• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hostiledrunk

Neo Member
I need some Gaffers to play with. I suck, so if you do too, add me!
Xb1 UncleSatan08
I really need some cool peeps to play with.

I didn't know where to put this so I hope this is cool.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Defense points nerfed from 75 per tick to 25. Defending the objective not the obvious best choice in Hardpoint now.

Yeah, but the weapon cards are the worst cards. I'm always tossing those first. Vanilla weapons are more than deadly enough.

Amped smart pistol and amped shotgun are both nice cards. There are plenty of worse cards that I discard.

The Cowboy

Is this a server thing? EU doesn't have this yet, and I don't really want it...
Attrition really needs an increase IMO, the matches are just to short at 250. Its weird that your saying its still 250 where you are, yet it is 300 for some people - very strange.
Defense points nerfed from 75 per tick to 25. Defending the objective not the obvious best choice in Hardpoint now.
That's one heck of a nerf to the defence points as 75 seemed fine, I could have understood perhaps 50 points - but 25 is just silly IMO (I really hope they rethink this one).

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I'm starting to really dig the accelerator, it's pretty nasty. Burn down shields with that then hit them with a cluster missile

Izuna

Banned
Attrition really needs an increase IMO, the matches are just to short at 250. Its weird that your saying its still 250 where you are, yet it is 300 for some people - very strange.

That's one heck of a nerf to the defence points as 75 seemed fine, I could have understood perhaps 50 points - but 25 is just silly IMO (I really hope they rethink this one).

It's only for EXP and MVPness...

I need some Gaffers to play with. I suck, so if you do too, add me!
Xb1 UncleSatan08
I really need some cool peeps to play with.

I didn't know where to put this so I hope this is cool.
You can add me if you want, I don't care if you suck. And looking at your name, you're alright in my book hahah

GT = UNKNOWN iXi

The Cowboy

It's only for EXP and MVPness...
I know, but its something that helps you level and I just think 25 XP is far to low for actually defending a point (which is a big part of this mode), especially when you consider how much you get for taking a point over. At 25 XP for defending I'd be more inclined to let the enemy take over the point instead, just so I can take it over again and get the much better XP.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I know, but its something that helps you level and I just think 25 points is far to low for actually defending a point, especially when you consider how much you get for taking a point over.

Seems like they want us to just run in circles taking and losing points.

The groups I've played with up till now have been taking 2 points and holding them so we always know where the other team is coming from. We'd leave them the 3rd point intentionally so they wouldn't respawn just anywhere.

Now that you get far fewer points for defending it might make sense from an Exp standpoint to just flip the points over and over until the end of the round.

Izuna

Banned
I know, but its something that helps you level and I just think 25 XP is far to low for actually defending a point (which is a big part of this mode), especially when you consider how much you get for taking a point over. At 25 XP for defending I'd be more inclined to let the enemy take over the point instead, just so I can take it over again and get the much better XP.

I don't really think people levelling over Hardpoint is a good idea anyway. Besides, you get SO much EXP from Challenges anyway it was always negligible what you got from Hardpoints.

E92 M3

Hmm interesting on the point nerf...anything else? I haven't played much lately due to frustrations. Hope they nerf gooser lol.

Hmm interesting on the point nerf...anything else? I haven't played much lately due to frustrations. Hope they nerf gooser lol.

What was reduced? attrition being 300 instead of 250 is a good change, have to say I never noticed it change.

Oh defense points? used to be 75 right?

Woo-Fu

Banned
I don't really think people levelling over Hardpoint is a good idea anyway. Besides, you get SO much EXP from Challenges anyway it was always negligible what you got from Hardpoints.

I don't think 3000/round---before any boosts---was negligible. I'd pop Fast Learner once my Titan was ready then hold a Titan-accessible point for the rest of the round, killing anybody who tried to dislodge me. Serious points.

It is great to see balance changes this early into release, though.

E92 M3

What was reduced? attrition being 300 instead of 250 is a good change, have to say I never noticed it change.

Oh defense points? used to be 75 right?

Yes used to be 75. Didn't know they increases attrition.

Up for playing tonight? I have to grind wins for Gen 8

Sure ill be home from dinner soon.

They should really lower it. Make it 25. Still annoying enough then.

25 will more than enough. Fucking challenge lol.

Bracket

Just got this game yesterday. I'm having fun, but CTF is out of the question without teamwork. Anyone down to play some time? I have a mic.

Feel free to add me (PC/Origin): Sundull

JayEH

Has anybody else been experiencing extreme lag the past few days. It seems like every time I'm in a lobby, every body has lower than a 5 bar connection.

Oozer3993

Just hit level 50, though I haven't regenerated yet. I would have gotten there sooner, but I grew so attached to the R101 that I never used anything else, therefore hindering myself challenge wise. So it took me nearly 20 hours. Only played Attrition as well. After regenerating, I'll start trying out different weapons and modes.

fp59VHx.jpg

Izuna

Banned
Just hit level 50, though I haven't regenerated yet. I would have gotten there sooner, but I grew so attached to the R101 that I never used anything else, therefore hindering myself challenge wise. So it took me nearly 20 hours. Only played Attrition as well. After regenerating, I'll start trying out different weapons and modes.

Ah I miss seeing a KD that high, ever since Gen 3 I have been playing in very stupid ways trying to get the challenges done.

E92 M3

I shot someone with the plasma rail and it didn't count. :-(

I had a few not count :(

To be honest after I got about 25 the rest came very quickly. It is a difficulty curve rather than a grind.

I don't know if you noticed, but lately people have not been ejecting or using camo when they do so. It's such a fucking huge frustration. You know how much I love the game, but this one challenge is ruining it for me.

Probably sound like a broken record, but feeling like I won't make progress on my generations for what could be months is very disheartening.

Montresor

I'm close to hitting 50. I don't want to regen because I want to get the "Unlocked All Hardware" achievement.

I'm close to unlocking every pilot weapon's attachment. I just need to get a few more kills with the smart pistol and the second sniper.

How many hours of Last Titan Standing do you think it would take to get the 20 Titan kills for all the Titan weapons? BLERGH!! I've only done 20 Titan kills with the Chaingun and around 8 kills with the Arc Cannon. I have a lot left...

Izuna

Banned
I had a few not count :(

I don't know if you noticed, but lately people have not been ejecting or using camo when they do so. It's such a fucking huge frustration. You know how much I love the game, but this one challenge is ruining it for me.

Probably sound like a broken record, but feeling like I won't make progress on my generations for what could be months is very disheartening.

It won't count if you exit the mission before it ends. I say this with the Rodeo kills, freaked me out when I had like 7 and they all disappeared.

Remember if they use Auto Eject you should be able to make it consistent with the Arc Cannon, make two loadouts and see what kind of opponents you are up against.

Montresor

Given some of the challenges people are bitching about in this thread that doesn't sound too hard. It's no "Mile High Club" from COD4 :)

Wut. Mile High Club is difficult yes, but it's not a bullshit grindfest like some of the challenges and achievements in Titanfall. Mile High Club is for a short 60-second level. If you lose, it's because you fucked up, plain and simple. Meanwhile in Titanfall they want you to spend your whole life playing the game. The 50 wins per game mode is a bit much. Ditto with the 50 ejection kills they want you to do for Gen 5. It's a long tedious process and if you fail, or if your progress is significantly delayed, it's usually because of elements that are outside of your control.

rjcc

Server updates --

looks like they're nerfing the smart pistol, at least a bit.

http://www.respawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11898

3/21/2014 Server Changelog

Balancing adjustments and general changes
- The damage indicator from Electric Smoke is now much more noticeable
- Search Drones will now show up in Classic Modes of Angel City
- Arc grenade/mine effects no longer draw on friendly Pilots and Titans
- Lowered the point value of defensive actions in Hardpoint mode and CTF.
- Increased the score limit in Attrition
- Flag Return points reduced
- Flag Carrier killed points reduced
- Explosives detonated by Dead Man's Trigger are now slightly delayed
- Explosives detonated by Dead Man's Trigger now play a warning sound before exploding
- Slightly decreased the damage of the Smart Pistol when not locked onto a Pilot
- Slightly decreased the hip-fire accuracy of the Smart Pistol
- Certain Burn Cards could be exploited to give multiple uses
- Evac Dropships are now more responsive to Pilots entering them
- Hacking a Mega Turret will now restore it's health to full
- Cluster Missiles damage reduced against Evac Dropships

Bug Fixes
- Titan could become stuck in the position he lands in
- Auto-Titan wouldn't stand up until you embarked into it
- Several rare server issues restarting the game in to the lobby
- Pilot could end up out of bounds while rodeoing a Titan as it is destroyed
- Pilot could warp through certain locations when jumping off a Titan
- Rodeoing a Titan that has been doomed by your SMR could kill you
- Players being able to enter some geometry in Smuggler's Cove
- Titanfall will now give proper kill credit when it kills a Pilot embarking into their Titan
- Minions in Attrition now continue to spawn until the Epilogue begins
- Player couldn't hack a Mega Turret console
- Server would sometimes error when leeching a Spectre
- Hardpoints sometimes awarded defense score to players not near the hardpoint
- Rare issue when ejecting from a Titan
- Server would sometimes error after a match while returning to the lobby
- Double XP burn card sometimes not being applied properly

The Cowboy

Balancing adjustments and general changes
- Lowered the point value of defensive actions in Hardpoint mode and CTF.
- Flag Return points reduced
- Flag Carrier killed points reduced
- Slightly decreased the damage of the Smart Pistol when not locked onto a Pilot
I'm really not liking these ones at all, all defence points reduced? - why?. You get less for defending your flag in CTF, then you get less for killing the carrier who got your flag and then you get less when you return the flag? (I love playing defence in HP/CTF, but with these changes I might just change to going after the enemy flag/captured points all the time) - I really hope they change this back ASAP.

As for the SP, I don't get those changes at all - I just don't thing they are really aren't needed (I mean the hip-firing accuracy/damage certainly wasn't OP). Its a shame they didn't touch the shotgun/carbine (these do need a tweak downwards) and Hemlock (this needs a tweak upwards) - these needed adjusting a lot more than the SPs hip firing and non locked on damage.

I like most of the other changes (as long as deadmans delay isn't to much), but the above I don't like at all.

Also, not bloomin jump kick change/ajustemnt - this to me is easily the biggest tweak that's needed when it comes to attacking (more than the shotgun even).

TrueGrime

- Increased the score limit in Attrition

My favs right here.

E92 M3

It won't count if you exit the mission before it ends. I say this with the Rodeo kills, freaked me out when I had like 7 and they all disappeared.

Remember if they use Auto Eject you should be able to make it consistent with the Arc Cannon, make two loadouts and see what kind of opponents you are up against.

It's not as much as shooting them out of the sky (can do that with the chain gun; not good enough with the arc cannon for it), but the fact that less are ejecting and most use cloak now. Btw, I went on, but didn't see you online.

I'm really not liking these ones at all, all defence points reduced? - why?. You get less for defending your flag in CTF, then you get less for killing the carrier who got your flag and then you get less when you return the flag? (I love playing defence in HP/CTF, but with these changes I might just change to going after the enemy flag/captured points all the time)..

As for the SP, I don't get those changes at all - I just don't thing they are really aren't needed. Its a shame they didn't touch the shotgun/carbine (these do need a tweak downwards) and Hemlock (this needs a tweak upwards), these needed adjusting a lot more than the SPs hip firing and non locked on damage.

Very weird that they are lowering point values for various things. Doesn't really bother me, but still random. Is Respawn trying to dissuade camping aka defending? Don't use the smart pistol, so can't comment on those changes. Though, I do hate when weapons get nerfed.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Wut. Mile High Club is difficult yes, but it's not a bullshit grindfest like some of the challenges and achievements in Titanfall. Mile High Club is for a short 60-second level. If you lose, it's because you fucked up, plain and simple. Meanwhile in Titanfall they want you to spend your whole life playing the game. The 50 wins per game mode is a bit much. Ditto with the 50 ejection kills they want you to do for Gen 5. It's a long tedious process and if you fail, or if your progress is significantly delayed, it's usually because of elements that are outside of your control.

I never got that achievement lol. But I love FFA and winning 50 doesn't seem so hard to me, ymmv I suppose.

The Cowboy

Don't really understand the smart pistol nerf. It was already pretty bad in hip fire or ADS.
it was OK for hip firing/non locking damage, but it certainly wasn't OP in any way - considering certain other weapons (/cough shotgun /cough), its very strange that they nerfed something like this.

If this is the 1st weapon nerf, then I'm really not confident in when/if they'll adjust things like the shotguns midrange, the carbines long range, the hemlocks damage or the jump kicks insaneness. I mean the basically nerfed something that not one person (that I've seen) was complaining about (the smart pistols NON locked damage/accuracy) instead of nerfing something that loads of people are complaining about (the jump kick or the shotgun for example).
Very weird that they are lowering point values for various things. Doesn't really bother me, but still random. Is Respawn trying to dissuade camping aka defending?.
I would have maybe understood changing one of defence points amount for CTF (though I think they all where fine), but every single one of them? - its like they just want people always attacking/going for the enemy flag (if your after XP)

eek5

Damn. They already nerfed suicide bomber? I wanted to play around with it more once I unlocked that stuff on Gen2. It seemed pretty strong ..

probably too strong lol

I'm really not liking these ones at all, all defence points reduced? - why?. You get less for defending your flag in CTF, then you get less for killing the carrier who got your flag and then you get less when you return the flag? (I love playing defence in HP/CTF, but with these changes I might just change to going after the enemy flag/captured points all the time) - I really hope they change this back ASAP.

As for the SP, I don't get those changes at all - I just don't thing they are really aren't needed (I mean the hip-firing accuracy/damage certainly wasn't OP). Its a shame they didn't touch the shotgun/carbine (these do need a tweak downwards) and Hemlock (this needs a tweak upwards) - these needed adjusting a lot more than the SPs hip firing and non locked on damage.

I like most of the other changes (as long as deadmans delay isn't to much), but the above I don't like at all.

Also, not bloomin jump kick change/ajustemnt - this to me is easily the biggest tweak that's needed when it comes to attacking (more than the shotgun even).

My friend would always lead the scorebaord with like 2000 defense points a game in HP (mostly killing grunts according to him). Meanwhile I'd cap like 8 points and get kills on each cap and end up in 2nd or 3rd with ~1000 assault points. Seems like assault needed a buff rather than nerfing defense but whatever. My guess is that they wanted to even out objective "contributions"

I would have maybe understood changing one of defence points amount (though I think they all where fine), but every single one of them? - its like they just want people always attacking (if your after XP)

I think the thing is taht there are just more defensive opportunities than offensive so offense should be higher reward.. but that should have come by buffing offense rather than nerfing defense points IMO

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Am I the only one experiencing longer load times on PC?

It was fine yesterday, but now the loads take twice as long. It takes so long that I don't even get into the match until all the preamble stuff has already happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom