• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coconut

Banned
I didn't realise this was possible until after it had happened... like a rat up a drainpipe :D

ibcM0kl1dXWbme.gif

This is cool, but I mean you are using a smart pistol... Shame.

Anybody else find themselves using only one Titan custom class? That's what has happened to me. I don't feel like I need to switch between weapons and stuff.

Camp Lo

Banned
Anybody else find themselves using only one Titan custom class? That's what has happened to me. I don't feel like I need to switch between weapons and stuff.

Yeah, Stryder exclusively now. I was using only the Ogre but once I went faster I can't possibly go back. I die much less with Stryder than I ever did with the other big ones.

Anyone know where I can find a decently sized image of the orange logo in the middle of the Titanfall controller? I can't seem to find one anywhere.

ultron87

Based on the end of the IMC campaign, they could add a game mode that is
co-op horde type mode against Spectre AIs

I really wanted the last mission of the campaign to be exactly that. Instead
the IMC team has to fight for the obvious bad guys in the last mission.

Camp Lo

Banned
I'm looking for a group that plays mainly LTS. That mode is fun as hell when you play as a group and rage inducing with PUGs playing like rambo

Jrs3000

They should nerf the 101 carbine to not be so dead on accurate on full auto while ADS. It completely kills the point of the hemlock and single shot weapons as it has next to no recoil while using ADS and you hold down the fire button.

The other rifles are useless since the basic carbine does their job and more.

Yes the carbine needs a big nerf. Either have some type of recoil going full auto like the LMG but not to that degree or slow down the rate of fire. It's nice to use but it's op when I'm out sniping snipers across the level or beating the car smg up close in a firefight.

The other thing that really needs to be address is the Titan melee vs another titan in doomed state. When doing the melee your range is extended to the point even if the titan is out of normal melee range their titan gets pulled into yours. It's unavoidable even if you're dashing out of the way.

Argonomic

I called the retailer I purchased it from and they're more than happy to refund. I'm just torn between waiting it out and seeing what is done or going in for the refund while I can. I can always buy it later when it *is* working. I was just looking forward to this game so much. It's part and parcel of the reason why I bought the Xbone in the first place. If it doesn't even work, it's kind of a slap to the face.

I'll ask Shiring about this port 80 thing. It does not make sense that players would be able to connect sometimes but not others. Either the port is blocked or its not.

Yesterday was the first day since release that I haven't played. Went to bed early. Now I'm having Titan withdrawals.

NEED TO RODEO SOMETHING RIGHT NOW ARRRGH

Coconut

Banned

Transitioning from one Titan class to another I feel is much harder then say switching your pilot load out and getting used to that.

Also shoutout to my fellow strider pilots. "Too fast to leave an ugly corpse"

Have a hard time believing that.

Why does that seem far fetched? This is on a much much smaller user base of systems than stuff like COD which sells 15 million copies. Only like 4 mil xbones out there and only a portion of that will buy TF, and not every owner of the game is going to be on at once. COD and BF4 sold a ton more copies on more systems and only have a bit more player numbers online at a time

This game is not going to bring in CoD/Halo like numbers

Coconut

Banned
Why does that seem far fetched? This is on a much much smaller user base of systems than stuff like COD which sells 15 million copies. Only like 4 mil xbones out there and only a portion of that will buy TF, and not every owner of the game is going to be on at once. COD and BF4 sold a ton more copies on more systems and only have a bit more player numbers online at a time

This game is not going to bring in CoD/Halo like numbers

Gears numbers easily but I think you are over valuing Halo.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I was goofing around with snipers last night and I just don't get the point of them. The longbow is too weak for how accurate you need to be and the Kraber is too slow.

I figured the point of snipers would become obvious once I used them in hardpoint / CTF but not really. An automatic weapon like the Carbine or the CAR works better at ranged and for defending in most maps the shotgun works even better.

Snipers need to be gone or completely redone if you ask me. The most useful I felt with a sniper was when I was hiding at the top of a building on attrition picking off grunts and players, but I felt like I was picking them off slower than I would be if I was fighting on the ground, also it's boring because as a sniper you're not as mobile which is a problem in a highly mobile game.

On an unrelated note, I feel like the funniest thing about rodeoing a stryder is that it's oddly harder to notice their weak spot if it has previously been opened.

Coconut

Banned
Halo 4, maybe. Titanfall can easily have as many players as that.

I think taking in consideration that this is an exclusive that came out when folks are certainly hungry for something to play I feel like TF is probably doing really well.

Spyglass sounds like a women with a two pack a day habit in a dark bar hitting on me on the weirdest way possible.

Gears numbers easily but I think you are over valuing Halo.

Halo 4 sold nearly 4 million in one week. Titanfall likely isn't doing that well considering the userbase of the Xbone is a little over 4 mil only. This game is not going to pull in Halo numbers.

PC sales is hard to gauge though.

Those numbers of players seems pretty believable really.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
The only tweak I want to the Smart Pistol is that I don't think it should target cloaked pilots. You see a cloaked pilot, you should have to manually fire.

Why that thing is worthless against cloaked pilots, if you got killed while in cloak by a smart pistol you deserved to die because it's far easier to kill you with almost any half decent weapon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This game will have a long tail in terms of sales.

"Beat the campaign" last night I guess, finally time to try out the other modes. After just a couple rounds, CTF might be my mode of choice. It really rewards the acrobatics that I love to hone in this.

I'm also pretty in love with my Stryder. Knew it would be the right Titan for me but last night something just clicked and I started doing awesome with it. By timing the dashes so there's just enough time for one to always be charged and aiming and firing in the little window between each dodge, I was able to keep my very first for the whole match twice. It's so satisfying to pick a target, dash in a do a barrage of damage and dash out, untouched. I started to feel like I had unlimited dodges, and it starts to look like everyone else is moving in slow motion.

"DASH CORE ONLINE"

oh. nevermind. that's what that feels like.

Bessy67

Hmmm might be time to switch from the C.A.R to the LMG.

Do the weapon challenges carry over when you move to the next generation or do I have to start over?

Start over. The only things that carry over are your unlocked titans and burn cards.

Why that thing is worthless against cloaked pilots, if you got killed while in cloak by a smart pistol you deserved to die because it's far easier to kill you with almost any half decent weapon.

It still shouldn't point out a cloaked target that you would have missed when turning quickly.

Woo-Fu

Banned
It still shouldn't point out a cloaked target that you would have missed when turning quickly.

The smart pistol is next to last in line when it comes to guns that need nerfs. People just need to man up and realize it doesn't matter what the other player was using, you were already dead.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He is sort of right on the Smart Pistol thing in that it helps a lot in highlighting cloaked players, but it's such a bad gun anyway that I don't think there's any reason to make it even worse.

Bessy67

The smart pistol is next to last in line when it comes to guns that need nerfs. People just need to man up and realize it doesn't matter what the other player was using, you were already dead.

This. If someone had enough time to get 3 locks on you they also had enough time to empty a clip of whatever other weapon into you.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Start over. The only things that carry over are your unlocked titans and burn cards.

Sheeit I am so close to finishing all the SMG challenges I might as well wait until I move over. Going to get to 50 tonight I can taste it! (40k points away)

The Cowboy

I think you're missing the entire point.
What's the point then?, that it helps you see cloaked pilots that any player could/should already see? (the cloak really isn't that good at hiding you from pilots). A pilot can easily see a cloaked player from across the map (its not meant for pilots, its meant for titans), and due to the locking range (even with extender) this makes your point kinda pointless IMO as its so short that the chances of a player missing a cloaked pilot at this range is so slim.

Your asking for it to be changed for the once in a hundred chance that a player missed the cloaked pilot, who was on their screen within a short distance - that they somehow missed (this isn't a good reason for the change being proposed).
-
Now I will go as far as this: it shouldn't lock on a player you can't see through smoke (unless you have that wallhack perk active), it being able to lock onto someone you can't see at all is wrong and should be changed, as this is the only gun that can easily aim at someone who is hidden by smoke - every other gun has to aim and hope - the smart gun will simply lock on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom