• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Wow CTF is TENSE! The games I've mainly have been in are the first half its a stalemate and the second half either side then dominates.

statham

All I've played is attrition but today I finished the IMC campaign and played some of the hardpoints levels in it. I deeply regret not playing them earlier, they are a blast. I had 3 pilot kills on my first play within 10 seconds. Wish I said xbox record this, but I died right after the third kill.
Also tried Last Titan standing today, thats a blast too.

Izuna

Banned
So much wrong with his review, he played 4 hours and claims you can unlock everything in the first few hours. You bloody well can't haha! Also he doesn't know the name of any of the weapons, he played this game wanting to hate it. Dude, the hype doesn't make it worse that it isn't the best game ever, it doesn't effect what the game is. It is nothing like CoD, damn.

I don't like him. Be said he doesn't like FPS and the only thing he likes about BF4 is apparently the fact that it has 64 players and he doesn't even talk about why that's something he prefers. Why does he like 64 players?

Alexalder

Banned
So much wrong with his review, he played 4 hours and claims you can unlock everything in the first few hours. You bloody well can't haha! Also he doesn't know the name of any of the weapons, he played this game wanting to hate it. Dude, the hype doesn't make it worse that it isn't the best game ever, it doesn't effect what the game is. It is nothing like CoD, damn.
Also he talks about Cloak like it's the only ability in the game, did anyone notice?

Gaz_RB

I've only run into one hacker named "nigga" who would just kill you and when you saw the kill cam he was looking at the ground or something, no where near you. After we called him out he spammed a hacker website URL and left...

Izuna

Banned
Also he talks about Cloak like it's the only ability in the game, did anyone notice?

It's annoying because this same guy would have HATED Quake III Arena when it came out. The way he talks about all the stuff you can do including Rodeoing walljumping etc. And then goes to say he hasn't done anything in TF he hasn't in other games and fell asleep? What? When he talked about Second Son he just prefixed everything with Amazing and that's that. He want's to hate on TF.

The Cowboy

Loving the Stryder.

Its quite shocking how quickly a full dash setup Stryder can get around a map, I think I'll be sticking with this Titan for a while. I'd been primarily using Ogre's, but the Stryder is just so fast and fun.

Its just great for hardpoint and CTF.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Troll loadout? Everything here is designed to harsh someone's buzz. Wallhacking, autoaiming, vision-destroying troll loadout with the ability to drop Titans on other people's Titans just thrown in there for kicks. I salute you.

That is my current go to loadout :D

ColEx

Does every Titan do the same damage when they punch another Titan? I was using my Ogre Titan and i got punched to do death by a very aggressive Stryder, there's me thinking i could take the hits and put him in a doomed state by nuking him while he punched me, but he won! :(

Gaz_RB

Does every Titan do the same damage when they punch another Titan? I was using my Ogre Titan and i got punched to do death by a very aggressive Stryder, there's me thinking i could take the hits and put him in doomed state by nuking him while he punched me, but he won! :(

There's a perk called "Big Punch" that greatly increases your punch damage.

Lunzio

Does every Titan do the same damage when they punch another Titan? I was using my Ogre Titan and i got punched to do death by a very aggressive Stryder, there's me thinking i could take the hits and put him in a doomed state by nuking him while he punched me, but he won! :(

One of the strats that I used for a little while was Stryder build and the Big Punch perk. I'd turn on unlimited dash and juke around the other Titans punching the crap out of them.

It was cool.

Plissken

Decided I need something to play to blow off steam after hours of getting killed in Dark Souls 2, so I picked this up. Was not expecting a 50gb install, what is taking up so much space? Tons of uncompressed audio? Mega Textures? Not complaining about the size, just means I have to wait a little longer to play, but that just seems really large for an FPS.

Decided I need something to play to blow off steam after hours of getting killed in Dark Souls 2, so I picked this up. Was not expecting a 50gb install, what is taking up so much space? Tons of uncompressed audio? Mega Textures? Not complaining about the size, just means I have to wait a little longer to play, but that just seems really large for an FPS.

36GB of audio, somehow. I have no idea.

Woo-Fu

Banned
The Age (one of Australia's biggest newspapers) has posted an interesting article in response to the Titanfall server issues here in Australia, arguing the 'drawbacks of online-only gaming are shown by Titanfall failure'. What are the chances that Respawn/EA/Microsoft respond now and take a more pro-active approach to fixing these problems? Whether they're responsible or not, I'd love to see them reach out to the Australian ISPs and work to a solution.

Is it a drawback of online-only gaming or a drawback of living in Australia?

If you want to blame online gaming then you're going to have to be more specific, namely the client/server model chosen for the game, the model that requires Microsoft cloud compute.

The truth of the matter is that this issue---whatever people want to say it is---isn't inherent to online-only gaming.

Is it a drawback of online-only gaming or a drawback of living in Australia?

If you want to blame online gaming then you're going to have to be more specific, namely the client/server model chosen for the game, the model that requires Microsoft cloud compute.

The truth of the matter is that this issue---whatever people want to say it is---isn't inherent to online-only gaming.

I'm not blaming online gaming. I'm just highlighting what I thought was an interesting article and hoping that with more attention, there might be a quicker solution to the network issues. I didn't state an opinion either way, other than to say it was interesting.

Hip Hop

Smart Pistol? What Smart Pistol?

Also, STOP CLOAKING it never works!

Look at these idiots: http://1drv.ms/1hu0aq7
Was there ever a game where cloaking did work?

Last call for people to play =) Perfect Izuna

Crysis 3 or 2.

It broke both games, unplayable.

I really hate cloaking in games but this is the first time I've seen it done well, not overpowered at all in Titanfall.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Now the game is just crashing in the middle of multiplayer matches. Does this have something to do with cheater prevention?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Now the game is just crashing in the middle of multiplayer matches. Does this have something to do with cheater prevention?
Those last two matches seemed alright, and your ping was in the 30s.. it might just have been bad luck? The game was shipped a bit prematurely.

Wow, another reason to never touch that weapon.

It slows down the rate of lock on, so yeah its very effective.

Also whats this about Run N Gun with the smart pistol. You don't need that perk for the pistol to lock on while wall running and jumping. At least I am pretty sure that's how it works, since I never used Run n Gun and never had trouble with getting a smart pistol lock.

Argonomic

The matchmaking for this game is still horrible. Losing streak for today since my most of my team is underlevel compared to the opponents.

To my knowledge it has not changed yet, but we are working on it. The main priority this first week has been server stability and availability.

I'd love to know too! Does this game show the current player count like COD games do?

I play titanfall with a guy who works for ea support and he says they can check server player population. He says today was about 200,000 peak xbox one and 50,000 peak pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom