• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if I could delete all the non-english audio files and still play. It'd be kinda BS if I fail some kind of CRC check because of it though. I mean, come on. I'd rather not leave those in there if I can help it.

You could try renaming the folders where the audio is located. If it doesn't work, change it back and don't delete.

You could try renaming the folders where the audio is located. If it doesn't work, change it back and don't delete.
I just took a look in the vpk folder (where all the audio is) and the largest files aren't even the language-named ones. It's all the 'common' ones. All the various localised files are less than 100MB. Ah well.

Hip Hop

May as well make use of the audio packs whenever I get bored listening to English audio.

It sounds so cool/different!

Tried Spanish, Russian, and Japenese.

Japenese didn't work, sadly.

Punching someone who is ejecting out of their titan is so satisfying.

Also just ordered my new video card. Trying to ADS when your framerate is constantly dropping makes it insanely hard to kill people that way.

KePoW

Banned
When you rodeo an enemy titan, what's the quickest way to take it down? When I fire my guns at it, seems to take forever.

But when I get rodeo'ed on my titan, I seem to die in like 3 seconds.

Oublieux

When you rodeo an enemy titan, what's the quickest way to take it down? When I fire my guns at it, seems to take forever.

But when I get rodeo'ed on my titan, I seem to die in like 3 seconds.

LMG is the fastest followed by the Hemlock and Smart Pistol (yes, the Smart Pistol) to do the most damage. The LMG doesn't require a reload; for the other weapons, rather than reloading, I usually switch to my secondary.

Some people also chuck satchel charges after rodeoing a Titan, which can do a hefty chunk of damage.

KePoW

Banned
LMG is the fastest followed by the Hemlock and Smart Pistol (yes, the Smart Pistol) to do the most damage. The LMG doesn't require a reload; for the other weapons, rather than reloading, I usually switch to my secondary.

Some people also chuck satchel charges after rodeoing a Titan, which can do a hefty chunk of damage.

Ok thanks!

Just went 36 and 6 in CTF with 4 caps of my own.

Ahhhh yis.
kuFC96L.png

Having a blast with Titanfall but I'd really like friends... lol. My Origin ID is SandMan22333, if anyone wants a friend, hahaha! I'd just like a team to play with, and I'm down with whatever MP mode.

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm really liking that this game seems to accommodate different play styles.
I def prefer shooters with a fast pace as I used to love Quake 3 and UT and I enjoy running, gunning, jumping, strafing etc.

What do you think would be the best pilot loadout to use for that run and gun style? At the moment im using the carbine with suppressor and cloaking but I think that would be more suited to the stealthier gamer.

I'm thinking C.A.R with counterweight and hip fire, plus stim?

Anyone using this loadout or anyone using a different loadout that suits a fast paced run and gun style?

Just went 36 and 6 in CTF with 4 caps of my own.

Ahhhh yis.
For the life if me I can't figure out how to drop a stolen flag at your location. I thought you just have to carry it to where your own flag is and you get the score. But I just keep holding it like an idiot and eventually die.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
For the life if me I can't figure out how to drop a stolen flag at your location. I thought you just have to carry it to where your own flag is and you get the score. But I just keep holding it like an idiot and eventually die.

It's automatic, but only works when your flag is actually there. If the opposing team has your flag and you have their flag, nobody can score.

It's automatic, but only works when your flag is actually there. If the opposing team has your flag and you have their flag, nobody can score.
Wow that explains it. And this also means if you can't kill the enemy flag runner just go and capture enemy flag and stall them from scoring, brilliant.

T.O.P

Banned
Jesus christ, i'm taking my time (i blame DkS2) but seeing people already halfway through G4 scares me lol

Last nigh was my best session by far anyway, MVP 8 times ot of 12 matches sogood.gif

PhatSaqs

Banned
Jesus christ, i'm taking my time (i blame DkS2) but seeing people already halfway through G4 scares me lol

Last nigh was my best session by far anyway, MVP 8 times ot of 12 matches sogood.gif

Yeah Im playing with a G5 right now lol. I just hit G2. Insanity.

Atkison04

Finally accepted into neogaf! I've been lurking on here for a couple of months now. Just wanted to say that I'm loving Titanfall. It is great just to pick up and play a couple of matches whenever time allows. I must say that I do suck at it though for the most part! Still fun and rage inducing all at the same time!

Wow that explains it. And this also means if you can't kill the enemy flag runner just go and capture enemy flag and stall them from scoring, brilliant.

Yes, best moments are when you carrying their flag run into the enemy carrier kill him return your flag and capture theirs in an epic manner of chaos.

Izuna

Banned
I am getting a lot of the Goose kills with the Arc Cannon, but it's so annoying when the Pilot's eject from their Titan in the wrong way, easy kill but no points!

Can players be ignored in Origin (or TF) to reduce the chances of meeting up with them?

I built a budget-range PC yesterday so me and my boyfriend can play this game at the same time. After all the ass ache of getting everything working I thought I would have a quick go on the game.

We get into a lobby together and some imbecile was talking absolute **** in reference to my boyfriend's ID.

I'm not sure if it was random or he remembers playing together in a game before but it p*ssed me off enough to not want to be matched up with this fool again. In fact that goes for both of us.

Edit to say: It was in the text window not verbal.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I nailed an ejecting Pilot with the 40mm last night. Actually got me to scream in excitement. This game is so intense.

leng jai

Played 2 matches and the game is quite fun. The main problem is how terribly it runs on my GTX570/2500k while looking pretty dated at the same time. What's the easiest way to see if you're fighting an actual player rather than a bot? I mean it's pretty obvious by their movement but yeah..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom