• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jito

Banned
Not sure, honestly. I think it's a really good game - and I run with various loadouts. I think it's just the constant fast-pace and the small scale deathmatch vibe. It's fun, but my eyes glaze over before too long.

Try a objective gametype then? You'll be penalized for treating it just like deathmatch.

I can't really help you with what causes it, but I had that issue as well. What's weirder is the game ran totally fine in the same scenarios for the first dozen hours, then the sound is crackling and fps drops into the 30s a ton--usually both at the same time. I bumped shadows down to medium and it seems to be okay (for now).

Yeah, really weird, I never had this issue before, not in the game and not in the beta, either.

dankir

Can you buy the season pass already or they aren't offering it? I tried on my smart glass app and couldn't.

Will try on my Xbone later today.

Etnos

Banned
I've clocked 1d and 3 hours on the xbone version, getting close to my 3rd gen. Gotta say: there is not a single map I don't like: Respawn is level design boss.

If so my least favorite is Corporate because the environment feels generic, I don't mind that much because it makes for interesting gun battles thou.

Izuna

Banned
According to what someone on the tail end of gen6 told me,
Spitfire LMG(500), Triple Threat(500), Mag Launcher(50), Brain Surgeon(50)
. Also, any tips for that goosing challenge?

Challenges aren't bad at all, those are pretty much the weapons I used when I first played. Brain Surgeon will be fun to do and Mag Launcher is awesome.

I'm not the best at Goosing but I can get around 2-3 in each game of LTS with the Chaingun. Just make sure you are somewhat close to an enemy when they die, after a while you'll automatically be shooting where you need.

MNC

Triple Buffering actually made a huge difference in framerate. Or atleast, the feel of the framerate is correct now. 30fps is now actually 30fps.

J-Rzez

Snipers are relatively useless in this game. Even with myself being used to abusing the dreaded broscoping in games. They need help.

The (especially modded) skillpistol, shotgun, and jumpkick are bullshit though, and need to be nerfed. I've died to them many times, and killed many times with them. They're nonsense and ruin gunfights. That jumpkick and it's cone of contact at times is garbage.

Everything else though, is fine. CAR comes close to needing attention though, as using it with counterbalance and run'n'gun + stim is near the ridiculous levels of OPness as those mentioned above.

teokrazia

YQxN4vM.gif

Definitely in love with the Railgun now.

Yup, greatly rewarding.
My Titan weapon of choice.

I love the game and have a lot of fun playing with my crew on the XBO, but does anyone know why there are so many server disconnects? Is it just me? I especially hate it when I'm killing it in a match and get disconnected at the end. Pisses me off.

If you're in a party then good luck, because you now have to try to rejoin and pray that you get in. Pain in the ass. I thought dedicated servers would help with this.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I love the game and have a lot of fun playing with my crew on the XBO, but does anyone know why there are so many server disconnects? Is it just me? I especially hate it when I'm killing it in a match and get disconnected at the end. Pisses me off.

If you're in a party then good luck, because you now have to try to rejoin and pray that you get in. Pain in the ass. I thought dedicated servers would help with this.

Never really had this issue what does your ping hang around?

The Cowboy

With the snipers I can think of a few suggestions.
---
An "Active Sonar" scope setup.
See earlier post on this idea..

A "Visual Enhancement" scope setup.
When scoped everything within the scope (again, just the scoped area) is visually enhanced so any pilots can be seen easier (only when in view within the scoped area), depending on the scope you get more/less enhancement with the longest range scope also making cloaked players easier to see.

An "Active Camo" scope setup,
When scoped it gives you a slight cloak effect (not as good as the cloak perk), so close range players will still easily see you, but long range players will have a harder time. This could combine with the cloak perk, making it so if your cloaked and then ADS it makes you even harder to see for titans (and again close range pilots could still see you - thought would be harder).

This one for me makes the most sense, as it suits the fact that when using sniper rifles you get a camo style pilot skin.
---
I'm just trying to come up with ways to make snipers relevant to use, as I just don't think they are worth using as they are now.

Camp Lo

Banned
With the snipers I can think of a few suggestions.
---
An "Active Sonar" scope setup.
See earlier post on this idea..

A "Visual Enhancement" scope setup.
When scoped everything within the scope (again, just the scoped area) is visually enhanced so any pilots can be seen easier (when in view), depending on the scope you get more/less enhancement with the longest range scope also making cloaked players easier to see.

An "Active Camo" scope setup,
When scoped it gives you a slight cloak effect (not as good as the cloak perk), so close range players will still easily see you, but long range players will have a harder time. This could combine with the cloak perk, making it so if your cloaked and then ADS it makes you even harder to see for titans (and again close range pilots could still see you - thought would be harder).

This one for me makes the most sense, as it suits the fact that when using sniper rifles you get a camo style pilot skin.
---
I'm just trying to come up with ways to make snipers relevant to use, as I just don't think they are worth using as they are now.

ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Run an internet speed test. When I get an upload at 1 or less this happens to me

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Is this a "I don't think they need help" thing or a "they're beyond help so just remove them" thing.

It's an "those are all terrible ideas" no.

Sniper is fine for what it does. The problem isn't the gun it's the movement in the game. Meaning it's not a problem at all. Those who wanna sit in a spot and snipe can. It allows them to.

Have you ever played a game with cloaked snipers? Fuck. That. Noise.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Boo, the game randomly discarded my spare Ogre card. :(
I lost a spare Ogre, Strider, and 4 80 second cards. All because I unlocked a stupid rare booster pack full of shitty amped sniper rifles. :(

Word to the wise, if you are about to hit a level milestone (every 5 leves?) or finish up a weapon challenge, make sure you have room for at least 6 cards, because they take priority over anything in your deck. :(

Those 2 last levels, feels like 48 to 50 takes the same time from 1 to 48

Challenges are your friend. Make sure you look at your challenges list and try to complete any V challenges you may have. I got like 41,000+XP in one match by completing a bunch of challenges.

Rahk

I would NOT nerf a single weapon. All nerfing does is lower the fun factor and change the dynamic of the game (which is nearly perfect now). If anything buff weapons, but don't nerf. When devs decide to go ahead and just nerf guns - it's the most frustrating thing in the world. A weapon has to be truly broken for it to be nerfed. If everyone was using the shotgun, then sure nerf it. As of now, it's a good close range weapon with some viability in medium to close range. Nothing special.

As I said earlier, Halo 3 had the worst weapon sandbox: BR, Sniper, Rockets - and maybe shotgun (but that was nearly useless too). Reach brought back weapon viability and for that it was a better game. Some weapons might need a slight buff in this game, but definitely not a nerf.

Nerfing weapons ruins the sandbox and I'll standby that. I'd be very disappointed if Respawn decided to nerf weapons because some people don't like the way they died. I've died to the shotgun; it's not fun, but doesn't need to be nerfed to the point of being useless unless you're an inch away from their face.

For once, it is nice to play a game were most of the weapons are useful in some form.

One more thing: I strongly believe that the folks asking for nerfs are doing it for selfish reasons. Because said weapon interferes with their playstyle. Crying for nerfs is an impulsive action, in my opinion. Yes, I also get frustrated sometimes, but that does not mean weapon X needs to be nerfed. For the betterment of this game, it should stay as it is. I'm in the camp that if everything is overpowered than everything is equal. Who likes using a weak gun? Who used the carbine competitively in Halo 3? Titanfall does not need useless guns - the selection is already very conservative.

If no one can tell, I'm very passionate about weapon sustainability in this game simply because I love Titanfall. This game brought back the fun I've been missing in multiplayer for so long. I don't want to see it tarnished. There have been numerous of times devs blindly listening to fan "outrage" about nerfs for the result to only be worse.

I'm done now lol.
Pretty much mirrors my thoughts on nerfs, but I certainly can't be bothered putting it into words. Thanks for doing it for me!

Why is it that I'm so bad? My k/d is 0.6 :(

Maybe because I'm not used ot kb/mouse. Last time I played a fps on PC was BF2 when that came out. I should probably try a 360 pad and see if that works better for me.

PhatSaqs

Banned
I would NOT nerf a single weapon. All nerfing does is lower the fun factor and change the dynamic of the game (which is nearly perfect now). If anything buff weapons, but don't nerf. When devs decide to go ahead and just nerf guns - it's the most frustrating thing in the world. A weapon has to be truly broken for it to be nerfed. If everyone was using the shotgun, then sure nerf it. As of now, it's a good close range weapon with some viability in medium to close range. Nothing special.

As I said earlier, Halo 3 had the worst weapon sandbox: BR, Sniper, Rockets - and maybe shotgun (but that was nearly useless too). Reach brought back weapon viability and for that it was a better game. Some weapons might need a slight buff in this game, but definitely not a nerf.

Nerfing weapons ruins the sandbox and I'll standby that. I'd be very disappointed if Respawn decided to nerf weapons because some people don't like the way they died. I've died to the shotgun; it's not fun, but doesn't need to be nerfed to the point of being useless unless you're an inch away from their face.

For once, it is nice to play a game were most of the weapons are useful in some form.

One more thing: I strongly believe that the folks asking for nerfs are doing it for selfish reasons. Because said weapon interferes with their playstyle. Crying for nerfs is an impulsive action, in my opinion. Yes, I also get frustrated sometimes, but that does not mean weapon X needs to be nerfed. For the betterment of this game, it should stay as it is. I'm in the camp that if everything is overpowered than everything is equal. Who likes using a weak gun? Who used the carbine competitively in Halo 3? Titanfall does not need useless guns - the selection is already very conservative.

If no one can tell, I'm very passionate about weapon sustainability in this game simply because I love Titanfall. This game brought back the fun I've been missing in multiplayer for so long. I don't want to see it tarnished. There have been numerous of times devs blindly listening to fan "outrage" about nerfs for the result to only be worse.

I'm done now lol.
Nice post and on point logically but i'd argue right now there isnt much of a sandbox in terms of weaponry for the pilots. I think Titans is damn near spot on but the pilot weapons are unbalanced a bit. The 3 i'd touch up are the Shotty, Carbine & Satchels. All 3 need some sort of nerf as they are too effective in too many situations.

Rahk

If you finish a round with a burn card still in use do you get to keep it or is it used up?

There is no benefit, genning up is purely a visual "I genned up" thing.
Well, you do get a 10% XP boost each time, but all that really does is help you get back to level 50 again.

Snipers are relatively useless in this game. Even with myself being used to abusing the dreaded broscoping in games. They need help.

The (especially modded) skillpistol, shotgun, and jumpkick are bullshit though, and need to be nerfed. I've died to them many times, and killed many times with them. They're nonsense and ruin gunfights. That jumpkick and it's cone of contact at times is garbage.

Everything else though, is fine. CAR comes close to needing attention though, as using it with counterbalance and run'n'gun + stim is near the ridiculous levels of OPness as those mentioned above.

I keep telling myself it must be bc I just need to practice more w the sniper rifle, but on balance I think the game's pacing, play style of most opponents, map layouts, etc...really put a sniper at a disadvantage.

I also agree the jump kick is retardedly effective. Theres no realistic reason why a simple kick should be insta-death when it takes 4 bullets to a mid-section to take someone down. At most it should knock someone back and put them at a disadvantage, but u should have to finish them off with a weapon and they should have an opportunity to recover/escape/fight back. Ive killed and been killed by jump kicks and its just dumb either way.

Havent used the shotgun more than a round or two when playing with an shotty burn card, so dont have an opinion on that yet.

The way I play feels very balanced and tons of fun. But the game does need some tweaks.

Camp Lo

Banned
Is this a "I don't think they need help" thing or a "they're beyond help so just remove them" thing or just a "your ideas suck Cowboy, shut up!!!" thing :D.

Sorry lol. I know you meant well I just... I don't want snipers to have any power in this game.

Basically, fuck 'em.

Kyzon

The kraber sniper is fine as is. Only buff I'd give it is an instant shot since leading opponents is crazy difficult. That may make it too good though.

The other sniper is fine except for one thing. You need multiple head shots. That defeats the purpose of a sniper. Everything else is fine with it but one to the dome should be a kill. No questions asked.

E92 M3

Challenges aren't bad at all, those are pretty much the weapons I used when I first played. Brain Surgeon will be fun to do and Mag Launcher is awesome.

I'm not the best at Goosing but I can get around 2-3 in each game of LTS with the Chaingun. Just make sure you are somewhat close to an enemy when they die, after a while you'll automatically be shooting where you need.

Can you please explain your strategy? In my gens I never killed an ejecting pilot lol.

Nice post and on point logically but i'd argue right now there isnt much of a sandbox in terms of weaponry for the pilots. I think Titans is damn near spot on but the pilot weapons are unbalanced a bit. The 3 i'd touch up are the Shotty, Carbine & Satchels. All 3 need some sort of nerf as they are too effective in too many situations.

Why though? Shotty is a beast in close quarters, satchels are good for defense (only died three times to them), and the carbine is a utility weapon. Nerfing them would only make people use other weapons. I've never felt like I had a cheap death. Except when bullets circle corners. As said earlier, asking for nerfs is symptom of inner frustrations not an overall analaysis of game balance.

Izuna

Banned
Can you please explain your strategy? In my gens I never killed an ejecting pilot lol.

I would say the easiest way is to use the Arc Cannon and try to charge as soon as the Titan is doomed or if you know that Titan doesn't have auto eject start holding when a a nuclear comes out, even if you miss try shooting with a non-charge shot, this usually makes them jet-pack so you have more time and you can also see cloaked enemies who jetpack.

Rahk

Sorry lol. I know you meant well I just... I don't want snipers to have any power in this game.

Basically, fuck 'em.
They probably just put snipers in the game as a selling point since you can't have an FPS without sniper rifles these days. I don't think they're really suited for this game with the movement systems. It's not safe to sit in one spot and snipe because you'll quickly be spotted and then can be taken out from any angle, and it's hard enough when everyone is jumping around like crazy.

I think it's fine as is for the people who are good with a sniper rifle. They can just move from vantage point to vantage point picking off a person or two each time if they prefer that kind of gameplay. It doesn't really need a buff so that it's viable for everyone to use.

E92 M3

I would say the easiest way is to use the Arc Cannon and try to charge as soon as the Titan is doomed or if you know that Titan doesn't have auto eject start holding when a a nuclear comes out, even if you miss try shooting with a non-charge shot, this usually makes them jet-pack so you have more time and you can also see cloaked enemies who jetpack.

So you kill them before they even fly into the air by shooting the cockpit? Am I understanding correctly?

Kyzon

So you kill them before they even fly into the air by shooting the cockpit? Am I understanding correctly?

Nah. You charge so your first hit will likely kill them in the air.

I have an easy way to goose though. Just Rodeo and eject with your enemy. You can kill them while you're both in the air that way.

I find myself liking maps the more they're designed to allow me to string together jumps. Maps like Rise, Angel City. Maps like Fracture I'm not sure I like.

I find myself liking maps the more they're designed to allow me to string together jumps. Maps like Rise, Angel City. Maps like Fracture I'm not sure I like.

Don't forget Relic, which is far and away the best map for wallrunning goodness (Rise is just a bit too simple in comparison).

I thought I'd love Rise, but I find myself really annoyed every time I play it. Haven't had a great game in it yet.

Redmoon

I have an easy way to goose though. Just Rodeo and eject with your enemy. You can kill them while you're both in the air that way.

Just did this and got my first gooser :D Don't know why I forgot about ejecting with the pilot to get the kills.

E92 M3

But where do you aim since the eject is so quick? Like nice tips and tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom