• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't true in the slightest.

When I'm playing alone, the vast majority of my games are silent with 0 communication. Most people don't use voice or text chat at all.

And we still win games. Often.

Yep. I use my titan to guard the outside of the point, while I chill out inside. That point becomes pretty safe until someone sneaks up on me.

Jito

Banned
So the game won't stop crashing on me today on loading screens and lobbies, I have no idea what's started this so I'm just going to repair my install and hope for the best. Had a weird glitch before where the image on screen was locked but everything was still playing and moving in the background as I could still here the sounds. What's going on?!

Forkball

Anyone think the big punch kind of sucks? It makes your titan disoriented and it can mess up your smoke traps. I will switch from it soon.

Also
wGJQsqT.jpg

Boogdud

What makes it worse is that you clearly hit him/her with a string of bullets, and in return they managed to single kicked you to death.

I couldn't tell you how many times I've had this exact same scenario happen to me. It's gotten to the point where I'm playing less and less now. It's janky enough on it's own (the kick), adding in hit bullet detection problems and bs like this is enough to sour me.

tauke

I couldn't tell you how many times I've had this exact same scenario happen to me. It's gotten to the point where I'm playing less and less now. It's janky enough on it's own (the kick), adding in hit bullet detection problems and bs like this is enough to sour me.

Happens to me so many times that I question the hit detection feature especially for opponents who have worser ping than me. Problem is when I view the killcam, I pump lots of bullets of them but they managed to jumpkicked me.

So far after unlocking the shotgun accuracy upgrade, I've managed to deal this people during close combat which I find perform better than dancing around with them.

Haven't played a ton of this but man it is so entertaining. I'd love to read the full thread to now but that would be crazy so I'll ask here - is it just me or is it super easy to finish top of your team in Hardpoint just by hanging out near an objective and getting those Hardpoint Hold points? (Not to mention the kills from people just running in willy-nilly.) I never finish top of my team in anything but last night it was three, four games in a row.

Similar. Although I was also ducking out to capture and so on... It'll show clearly that you have all your points in defence. (Does it cap at 2000 actually, thinking about it?)

Similar. Although I was also ducking out to capture and so on... It'll show clearly that you have all your points in defence. (Does it cap at 2000 actually, thinking about it?)

Yeah, I've only done that a few times to test its pure ridiculousness
(ridiculosity?)
. It's way more fun if you pop out to get other points.

It certainly does not cap at 2000, though. I got ~2800 in defence in one game last night. I thought this person with 750A/2300D was gonna beat me, but I cleaned up in a serious way right at the end, can't even remember how, and pipped them at the post.

Anyone think the big punch kind of sucks? It makes your titan disoriented and it can mess up your smoke traps. I will switch from it soon.

Nope. Big Punch dominates Titans in 2-3 hits.

Also in case it hasn't been posted, use the Chaingun and play Last Titan Standing for ejecting kills. I've gotten tons of messages from Gen 4's and 5's asking me how I did it.

If you're punching dudes in the titans then you might know: how do I do the thing where I rip the pilot out of the titan? Had it happen to me a few times, it looks great and must feel very satisfying.

Just punch them when they are in the doomed state. I believe the three different chassis have different animations. All three rip the pilot out though.

Nope. Big Punch dominates Titans in 2-3 hits.

Also in case it hasn't been posted, use the Chaingun and play Last Titan Standing for ejecting kills. I've gotten tons of messages from Gen 4's and 5's asking me how I did it.

Yeah, big punch is a huge part of my strategy as an Ogre. More times than not I'll find myself using all 5 of my quad rockets, my rocket salve and then dashing towards an enemy and finishing him with a punch. Makes quick work of most players.

E92 M3

I'm talking about the G9 challenge with the Railgun.

Lol

Oh - good thing I'm not worried about that yet lol...with that said, the autocharge upgrade shouldn't make it that hard.

Made Gen 6, used Fast Learner, got LV11 in one game of LTS. Felt awesome! I forgot how powerful the 40mm was.

I hate you, goose.

generation =/= skill guys. i've been matched against gen8 guys who i worked over, and gen1 guys who worked me over. all it is is an indicator of time put into the game.

Well, regenerating is actually difficult with some of the challenges. Definitely learned new skills while doing it; a lot harder than COD - that's for sure.

Finally after 2 days of losing streak, I'm on a winning streak.... by having a really underlevel opponent team.

Just owned them with no mercy while I feel bad yet so good. :(

Also after unlocking the shotgun accuracy upgrade, damn it is crazy effective even at mid range. Now I know why I get owned so bad by shotties.

What shotgun accuracy upgrade lol? Doesn't lead wall lower it?

What shotgun accuracy upgrade lol? Doesn't lead wall lower it?

Lead Wall increases 'accuracy' by increasing the spread, so actually you just hit things in a wider area. I don't know if it actually makes it more accurate in the sense that something you aim at is more likely to be hit, though. I switched to the extended magazine as soon as I unlocked it and haven't looked back.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lead Wall increases 'accuracy' by increasing the spread, so actually you just hit things in a wider area. I don't know if it actually makes it more accurate in the sense that something you aim at is more likely to be hit, though. I switched to the extended magazine as soon as I unlocked it and haven't looked back.
everything but the suppressor is a red herring to me <3

m23

Really enjoying the game, Hardpoint is my favourite mode its just a shame when you've got a crap team and they don't understand the point of capturing the hard points and therefore you lose because of it

If you're playing on Xbox add me up. I usually have a bunch of people playing at the same time so we don't have to team up with randoms. My GT is in my profile.

SilverBulletKY

Neo Member
I am not having a good time with this game at all. Played through the first campaign. I just think it's too fast for my tastes. I only played CoD on hardcore mode so it was very slow compared to this..

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

big punch combined with ogre makes mincemeat out of titans. Locking them into a corridor is bad.... FOR THEM.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
big punch combined with ogre makes mincemeat out of titans. Locking them into a corridor is bad.... FOR THEM.

speaking of big punch, is it me or does big punch give you a longer "rushing" motion when doing a titan punch?

I feel like my titan flies forward with big punch on.

Zakalwe

Banned
Just punch them when they are in the doomed state. I believe the three different chassis have different animations. All three rip the pilot out though.

Not quite.

Atlas - rips enemy pilot from cockpit and hurls them to their death

Stryder - rips enemy pilot from cockpit and crushes them with it's hands

Ogre - tears off enemy titan's arms and beats the target into pieces

speaking of big punch, is it me or does big punch give you a longer "rushing" motion when doing a titan punch?

It's like a giant robot version of the sword lunge from Halo 2, yeah. It sucks when you happen to miss a melee with it, because it takes what feels like forever to come out of it.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

It feels like there is a lunge to it. And woohoo, gen 4! I am doing a midday stream if anyone wants to watch, just trying to get the campaign missions achievement.

Just kidding, something went wrong while streaming, completely locked up the game.

Got to level 35 on Friday and logged back on Saturday morning to find my rank reset to level 1. I quickly got up to around level 25 before my rank, stats and challenges were reset. Turned on my Xbox to find the message below from Microsoft. I didn't complain to anybody or mention it online anywhere.

taRtjNA.jpg

Got to level 35 on Friday and logged back on Saturday morning to find my rank reset to level 1. I quickly got up to around level 25 before my rank, stats and challenges were reset. Turned on my Xbox to find the message below from Microsoft. I didn't complain to anybody or mention it online anywhere.

taRtjNA.jpg

At least they're giving something.

Now where's my gift for having to deal with that sign-in issue on the day of TitanFall's release?

taRtjNA.jpg

Well that's... weird. At least they're giving you something for it.

Yeah I'm pretty happy about it. I was annoyed at first until I started playing again and ranking up super fast. Hadn't heard of this happening to anyone else so I thought I'd post it here.

Rizsparky

The animations in this game are quite cool.. My titan was doomed and I attempted to punch an enemy Ogre titan he caught my punch and ripped my arms off lol.

Awesome game is awesome.

I wasn't keen on the AI bots at first but now I quite like them. Pilot movement is great and wrecking shit in your Titan never gets old!

HildyB

I enjoyed Dead Rising 3, but Titanfall has justified my Xbox purchase. I skipped the last three COD games so this style game feels fresh again... and so addicting. Going to add some of you to my follow list tonight :)

I played a couple games of CTF this morning. On fracture, I was guarding the flag with mines and a sniper/acog setup. I killed the flag carrier, ran and returned the flag, killed a guy trying to stop my team's flag carrier, returned to the top of the building, boarded an enemy titan, got somehow ejected by the other team's pilot and got killed by the enemy while getting shot straight into the air; all within 20 seconds.

Soooooo good.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Last night I joined 9 teams in a row that couldn't win a single match. It was demoralizing as hell ;__; especially since I stuck with each team for ~3 or so games

With the current matchmaking system(s) it is basically Game of Stacks. If your team has the biggest stack you're going to win every round. If you don't you're going to lose every round. Whichever team is losing is going to bleed players until it dissolves.

Going from BF4 straight into this like I did last night when someone asked me to play with them is intense. Glad I decided to play with the controller though, controller hasn't felt this viable/supported in an FPS PC game since Borderlands 2.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Going from BF4 straight into this like I did last night when someone asked me to play with them is intense. Glad I decided to play with the controller though, controller hasn't felt this viable/supported in an FPS PC game since Borderlands 2.

When you go back to BF4 you will feel like you're in slow-mo.

Not quite.

Atlas - rips enemy pilot from cockpit and hurls them to their death

Stryder - rips enemy pilot from cockpit and crushes them with it's hands

Ogre - tears off enemy titan's arms and beats the target into pieces

How could I forget the Ogre animation?! That's what I mainly use haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom