• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulSancheezzee

Neo Member
Question on generations... I'm 11k XP away from level 50 on the first Gen. When I hit 50, will I be able to immediately hit the button for Gen 2 or do I have to grind more XP before I see that option like all previous cod's were?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Question on generations... I'm 11k XP away from level 50 on the first Gen. When I hit 50, will I be able to immediately hit the button for Gen 2 or do I have to grind more XP before I see that option like all previous cod's were?

As soon as you hit 50, the regen button is available.

In what ways do you show up on the enemies radar? Shooting w/o suppressor obviously....

Throwing ordinance?

Having an enemy pilot see you? Shoot at you?

Can grunts spot you?
I'd like to know this too. It's rather exciting having to figure all this stuff out again for a new game lol - too bad there are no private matches though..
Double-tap X and you don't even have to pull out the detonator with RB.
That detonates the Satchel, double-tapping X? Pretty slick.

Kyzon

I'd like to know this too. It's rather exciting having to figure all this stuff out again for a new game lol - too bad there are no private matches though..

That detonates the Satchel, double-tapping X? Pretty slick.

You only show up on radar when firing unsupressed guns, or when burn cards make you pop up.

I think (but I have to check to be sure as I may have had a card) that you pop up for a sec upon spawning as well.

SoupyFlow

Banned
So I got a pinched nerve in my neck and unless I am at work, I have been trying to avoid sitting at desks.

But I have Titanfall on PC and I really wanted to play it.

So just as a test I ended up hooking my gaming PC up to my projector (that I normally only use for movies) and I wanted to try playing Titanfall with my PS4 controller. Well I have NEVER played a FPS on PC with a gamepad, but Titanfall feels GREAT with a gamepad.

I thought I would not be competitive, but I still end up in the top 3 most of the time.

Yes I know gamepads are normally inferior to mouse and keyboards and I am normally a mouse and keyboard gamer.

Anyone else play on PC yet use a gamepad?

BraXzy

My Collector's Edition arrived today. It looks real pretty :3

q6F04MA.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I got a pinched nerve in my neck and unless I am at work, I have been trying to avoid sitting at desks.

So just as a test I ended up hooking my gaming PC up to my projector (that I normally only use for movies) and I wanted to try playing Titanfall with my PS4 controller. Well I have NEVER played a FPS on PC with a gamepad, but Titanfall feels GREAT with a gamepad.

I thought I would not be competitive, but I still end up in the top 3 most of the time.

Yes I know gamepads are normally inferior to mouse and keyboards and I am normally a mouse and keyboard gamer.

Yes. I heavily suggest using Bumper Jumper Pilot as your control layout and re-running the training to get used to jumping on LB. The controls are wondeful.

I'm fairly convinced that Attrition is the only true way to play this game. I like the extra emphasis it puts on grunts.

Yep, it is pretty clear the designed the game around attrition, every other variant is basically attrition with something.

I disagree in a big way. I think the main mode in the game is capture the flag. Attrition is just an introductory mode for a TDM-lite match. CTF actually uses every aspect of the game. Wall running, saving momentum, execution of the advanced movement, holding tactical areas, using titans completely for both guarding and using. IMO they were making a CTF game but wanted to appeal to the average COD TDMer. Everything is best in CTF imo, even the maps themselves :)

Zafir

They really dropped the ball on the campaign. On PC my friends and I can't even find people for the IMC campaign missions, and I need to do them to unlock the Ogre. :/

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I disagree in a big way. I think the main mode in the game is capture the flag. Attrition is just an introductory mode for a TDM-lite match. CTF actually uses every aspect of the game. Wall running, saving momentum, execution of the advanced movement, holding tactical areas, using titans completely for both guarding and using. IMO they were making a CTF game but wanted to appeal to the average COD TDMer. Everything is best in CTF imo, even the maps themselves :)

Yeah I agree, CTF really feel like the games "main" mode. In general though I think Titanfall lends itself better to objective based gameplay since there is so much more you can do with it, so it's a little disappointing that there are only two objective based game modes.

I would have liked to see something unique and interesting.

Etnos

Banned
They really dropped the ball on the campaign. On PC my friends and I can't even find people for the IMC campaign missions, and I need to do them to unlock the Ogre. :/

I own both version, and yeah... either PC population is to low.. or PC players are just not playing the campaign. Getting campaign matches in the xbone version is no problem thou.

Its 2 week in and I'm already having problems to unlock the Ogre. Wondering what new players gonna do in 6 months for now.

A majority of bad games over the course of five days =/= a few bad games. The matchmaking is screwed up, and it's exacerbated by not mixing up teams between rounds. It's not so much a "ragequit" as a "poorly designed game quit"

I wouldn't mind mixing teams as long as parties are never broken up, although I don't even know if the PC version has parties. All I do know is that it shouldn't be hard to play on the same team as my friends. Mixing can be as annoying as having to hunt for a more balanced match. The real solution to your problem is just to start playing with friends so you're not playing with scrubs.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wouldn't mind mixing teams as long as parties are never broken up, although I don't even know if the PC version has parties. All I do know is that it shouldn't be hard to play on the same team as my friends. Mixing can be as annoying as having to hunt for a more balanced match. The real solution to your problem is just to start playing with friends so you're not playing with scrubs.
The solution is to bring back Mercenary playlists or, alternatively, party-only playlists.

Also, does anyone have a link to the Titanfall friends list Google Doc? I can't find it in the OP.

jediyoshi

I liked an idea I read on reddit about having something like a daily bonus for completing a mission in campaign.

Archpath1

I had a weird idea for after campaign, like dark souls that Forrest guild, that comes in to fight other players, you pick a side, and are called into battle to fill up lobbies, you get extra xp for joining

Shawsie64

Banned

Couldnt agree more, it really feels fantastic on the Dual Shock 4 on PC. Im consistently in top 3 also so I cant see it being a disadvantage.

Izuna

Banned
Nearly Gen 8, that's my stopping point until my coursework is done. Might take me an extra month to get the final two, but I'm happy never-the-less.

Woo-Fu

Banned
There is camping to camping thou.. I played a lot of Hardpoint Gen 1 and Gen 2 and truly enjoy it, because I was still traversing/parkouring the Hard point area.

Now with the satchel challenge literary, you need to hide and watch your charge till someone steps in it, which is as I said the Anti-Titanfall experience, no fun.

You're doing it wrong. You don't camp and watch the charge. You run to the next point if that is what you like doing and when you see an enemy burn on the point where you left the charges you blow them by hitting E twice.

I'm past that challenge and stuck with satchel charges because I play about 95% hardpoint. They're just too useful to protect/clear points.

Basically, whenever the titan stops moving you can generally expect 1 of 3 things happens.

1. they are getting out of the titan, which should be apparent since the titan kneels down or something

2. they are using electric smoke, which doesn't hurt you immediately as it takes a few seconds before the electricity goes off damaging you

3. they are trying to psyche you out, which actually works quite often in my experience.

I think the smoke's a cheap tactic. I rather you have to get out and engage, being aware of your surroundings and skillset, rather than deploying some smoke and waiting for it to kill me. And sometimes it's hard to tell whose smoke is whose, or what's exactly causing you damage, when you're on a titan that's engaged in combat.

I think the smoke's a cheap tactic. I rather you have to get out and engage, being aware of your surroundings and skillset, rather than deploying some smoke and waiting for it to kill me. And sometimes it's hard to tell whose smoke is whose, or what's exactly causing you damage, when you're on a titan that's engaged in combat.

Honestly, I barely ever get kills with the smoke anymore. This is something I predicted in the beta. I said on these forums iirc that smoke over time would seem more balanced as more people got used to countering it. I remember in the beta if I used smoke while someone rodeo'd it was like a guaranteed kill every time cause people didn't know any better. Now people jump off pretty quickly.

I now sometimes use the smoke just to shake them off and I don't rely on it getting a kill ever. I use it to create some space to then flee hastily in my giant mech lol... I mainly have smoke equipped on some load outs just to stall titans from taking me out while I run the flag and sometimes hitting smoke right before I jump out to cap the flag (best use imo).

You're right about it being hard to tell whose smoke is whose.

Woo-Fu

Banned

I think rodeo is a cheap tactic. Who would leave a door like that on top of a titan that anybody could just pull open?

In other news quite a bit of rubberbanding on south central? US servers today. Wasn't just me, other people in the matches reporting it.

I disagree in a big way. I think the main mode in the game is capture the flag.

Bah, too campy. And too hard to coordinate in pubs. I suppose if I were on with a group of friends it would be more fun.

I just like the added strategy that grunts bring to Attrition, and how you need to balance your attention between them and the enemy pilots.

I think rodeo is a cheap tactic. Who would leave a door like that on top of a titan that anybody could just pull open?
I don't like rodeoing because it's such a high-risk play, and there are much safer ways to engage with and destroy Titans. I really only rodeo Titans that are already in a fight with other Titans.

And I equip Smoke on all but like one Titan Loadout. It's just too flexible and useful not to.

Gaz_RB

What's everyone's average ping?

In other news quite a bit of rubberbanding on south central? US servers today. Wasn't just me, other people in the matches reporting it.

I am, US West.

Izuna

Banned
Pilot Hunter is MUCH easier than Attrition. What I like most about the Gen 7 requirements is that I can play normally and complete them.

Jarlaxle

You can really wreck some havoc if you just rodeo titan to titan and don't even bother to finish off the titans, just freak the pilots out. So good with stim. Just hit and run all day.
I do enjoy rodeoing and then jumping off, waiting for the pilot to jump out and look around for me. Then they get back in as if given the all clear and then I'm right back on top of that MotherFucker.

I do enjoy rodeoing and then jumping off, waiting for the pilot to jump out and look around for me. Then they get back in as if given the all clear and then I'm right back on top of that MotherFucker.

I do the same thing from the pilot seat lol... exit, jump back in, exit, jump back in, exit, then randomly I don't jump back in right away and then I kill him. Musical chairs with titans.

Anybody noticing on the PC that if you turn on the Origin Overlay (Shift+F1) or if you lower the game, the game starts to freak out and get lower FPS with each time you do it?

The Cowboy

Whilst I still think the Hemlock needs a buff/tweak, man is it fun with an HCOG and the Starburst for short to mid range fighting, I just had a blast with these 2 add-ons + the active radar pulse.

I'll be sticking with this setup on it for a while I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom