• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

For those of you that have played the beta, is the game locked to 60FPS?

I have a 120HZ monitor and would love to utilize it for titanfall.

Freki

For those of you that have played the beta, is the game locked to 60FPS?

I have a 120HZ monitor and would love to utilize it for titanfall.

You could unlock it via enabling vsync ingame and disabling it in the nvidia control panel (I expect the same to be possible with the amd counterpart)

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I found the 120hz performance to be sort of lackluster during the beta. I have a 2gig GTX680 paired with an i7-3770k and 16gigs of ram and would see drops down into the 80s and 90s.

Freki

I found the 120hz performance to be sort of lackluster during the beta. I have a 2gig GTX680 paired with an i7-3770k and 16gigs of ram and would see drops down into the 80s and 90s.

For some reason TF has insane VRAM requirements - depending on the texture quality you chose the 2gig could have been a serious bottleneck.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I did set it to low for a few matches and didn't seem to have any effect, so I cranked it back to high. During the beta I just made the decision to run at 60hz which obviously was smooth as silk. I even tried insane textures on two rounds and never went below 60.

I am kinda regretting going with a reference 680 now, but I have an SFF case so I took the safe route.

noomi

Same as me, but I am running SLI 680's I would think even one would be plenty to run the game at 120fps. Even so, nvidia/amd will most likely release performance drivers prior to release to boost it even further.

1337Sauce

Might have a chance to secure a copy tonight/tomorrow morning. Would it even be worth it or are the servers not going to be up over the weekend?

Chettlar

Banned
Great OP!

That is beta though. Especially with nVidia you'll be getting drivers that mention Titanfall in the description within a month from now I would think, easily.

Amazon sent me my Origin code. Aw yiss!!! Ready to pre-load tomorrow.
tUTEGLh.png

lem0n

If anyone wants someone to play with on Origin, send me a friend request! I'm new to PC so I don't know anyone lol. Origin ID: r0ck3tbunny

Sorry if this was already talked about.

I just pre-ordered the digital deluxe on Origin. Along with the game and season pass, I also get three additional items Drop Pod 1-3.

Does anyone know what those are? Are they calling their DLC "Drop Pods", or is this some sort of fancy cosmetic drop pod for use within the game? I don't see the term Drop Pod anywhere on Origin.

wd40Eob.png

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
That is beta though. Especially with nVidia you'll be getting drivers that mention Titanfall in the description within a month from now I would think, easily.

Yeah, that might be something to be mindful of if we were talking about a 5 to 10 percent disparity but the performance variability I experienced was substantially more than that. Its why some people have 1100$ videocards and I have 500$ one.

I just pre-ordered the digital deluxe on Origin. Along with the game and season pass, I also get three additional items Drop Pod 1-3.

Does anyone know what those are? Are they calling their DLC "Drop Pods", or is this some sort of fancy cosmetic drop pod for use within the game? I don't see the term Drop Pod anywhere on Origin.

Yeah, pretty sure the "Drop Pods" are their way of saying "dlc maps".

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

wd40Eob.png

Those are probably the maps/DLC content included in the pass.

For some reason i'm not to hyped about Titanfall. I'm going to definitely buy it but I think I'm going to wait a month or 2. I still have quite a few games I want to finish and I haven't even started COD: Ghosts yet(might start it this weekend).

IronRinn

Don't know if it was mentioned but if anyone wants to drop $250.00 on the Collector's Edition, looks like Amazon has them in stock for all platforms.

For some reason i'm not to hyped about Titanfall. I'm going to definitely buy it but I think I'm going to wait a month or 2. I still have quite a few games I want to finish and I haven't even started COD: Ghosts yet(might start it this weekend).

Did you play the Titanfall Beta? All I know is that I played Ghosts on the Steam weekend after the Titanfall Beta ended and it seemed so slow paced and boring compared to Titanfall. You mean I can't run on walls? Fuck that! Where's my Titan?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
They've restocked the limited edition XBONE and PC versions at amazon and the microsoft store, get them while they're hot!

I'm going to try my hand at the launch event myself.

antitrop

Did you play the Titanfall Beta? All I know is that I played Ghosts on the Steam weekend after the Titanfall Beta ended and it seemed so slow paced and boring compared to Titanfall. You mean I can't run on walls? Fuck that! Where's my Titan?
Not only is it slow and boring, it's also incredibly frustrating due to the map layouts.

Not only is it slow and boring, it's also incredibly frustrating due to the map layouts.

Not only that, the maps felt closed off compared to Titanfall. Yes, Titanfall has the borders you can't go past, but it doesn't feel that way. It did feel that way playing Ghosts.

Ran Ran

Just preordered he Collector's Edition from Amazon. Didn't cost me the $250 because of gift cards but man it sure would have helped if they included the season pass with it.

The Cowboy

So is the season pass available for pre-order on its own on Origin (I may be blind as I can't see it), I really can't be bothered dealing with support to get a refund on my standard edition to then wait for the refund and then pre-order the deluxe version.

Milennia

Im coming from battlefield, so i had to adjust a TON since my last COD style/close quarters, fast paced shooter was MW2-black ops 1 and even then i played a fraction of what i have played in CoD2-4.

I do quite well, my battlefield 4 esports domination skill transferred surprisingly well.
I need to work on personal mechanics with all the new maps and weapons, just as everyone does.
Sticking to the general rule of thumb when i comes to shooters always provides results and its not different with Titanfall, if the beta had anything to say about it.

Map awareness/knowledge.

antitrop

So is the season pass available for pre-order on its own on Origin (I may be blind as I can't see it), I really can't be bothered dealing with support to get a refund on my standard edition to then wait for the refund and then pre-order the deluxe version.

Yup, $25. You save $5 getting the Digital Deluxe, though (60 + 20).

The Cowboy

Yup, $25. You save $5 getting the Digital Deluxe, though (60 + 20).

My issue is, I'd have to wait for the refund to process on the standard edition before I can pre-order the deluxe edition, so all thought a few $ cheaper - its kinda time wasting waiting for refunds and doing it all again (last time I got a refund of EA it took a few days to show up in my account).

They should have just put a deluxe upgrade on the site until release day for the $5 off ($20), so anyone who already got the standard edition could just buy the upgrade on its own, then at release they could up the price by the $5.

Making early adopters jump through hoops to get a refund then wait for refund, the redo the pre-order isn't fun - its kinda annoyed me to be honest, I want the season pass and have enough for it, but I'd have to wait for the standard edition money to go into my account before I could buy the deluxe version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom