• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

georly

You, you beat me :(. Dam me for reading the frozen thread in OT!.

Sorry :(

It's just a strategy guide, though. Not sure what the point is for a multiplayer game. Multiplayer strat guides are usually out of date after a few patches. Pictures of the maps maybe? I'm sure those are online somewhere.

It doesn't sound like something you would want to do. All you get is an icon and an experience bonus to level up slightly faster the next time around.

I don't mind some of the challenges but a fair few sound like a pain. I have never been one to play a game in a different style to my natural way to get an achievement etc.

I was getting on so well with the game and then my hard drive started to mess around so I have spent more time installing Windows, drivers and updates than playing this week. An arc grenade must have gotten into the workings.

Sorry :(

It's just a strategy guide, though. Not sure what the point is for a multiplayer game. Multiplayer strat guides are usually out of date after a few patches. Pictures of the maps maybe? I'm sure those are online somewhere.

I have already learned something I didn't know: crouching in a Titan to mimic getting out (mess with the pilot's mind!). TF domination awaits....

I have already learned something I didn't know: crouching in a Titan to mimic getting out (mess with the pilot's mind!). TF domination awaits....

I used to use this tactic quite a bit to good success but it seems more and more players have caught on to it. A lot of them just seem to wait for the hiss sound of the hatch opening now in my experience.

I started using the Smart Pistol, and it is fun as fuck if you like to wallrun and stealth on people. This is what the dark side feels like, isn't it?

Yeah, I tried it out last night, did almost as well as I do with the shotgun, so not bad at all. It's easy to get wrecked in a fair fight but there's a lot of nuance there.

Anyone else play on PC yet use a gamepad?

I've been playing with gamepad since the beta, pads are very much first-class citizens in Titanfall. I mostly want to get back into gamepad play so that Destiny isn't a complete shambles for a month or two
assuming it doesn't come out on PC
. But I'm really enjoying it, feels fabulously fluid, especially the wallrunning. I still play BF4 with a keyboard/mouse setup, after some trials with the controller, but I don't think I'd try it on Titanfall.

I used to use this tactic quite a bit to good success but it seems more and more players have caught on to it. A lot of them just seem to wait for the hiss sound of the hatch opening now in my experience.

Late to the party as usual...

I'll give it a go; I run with smoke these days anyway so this helps when my titan's brain is being shot.

BraXzy

I ordered this months Loot Crate which arrived today. It was Titan themed this month, it had some Attack on Titan stuff but also had Titanfall stuff.

The T-Shirt the dev team wear that gets given out at certain events was in it which I've wanted, it also has an Attack on Titan/Titanfall crossover art on a fridge magnet. Oh and a cool lanyard that is themed liked the Titanfall controller was supposed to come but it was missing from my box :(

AND on top of that it came with the e-Guide for the game by Prima which might come to some use, hopefully it has all the top down maps.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
iLJPliMpBOM3r.png
I have the same amount of time wallrunning at about a third of the time played. Why do you hate wallrunning so much? :)

cresto

I am enjoying this game a lot. I typically dislike TDM game types but with the titans running around, attrition is a ton of fun. I need more people to play with! I am on usually after 8pm MTN or 10 pm EST so people with mics who like to use team work should hit me up on XBO. GT: Pesky Feller

I just used "xbox record that" for the first time on this game. Such a great feature to use on such a fun game.
I'll probably be on a lot this weekend if you're down to play with some of my friends. We usually have a blast, blasted.

Same goes for anyone else if you want to join in. GT = UNKNOWN iXi

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I ordered this months Loot Crate which arrived today. It was Titan themed this month, it had some Attack on Titan stuff but also had Titanfall stuff.

The T-Shirt the dev team wear that gets given out at certain events was in it which I've wanted, it also has an Attack on Titan/Titanfall crossover art on a fridge magnet. Oh and a cool lanyard that is themed liked the Titanfall controller was supposed to come but it was missing from my box :(

AND on top of that it came with the e-Guide for the game by Prima which might come to some use, hopefully it has all the top down maps.

Is it too late to order this month's loot crate? I've never heard of loot crate before , but this month's stuff sounds awesome.

hey dudes I saw a video online that said you could "nuclear eject" at any time while rodeoing an enemy titan (like jump super high instead of just jumping off. This video said if you held the X button down on Xbox and pushed jump it would do that.

I have PC version. What does the X button do? is that melee or something?

hey dudes I saw a video online that said you could "nuclear eject" at any time while rodeoing an enemy titan (like jump super high instead of just jumping off. This video said if you held the X button down on Xbox and pushed jump it would do that.

I have PC version. What does the X button do? is that melee or something?

I don't think that works, but it is E on PC

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I see now following the thread back, I haven't heard of that trick, was just looking at the last question and I always think of X on the pad as the reload button.
The early levels go through so quickly. I'm having a problem with too many Burn Cards though. I wish the deck was just larger, or you could select which ones to throw out before you unlock a pack that tosses out all your rares on the left side of the deck.
You know you can discard them individually from your deck right?
yes but it makes the matches unfun!
Not if you're the one in the tian :>

Scanna

love the game, but I don't get the scoring...I do 4K1D games and I rank after people with 5K20D...only because I play a little bit stealthier than they do, that doesn't mean I've played worse, right?

depends on the mission objectives. Attrition, count minions and titan kills. Domination, count defence/aggression points. Pilot hunter, KDR I believe is the only factor. CTF is flag returned, flag captured

love the game, but I don't get the scoring...I do 4K1D games and I rank after people with 5K20D...only because I play a little bit stealthier than they do, that doesn't mean I've played worse, right?

Better score gets the higher spot. In hardpoint you could go 20:1 but you would still be under someone who captures more objectives than you.

Attrition is all about points, not kills so you need to just run around and kill grunts and hack turrets and shit.

Pilot Hunter is the real kill skill mode if you want to play the game more like a traditional TDM, in my opinion.

Scanna

Better score gets the higher spot. In hardpoint you could go 20:1 but you would still be under someone who captures more objectives than you.

yes, in Hardpoint, CTF, I get it, but in Attrition I don't care about this kind of reasoning. It's not automatic that more kills = better...ok I've got K/D to show it, but still...

yes, in Hardpoint, CTF, I get it, but in Attrition I don't care about this kind of reasoning. It's not automatic that more kills = better...ok I've got K/D to show it, but still...

If they get more kills (both grunts and human players) they get more points. The same idea carries over. You don't win based on K/D.

cresto

I'd like a "hardcore" mode there burn cards weren't allowed and there was no minimap. I'm fine with the health the way it is. Just think it would be a nice even playing field.

Reload

Didn't get to play at all last night. Feels wrong.

Popped on for a couple of games at half two in the morning to check out the smart pistol. So much fun.

I'd like a "hardcore" mode there burn cards weren't allowed and there was no minimap. I'm fine with the health the way it is. Just think it would be a nice even playing field.

I would definitely play this mode. Burn cards are cool but I feel like the base game could work without very well. The Active Radar Pulse would be such a useful perk, as well.

The Cowboy

I felt like the only one playing, and most likely was.
Yeah that's a very fishy looking match for hardpoint, I mean the person with 11 deaths and 0 anything really stands out. I'm not sure if its possible (with the current match making) but I would have guessed it was a boost match judging by the score and the fact that you seemed to have been the only IMC trying.

Nydius

WORST MATCH I HAVE EVER HAD IN A VIDEO GAME !!11!!1

1vJEknW.png

I'm going to guess you probably started out with a full team but lost people right off the bat. Then the game didn't repopulate your team until you were already way behind so people joined and left and the end result was that trouncing. =/

It really looks like player #4 and #5 on the IMC side didn't get put in the match until the very end. I so love being put into a match that's in the very final seconds of the Epilogue... /s

I'm going to guess you probably started out with a full team but lost people right off the bat. Then the game didn't repopulate your team until you were already way behind so people joined and left and the end result was that trouncing. =/

It really looks like player #4 and #5 on the IMC side didn't get put in the match until the very end. I so love being put into a match that's in the very final seconds of the Epilogue... /s

They were there from the start, I kept checking the scoreboard and thinking why are they at zero. Sucks but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom