• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Known and fixed in an upcoming patch.

Not likely that I'll get a response to this but what are the chances you guys would consider reworking sniper rifles to feel less uh boring to use? No one wants to camp in titanfall and the game moves too fast for people to want to use a sniper rifle.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I haven't watched the video, but to be fair, Generation Level isn't really a reliable indicator of skill.

Well the idea is, if your gen is higher you will have played more, so you're more likely to be better than some one who isn't even done with gen 1 and might still be getting used to the game.

I'd say after gen 2 then gen doesn't matter. But zero gen to me says "i'm still getting the hang of it. Unless you're level 50 at zero gen, then it's likely you just don't care about regenning.

Calmine

WORST MATCH I HAVE EVER HAD IN A VIDEO GAME !!11!!1

1vJEknW.png

Did some of those players join late or something? If not that is terrible. I've had about worse as well.

I did a Attrition match where I got more than half of the points on my team still lost and one team mate had like 10 deaths.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
So... I tried to get Shadowplay working, but I guess since I'm using a dedicated PhysX card it just crashes my whole system BSOD style. Then today I had a game where I really wish I was recording on Demeter. Working on my Gen 4 challenges right after unlocking the charge rifle... Going ham the whole match, goose a cloaked pilot amongst all other sorts of shenanigans... during the epilogue kill one guy in his titan outright since he thought he could get away without ejecting... goosed another cloaked guy from across the map. Then just as it's about to hit the warp drive I get a kill shot on the dropship taking out the remaining 3 players (there were 5) for the "I killed them all"... but uhh, aside from the +150xp or whatever it was there didn't seem to be anything to acknowledge it. No achievements in the Origin version? What's that about? In an EA published game no less?

Hopefully I get the achievement on Xbox sometime.

The Cowboy

Wow does Starburst make the Hemlock an infinitely better gun than before lol.
It really does doesn't it :D.

It changes it from a pretty underwhelming mid/long range weapon, into a very good short/mid range weapon (at least that's how I use it with Starburst).
-
Regarding the gens, do we get an icon at level 50 even if we don't gen up (the gen 1 icon)?.

So... I tried to get Shadowplay working, but I guess since I'm using a dedicated PhysX card it just crashes my whole system BSOD style. Then today I had a game where I really wish I was recording on Demeter. Working on my Gen 4 challenges right after unlocking the charge rifle... Going ham the whole match, goose a cloaked pilot amongst all other sorts of shenanigans... during the epilogue kill one guy in his titan outright since he thought he could get away without ejecting... goosed another cloaked guy from across the map. Then just as it's about to hit the warp drive I get a kill shot on the dropship taking out the remaining 3 players (there were 5) for the "I killed them all"... but uhh, aside from the +150xp or whatever it was there didn't seem to be anything to acknowledge it. No achievements in the Origin version? What's that about? In an EA published game no less?

Hopefully I get the achievement on Xbox sometime.
I think it needs to be a full game of 6 for it to count. Not positive though.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I think it needs to be a full game of 6 for it to count. Not positive though.

I couldn't find it listed under challenges or anything. But I did get some text about killing everyone myself with the XP bonus, so I figure I did the conditions, just that it doesn't count for anything on PC.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I would definitely play this mode. Burn cards are cool but I feel like the base game could work without very well. The Active Radar Pulse would be such a useful perk, as well.
I'd play that, among many other variations. Game is dying for Halo 2+ custom game capabilities.
Chugging around in an Ogre :

P12H441.gif

I'm liking the Ogre more and more, I use it as much maybe more than the Stryder.
Ogre isn't my style at all, I fell in love with the Stryder immediately... but it is damn fun every now and then. Really captures the sense of weight and that "I am become death" feeling
It really does doesn't it :D.

It changes it from a pretty underwhelming mid/long range weapon, into a very good short/mid range weapon (at least that's how I use it with Starburst).
-
Gotta try this... it's such a cool gun.

I agree, but this is how FPSs are these days. Sometimes you lose because of something someone did in a menu before the game began.
Never give up, never surrender.
After a while a g1 lvl 50 will become more rare than any regenerated lvl 50.
It's what I'm banking on ;]

Screw those Generations. I strongly dislike progression systems, so now that I found a game I really like that has one, there's little to no chance of me chasing that carrot all over again. One day I'm hoping that the industry will remove the RPG from FPS or at least keep them out of arena shooters
(curse you 343..).

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I think if you're at Level 50 after the game being out for as few days as it has, it's pretty wimpy to not regen. I can understand if you're not putting in a ton of time in the game... but if you're at 50 already, it's time to regen.

Well I'm only in my mid 30's and I don't get to play often , I don't think my particular frequency of play coupled with my skill level has enough wiggle room to lose all my unlocks and have to fight for them again while remaining competitive.

Anyone feel me?

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Well I'm only in my mid 30's and I don't get to play often , I don't think my particular frequency of play coupled with my skill level has enough wiggle room to lose all my unlocks and have to fight for them again while remaining competitive.

Anyone feel me?
Depends, are you level 50 already?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Regenning resets your favorite weapons so you can get burn cards for using them---due to challenges---all over again. On top of that you get the bonus packs again. I don't think I've found a Map Hack that wasn't from a bonus pack.

K quickscopes only bro. But really, a lot of dudes stay at level 50 because they know their stats will take a hit doing the challenges, those are the dudes I'm not impressed with whether they can take me 1v1 or not.
I don't remember saying anything of the sort, so maybe you shouldn't group everyone into that category. I could care less about my K/D even though it's probably pretty damn good. I'm looking for enjoyment and improvement when I play these games, not trying to unlock something over and over again because it's messing with my mentality, making me think I need to keep chasing an end. Progression systems form poor player habits, and as a result lower the quality of games.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I don't remember saying anything of the sort, so maybe you shouldn't group everyone into that category. I could care less about my K/D even though it's probably pretty damn good. I'm looking for enjoyment and improvement when I play these games, not trying to unlock something over and over again because it's messing with my mentality, making me think I need to keep chasing an end. Progression systems form poor player habits, and as a result lower the quality of games.

Yep, you don't care about your KD, but of course you make sure to mention that it's pretty damn good. Gotcha.

Strider + gigaton punch = beasting down other titans.

I did a regen just to say I did one, but having to use iron sights on the carbine again is annoying me, I feel so weak.

Yep, you don't care about your KD, but of course you make sure to mention that it's pretty damn good. Gotcha.
There's just no winning with you I see hahah. I literally have 0 clue what my K/D is, but I say that because I go positive most of the games I play.

Thanks for addressing the other things I said though. Good to know you can discuss things on a discussion board.

Gaz_RB

Man, I was hoping the server maintenance would have helped, but I'm still getting really bad network jerkiness from other players and grunts. Wish this had a network smoothing factor like BF4. That game is so smooth compared to this one, in that respect.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
WORST MATCH I HAVE EVER HAD IN A VIDEO GAME !!11!!1

1vJEknW.png

I actually had a 400-0 match before, which was pretty insane. The other team didn't even cap the point near their spawn and all went to B, and got killed off while someone rushed their point. All 3 points somehow got held the whole match.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
There's just no winning with you I see hahah. I literally have 0 clue what my K/D is, but I say that because I go positive most of the games I play.

Thanks for addressing the other things I said though. Good to know you can discuss things on a discussion board.

Ok, let's address your other points. I stated the specific type of player that bothers me. I didn't say that you were one. I didn't paint you with the same brush. Though as a blanket statement I think not regenning is kind of weak. As for whether it makes it a worse game to have it in there, that's debatable. I'd say know, especially in Titanfall since it forces you to vary your playstyle, and varied playstyles is a good thing in my book. Sure, sometimes you get doofuses going for certain challenges and completely sacrificing their performance, but to me that's still preferable to the game instantly settling down into using their favorite loadout exclusively.

And whether you personally don't like it or not, if you are 'protesting' by not regenning you're not making the game better. You're just avoiding the game the way it was designed.

Ok, let's address your other points. I stated the specific type of player that bothers me. I didn't say that you were one. I didn't paint you with the same brush. Though as a blanket statement I think not regenning is kind of weak. As for whether it makes it a worse game to have it in there, that's debatable. I'd say know, especially in Titanfall since it forces you to vary your playstyle, and varied playstyles is a good thing in my book. Sure, sometimes you get doofuses going for certain challenges and completely sacrificing their performance, but to me that's still preferable to the game instantly settling down into using their favorite loadout exclusively.
Thanks for actually responding this time lol. I understand where you're coming from with the varied playstyles, but in my case the bolded is not true. Variety is the spice of life after all, and I don't need challenges or a superfluous progression system to help me with that, especially when IMO I've seen it hurt matches more than help. I feel more people than you give credit for actually change their playstyles so drastically in that moment (game per game basis) just to see "Challenge Completed."

I'm not sure if you play Halo, but any Halo fan that's been with the franchise from early on can probably explain in detail the harm these types of systems do to games/gamers.

And whether you personally don't like it or not, if you are 'protesting' by not regenning you're not making the game better. You're just avoiding the game the way it was designed.
Not protesting, rather I don't find the need to grind through everything again when I just want to play the game with everything unlocked. I don't want to regen, get the urge to use a certain weapon/combination, then feel shitty for having to grind through it all again.. It's not my style. Sure the game was designed that way, but isn't that the beauty of games, not having to play them exactly how they're designed?

venne

I have no desire to regen. My only fear is that down the road they're going to raise the regen cap and actually give the upper levels some useful trait.

The only thing I worry about is running out of burn cards.

Do the come randomly as well or are they tied to challenges and leveling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom