• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu10

Gen2s and Gen3s doesn't mean they are better players, just means they've played more hours. But I agree the teams should be rebalanced after each round based off of performance. One really bad player that gets killed 11 times and only gets 1 kill himself can really hurt the team.

Generally I play this game with a group of my friends...we'll win 80-90 percent of our games. I don't want our party broken up. I want to play with them, not against them.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
So I haven't experimented with all the weapons yet because I'm trying to level them up and get the upgrades for each weapon one at a time, but the g24a pilot weapon and the arc cannon titan weapon seem utterly useless.

The g24a is just wimpy as fuck, and the arc cannon takes as long to charge as it takes for other weapons to unload an entire clip, and then you have to have perfect aim, and then it still doesn't do that much damage. I hit other titans with like 3 fully charged arc cannon shots, and a barrage of rockets and they don't die. I have 2 titan kills with the arc cannon in about 20 games. Using other weapons I used to actually be able to kill titans sometimes.

Kept playing around last night and when I have a good round with it I'm still slightly below my efficiency with the shotgun, and tend to have more deaths. I will say that the Amped Smart Pistol feels pretty good in the hand.

Sounds good, might try it out next time I play. I'm finding - much to my pleasure - that in this game I'm actually spoiled for choice in terms of guns I want to use and already have access to. I'm sure competitively it's just the two or three that are outclassing everything, but from the depths of level 30 it feels like anything is viable. Not to mention every weapon I've tried feels really fun, even if some of them are so far useless in my clumsy hands. It's nice to know there's more out there if/when I get bored of the shotgun.

Another thing that I'm not sure anyone's mentioned before now: tons of ammo for everything (bar grenades). I think this is great because limiting the ammo is only going to slow the pace of the game and avoid people having to hunt for more ammo (is it even possible to resupply?) or a dropped weapon. Additionally, it's good because it means they can't justify any kind of Scavenger perk or ammo box thingy, which allows the ordnance to be strong without worrying about people abusing that refill capability.
Of course Burn Cards can give you infinite explosives for one life but still.

The Cowboy

So I haven't experimented with all the weapons yet because I'm trying to level them up and get the upgrades for each weapon one at a time, but the g24a pilot weapon and the arc cannon titan weapon seem utterly useless.
Some of the pilot weapons are pretty bad (hemlock & snipers for example) due to the fact other weapons can take there roles easily (the carbine for example is a better hemlock and sniper), but I actually think the titan weapons are all pretty great and each can be used (depending on how you play) effectively.

I think Respawn did a poor job on pilot weapon balance (in that some are useless or borderline useless), but I think they did a fantastic job on titan weapon balance (in that they can all fit into decent roles).

Gaz_RB

Some of the pilot weapons are pretty bad (hemlock & snipers for example) due to the fact other weapons can take there roles easily (the carbine for example is a better hemlock and sniper), but I actually think the titan weapons are all pretty great and each can be used (depending on how you play) effectively.

I think Respawn did a poor job on pilot weapon balance (in that some are useless or borderline useless), but I think they did a fantastic job on titan weapon balance (in that they can all fit into decent roles).

Agreed. Respawn needs to go back to the drawing board when it comes to pilot weapons for TItanfall 2, but they nailed the Titan balance.

NH Apache

Banned

The g24a is just wimpy as fuck, and the arc cannon takes as long to charge as it takes for other weapons to unload an entire clip, and then you have to have perfect aim, and then it still doesn't do that much damage. I hit other titans with like 3 fully charged arc cannon shots, and a barrage of rockets and they don't die. I have 2 titan kills with the arc cannon in about 20 games. Using other weapons I used to actually be able to kill titans sometimes.

I really like the g24a with stock sights. It feels like I headshot a bit more.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I like the G24A, and I like the idea of the Hemlock, but the carbine just does what either of them would be intended to do more accurately and without sacrificing range while also being full auto. I really couldn't do that well with the Hemlock last night even though I'd like to get good at it.

The Arc Cannon however was a blast on the Ogre loadout I tried. It's not my preferred style of Titaning, but it's great. Easily cuts down shields, sets Titans up for big ordinance hits and punches. I got my two first-ever "beat the thing with its own arms" kills using it before closing in for the finish last night.

I started using the Smart Pistol, and it is fun as fuck if you like to wallrun and stealth on people. This is what the dark side feels like, isn't it?

Agreed. The Hemlock, G24A and sniper are difficult to use and too easily substituted. The shotgun is overpowered. I'm okay with the range and damage but the damn thing fires too fast. Lowering the fire rate I feel would balance it out.

Lima

The Hemlock should kill in one burst. I expected this from the guys that created that feeling with the legendary M16 in the first Modern Warfare.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hemlock definitely needs a buff. I was excited for the 3-round burst weapon but it's just so useless and outclassed.

I don't have a solution but I think Respawn needs to re-think the Campaign concept.

It's really difficult to find the people to run the Campaign already. In a month? Forget it.

Last night I sat in an endless cycle of finding players, reverting to prior campaign mission, finding players.

Just as you'd start to find players the oldest ones would give up and quit. Continuing the cycle.

After about 15 minutes I quit.

How are people supposed to unlock the other two Titan frames?

The Hemlock should kill in one burst. I expected this from the guys that created that feeling with the legendary M16 in the first Modern Warfare.

At close to medium range I have one bursted people but I think you need a headshot. I agree though that the carbine is better in all situations but I enjoy burst fire weapons so I have been using the hemlock a ton.

I don't have a solution but I think Respawn needs to re-think the Campaign concept.

It's really difficult to find the people to run the Campaign already. In a month? Forget it.

Last night I sat in an endless cycle of finding players, reverting to prior campaign mission, finding players.

Just as you'd start to find players the oldest ones would give up and quit. Continuing the cycle.

After about 15 minutes I quit.

How are people supposed to unlock the other two Titan frames?
This is true. Perhaps give players large XP bonuses for replaying the campaign. Something like 1.25x/1.5x/2.0x XP.

Camp Lo

Banned
I've uninstalled Titanfall. It's become impossible in recent days to find an evenly balanced match. Every game I join, there is like 2 Gen3s, 2 Gen2s on one team and no players who have regenerated on the other side. Every game I join, one team wins handily, and because the teams are not mixed up between rounds, that team continues to win handily. It's become extremely frustrating having to exit back to the lobby all the time to try to find a game with evenly matched teams.

Damn, that's pretty extreme. I would suggest if you reinstall to stick with Hardpoint in only defense mode. Pick a point and maintain it, that way you don't have to worry about anyone else and you'll MVP every time.

I've been doing that since I regenerated and I love it.

Has Respawn mentioned adding a different color to identify members of your Squad / Party like they have in Battlefield and COD?

Right now it is kind of difficult to identify where your friends are once you get moving.

I would love this feature and am disappointed its not in the current game... same with naming of Custom Classes

The Cowboy

It seems (to me at least) that the Carbine was meant for close to mid range, and the Hemlock was meant for mid to long range - they are quite similar weapons and the burst is very clearly meant to make it the easier to use weapon at longer range shooting. The thing is, the Carbine has great recoil control and damage, and bursting it yourself at mid to long range is just as good (if not better due to being able to single shot) than the Hemlock with the added bonus of using it full auto in close range fighting.

What I think needs to happen is: The Carbine needs a recoil adjustment to make it worse at range yet still a great close to mid range weapon, whilst the Hemlock gets a damage boost making it a better mid to long range weapon.

Camp Lo

Banned
This is true. Perhaps give players large XP bonuses for replaying the campaign. Something like 1.25x/1.5x/2.0x XP.

Then what would propel people to regenerate? It's only incentive are meager XP boosts which don't come close to compensating the losing of all your weapons.

I'm so salty I regen'd

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What I think needs to happen is: The Carbine needs a recoil adjustment to make it worse at range yet still a great close to mid range weapon, whilst the Hemlock gets a damage boost making it a better mid to long range weapon.
Totally agree.

Also, if anyone out there is realizing they're having a really hard time in Classic matches, I encourage you to go back into campaign. Help populate some of the matches, and the average skill level is noticeably lower, which gives you a chance to familiarize yourself with the maps a bit more and work out your playstyle improvements with a little less stress. Last thing I did before bed was a couple of matches of campaign after some mediocre performances in the variety pack and I did so much better.

Granted I sort of wish people above Gen 2 wouldn't play campaign (they're clearly just looking for easy kills)...

Karl2177

Then what would propel people to regenerate? It's only incentive are meager XP boosts which don't come close to compensating the losing of all your weapons.

I'm so salty I regen'd

Extra custom classes like MW2 did(I don't remember if the original MW did as well). Something like odd numbered regens get an extra Pilot slot and even numbered regens getting another Titan slot.

E92 M3

Are you sure you weren't on party chat? That would work.. Regular chat doesn't work with kinect according to them on titanfall

Well, I was in party chat.

On another note - seems like I'll be stuck on this gooser thing forever :( Sigh. So close yet so far. This challenge seems like the one that is most out of my control.

Ummm... big no... definitely no... are you crazy? Just get a headshot if you want a 1hk. Go play COD if you need the shorter ttks :p

Hemlock is pretty good as is imo.

Blu10

More like parties of 3 or more need to be matched up against other parties, which obviously isn't happening now.

I'm fine with that provided it doesn't extend my wait to find other players. If it doesn't find a quick match it should go into the all players grouping, which is how I think it works now.

Agreed. The Hemlock, G24A and sniper are difficult to use and too easily substituted. The shotgun is overpowered. I'm okay with the range and damage but the damn thing fires too fast. Lowering the fire rate I feel would balance it out.

Longbow is easier out of the 3, but yeah, they are almost worthless for this game. It sucks... I honestly think the Hemlock should at least be more accurate when not zoomed.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
with only 6 players per side matchmaking is even more relevant.

IMO this game is broken until they fix that.

I can't seem to rank up because I'm constantly getting my butt kicked by higher ranked players. In the dozens of games I've played, I've had a positive k/d perhaps 3 times. I really enjoy this game, but I can't help but feel the same way I did playing COD. Like the game creates these lobbies designed to make some players hero's and others cannon fodder.

TrueGrime

I had to rage quit a lobby where the other team had four dudes with the same clan tag and were G2, G3, G4, G5.

I'm level 47 right now and those last few levels are pretty slow. I'm running out of big challenges. Also I think people are getting better at titan fights. I can get creamed pretty quickly when I used to dominate fairly decisively in them. Maybe I should switch to Ogre.

I don't understand rage quits in multiplayer games. If I'm having a bad match I just sigh and leave the game.

Does leaving in the middle of a game net you a loss in some shape, form, or way?

The Cowboy

With the Carbine being available it makes the Hemlock not very good, this is because the Carbine is better than the Hemlock at every range. I don't think it quite need a buff to 1 burst kill (on non head shots), but it does need a slight damage buff and the Carbine does need a slight accuracy nerf to make it a more valid weapon to take.

Simply put, right now if you want to use a Hemlock style weapon, your better off using the Carbine - tap firing will produce the same effect as the Hemlocks burst for mid range attacking, you get better ranged accuracy due to being able to single shot and you also get better close range attacking due to the full auto.

The Hemlock isn't a bad weapon on its own, but with the Carbine being an option and being as good as it is now - it makes the Hemlock pointless.

Lima

Ummm... big no... definitely no... are you crazy? Just get a headshot if you want a 1hk. Go play COD if you need the shorter ttks :p

TTK is already only a couple more ms than in COD. The Hemlock should be in line with that. Two bursts to kill is too much in a direct firefight because a carbine user will kill you in the time between bursts.

I like the weapon because I'm a sucker for burst weapons which is why I mentioned the M16 from MW.

I'm merely questioning the existence of the Hemlock because there is absolutely no scenario where I would pick it over the carbine.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
imYlBNyyam0mW.png

bwU4r.gif

screencap that playtime

Agreed, I've found success with it along with the G24A. Shocking to see several people complaining about the Hemlock, but I can understand the issues with the G24A. Sometimes it feels like I'm lighting people up but it's not doing anything..

The hemlock is not terrible I use it all the time but the problem is the carbine is better in just about all situations. Maybe they could nerf the range of the carbine a bit and give the hemlock a higher fire rate you can't burst it all that fast.

I have put like 4 or 5 bursts into a guy at long range only for him to hose me down with the carbine and win the gun fight. The hemlock is really good if you can consistently hit headshots so it feels rewarding to use.

f0nz0

So last night it finally hit me... If I want to be competitive in titanfall pc I need to use a kb/mouse.. I been using the wired 360 controller..this sucks.. I really havent used kb/mouse since early tf2 days... it just seems like I have to re-learn or "recalibrate" my fps skills... ADS seems awkward to me with a mouse and using the shift key to sprint has my pinky in an awkward position...

But seeing these kill cams with dudes tracking me like crazy while I'm jumping from wall to wall tells me the controller won't cut it.. Damn you consoles and your comfortable input devices

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So last night it finally hit me... If I want to be competitive in titanfall pc I need to use a kb/mouse.. I been using the wired 360 controller..this sucks.. I really havent used kb/mouse since early tf2 days... it just seems like I have to re-learn or "recalibrate" my fps skills... ADS seems awkward to me with a mouse and using the shift key to sprint has my pinky in an awkward position...

But seeing these kill cams with dudes tracking me like crazy while I'm jumping from wall to wall tells me the controller won't cut it.. Damn you consoles and your comfortable input devices

Well two things that may not make it so bad, shift to sprint is a toggle, so you only have to hit it once you don't have to hold it down.

And ADS can be switched to a hold instead of a toggle which I prefer since you can just push both mouse buttons down together in a spastic situation.

The amazing thing about the keyboard layout of titanfall is that it uses a very specific block of keys: QWERASDFZXCV and R F V are "tap once" keys, like reload, nade throw and titan drop mean while more "spammy" keys like C for kick, E for use, and Q for tactical ability are based close to your WASD movement keys. It's an extremely comfortable set up.

Bydobob

using the shift key to sprint has my pinky in an awkward position...

Funny you should say that, I had to stop playing last night night due to the RSI I've developed from Titanfall. The game is that good I can play for hours and hours without realising. Anyone recommend autorun? I'm thinking it might be the way forward.

TTK is already only a couple more ms than in COD. The Hemlock should be in line with that. Two bursts to kill is too much in a direct firefight because a carbine user will kill you in the time between bursts.

I like the weapon because I'm a sucker for burst weapons which is why I mentioned the M16 from MW.

I'm merely questioning the existence of the Hemlock because there is absolutely no scenario where I would pick it over the carbine.

I did have a look at a chart with gun stats (I can't find it in history atm).

I think the hemlock already is at higher damage per shot with longer range, meaning hemlock will definitively win at longer ranges due to damage drop off.

dankir

with only 6 players per side matchmaking is even more relevant.

IMO this game is broken until they fix that.

I can't seem to rank up because I'm constantly getting my butt kicked by higher ranked players. In the dozens of games I've played, I've had a positive k/d perhaps 3 times. I really enjoy this game, but I can't help but feel the same way I did playing COD. Like the game creates these lobbies designed to make some players hero's and others cannon fodder.

Farm grunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom