• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
SP campaign is the obvious one. ;)
If it's awful, the absence is superior. A singleplayer campaign takes resources and money. If they could make something great then I'd play it, but a poor one would mean power that could have been spent on the bread and butter of this game and that is not playing alone.

Anyway if we're going to do that pool our thoughts thing it's probably a distinct enough topic for another thread. Putting it all in once place is probably a good idea but I dunno if that should be the OT.

Not to sound cocky, but my W/L says differently. It's just boring gameplay compared to Gears KOTH IMO.

I mean, such is the nature of hardpoint. You're supposed to hold the points; why would you leave? The only reason is to go and capture the other point because you're team's not equipped to handle it or you're a reserve player. The more I play hardpoint, the more I realize it's a great mode to start but doesn't really have legs. A better mode would essentially be Halo 4's King of the Hill. Random Hardpoints that only last a set amount of time until you use them up. That'd promote map traversal rather than camping it out.

The true fun in Titanfall is in playing CTF, Last Titan Standing or even Attrition, if you can believe it.

I'd much rather play a horde mode like campaign over some story nonsense. There's just enough story in the game currently.

There's story in this game?

Seriously though, I'd rather have a horde mode as well. It's really kind of disappointing that they didn't put one in. I can't imagine it would be terrible difficult, at least certainly not on the level of creating a legit single-player campaign.

This article is very interesting. It's about how MSFT/Respawn have allowed cheaters and are simply waiting to do anything about it as they don't want to mess with their image and high sales early on.

http://www.examiner.com/article/titanfall-boosts-xbox-one-sales-but-cheaters-are-still-prospering

While I understand their side on this issue, I would much prefer a company to do the right thing and ban all users that used any early access hacks (modify.exe) or in-game exploits.

Edit:Maybe this article is garbage the closer I examine it..."Despite the cheating running rampant, more Titanfall excitement is coming down the pike. One feature that should get players going is the apparent edition of giant monsters to the next DLC.

Titanfall is currently available on the Xbox One but there will be a Titanfall on the PC and a Titanfall version for the Xbox 360 by the end of the month."

LOL

Gaz_RB

I love manually ejecting from the cockpit while you're being rodeoed, and then we both get thrown into the air and I can kill them easily.

This article is very interesting. It's about how MSFT/Respawn have allowed cheaters and are simply waiting to do anything about it as they don't want to mess with their image and high sales early on.

http://www.examiner.com/article/titanfall-boosts-xbox-one-sales-but-cheaters-are-still-prospering

While I understand their side on this issue, I would much prefer a company to do the right thing and ban all users that used any early access hacks (modify.exe) or in-game exploits.

Are there any cheats on the X1 version, or is it just PC? I haven't seen anything suspicious yet.

I love manually ejecting from the cockpit while you're being rodeoed, and then we both get thrown into the air and I can kill them easily.

WTF, that works?!?!

HelloMeow

"cheaters running rampant"? In my 25+ hours of playing Titanfall, I have only seen 2 blatant cheaters. I have been called a cheater at least a dozen times. I think people are too eager to call people cheaters while they have no idea of what is actually possible in the game.

Etnos

Banned

Edit:Maybe this article is garbage the closer I examine it..."Despite the cheating running rampant, more Titanfall excitement is coming down the pike. One feature that should get players going is the apparent edition of giant monsters to the next DLC.

Titanfall is currently available on the Xbox One but there will be a Titanfall on the PC and a Titanfall version for the Xbox 360 by the end of the month."

LOL

20 hours in xbone 8 hours on PC, I haven't seen anything resembling hackers. Not even close to be a "massive problem". Usual click bait article.

"cheaters running rampant"? In my 25+ hours of playing Titanfall, I have only seen 2 blatant cheaters. I have been called a cheater at least a dozen times. I think people are too eager to call people cheaters while they have no idea of what is actually possible in the game.

I play PC and haven't seen one yet either (other than the modify.exe guys that were many ranks above me upon release). I only brought it up because it's not right for a company to knowingly allow cheating and to say they will address it later to preserve its image...seems kind of ironic?

Has a solution to the server connection problems been announced yet? I'm specifically referring to the infinite spaceship loading screen, for lack of a better description. I'm not sure how common this problem is within the community, but at this stage, I've had the game since launch and have not been able to play a single game, let alone load the menu. This game is near unplayable for what seems to be many people.

HelloMeow

I play PC and haven't seen one yet either (other than the modify.exe guys that were many ranks above me upon release). I only brought it up because it's not right for a company to knowingly allow cheating and to say they will address it later to preserve its image...seems kind of ironic?

Not really. I think they will ban cheaters eventually. It's more efficient to issue "ban waves", because you'll catch more cheaters when those cheaters don't know they have been caught.

eznark

Banned
So, weird issue. I run two monitors and usually have Dota running in one of them (to watch a replay, form a party, whatever). Yesterday I had Dota on one monitor and was trying to play Titanfall on the other. I couldn't get a connection in TF. Restarted, restarted Origin, repaired the install. Nothing worked.

I finally restarted the PC and loaded TF, boom connected instantly. When I then booted up Dota I instantly lost connection to the TF servers. The game doesn't crash or anything, it just boots me off the server.

Any clue on how to fix something like this?

Really enjoying the game and just reached Gen 3 on PC, but man, I wish more people would play the objective in Hardpoint and CTF. I find myself being the MVP most games but sometimes still coming out with a loss and I'm not sure how we manage to lose! I guess some players are more focused on killing rather than capturing, but I guess this is what I get for not having any friends to play with, haha.

So, weird issue. I run two monitors and usually have Dota running in one of them (to watch a replay, form a party, whatever). Yesterday I had Dota on one monitor and was trying to play Titanfall on the other. I couldn't get a connection in TF. Restarted, restarted Origin, repaired the install. Nothing worked.

I finally restarted the PC and loaded TF, boom connected instantly. When I then booted up Dota I instantly lost connection to the TF servers. The game doesn't crash or anything, it just boots me off the server.

Another Gaffer had this problem quite a few pages back. Don't know that he ever got it solved, though.

If it's awful, the absence is superior. A singleplayer campaign takes resources and money. If they could make something great then I'd play it, but a poor one would mean power that could have been spent on the bread and butter of this game and that is not playing alone.

Anyway if we're going to do that pool our thoughts thing it's probably a distinct enough topic for another thread. Putting it all in once place is probably a good idea but I dunno if that should be the OT.

Well, I certainly would agree with this. I would never request a SP campaign that sucks. Lol I would hope that "only if its great" is implied by any such thoughts. :)

Finally hit Gen 2 after 6 or so very good games with fellow Gaffer Emphereal(might not be his GAF name?). Very weird not having unlocks etc at the moment but still managed to perform quite well in a match of Attrition as a Level 1 against some high level Gen 4's.

Love this game.

Hey Drewz. Haha my GAF tag is actually Marshmellow.
It was an awesome win streak and the games were a lot of fun, hope to follow in your footsteps into gen 1 later this week, 5 levels to go!

Yessir it's my new go to strat when I've got a low health Titan and I'm being rodeoed. And usually they are right in front of you, making them easy to gun down because you're both going the same speed.

Yep I learned this the hard way by having a guy do it to me. Lol It became a strategy of mine too instantly.

Hey Drewz. Haha my GAF tag is actually Marshmellow.
It was an awesome win streak and the games were a lot of fun, hope to follow in your footsteps into gen 1 later this week, 5 levels to go!

Is there any advantage to resetting and going gen 1 aside from "bragging rights"? I'm getting close (level 48 right now) and when I pick the game back up at the end of the week after I finish my boards I'll probably hit 50 before the weekend is over...

I'm going to guess that it has to to with UPnP port mapping. I bet they use the same ports to communicate with servers.

I'm sure those wanting a SP component are hoping it's good and not awful.

Coconut

Banned
Regenned on PC, felt like those final level took ages. Didn't realize your challenges reset too, that's good.

I was playing campaign because when I was trying to unlock ogre people kept skipping out on games and I figured I'd be cool and play the campaign through for folks trying to do the same that I was doing, and I don't know if it was just me but I felt like I was gaining XP faster in campaign mode.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm sure those wanting a SP component are hoping it's good and not awful.
Well, I certainly would agree with this. I would never request a SP campaign that sucks. Lol I would hope that "only if its great" is implied by any such thoughts. :)
I'm saying great- not good; and for some people, "only if it's great" isn't implied. Good would be enough. There's also a risk of "deeply awful" (I'm sorry, but the "narrative" of this game is not worthy of any particular praise or commentary) and the likelihood of "adequate." That's my point, because you wouldn't know how good it was until the hours were already spent crafting it.

Put another way, imagine there's a list of 10 things you want included most. Where "singleplayer campaign" is on that list- if it is at all- isn't the same for everybody. My original response was to that being the "obvious one" thing we needed to include for future iterations.

teokrazia

VlcftFh.jpg

Oh yes

Aahahahhahahahahahhaaha, my master! *_*

You guys think the current reviewer average of 85-86 is fair for this game? Did the hype coming into it make it disappointing that it's not a 90+ game?

I think it's about fair given what you're getting but it's not the next gaming phenomenon.

Milennia

You guys think the current reviewer average of 85-86 is fair for this game? Did the hype coming into it make it disappointing that it's not a 90+ game?

I think it's about fair given what you're getting but it's not the next gaming phenomenon.

i would give it an average around there myself, so yeah i would say its pretty fair.

It's fair, it's a fun game, but it feels lacking and light on content. Think they should have given us a more robust package for a MP only title.

I just wanted to share a fix for anybody looking for this specific problem.

Engine error couldn't allocate ip, tried 3 adresses

You need to format your hard drive and do a fresh install of windows. There is Malware that is ip blocking you from even seeing the main menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom