• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I never feel bad about a loss if I manage to evacuate. The timing is super tight which makes it feel even more intense. My only gripe is that on some maps the evacuation point is a pain to reach. :/
Inversely, one of the worst feelings is almost getting to the evacuation point knowing you can make it – you just gotta get this one jump – but you miss the jump and thereby miss your opportunity.

–____________–

Inversely, one of the worst feelings is almost getting to the evacuation point knowing you can make it – you just gotta get this one jump – but you miss the jump and thereby miss your opportunity.

–____________–

The worst is getting killed right as you're dashing towards the dropship. You're so close, and then some guy just pops you. Feels so bad. :lol

–____________–

Yyyyyeap, missing the evacuation by any means sucks when you're so close you can taste it.

So how does everyone here feel about shotgun users? I'm being called awfully rude names ingame today. :(

Sorry to hear that. :( Never happens to me and I play 100% shotgun, apart from trying to get a few kills with the Wingman the last couple of matches. I don't find the shotgun that annoying to play against after using it, honestly.

mcrommert

Banned
So i can't start threads so i'll leave this here...realized that my kinect never worked for chat on titanfall...they seem to have disabled that...didn't know they could do that

Good thing microsoft packaged mics with the xbox because their "just use kinect" wouldn't have worked

9hnk22T.png

Not really seeing the problem with shotgun users. I don't use it often myself but I guess people expect to be able to dominate in close quarters against a shotgun with a rifle? Doesn't make a lot of sense. Also, do people not use the Active Sonar perk? That thing is god-tier in setting up ambushes and catching campers (shotgun or otherwise).

Every single campaign match I seem to get 2nd or 1st on my team but steamrolled and lose, why am I being paired up with idiots.

Classic MP doesn't seem to have this problem as much as campaign does.

I've uninstalled Titanfall. It's become impossible in recent days to find an evenly balanced match. Every game I join, there is like 2 Gen3s, 2 Gen2s on one team and no players who have regenerated on the other side. Every game I join, one team wins handily, and because the teams are not mixed up between rounds, that team continues to win handily. It's become extremely frustrating having to exit back to the lobby all the time to try to find a game with evenly matched teams.

Kud Dukan

. Every game I join, there is like 2 Gen3s, 2 Gen2s on one team and no players who have regenerated on the other side.

Just an FYI, generations are not taken into account in the matchmaking. They're using their underlying skill rankings to match people. So (in theory) it shouldn't matter. Generations only point to time played, not skill level.

Jito

Banned
I've uninstalled Titanfall. It's become impossible in recent days to find an evenly balanced match. Every game I join, there is like 2 Gen3s, 2 Gen2s on one team and no players who have regenerated on the other side. Every game I join, one team wins handily, and because the teams are not mixed up between rounds, that team continues to win handily. It's become extremely frustrating having to exit back to the lobby all the time to try to find a game with evenly matched teams.

Never understand this reaction to having a few bad games. It's the ultimate rage quit. The only way to beat better players is to get better yourself.

And that 50 gb install if you want to play again...

E92 M3

So i can't start threads so i'll leave this here...realized that my kinect never worked for chat on titanfall...they seem to have disabled that...didn't know they could do that

Good thing microsoft packaged mics with the xbox because their "just use kinect" wouldn't have worked

9hnk22T.png

I used my Kinect temporarily when my mic malfunctioned and my friend uses it all the time.

So how does everyone here feel about shotgun users? I'm being called awfully rude names ingame today. :(

They don't bother me. Just have to anticipate it, that's it.

Just an FYI, generations are not taken into account in the matchmaking. They're using their underlying skill rankings to match people. So (in theory) it shouldn't matter. Generations only point to time played, not skill level.

While true there's two problems for sure, one is that the matchmaking is too loose, and two a 2nd or 3rd gen is going to know maps and routes better due to play time, they are better players overall especially at high ranks.

Shame that halo 2 & 3 were the last times we had a good challenging matchmaking system.

Never understand this reaction to having a few bad games. It's the ultimate rage quit. The only way to beat better players is to get better yourself.

And that 50 gb install if you want to play again...

A majority of bad games over the course of five days =/= a few bad games. The matchmaking is screwed up, and it's exacerbated by not mixing up teams between rounds. It's not so much a "ragequit" as a "poorly designed game quit"

Alx

While true there's two problems for sure, one is that the matchmaking is too loose, and two a 2nd or 3rd gen is going to know maps and routes better due to play time, they are better players overall especially at high ranks.

Knowing the maps and routes won't change much if you don't score more points in the end... that's why using performance as a reference for matchmaking is much more reliable than playtime. I'm a few XP points short of reaching gen2, but I'm certainly not better than most low level players I meet online.

Jito

Banned
A majority of bad games over the course of five days =/= a few bad games. The matchmaking is screwed up, and it's exacerbated by not mixing up teams between rounds. It's not so much a "ragequit" as a "poorly designed game quit"

Well you'll never get whatever updates they add to mm if its uninstalled but you sound way past that. Honestly if you really enjoyed the game you wouldn't have uninstalled anyway. But Yeh poorly designed when everyone else is still managing to win games and have fun.

Well you'll never get whatever updates they add to mm if its uninstalled but you sound way past that. Honestly if you really enjoyed the game you wouldn't have uninstalled anyway. But Yeh poorly designed when everyone else is still managing to win games and have fun.

You're going to try and tell me that not mixing up teams between rounds is good design? It's not fun constantly having the most points on either team and my team gets crushed by over 100.

Are you sure you weren't on party chat? That would work.. Regular chat doesn't work with kinect according to them on titanfall

I hear people in the lobby talking to their kinect all the time, and i'm not in a party, unless they are telling it to do things while wearing a headset.

Blu10

How do I successfully rodeo a Titan and shoot the core without dying in the process?

Jump on the back of it. If they release smoke jump off and run out of it. Once the smoke starts to dissipate jump back on. If the titan kneels down and you hear the cockpit open jump off, and aim dead ahead. You will see a pilot turning around to shoot you, shoot them first and then jump back on.

Damn, power to you. I'm probably gonna stop genning after Gen 2, which I'm on now, don't really see the point of getting a new card next to my name. Just gonna focus on having fun and doing some challenges.

Will my single GTX 660 be able to support any of these features without the framerate taking a nosedive?

Mine is already incapable of running the game at a smooth 60, so I doubt it.

The Cowboy

Not always true, you can have a full gen 10 player with the exact same play time as a gen 1 level 50 player (or any other gen level 50 player) - they could have just decided to not gen up. When I hit level 50 in gen 1 I don't plan to gen up as its not something I find fun - I plan instead to just unlock all weapons mods for each weapon.

Has Respawn mentioned adding a different color to identify members of your Squad / Party like they have in Battlefield and COD?

Right now it is kind of difficult to identify where your friends are once you get moving.

Jito

Banned
You're going to try and tell me that not mixing up teams between rounds is good design? It's not fun constantly having the most points on either team and my team gets crushed by over 100.

Nope not at all, no team mixing is pretty bad but I've not been having bad games were my team get destroyed that often and I play solo.

Forkball

Damn man. What's your GT so I can game with you and experience the fear of those leaving the lobby because a Gen10 is in there.

I had to rage quit a lobby where the other team had four dudes with the same clan tag and were G2, G3, G4, G5.

I'm level 47 right now and those last few levels are pretty slow. I'm running out of big challenges. Also I think people are getting better at titan fights. I can get creamed pretty quickly when I used to dominate fairly decisively in them. Maybe I should switch to Ogre.

Has Respawn mentioned adding a different color to identify members of your Squad / Party like they have in Battlefield and COD?

Right now it is kind of difficult to identify where your friends are once you get moving.

Or PERHAPS showing names through walls?

"Clutter" is such a BS excuse and so is "immersion." Gameplay > all else, and showing your teammate callsigns, names, whatever on your HUD is extremely beneficial.

ringlord

Gen2s and Gen3s doesn't mean they are better players, just means they've played more hours. But I agree the teams should be rebalanced after each round based off of performance. One really bad player that gets killed 11 times and only gets 1 kill himself can really hurt the team.

There are still a lot of things missing, that can obviously be added with a patch. I for one think that its pretty ridiculous that you cannot rename load outs whats so ever. I really hope they bring a lot more content out with the season pass(More than just maps) because I feel already bored playing, and I haven't even hit Gen1 yet...

The HUD is super busy as it is.
While that may be true, priority should be given to something like this. It's one of the reasons why I never cared to play CoD games. Combine that with how people have issues distinguishing players with the modern military/realistic/gritty art styles and you have a game that doesn't lend itself to teamwork and brewing more coordinated players.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Those two quotes need to go together, I think. It's helping people who wouldn't otherwise have fun with this game, and it seems to be outright ruining very few/no experiences. Sounds like solid design to me. I haven't yet but I want to try it out and see if I can get similar scores to my good shotgun rounds with it.
Kept playing around last night and when I have a good round with it I'm still slightly below my efficiency with the shotgun, and tend to have more deaths (fairly consistently these represent the "fair fight" scenarios, where I'm in great shape with the shotgun but a sitting duck with the SP). I will say that the Amped Smart Pistol feels pretty good in the hand.
Imagine that their hatred is their only outlet for accepting that you're killing them fair and square despite their very best efforts. You aren't doing anything they couldn't do themselves, yet it's their brains on the ground and not yours. Muahahahah.

Seems a bit silly to go after shotgunners as uniquely frustrating anyway. I noticed a clear majority of my deaths last night came from the carbine. Rapidly learning that the range of that thing appears to be "where you can see to."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom