• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Could someone explain briefly how to use the Arc Cannon? I tried it last night and I just do not understand what it does, unlike the Plasma Railgun which I know how to use well but just don't really like :p

The Cowboy

Could someone explain briefly how to use the Arc Cannon? I tried it last night and I just do not understand what it does, unlike the Plasma Railgun which I know how to use well but just don't really like :p
Its a cluster weapon, when fired into a cluster of targets it has the ability to chain onto other targets near the main one you hit (within a few metres), so if you hit with a shot onto a titan/pilot/AI and others are nearby, it will chain onto them and damage them to - it can even go around corners and into buildings to hit other targets if they are within range.

Its also great at ripping down shields, a fully charged shot pretty much takes them down on a strider with a direct hit.

Oh arc mines, I love you.

w1mVkH6.gif

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Played through of the entire IMC campaign and at the end realized I had no clue what so ever as to what the story was even about. Decided to edit together all the story bits (about 30 minutes worth total). http://youtu.be/7toV3sve2AM if interested.
Thank you for doing that. After playing through the campaign around 6-7 times I had gotten most of it, but I missed a little, and it's hard to parse it while you're playing the game.

Kyzon

Just did this and got my first gooser :D Don't know why I forgot about ejecting with the pilot to get the kills.

Glad to help :)

But where do you aim since the eject is so quick? Like nice tips and tricks.

With the arc cannon you gotta take a step back and watch their body rise into the air. (kinda difficult with the pieces of titans at first) Try to hit them at the apex of their eject when they're slowest. It's harder if they cloak though as you have to track their jetpack exhaust.

If you're rodeoing though, just rotate in the air (looking slightly up or down), find them and fire.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Its a cluster weapon, when fired into a cluster of targets it has the ability to chain onto other targets near the main one you hit (within a few metres), so if you hit with a shot onto a titan/pilot/AI and others are nearby, it will chain onto them and damage them to - it can even go around corners and into buildings to hit other targets if they are within range.

Its also great at ripping down shields, a fully charged shot pretty much takes them down.
So it's always meant to be charged, right?

Kyzon

I feel like there should be a "Friends Playing This" thing on the main menu so I can easily jump on someone's game.

Anyways, I'm on Xbone right now.

GT:Kyzon Xin

if anyone wants to play.

The Cowboy

So it's always meant to be charged, right?
No, in factory mode you can tap shoot or charge it up to however much you like (30% charge will one shot a pilot for example), with its upgrade you loose the tap shooting and can only fire at 100% charge - but it does more damage (I prefer factory mode). Its a weird weapon, in a 1 on 1 fight its just OK, but in clustered group fights its fantastic for hitting multiple targets (via its arcs hitting other things) while only aiming and hitting one (your main target your aiming at).

Oh, and it can shoot rockets out of the sky to.

Lima

I don't know how you guys like the plasma railgun. I was so fucking happy once I had the 50 titan kills in Gen 3. I will never use that piece of shit gun ever again.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Why is my K/D significantly higher, without focusing on it at all, than I usually perform in the annual CoD?

Is it just because the game's new and people are so stuck in their CoD ways that they're slow to adjust or something? I feel like the game, at it's base, utilizes the same skill set essentially.

EDIT: Before it's asked, yes I'm looking at my K/D vs. other players, not including AI.

Why is my K/D significantly higher, without focusing on it at all, than I usually perform in the annual CoD?

Is it just because the game's new and people are so stuck in their CoD ways that they're slow to adjust or something? I feel like the game, at it's base, utilizes the same skill set essentially.

EDIT: Before it's asked, yes I'm looking at my K/D vs. other players, not including AI.

Me whizzing over peoples heads as they futilely try to hit me says yes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No, in factory mode you can tap shoot or charge it up to however much you like (30% charge will one shot a pilot for example), with its upgrade you loose the tap shooting and can only fire at 100% charge - but it does more damage (I prefer factory mode). Its a weird weapon, in a 1 on 1 fight its just OK, but in clustered group fights its fantastic for hitting multiple targets (via its arcs hitting other things) while only aiming and hitting one (your main target your aiming at).

Oh, and it can shoot rockets out of the sky to.
This is REALLY helpful, thanks. Had no idea what the heck was going on damage wise. The 30% charge one-shot think + shield killer makes me think I might actually kind of dig this weapon...

Camp Lo

Banned

What mode do you main?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Which one's Relic again? I don't think I've played enough games on it.

Use the ziplines and those tight corridors!

It has a couple of walls(?) suspended by lines, and a big middle area with a few floors. I think Relic might be my favorite map, it's a lot of fun to get around.

FaintDeftone

I had an awesome moment in this game tonight. I was in a titan and we lost the match, so I ran down the map blasting other titans trying to get to the drop ship. When I got near the drop ship, it was counting down with 5 seconds left. I disembarked from the titan, jumped out of it and dived to the drop ship at the LAST SECOND and climbed on board and got away. The whole thing was completely awesome and I quickly yelled "XBOX RECORD THAT!!!".

The fucking Xbox One cut the clip off RIGHT as I started to eject from the titan. Ugh.

Also, I love CTF in this game but I always end up on the damn losing team. I'm always at the top of my team and actually play properly but I always get stuck on the team full of players who run around like idiots and allow the flag to be taken right out of our base. Frustrates the hell out of me.

Nice post and on point logically but i'd argue right now there isnt much of a sandbox in terms of weaponry for the pilots. I think Titans is damn near spot on but the pilot weapons are unbalanced a bit. The 3 i'd touch up are the Shotty, Carbine & Satchels. All 3 need some sort of nerf as they are too effective in too many situations.

I disagree. All the weapons seem good as they are, but they could remove smart pistol from the game to make me happy.

CAR's hipfire is very good btw. Probably stronger than the shotgun.

Oublieux

I disagree. All the weapons seem good as they are, but they could remove smart pistol from the game to make me happy.

CAR's hipfire is very good btw. Probably stronger than the shotgun.

The smart pistol is fine. I consider myself pretty darn good at that weapon and got demolished last night by two very good players.

nbraun80

I had an awesome moment in this game tonight. I was in a titan and we lost the match, so I ran down the map blasting other titans trying to get to the drop ship. When I got near the drop ship, it was counting down with 5 seconds left. I disembarked from the titan, jumped out of it and dived to the drop ship at the LAST SECOND and climbed on board and got away. The whole thing was completely awesome and I quickly yelled "XBOX RECORD THAT!!!".

The fucking Xbox One cut the clip off RIGHT as I started to eject from the titan. Ugh.

Also, I love CTF in this game but I always end up on the damn losing team. I'm always at the top of my team and actually play properly but I always get stuck on the team full of players who run around like idiots and allow the flag to be taken right out of our base. Frustrates the hell out of me.

if ita a longer clip next time just say Xbox snap game DVR, then press stop re ordering, it will take your last 5 min. of footage.

The smart pistol is fine. I consider myself pretty darn good at that weapon and got demolished last night by two very good players.

Yeah the smart pistol gets outclassed by the carbine and shotgun both at their respective ranges. It's only good if you have the drop on some one, so if you got killed by a smart pistol then using any other weapon chances are you'd just be dead faster.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I found out that if your deck gets full, the game automatically starts throwing away some of the cards you had stockpiled :|

lost at least 3 of my titan cards, so lame.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I found out that if your deck gets full, the game automatically starts throwing away some of the cards you had stockpiled :|

lost at least 3 of my titan cards, so lame.

I think those are among the first to go. Probably because they're the most overpowered so they don't want you stock piling.

Orayn

Alright, finally bought this game. What are the essential unlocks I need to look out for if I just want to take perverse pleasure in rodeoing a lot of Titans?

Alright, finally bought this game. What are the essential unlocks I need to look out for if I just want to take perverse pleasure in rodeoing a lot of Titans?

Really, any gun but the pistol, but the anti-titan Charge Rifle (unlocks at level 33) is a blast.

pun very much intended

The Cowboy

For titan rodeo fun (that really gives a pilot a WTF is happening moment) you want the LMG (its a bit of a later unlock though), it can tear up a stryder in about 3 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom