• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orayn

Is it not possible to stick satchel charges to a Titan once you've popped the top? I know you can throw an arc grenade directly there at the cost of some self-damage.

Abelian75

Neo Member
I think those are among the first to go. Probably because they're the most overpowered so they don't want you stock piling.

Nah, one of the devs has posted here that it's a bug that they noticed too late in development to fix, but will fix shortly.

(If you were actually worried about stockpiling them for some strange reason, you could just say they expire after X matches, or allow you to only use one titan card per match. Just secretly making them vanish would be a... poor solution. No reason to worry about stockpiling anyway, really. You get N cards over time and thus can use N total. Doesn't really matter how spread out those N cards are over multiple matches)

The Cowboy

(If you were actually worried about stockpiling them for some strange reason, you could just say they expire after X matches, or allow you to only use one titan card per match. Just secretly making them vanish would be a... poor solution.)
This is actually a very good idea, I really like the idea of giving burn cards an expire timer.

Abelian75

Neo Member
This is actually a very good idea, I really like the idea of giving burn cards an expire timer.

I dunno, the only fix I think is necessary is adding a screen to select which cards you want to discard when you collect more than you can keep. Admittedly an expire timer would more quickly communicate "Hey, you basically want to use your best cards as soon as you can find an appropriate time to use them", but I feel like it would be a pain in the ass to try to keep cards from expiring, and would remove a lot of the fun of choosing which ones you want (since you'd basically be compelled to always choose the ones about to expire). Would also make it suck if you got ten cards after a single match, since they'd all expire at once. I think it's pretty much fine as it is as long as they add the aforementioned screen that lets you choose which ones get discarded when you overflow.

I do feel like a little message about it not being a particularly great strategy to save your best cards for some mysterious "perfect moment" might be nice as a loading screen tip, though.

Drake

So I'm not the best player at this game, but I'm ok. I have just above a 1:1 KD ratio, but this is assuming I use the carbine, or a smg. With the shotgun I consistently go 2:1, 3:1 sometimes 4:1. The weapon is ridiculously OP. I should probably stop using it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is it not possible to stick satchel charges to a Titan once you've popped the top? I know you can throw an arc grenade directly there at the cost of some self-damage.

You can, does a good chunk of damage too. Plus if you see them get spooked and leave the titan, you can jump off, toss the satchel and typically get the pilot kill.

Orayn

So you can goomba stomp dudes in this game?

Pretty sure what's happening in that GIF is a reverse goomba stomp. The kick melee attack is (usually?) an instant kill and it has a bit of a lunge to it, so the guy who's running by and starting a jump is getting hit by an upward-aimed kick.

Lunar15

I went apeshit in trying to capture a point near the end of a really close hardpoint battle. I ziplined in through the roof, three men were inside, I killed one, threw an arc mine and jumped out the window, the arc mine killed the second, and then I popped back in and killed the final guy.

Then I defended it from like, two more guys to win the match. Goddamn, sometimes... this game.

HelloMeow

Pretty sure what's happening in that GIF is a reverse goomba stomp. The kick melee attack is (usually?) an instant kill and it has a bit of a lunge to it, so the guy who's running by and starting a jump is getting hit by an upward-aimed kick.

I wasn't "starting" a jump. I was 15 feet above him and his foot.

TrueGrime

I went apeshit in trying to capture a point near the end of a really close hardpoint battle. I ziplined in through the roof, three men were inside, I killed one, threw an arc mine and jumped out the window, the arc mine killed the second, and then I popped back in and killed the final guy.

Then I defended it from like, two more guys to win the match. Goddamn, sometimes... this game.

The ones that come down to the wire are always the fucking best.

malfcn

Man you are going to play a lot of LTS for the gen 3 requirements. Ugh that fucking plasma rail gun. Assists all day.

It's a great support gun. Is G3 dooming or killing?
And I run Stryder right now and consistently am on the top of my team.
But I had playing with dumb players that all use Ogres or crowd up.

AND when you got Nuclear, don't dash into your own team.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Does anyone know what's going on with my game? Here's a really shitty gif showing shakiness around the wall mounted monitor a few seconds in. I couldn't get gifcam to work properly.
http://min.us/i/7hazk4tuGegA

I have a 660m and tried various settings in game and through nvidia control panel..

Man I really need to ditch auto eject. That shit has gotten me killed quite a few times. Though it seems like you launch higher with auto eject. Anyone know if that's true?

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I found out that if your deck gets full, the game automatically starts throwing away some of the cards you had stockpiled :|

lost at least 3 of my titan cards, so lame.

I was wondering where all my stockpiled rares were going.. ugh, better start using em' (I'm a hoarder, obviously).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Oh man. Having a titan card, calling it in at the start, killing yourself, then using map hack...I just did that, and it was hilarious. That is a ridiculous combo.

eek5

Damn the shotgun is really good. Doing Gen 2 challenges and it is a beast. What's even better is the amped shotgun. Has a really short delay between shots with the same range and damage. So fucking overpowered.. I mean I get that it's a burn card but holy shit..

Finished my 75 players already. Still need 100 more "enemy" kills :\

Woo-Fu

Banned
Fucking took me forever to do the stupid critical hits.

You using a controller? It is trivial with mouse. You should finish that long before you get the 50 titan kills, assuming you're aiming for critical hits whenever their shields are down---which you should be doing.

I just hit Gen 1, ramped up to L10 real quick...and I'm getting a little bored already. I think I've played out attrition, its time to try the other modes. ;) Unlocking the same stuff over n over just isnt that fun to me I guess. I still have the urge to play, but I dont think this game is going to have the staying power that the L4D series had (and amazingly still has) for me. We shall see...

I just hit Gen 1, ramped up to L10 real quick...and I'm getting a little bored already. I think I've played out attrition, its time to try the other modes. ;) Unlocking the same stuff over n over just isnt that fun to me I guess. I still have the urge to play, but I dont think this game is going to have the staying power that the L4D series had (and amazingly still has) for me. We shall see...

Play CTF.

Izuna

Banned
It's intentional. It even warns you to discard cards if you have more than 25 cards.

No it's not, it's a bug. Respawn already said in this thread that it was.

It actually says it won't add any more cards, not take some away.

There is a bug with LTS though, sometimes the round won't end until we hunt all of the pilots. Strange.

daviyoung

Banned
I'm a huge fan of the campaign intros. Does anyone know if there are numerous intros per faction per mission? For example, the full journey from space to ground in the IMC APC? The picking up of Macallan? The storming of the fort as Militia (can't remember the map name) but it was a real old-fashioned Infinity Ward moment. Not sure if I'll love them the 20th time I see them, so I hope there's some variety.

Multiplayer campaign is solid, the story as it's revealed leaves something to be desired though simply because it's told via audiobites as you're deep in the action so very easy to miss info dumps.
The leader of the IMC army switches sides at the end? I don't get it at all

I'm a huge fan of the campaign intros. Does anyone know if there are numerous intros per faction per mission? For example, the full journey from space to ground in the IMC APC? The picking up of Macallan? The storming of the fort as Militia (can't remember the map name) but it was a real old-fashioned Infinity Ward moment. Not sure if I'll love them the 20th time I see them, so I hope there's some variety.

Multiplayer campaign is solid, the story as it's revealed leaves something to be desired though simply because it's told via audiobites as you're deep in the action so very easy to miss info dumps.
The leader of the IMC army switches sides at the end? I don't get it at all

You need to finish the IMC campaign to understand why he defected. It becomes clear then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom