• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

Played 2 matches and the game is quite fun. The main problem is how terribly it runs on my GTX570/2500k while looking pretty dated at the same time. What's the easiest way to see if you're fighting an actual player rather than a bot? I mean it's pretty obvious by their movement but yeah..

If you mean the AI controlled grunts and specters roaming around, I just have on the kit that has them show up on my minimap at all times. Usually if it jumps it'll be a player controlled pilot though.

First when I got the game, I tried to treat it like a CoD with parkor, but kept getting annihilated. Then I realized that the AI grunts and things are not unlike farming resources in a strategy game. THEN I realized how fun it can be inside a Titan with a better loadout(locking away two of the chassis from the get-go is probably a bad decision). I now spend most of matches inside a Titan, blowing things away. Love the Ogre's survivability.

Redmoon

Do you actually unlock anything for going to the next generation, or is it just for fun/showoff?

Basically nothing more than a Generation tag/#. Though you do get an xp multiplier unique to each gen.

Also, anyone know if gooser kills can be earned by doing a perfectly timed titan punch when their titan is doomed, as that would still count towards the eject sequence, no?. Having no luck shooting ejecting pilots(with the chaingun) when they cloak upon auto ejecting.

The counts for the gooser and the sidewinder challenges should be swapped. A lot easier to sidewind titans :D

Not liking this game so far :/ Every match seems to be nothing but shotty's. What is up with that?

Part of the requirements to advance to Gen 3 requires completion of the EVA-8 Shotgun total kill and pilot kill challenges. That's the reason I'm using a shotgun, when I would prefer to be using any other weapon.

Not liking this game so far :/ Every match seems to be nothing but shotty's. What is up with that?

Welcome to forced goals to regen, also welcome to what titanfall calls balanced weapons.

Anyone remember when halo 3 had that achievement for two kills with one spartan laser shot? MP games for a while had people boosting for it and everyone taking turns to get double kills.

So, Level 43 on PC. Tremendously fun game, also noticed that you have different "cinematic" spots in the cutscenes in the campaign. Had to replay one three times due to some drop out bug.

I figured it was the same spot for everyone in the cutscenes but noo-oo. Well played Respawn.

Had a slow session last night where the magic just wasn't there. I was put into a ton of games in progress which usually meant being shoved into the last few minutes of a slaughter. I didn't notice the first time it happened and i used a ghost squad card only to get the Defeat message a few seconds later. Oh well.

At this point, i just need a performance patch. I already like the game, i just want it to stop stuttering all the damn time.

Not sure what is precisely, cause this is the first time it's happened, but 60 FPS can make me slightly dizzy in this game. Not enough to stop playing, but momentary loss of stability for me.

Ew.

Garibaldi

I just picked this up on the PC. I'm fairly new to mp fps games (never really got into the whole cod thing), but if anyone at or near UK time fancying adding me I'll be up for a match.

Origin ID: Gazibaldi, couldn't get Garibaldi :'(

Jito

Banned
Just started using the Rail gun for the generation 3 challenges, holy shit is this thing good! Headshotting the titan weak points across the map drops them so fast and people never know what is going on.

Also I know we've been told that were getting Private games, custom class names and ?Leaderboards? (not sure about that one). But are we getting anyway to look at other players stats instead of just our own, seems a bit pointless having all those stats and no way at all to check out other peoples.

Karl2177

Shotty definitely needs tweaking, but before a straight up damage/range nerf, maybe consider reducing the ammo in it or slowing the fire rate a bit. This way it becomes a bit more costly with a missed/incomplete shot.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Just turn the voip volume all the way down in the options/audio menu and you won't hear anything.

ed: elektrixx - okay! :lol

Wouldn't I be easier o just mute them by left clicking on their microphone icon (or is it right click I forget).

Text chat is more annoying but they'll only really have time to hat between matches.

bluehat9

has there been any 360 footage yet? Me and a couple friends are still considering it, but I need to see just how rough it is.

I'm wondering if any sites will even bother covering it at this point (they're going to have to buy their own copies after release, aren't they?).

E92 M3

Got to grn 5 last night. One thing I like about these regen challenges is learning new ways to play. I got really good with the autopistol and dmr. Feel like gooser will get the best of me though. I can never kill an ejecting pilot. Need to develop strats.

Also, I never had an issue with the shotgun. It's a close range beast. I don't think it needs a nerf. Why would we want a useless weapon? It's the reason I disliked halo 3 every weapon was useless besides BR and a few power ones.

IronRinn

Been playing this since it came out (with a little of the beta before it). Don't really play these games at all. My only real competitive multiplayer experience was some GoW 3 and a good chunk of time with Halo Reach and 4. Really enjoy it though. Playing on PC. Not great but not terrible — I usually almost always wind up 3rd or 4th. Some of the people playing are beasts. Biggest issue I have is with people using shotguns. They just murder me every time.

The Cowboy

I know people are posting about the shotty needing a slight tweak downwards, but does anyone else think the Hemlock needs a slight tweak upwards?. Rather than gen up I'm currently unlocking all the weapon attachments, and it just seems to me that the Hemlock is underpowered at any range - I really think this gun needs a bit more damage on it.

I did it, I finally did it - I saw LAGOON!.

It didn't run very well.

Yeah, Lagoon can get chuggy.

I really can't wait until we can make private matches. I wonder if it's possible to play the campaign solo that way, so you can actually hear what the fuck they're talking about.

Gonna be boring Attrition matches, though.

Yeah, Lagoon can get chuggy.

I really can't wait until we can make private matches. I wonder if it's possible to play the campaign solo that way, so you can actually hear what the fuck they're talking about.

Gonna be boring Attrition matches, though.
Here's what I remember from the campaign:

Turrets, dragons, insubordination, I shot a bunch of shit. Someone got drunk, and I kept forgetting to use my burn cards.

Here's what I remember from the campaign:

Turrets, dragons, insubordination, I shot a bunch of shit. Someone got drunk, and I kept forgetting to use my burn cards.

It was only when I played the IMC campaign that I started to realize there might be a decent story hidden underneath there. When HK-47 Spyglass orders all evac ships cancelled in that Demeter mission, I felt like "ooooh, shit's gonna go down".

Also made me laugh, because that 'meatbag'-joke I put in the OT actually turned out to be true.

Turn it off. :p

(Some people find turning it on in the Geforce control panel addresses tearing without causing the stuttering.)

^ This is true. Adaptive Vsync seems to be the best option for this game. Just disable Vsync in game and use the NV control panel to turn it on. I don't use any vsync anymore and just deal with the tearing and I couldn't stand the lag that goes w/vsync.

Karl2177

I know people are posting about the shotty needing a slight tweak downwards, but does anyone else think the Hemlock needs a slight tweak upwards?. Rather than gen up I'm currently unlocking all the weapon attachments, and it just seems to me that the Hemlock is underpowered at any range - I really think this gun needs a bit more damage on it.

If it were me, I'd nerf the Shotty and the Smart Pistol, while buffing the Hemlock and the G2. MW3's Type-95 was hella overpowered for a while because the spread was moderately wide when not aiming down the sights, and was tighter when ADS was active. Something like that for the Hemlock would be cool. Alternatively give it more ammo. The standard version of the gun only has 8 shots in it, which sucks. As for the G2, I'm not sure what to do with it. It just seems rather inconsistent in how much damage it is dealing(although every gun is like this in Titanfall, this one is the worst).

The only tweak I want to the Smart Pistol is that I don't think it should target cloaked pilots. You see a cloaked pilot, you should have to manually fire.

I didn't realise this was possible until after it had happened... like a rat up a drainpipe :D

ibcM0kl1dXWbme.gif

I regenerated yesterday for the first time and I decided I was going to do my best to use weapons/playstyles for gen 2 that I hadn't really touched for gen 1. Spent the last few hours using only the smart pistol and wow is it ever fun. I like how it encourages you to use the parkour as much as possible to get up high/behind pilots to properly use. It's also a fun weapon to use because everyone just gets so pissed off at you ninja-ing around the map.

This game continues to be very good.

ender1986

The only tweak I want to the Smart Pistol is that I don't think it should target cloaked pilots. You see a cloaked pilot, you should have to manually fire.
I think it's kind of mitigated by the fact that it takes what seems like double the time to lock on. I usually end up manually aiming anyway since there are very few situations where I have the time to lock on to a cloaked pilot.

If it were me, I'd nerf the Shotty and the Smart Pistol, while buffing the Hemlock and the G2. MW3's Type-95 was hella overpowered for a while because the spread was moderately wide when not aiming down the sights, and was tighter when ADS was active. Something like that for the Hemlock would be cool. Alternatively give it more ammo. The standard version of the gun only has 8 shots in it, which sucks. As for the G2, I'm not sure what to do with it. It just seems rather inconsistent in how much damage it is dealing(although every gun is like this in Titanfall, this one is the worst).

They should nerf the 101 carbine to not be so dead on accurate on full auto while ADS. It completely kills the point of the hemlock and single shot weapons as it has next to no recoil while using ADS and you hold down the fire button.

The other rifles are useless since the basic carbine does their job and more.

I think it's kind of mitigated by the fact that it takes what seems like double the time to lock on. I usually end up manually aiming anyway since there are very few situations where I have the time to lock on to a cloaked pilot.

Except for advanced targeting upgrade reduces that time

The Cowboy

I don't agree, every other gun in the game works at 100% effectiveness while aiming at cloaked pilots (remember the cloak is meant for titan avoidance, not pilot avoidance), if you made is so the smart pistol could not lock onto a cloaked pilot (which you can see) it would be the only gun with one heck of a massive nerf on shooting them. If you did this change, you'd need to massively buff the smart guns ADS mode quite a bit to balance it out.

The nerf for the smart pistol is already in the game though, it sucks at mid/long range and requires extra lock on time on pilots, and you need to keep them in a field of view for it to lock - and if they break this FOV you have to start relocking from scratch.

Out of all the guns in the game, I'd say the smart pistol is the most balanced.

Korosenai

I regenerated yesterday for the first time and I decided I was going to do my best to use weapons/playstyles for gen 2 that I hadn't really touched for gen 1. Spent the last few hours using only the smart pistol and wow is it ever fun. I like how it encourages you to use the parkour as much as possible to get up high/behind pilots to properly use. It's also a fun weapon to use because everyone just gets so pissed off at you ninja-ing around the map.

This game continues to be very good.

This pretty much describes my experience with gen 2. I used the Carbine in all of Gen 1, decided to try out the Smart Pistol this gen... and it's good. It's damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom