• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueGrime

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I have seen the light!

I've been watching DBZ on Hulu + and I just found out I can keep watching DBZ and play Titanfall at the same time.

Xbox, snap Hulu +

Just thought I'd share that.
Now on to these challenges.

Snap and I don't get along well.

Must. Have. Full. Screen.

i can only get so far as the main menu right now. server at the bottom shows 932ms(!!!) and i am forced to quit the program.

anybody else having issues like this at the moment? EA server maintenance or what?

Such a fun game to play with friends! I honestly enjoy every mode (don't like a couple maps, one being training ground, but hey). Jut started using satchel charges tonight, they feel rigged. I think that explosion radius needs to be nerfed. CTF is really intense. I'm almost done with Gen 2... Hit level 43 or so

Interesting to see how much the metagame is shifting already. Almost everyone is using Electric Smoke now. Fortunately the Slammer LMG is still pretty useful in that case.

Also, question: I have auto-eject and nuclear ejection equipped on my Titan, and usually it works fine. But a few times I've just been sort of "dropped" out of my Titan onto the ground instead of launched in the air. What gives?

nomis

Well, those aren't direct hits...

I noticed right away that the 40mm doesn't actually do splash damage to pilots -- in spite of the explosive animation. It's most likely a balance thing because it would be god-tier if it did.

How do you play this game for more than five minutes and not know that the 40mm has splash damage?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Interesting to see how much the metagame is shifting already. Almost everyone is using Electric Smoke now. Fortunately the Slammer LMG is still pretty useful in that case.

Also, question: I have auto-eject and nuclear ejection equipped on my Titan, and usually it works fine. But a few times I've just been sort of "dropped" out of my Titan onto the ground instead of launched in the air. What gives?

Two things, if you don't mash the button to eject it'll be a normal dismount, or you're in a place with a roof on top so you eject and bounce your head off which puts you on the ground again(probably to get blown up by your titan!).

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
So I've run into several people that have a blue colored name like they're teammates, then all of a sudden turn orange and kill me. Is there a burn for card for that or is it hackz?

I randomly got put on a team with GAF Legend Timedog.

I am the worst at this game. It's my first multiplayer FPS I've played using keyboard and mouse though.

bananas

Banned
Bought the PC version. Already have the Xbone version, so hit me up on either: peaseybananas (my ID for XBL, Origin and Steam as well.)

Ok, I've now encountered frame rate drops to the single digits about a dozen times now on xbone; this is getting super annoying. Same with bs kicks from across the room, which is bringing back memories of MW2 stabs from commando.

Delayed again for the 360?

Sounds like:

'Microsoft thinks that Titanfall hasn't met its internal targets for sales yet on the XB1, so they've given us more money so we can delay the 360 version again'

Hip Hop

Sounds like:

'Microsoft thinks that Titanfall hasn't met its internal targets for sales yet on the XB1, so they've given us more money so we can delay the 360 version again'

More power to them. I don't see how people have a problem with that.

Snaku

Banned

Sounds like:

If they really wanted to encourage XB1 sales through Titanfall, they'd have EA straight up cancel the 360 version.

I think I'm doing alright on the PC:

sNqbt8x.png

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
One thing that I would LOVE is to be able to distinguish who are in your party ingame. (Different colour for them on the minimap and colour above their head.)

It is so hard to tell who is who whilst playing.

Is there a way to see what Campaign maps you didn't win on?

No, I wish there was. I have lost 1 on each campaign God knows which matches though.

I really wish load outs could be named and there were more. Does it ever go higher than 5 for pilot and titan?

Yesterday I took out the drop ship with the swing of my massive right hook punch.

And then fell off a cliff. It was worth it.

KJ869

Im starting to appreciate attrition

a) If you camp or consentrate on k/d you wont be running around grinding the fodder
b) you cant just leave youre titan in AI mode or youre just givint the enemy points, so you actualy haveto know what you are doing
c) you can setup your titan to go grunt hunt, support or titan finisher and they all work nicely.
d) Matches are not that long, so if youre hit with shitsquad the pain is not that long.

I really wish load outs could be named and there were more. Does it ever go higher than 5 for pilot and titan?

Yesterday I took out the drop ship with the swing of my massive right hook punch.

And then fell off a cliff. It was worth it.

Haha, I saw someone do that. Were you in the IMC on Lagoon? :p

Agreed. It would be nice if I got more than 200 XP though.
You love them higher numbers popping up on your screen, don't ya, Karl? :p
Gimmick weapons designed for casual FPS players that at best net them 3-4 kills a game aren't nearly as annoying to me as the two (three, if you're being charitable to the CAR) pilot primaries that make everything else in the game non-viable.
What are these two? I use the Hemlock, the CAR, the Carbine, the SMG you lock early on, and the shotgun, and I get along just fine.
Such a fun game to play with friends! I honestly enjoy every mode (don't like a couple maps, one being training ground, but hey). Jut started using satchel charges tonight, they feel rigged. I think that explosion radius needs to be nerfed. CTF is really intense. I'm almost done with Gen 2... Hit level 43 or so
Still haven't had a chance to play with anyone. Looking forward to it when it happens.

It can be helpful for newbies in that it eliminates "good aim" as a necessity to score a single kill. It certainly does not compensate for skill nor is it a particularly superb option in the hands of a skilled player. It also doesn't outright suck.

Frankly, it's a fine addition to this game. It gives people who might not even get the chance to enjoy themselves the capability to at least kill people in full-on "got the jump on you" scenarios, fits the universe nicely, it's cool (seriously did no one else think of the Fifth Element gun? just me?), and it doesn't break gameplay.

I always sucked at FPS, since i barely play them.

But this game, with the pakour and the Smart Pistol make me able to play and do well. i love this

Those two quotes need to go together, I think. It's helping people who wouldn't otherwise have fun with this game, and it seems to be outright ruining very few/no experiences. Sounds like solid design to me. I haven't yet but I want to try it out and see if I can get similar scores to my good shotgun rounds with it.

I wish that this game didn't have ADS and instead worked more like the CAR with counter weight.

Yeah, ADS coupled with the intense moving seems kinda weird, if nothing else. And they're making a few cool departures from the cut-and-paste FPS tropes of late, it'd be cool to make another.

Ya know, if I'm on a team that loses a match, but I get to the drop ship and escape, it makes me feel better about the game. It makes the player feel accomplished without cheapening the victory for the other team. I'd like to see more MPs implement this type of thing.

Yeah, I never feel bad about a loss if I manage to evacuate. The timing is super tight which makes it feel even more intense. My only gripe is that on some maps the evacuation point is a pain to reach. :/

Two things, if you don't mash the button to eject it'll be a normal dismount, or you're in a place with a roof on top so you eject and bounce your head off which puts you on the ground again(probably to get blown up by your titan!).

Ahhhh. Thank you! That was confusing me.

They should make getting to the evac ship worth more XP. A lot of times, players will not even bother and just stick around trying to kill enemy pilots instead.

The Cowboy

Is this game worth buying without DLC?

Also, I just saw this: http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2014/03/19/titanfall/

So folks with Nvidia GPUs are in for a treat I suppose.
This is cool and all, but I would much prefer they get the current performance up to par before spending time adding additional things to make the game look nicer.

Hopefully they have a separate team doing this, whilst the other teams work on performance optimisation.

They should make getting to the evac ship worth more XP. A lot of times, players will not even bother and just stick around trying to kill enemy pilots instead.

Getting to the evac ship is a ton of fun. I do seem to frequently get shot by people who have plopped down at the evac point, but that makes sense. Nothing like a good parkour chase to the evac ship though.

There are a few levels where I just do not know how to reliably get to the extraction zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom