307456&id=927025AC95307456!156&v=3

Guilty as charged (sans the cloak, and only on hard point objectives).

VASPER

Banned
So im gen 2 and i have to pitch a tent with the shotgun on hard point. I really don't think i want to play another game mode love it so much!

At that point it's better to just quit as you need your teammates to call their Titans all down at once. In short, teamwork.

Simple fix my friend...even better if you can get one other person to help you with this.

Just....

ibsHXGXf05Zf2E.gif

Yeah...if I keep getting in those types of matches I'm just gonna quit out. I hate doing that though but it might be my only way.

I've tried the Nuclear Ejection trick and it does work but if they dash away from the explosion then it doesn't do anything to thin them out.

Kyzon

Soooo with a Titan, I haven't let a drop ship go in a while. They're so easy to destroy.

Here's my mojo

Run up in Titan
Smoke
Cluster Bomb
Nukeject

From there it's easy pickings.

Bsigg12

So im gen 2 and i have to pitch a tent with the shotgun on hard point. I really don't think i want to play another game mode love it so much!

The parkour kit, cloak, the shotgun with a silencer and a wall looking around the hardpoint room, and then just rain hell down. So good.

Alx

Soooo with a Titan, I haven't let a drop ship go in a while. They're so easy to destroy.

Here's my mojo

Run up in Titan
Smoke
Cluster Bomb
Nukeject

From there it's easy pickings.

I didn't even think of using anything else than regular weapons on the ship... smoke and nuclear eject are quite clever.

Man what a shit match. Our team barely hit 1/2 way while they got 250. Top guy on the opposite team was 4th Generation and got 42 Grunt kills and just wrecked everyone with that damn smart pistol.

I hate using a great burn card then dying within seconds of re-spawning. Such a waste.

One thing which is great. When you have a Titan ready just rodeo an enemies then once you notice the titan is powering down due to the pilot jumping out keeping aiming at the weak point and call the titan. It will 100% land directly on-top and they don't have a chance to move it.

https://onedrive.live.com/#cid=927025AC95307456&id=927025AC95307456!156&v=3

I had one match today where it was 250-88 I believe. I was the "MVP" (and I use that term loosely) of our team. I just sat there and looked at the score shaking my head.

Kyzon

I didn't even think of using anything else than regular weapons on the ship... smoke and nuclear eject are quite clever.

All I need now are all enemy pilots in the drop ship and I'll have that achievement easily.

Give it a try next time you play and watch the ship's health drain.

This also (kinda) works to clear out enemy titans when you're trying to escape

Jarmel

Banned
Getting sick of getting stuck with crap teams. If you're shit, then farm minions and try not to die too much. Good God, some of these people...

TrueGrime

Yeah...if I keep getting in those types of matches I'm just gonna quit out. I hate doing that though but it might be my only way.

I've tried the Nuclear Ejection trick and it does work but if they dash away from the explosion then it doesn't do anything to thin them out.

Save your extended nuclear burn card for such a situation.

TrueGrime

Getting sick of getting stuck with crap teams. If you're shit, then farm minions and try not to die too much. Good God, some of these people...

I hate doing pubs. Absolutely hate it but I still want to play. People in this thread, both Xbox and PC, need to party up. We all sound like we know what we're doing -and- we're giving each other on the fly advice.

GAF party a thing to be reckoned with.

When I start a new multiplayer game my first few matches are just learning how not to die in the game.

I'm honestly just trying to not be a drag on the teams I'm on. I think I've played "better" the past couple days at least as far as I see it. I'll never be the guy getting 20 pilot kills and doing 720 degree spins in mid-air, stopping on a dime, then pulling off a perfect headshot from half a map away. I try to find things that I can do reasonably well and stick with that.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I had one match today where it was 250-88 I believe. I was the "MVP" (and I use that term loosely) of our team. I just sat there and looked at the score shaking my head.

Yup I got MVP of our team as well.

I managed to call my Titan in first on our team but by then they had 6 titans with control of A.I turrets on the map so it was just utter chaos in being dominated against 6 titans.

I tried my best but gave up when going against 4 titans lol and then seconds later it was game over.

b0bbyJ03

just built a pc to play this game.. im new to PC altogether so just wondering, what does everyone use to communicate? does the game have built in software? origin? or do you use other software? also, I was using a set of Astros A40s and i know i can use those with a PC. can i run chat through the USB connection the way i do on my PS4? and last, are a lot of people using game pads on PC Titanfall? i find that i do very well with the DS4 but im trying not to use it so that i can play the proper way on PC but sometimes it hurts my hands to use the KB/M since im not used to it. I've been using both.

Gaz_RB

I feel like this is one of the first games that I feel like playing with a controller on PC isn't a handicap.

Like in Battlefield 4 I play on my PS4 because I don't like Mouse and Keyboard, and if I try to plug in my controller for that game on PC, I get wrecked.

This game... I'm doing really well with just a controller.

Sean

Banned
Was just screwing around on the "Rise" map doing the zipline challenge near my base, then I notice a cloaked enemy on the opposite zipline, he jumps across to my zipline and we get into a little gun battle while ziplining. Kind of cool. http://1drv.ms/1ecC9oK

Hari Seldon

I suck bad at this game. I guess I do alright as a pilot but I cannot do anything as a Titan. I just call mine in and let it go auto because piloting a titan is a waste of time for me. I cannot kill any other titan 1 on 1 it seems. Playing as a pilot is just so much more fun. Any tips? What chassis, weapon, tactics, etc.?

Also I think I'm going to try the switch from m/kb to controller. My skills have eroded over the years apparently, and I'm going to give the auto aim a shot.

Izuna

Banned
Oh my, I went 12-0 with the Autopistol in Attrition. Nearly finished with the Titan and Autopistol, leaving the Sniper until I level up and get the Charge Rifle. AMPed Autopistol is a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom