• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

raviolico

as i previously mentioned i`m new to the...hype that is Titanfall. ;)
so, next question: can i play a mode with bots only? aka combat training?

Question - if I were to purchase the game digitally from the UK but via the US Marketplace (as all games are region free) and then played it, would I be banned for playing earlier than my region should be?

:/

11 years on XBL, I realllly don't want to be banned for something as silly as that.

DarkFlow

Banned
Question - if I were to purchase the game digitally from the UK but via the US Marketplace (as all games are region free) and then played it, would I be banned for playing earlier than my region should be?

:/

11 years on XBL, I realllly don't want to be banned for something as silly as that.

No you'll be fine.

I was hoping to play the game on Tuesday (I am in the UK) but having read the [INSERT SITE NAME HERE DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE AS TO THIS BEING AN ISSUE BUT I GUESS IT WAS AND IS] email it looks like I won't get my key until a day before release here (14th).
And then I have to download it using carrier pigeon to bring me the data.
I don't know why we have to wait. It won't be easy reading this thread next week for the 3 days I can't play.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

Purchased PvZ from Europe via the US store and got to play it before the local release, and I am still living.

Freki

Is it really? Does it really have no benefits? What about data recovery or whatever?
Don't listen to him. Partitioning makes sense for when you want to cleanly reinstall your os without wiping all your data.
I always use a small 80gig c partition for this usecase.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
But to mention the fact that you really don't want to do a lot of rewriting on an ssd. They do have a limit to how many times it can be done. The limit is high, but it is there.

I doubt that matters all the much, in the time it'll take for a SSD to use up it limited writes (I researched around 10 years for mine) the chances are your HDD would also have failed or had some issues. It's specific to the type also. And on the guy referring to the size, It's clearly an older SSD, SSD's weren't always the price for GB they are now, nor were they as reliable for the lower price.

TheOddOne

- Gamespot: Titanfall will have free/paid DLC and season pass
Zampella was non-committal about the recent Reddit leaks (which included images of ziplines and heavy turrets) saying, "I haven't read it all, so I can't say if some of it's incorrect or not. But at some point you just have to throw up your arms and say, 'Alright, you got us. It is what it is.'"
We'd also heard that the game may include a season pass, which Zampella confirmed. "We're going to do paid DLC. We're also going to do free updates. There are things that we want in the game that we didn't get to ship in the final game. So we'll add private matches and things like that for free. There will be some paid DLC. We're going to do a season pass just because if you buy it up front, it's a deal. We're not going to do microtransactions. You just buy it up front, and you get a better price."
Regarding the game's multiplayer campaign: "You play it from both sides. It's a short experience meant to be a couple hours on each side, and then you never have to touch it again. You can replay it, but you don't have to. You can go right into multiplayer."

Woo-Fu

Banned
Calling something that is going to be added in a future update "free DLC" is ridiculous.

Free downloadable content isn't free DLC? I'm confused. Be careful trying to make terms mean more than the people who used them in the first place think they mean.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Have we had any news on digital pricing for this?

It's £42 on Amazon, but I'd rather have the digital version.

If you are comfortable doing so you could setup a US payment based in Oregon linked to paypal. Game will then be around £34 and you get it early.

In UK I think it will be £50-£55.

Mechazawa

Regarding the game's multiplayer campaign: "You play it from both sides. It's a short experience meant to be a couple hours on each side, and then you never have to touch it again. You can replay it, but you don't have to. You can go right into multiplayer."

Haha, way to sell it Vince.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I guess it comes down to whether or not you consider private servers content or a feature.

New features are content. If there is a private server option that ships with the game and is broken that they then fix after release then it is just a patch.

If the feature isn't there at all at release then it is new content.

HelloMeow

New features are content. If there is a private server option that ships with the game and is broken that they then fix after release then it is just a patch.

If the feature isn't there at all at release then it is new content.

So if an ordinary update adds an arbitrary new feature, it's free DLC?

Mechazawa

So if an ordinary update adds an arbitrary new feature, it's free DLC?

Private rooms are not an arbitrary new feature.

But the main point, and I don't know why Woo-Fu keeps fighting this, is that private rooms are something that should be expected in the first place and calling it "Free DLC" is disingenuous at best, even if technically correct.

But it's all moot since Vince Zampella never called it "free DLC"

Lothars

I tweeted pretty much anyone that I could asking but is it known if there will be a season pass / titanfall bundle on xbox one?

E92 M3

The owner of the company I work for basically told me I work too hard and need to take a 2 week vacation starting from Monday. I wasn't even going to take off for Titanfall, but this is all falling into place now lol. Such weird circumstances with all of this; I was taken back haha.

monome

I tweeted pretty much anyone that I could asking but is it known if there will be a season pass / titanfall bundle on xbox one?

nope. so far the digital combo is Origin exclusive.

I'm not counting out a digital deluxe version hitting X1 online store on march 11th tho.

if you're talking retail, then no. why would they bother with a different sku?

Lothars

If they do it digitally, I'm in for this day one.
Yeah I just wish they would say, I mean there's presidence that dead rising 3 had a bundle day one.

nope. so far the digital combo is Origin exclusive.

I'm not counting out a digital deluxe version hitting X1 online store on march 11th tho.

if you're talking retail, then no. why would they bother with a different sku?
Sorry I am only referring to the online xbox one store, I wasn't referring to retail.

monome

Yeah I just wish they would say, I mean there's presidence that dead rising 3 had a bundle day one.

Sorry I am only referring to the online xbox one store, I wasn't referring to retail.

I suppose, but only suppose that including the digital version of TF with the new X1 pack killed the digital deluxe edition.

that and X1 doesn't really need any incentives.

Season pass is 5$ off. Digital combo would have to end up being a 10$ off discount.
MS has already put a lot behind TF, I don't think they need to stretch it to 5$ more.

tho, I like the idea of a one-click purchase. and digital deluxe is the new Super Turbo.
Name itself implies you're buying the best version ;-)

HelloMeow

Private rooms are not an arbitrary new feature.

But the main point, and I don't know why Woo-Fu keeps fighting this, is that private rooms are something that should be expected in the first place and calling it "Free DLC" is disingenuous at best, even if technically correct.

But it's all moot since Vince Zampella never called it "free DLC"

Yeah, if you want to to knit pick then yes, you can download it and it can contain new content, but when I hear "DLC", I think of expansions, map packs, weapons and content like that.

Saying there will be free DLC, while in reality it's just ordinary updates, creates false hope. So saying that was a bit of a stretch on Gamespot's end.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm experiencing Titanfall nesting syndrome. I was just thinking I should clean my mouse and lubricate its feet before this game arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom