• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Whilst I still think the Hemlock needs a buff/tweak, man is it fun with an HCOG and the Starburst for short to mid range fighting, I just had a blast with these 2 add-ons + the active radar pulse.

I'll be sticking with this setup on it for a while I think.
Ah I want to give that a shot, appreciate the rec. I really like the gun.

old

Rodeo is all I do after the titans come out. It's a rush wall running around the map with stim jumping on to titans from great distances. The pulling out the trusty old spitfire plus slammer combo. Average about 5 Titan kills in each match of attrition and I don't even call in my own Titan. I'm not regenerating for that very reason. I refuse to give that combo up.

Also because it was an absolute bitch unlocking the Titan weapon attachments that require Titan kills. Never again.

E92 M3

Man, this gooser challenge is souring my experience so much. I will not progress for so long because of the random nature this challenge brings. I hate to see myself not enjoying Titanfall as much as I used to because in the back of my head I just feel stuck :( :(

The Cowboy

So is Generation just for nerd cred? Because I'd rather just play with the weapons I want.
Pretty much, all it offers is a different logo with a bigger number on it - the only real bonus for it is having an XP boost, but that isn't really relevant as it just helps you get back to level 50 (in your new gen) quicker.

BraXzy

This is probably the best game I've had so far, and it was on the first day funnily enough, I just never got round to posting it.

vQgTRbt.jpg

Anybody noticing on the PC that if you turn on the Origin Overlay (Shift+F1) or if you lower the game, the game starts to freak out and get lower FPS with each time you do it?
I get it too, mostly just the Origin overlay or alt-tabbing does it. I can run the game through steam and it'll be fine, but the origin overlay has been destroying my fps lately for some reason.

So is Generation just for nerd cred? Because I'd rather just play with the weapons I want.

Yeah, it's just as pointless as Prestiging. People say, "it lets you try out new weapons and tactics," but if I'm already at the highest level and have all of the weapons, then what's the point? Unlocking weapons you already have?

E92 M3

Yeah, it's just as pointless as Prestiging. People say, "it lets you try out new weapons and tactics," but if I'm already at the highest level and have all of the weapons, then what's the point? Unlocking weapons you already have?

It's actually fun to regenerate and learn new techniques for the challenges.

Izuna

Banned
Kill 50 ejecting pilots. It's very luck and situational based. And now days people are not ejecting at all. It's VERY annoying. I only have fucking 2!

Damn man, make sure you are getting good enough space and letting others finish off your target. Gen 7 Challenges went by before I got to LV40 and Gen 6 was quite fun. Gen 5 is definitely the worst next to Gen 9, which of course is allowed to be annoying because it's the final one.

Oublieux

Kill 50 ejecting pilots. It's very luck and situational based. And now days people are not ejecting at all. It's VERY annoying. I only have fucking 2!

I would assume it's easier to do in Last Titan Standing as pilots frequently eject to help the team to victory.

So very close to finally getting the achievement for unlocking all weapons and attachments.

I learned a few things about some of the weapons in the process but definitely took a hit on my K/D ratio using all the poopoo weapons like the rifle and snipers.

Also, if I didn't have to hold off regenerating to get this achievement I'd probably already be a gen 3 or 4 pilot by now.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
So very close to finally getting the achievement for unlocking all weapons and attachments.

I learned a few things about some of the weapons in the process but definitely took a hit on my K/D ratio using all the poopoo weapons like the rifle and snipers.

Also, if I didn't have to hold off regenerating to get this achievement I'd probably already be a gen 3 or 4 pilot by now.

I'm waiting until the generation that'll have sniper challenge requirements. Kill two birds with one stone! Unless there is no gen requirements involving the sniper.

Myself and a cousin went through all the campaign again tonight to get the all wins achievements, annoying when you have no idea which ones you need but we worked it out.

Slowly warming up to this game but damn the framerate sometimes, also micro stutter or loading kicks in randomly and I have been killed in battle a few times because of it.

E92 M3

Damn man, make sure you are getting good enough space and letting others finish off your target. Gen 7 Challenges went by before I got to LV40 and Gen 6 was quite fun. Gen 5 is definitely the worst next to Gen 9, which of course is allowed to be annoying because it's the final one.

Yes, it's okay for final one to be annoying, but having this bullshit right in Gen 5 is balls. You know how much I love this game and this shit is just killing it for me. I've been trying all kind of strategies, it's just people aren't ejecting like they used to.

Yikes. I don't think I've gotten any of those. lol

Big pain lol.

I would assume it's easier to do in Last Titan Standing as pilots frequently eject to help the team to victory.

Tried that. People were doing the basic escape from the Titan without the ejecting. Also don't want to hurt my win % too much. Finally got it to 80% after bad initial few days.

I've found it easiest to get the eject kills with the Titan Chaingun.

It's what I am trying right now, but only been successful once. Most of the time they don't die but get hit strangely enough.

Rnr1224

ive completed all of the regen requirements for gen 3 so now i just have to get to 50. im actually progressing faster than i thought i would. guess the extra 10% helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom