• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know you can discard them individually from your deck right?

I want to discard the cards I get after a match, not the ones in my deck.

For example, why would I ever want 5 sniper rifle cards? Especially if it means I am losing my Titan cards? I can't tell you how annoyed I was when that happened to me. Lost two Ogres and three 80 second off cards for stupid amped sniper rifles.

I mean, I use three cards per match, so it's not like I'm not using them. I'm just not using the "good ones" fast enough to have a deck that is constantly empty.

The only thing I worry about is running out of burn cards.

Do the come randomly as well or are they tied to challenges and leveling?
You seem to get a card every time you win or evac, at the very least. Everything else seems to be tied to challenges of some sort.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Thanks for actually responding this time lol. I understand where you're coming from with the varied playstyles, but in my case the bolded is not true. Variety is the spice of life after all, and I don't need challenges or a superfluous progression system to help me with that, especially when IMO I've seen it hurt matches more than help. I feel more people than you give credit for actually change their playstyles so drastically in that moment (game per game basis) just to see "Challenge Completed."
Well, a trying positive outlook on the state of the average player is always an uphill climb for me.
I'm not sure if you play Halo, but any Halo fan that's been with the franchise from early on can probably explain in detail the harm these types of systems do to games/gamers.
Didn't get into Halo beyond single player for the most part. A little over faux-lan on the original which was fun but it never really grabbed me. In it for the campaigns at this point. Own all of them... still need to play ODST, Reach, and 4... so uhhh... bit of a backlog situation there. Maybe I will try to hop on with 5.
Not protesting, rather I don't find the need to grind through everything again when I just want to play the game with everything unlocked. I don't want to regen, get the urge to use a certain weapon/combination, then feel shitty for having to grind through it all again.. It's not my style. Sure the game was designed that way, but isn't that the beauty of games, not having to play them exactly how they're designed?
Depends. How do you feel about someone going through something like Skyrim without touching any of the side content, just blasting through the main story. Sure, it's their money, their game, they can play how they want... but I'm still going to look at them a little funny ;)

Tawpgun

They need more tactical abilities for the titans. 3 is weak - and smoke is too useful.

I wish you could mix and match the different ones. ie you could sacrifice your defensive ability for another offensive one.

So instead of one slot being stuff like smoke, vortex shield, etc and the other one being Rockets and stuff you could choose for both of them to be rockets or have one smoke and one vortex shield.

This might break the game, but I do miss my vortex shield when running smoke... And half the time my rockets wont hit the target so fuckem.

ANOTHER THING

regarding Titan Health, I think unless you have that survivor perk for the Titan on, when you go into doomed state your titans health should deplete MUCH more rapidly and be effected by weapons fire much more. I wanna see more instances of being able to blow titans up with their pilot still in them rather then relying on having to punch the pilot out.

There should be a very real chance of dieing in your titan instead of the titan being a big tank you can easily eject from whenever you want. Either get your eject off in time with quick reflexes, or suffer the consequences.

Regarding regenning. I dunno if I'm gonna regen or not. Someone mentioned regenning is good because different playstyle, but it FORCES you to do those playstyles. When I have everything unlocked at level 50 I can choose whatever playstyle I want whenever I want, instead of having to unlock everything again. Last night I ran with the smart pistol for the first time, it was fun changing it up. Did some LMG challenges too.

When messing around with the smart pistol I just found out the cables on (forget the map name) can be used as ziplines. And then this happened.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...93&authkey=!ANPd_YtT_byN5WM&ithint=video,.mp4
forgot the smart pistol could do that.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Guys, I need plasma railgun tips asap.... This gun is awful.

Max out the charge every shot, go for criticals. Maintain large distance between you and enemy if possible. Dash in and out of cover since your mobility is otherwise limited in zoom/charge mode. Follow behind friendly titans and go for a kill shot when they get their shields down. It's not dirty... it's uhhhhh teamwork.

Ont

It is so liberating to play Titanfall after enduring all these modern FPS games with 'teamplay' that is forced upon players and 'realistic' - i.e slow - movement systems. Even if I'm placed in a horrible team, I feel like I can still get few flag captures or returns in because my abilities are not limited by some draconian movement system.

Burn cards like map hack can make some situations really unbalanced but when I look back in time, some of the best games were unbalanced as hell so I don't really mind that here.

I just hope that they won't ruin this franchise by immediately releasing another game, they should support this game the next few years with a longer term DLC plan and allow the community to grow in peace before splitting it with another release.

The only thing I worry about is running out of burn cards.

Do the come randomly as well or are they tied to challenges and leveling?

Not sure, but I doubt they designed it so by the time everybody is regen 10 they stop getting cards. There's got to be a lot of other ways to get cards......

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Power through until you get 10 titan kills with it (you're gonna have to do a lot of kill stealing with it), I recommend using atlas + damage core for that gun also play a lot of LTS.

Once you get 10 titan kills I believe you unlock the insta charge rounds? Which fire rounds at 50% charge instantly which basically makes the gun usable under most situations.

Sometimes I feel like this game is trying to be Halo but in CoD settings. Some of the guns are cool in theory (Railgun, LMG getting more accurate the longer you shoot), but there's just no reason to use them because kill times are practically instant anyway, so you can pretty much use anything else and be just as, if not more, effective.

I like how it this game seems to be bringing Halo fans and CoD fans together though. It really has a good mix of both games, and then some (map traversal).

Mastamind

That gun is awesome, better than the quad rocket at least before you can unlock the single shot.

• Use the stryder.
  • Keep your distance.
  • Let your teammates get shot for you.
  • Charge up every shot, full charge does damage to armor even with full shields.
  • You can dash while holding the charge, use that as your way to move.
  • Use the stryder.

Tawpgun

Sometimes I feel like this game is trying to be Halo but in CoD settings. Some of the guns are cool in theory (Railgun, LMG getting more accurate the longer you shoot), but there's just no reason to use them because kill times are practically instant anyway, so you can pretty much use anything else and be just as, if not more, effective.

I like how it this game seems to be bringing Halo fans and CoD fans together though. It really has a good mix of both games, and then some (map traversal).

I'd play a game with titanfalls movement, no ADS, and higher time to kill. That seems like the GOAT. Being able to shoot while parkouring would be amazzzzing.

Don't every worry about running out of burn cards. I use 3 almost every match and have yet to run out. The game is designed to dole them out regularly.

Tawpgun

It'd be easier to communicate if you could tell who was who on the mini map and see friendly tags behind walls like you can in Halo.

They REALLY need to implement a change of color on the mini map to show people in your party.

HelloMeow

I'd play a game with titanfalls movement, no ADS, and higher time to kill. That seems like the GOAT. Being able to shoot while parkouring would be amazzzzing.

Shooting can be very effective while wall running and jumping. In the air it doesn't matter if you ADS and your hip fire spread is lower when you wall run.

With the C.A.R. and counterweight, it's amazing, but other weapons have their own advantages.

I would love to try out a Halo that has 2v2/4v4 with the classic formula, but BTB with the map traversal of Titanfall. Imagine playing like that on Headlong?

Could be slick.
It'd be easier to communicate if you could tell who was who on the mini map and see friendly tags behind walls like you can in Halo.

They REALLY need to implement a change of color on the mini map to show people in your party.
7wiFh.jpg

bigmac996

WORST MATCH I HAVE EVER HAD IN A VIDEO GAME !!11!!1

1vJEknW.png

I love hardpoint, but I get so frustrated with my team sometimes. It's when they're perfectly capable but ignore the rules and choose to turn it into their own personal deathmatch while the other team captures all of the hardpoints. People like that need to stick to attrition.

Tawpgun

Shooting can be very effective while wall running and jumping. In the air it doesn't matter if you ADS and your hip fire spread is lower when you wall run.

With the C.A.R. and counterweight, it's amazing, but other weapons have their own advantages.

It'd be better with a floatier jump. Right now jumping and ADS's is brutal, especially on console.

Shotgun/SMG Counterweight/Smart Pistol are the only ones who can be effective while on the move.

I've also been meaning to mess around with the smart pistol with the run and gun kit.

That gun is awesome, better than the quad rocket at least before you can unlock the single shot.

• Use the stryder.
  • Keep your distance.
  • Let your teammates get shot for you.
  • Charge up every shot, full charge does damage to armor even with full shields.
  • You can dash while holding the charge, use that as your way to move.
  • Use the stryder.

The bold is actually true with all weapons. The shields just reduce damage a lot. You still do damage when they are up if the weapon hits hard enough.

Okay guys, sorry to bring it back to the smart pistol stuff from earlier, but I need to record this moment for posterity.

So I'm not doing at all as well tonight as last night. Not on it at all, but whatever. I'm probably gonna go back to the shotgun though.

ANYWAY. This guy - oh man, this guy - is calling everyone gay for using the smart pistol and laughing at their scores in end game lobbies. He's just...he's so upset that it exists.

N5Xhoxq.png

I just wanted you all to see that. (I'm still giggling.)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can you change your name in Origin, or did he make a new account with that name and buy the game again just so he could emphatically represent his point of view?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

As soon as you get the attachment that shoots instantly, get it. Makes a world of difference. Waiting to charge that shit is only good if you are backing up another titan.

E92 M3

Fuck this gooser challenge. In the last days I only managed to get 3 more :( Why must they include this ridiculously luck based challenge. Now days barely anyone ejects anymore.

Okay guys, sorry to bring it back to the smart pistol stuff from earlier, but I need to record this moment for posterity.

So I'm not doing at all as well tonight as last night. Not on it at all, but whatever. I'm probably gonna go back to the shotgun though.

ANYWAY. This guy - oh man, this guy - is calling everyone gay for using the smart pistol and laughing at their scores in end game lobbies. He's just...he's so upset that it exists.

N5Xhoxq.png

I just wanted you all to see that. (I'm still giggling.)

Clearly the best option is for everyone to add him and play with smart pistols

RoKKeR

Getting an incredibly annoying glitch on XB1 right now where I automatically just look straight up when not touching the right analogue stick. Anybody else?

Izuna

Banned
So attrition is 300 now instead of 250 on Xbox one, I haven't played today yet - is this also active on PC?.

What are your talking about? It's still 250.

Also how many people use female characters? I have always done. I hate that the male IMC look so much like Grunts when they use the Carbine.

I really like Gen 6, 7, and 8 challenges. 9 will be a bother because Snipers, but man, all complaints aside now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom