• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like this game is turning into nothing but shotguns and satchel charges. A few other GAFers and myself played tonight and for about an hour every opposing team used nothing but shotties. Shit is starting to get old real fast.

TrueGrime

30GB of it is audio too lolololol

Respawn you're a jerk, but you made an amazing game.

Plenty of topics about the graphics of the game but talk of the audio is pretty unheard of. I think it has great sound. The voice acting isn't too shabby either.

I love the sound of footsteps though.

TrueGrime

It seems like this game is turning into nothing but shotguns and satchel charges. A few other GAFers and myself played tonight and for about an hour every opposing team used nothing but shotties. Shit is starting to get old real fast.

Haven't seen them too much on attrition, but they are overused for hardpoint.

Level 2 requires you to use shotty to get to level 3. That might be why everyone is using it. Also I love the satchel charges. :)

Tamanon

Banned

Sounds like it's a Respawn game then.

Tossing arc grenades all up in their shit seems to work well. And active radar pulse is a must to see which corner they're hiding in.

I just can not use Active Radar. The outlines just make the action that much harder to follow.

Level 2 requires you to use shotty to get to level 3. That might be why everyone is using it. Also I love the satchel charges. :)

Nah, hardly any of the people we played against were Gen 2. It's just an easy way to get cheap kills. I switched to it and did just as well but I just hate having to use that thing to be competitive.

Use arcs mines to cover the entry points you can't check?

Nah, more like they were just camping in corners and waiting with satchel charges around the entrance. So even if we made it in and avoided the charges they were just waiting with the shotgun. Yeah I realize it was mainly because we were playing Hardpoint but it just really sucks. That's my favorite game type and it's quickly devolving into a shotgun filled mess.

Uff duh

Banned
Tossing arc grenades all up in their shit seems to work well. And active radar pulse is a must to see which corner they're hiding in.

I might give that a try. The arc grenades should work well. I'm with Glen on active radar clutters up the screen to much for my liking.

I play titanfall with a guy who works for ea support and he says they can check server player population. He says today was about 200,000 peak xbox one and 50,000 peak pc.

1) The game runs on Microsoft servers. I have my doubts EA support has much involvement in that.

2) 200,000 concurrent users would be huge for XB1. For comparison purposes if I logged onto COD Ghosts on XB1 right now I'd probably see about 25,000 people online.

tauke

To my knowledge it has not changed yet, but we are working on it. The main priority this first week has been server stability and availability.

Glad to hear that. Love the game a lot although just my 2 cents, it is possible to implement autobalance? Hate the fact in some match like Hardpoint Dominition, my team is 3 people while the opponent is 6 and the match tip to their favour. :(

Uff duh

Banned
Nah, more like they were just camping in corners and waiting with satchel charges around the entrance. So even if we made it in and avoided the charges they were just waiting with the shotgun. Yeah I realize it was mainly because we were playing Hardpoint but it just really sucks. That's my favorite game type and it's quickly devolving into a shotgun filled mess.

Do the Arc grenades set off the satchel charges? kill them with there own charge would be sweet revenge.

Woo-Fu

Banned
1) The game runs on Microsoft servers. I have my doubts EA support has much involvement in that.
That is is some bad logic. It is an EA product, supported by EA, if you think they can't see the current population you probably need to think again.

Microsoft's involvement starts and ends at: Our we providing the resources this application needs?

2) 200,000 concurrent users would be huge for XB1. For comparison purposes if I logged onto COD Ghosts on XB1 right now I'd probably see about 25,000 people online.

Yeah him and I have been friends for years so I don't think he is lying to me. I think what he has is some kinda of server status tool that lets him see the health of the data centers and there population. He told me that a few data centers were at critical health last week.

tauke

Not sure. I know I started just tossing in satchel charges to set their's off but again then come the shotties.

Yup last few matches I played in Hardpoint Domination have been shotgun and satchel combo by the opponents. Really really hate the fact that satchel blast radius is huge for indoor hardpoint where you have no where to run.

TrueGrime

I just can not use Active Radar. The outlines just make the action that much harder to follow.

It took me a long ass time to get used to that disorienting feeling when the screen changes. Especially since the radar ping is about a second behind in lag. Tune out everything but the fast moving pilots (and the camping ones) and it becomes godsend. What do you use for that slot? Stim?

Me either. Rifles and carbines dominate attrition. When you're not forced into choke points in game types shot guns lose their effectiveness.

I've been getting owned a lot by guys with carbines hanging from the ceiling.

Do the Arc grenades set off the satchel charges? kill them with there own charge would be sweet revenge.

Not sure. Good question. About to play some hardpoint so I'll find out. In the very least it'll fuck their vision up. Gotta' be patient and see if they expend their charge.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't know if arc grenades do it, but you can blow up the charges yourself. I frequently toss in my own and explode it to make sure there's nothing inside that will kill me. Luckily most people don't do the same so I rack up kills with it.

Nah, hardly any of the people we played against were Gen 2. It's just an easy way to get cheap kills. I switched to it and did just as well but I just hate having to use that thing to be competitive.

I started using Active Radar tonight and I'm gonna run with it for a bit to see how it goes. I admit to using satchel charges but I'm trying to at least use most weapons/ordinances for a few matches. I've gone back to arc grenades at least for Attrition. Satchels are good for some modes but since most pilots jump around like they just guzzled down a Big Gulp of Gummi Bear formula it's hard to really use them for that purpose. Good for clearing out AI though.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I have yet to try shooting satchel charges from afar.. does that work? I feel like it should but I haven't tested it.

Izuna

Banned
I didn't know Last Titan Standing turns into Pilot Hunter if two Titans blow up at the same time...

Apart from killing ejecting pilots, I like Gen 5 requirements.

Uff duh

Banned
I have yet to try shooting satchel charges from afar.. does that work? I feel like it should but I haven't tested it.

I would think so. It seem like the way people use those things is to throw it at you like a grenade and detonate them all most instantly. That is what 99% of the kill cams I see show anyways. I know the smart pistol will target grenades and missiles from titans so it should work.

Card Boy

Banned
fucken cheeses me off when the teams don't get randomised after each match. You get stuck with the same tossers that do shit every match and never gain any Attrition points.

30GB of it is audio too lolololol

Respawn you're a jerk, but you made an amazing game.

This better be some mind-blowing fucking audio. It's larger than Battlefield 4 O_O

90%. Almost ready....

It's because they stick every supported language in there and it's all uncompressed, so as to not devote any processing power to decoding audio for the low-end systems.

fucken cheeses me off when the teams don't get randomised after each match. You get stuck with the same tossers that do shit every match and never gain any Attrition points.

I like it. If I'm on a shitty team, I'll just bail after one game and find another match to join. If I'm on a good team, I'll stick with them for a while.

Had a Last Titan Standing team that kicked a lot of ass tonight. We dominated our opponents, rarely losing a round. Then a bunch of them dropped, but we still did well. Then a few more dropped and were replaced by some terrible ass players (we went from up 3-0 to losing the match 4-3), and it felt like I was the only competent one left, so I bailed.

It's because they stick every supported language in there and it's all uncompressed, so as to not devote any processing power to decoding audio for the low-end systems.
I wonder if I could delete all the non-english audio files and still play. It'd be kinda BS if I fail some kind of CRC check because of it though. I mean, come on. I'd rather not leave those in there if I can help it.

BraXzy

Call me a derp but how do you set off satchels? I only started trying them a min ago and I just threw another instead of detonating.. which button am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom