• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Objective points nerfed.

BibleThump.jpg

Izuna

Banned
It's not as much as shooting them out of the sky (can do that with the chain gun; not good enough with the arc cannon for it), but the fact that less are ejecting and most use cloak now. Btw, I went on, but didn't see you online.

Hey uh, I have been playing with Kyzon for a while, I even sent you an invite but yu were offline :[ oh noes...

E92 M3

it was OK for hip firing/non locking damage, but it certainly wasn't OP in any way - considering certain other weapons (/cough shotgun /cough), its very strange that they nerfed something like this.

I would have maybe understood changing one of defence points amount for CTF (though I think they all where fine), but every single one of them? - its like they just want people always attacking/going for the enemy flag (if your after XP)

Seems like it. Would be nice to have an explanation.

Hey uh, I have been playing with Kyzon for a while, I even sent you an invite but yu were offline :[ oh noes...

You must be appearing offline then =/ Too late now. I've very sleepy tonight.

All right, just got my new GTX 750 Ti, and I've got a quick question for other Geforce card users.

Is it better to force some settings through the NVIDIA Control Panel, or through the game? Also, are there any settings I need to know about in order to make the game run as smoothly as possible? It runs very well already with only a couple of dips every now and then, but I would like to optimize it as much as possible.

The Cowboy

Ugh, the search drones in angel city is something I actually hated to see in the campaign mode. They just sorta get in the way.
Yeah, I found them very annoying during the campaign and was glad they weren't in the standard modes - don't like this change either.
All right, just got my new GTX 750 Ti, and I've got a quick question for other Geforce card users.

Is it better to force some settings through the NVIDIA Control Panel, or through the game? Also, are there any settings I need to know about in order to make the game run as smoothly as possible? It runs very well already with only a couple of dips every now and then, but I would like to optimize it as much as possible.
I'd day force adaptive vsync, the in game one just isn't very good and adaptive (for me at least) seems to be the best vsync setting.

Sean

Banned
Limiting the XP earned from killing the flag carrier / returning flag doesn't make any sense. Those are two of the most important actions in CTF mode.

tauke

Still no update on autobalance? I hate match where you start out 3 vs 6.... (me in 3 of course).

Other than that, I'm fine with the changes except for the cluster missile do less damage to evacship. Love it a lot when need to take out evacship quickly and spamming it with increase damage core with 40mm cannon. WHY.

The Cowboy

Limiting the XP earned from killing the flag carrier / returning flag doesn't make any sense. Those are two of the most important actions in CTF mode.
That's it really, I can maybe understand nerfing the "standing around the flag" points, but returns and carrier kills?.

Mechazawa

Defense points needed nerfs. People who sit on objectives the enemy isn't even trying to hit and coming 1st on the team was fucking stupid.

Might've gone a tad bit overboard with it, though.

E92 M3

Defense points needed nerfs. People who sit on objectives the enemy isn't even trying to hit and coming 1st on the team was fucking stupid.

That's what I'm saying these changes are always overboard for some reason. Just something I've noticed with patches/nerfs/buffs in general.

Woo-Fu

Banned

Somebody successfully sitting on a point the enemy was actively attacking would have even more points. Don't really see the issue. Stopping the back-cap is pretty important to avoid getting pinched between 2 enemy points.

It did need nerfed, but only because it was giving too much, not because of what it was giving it for.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Not in attrition as i think the hacked A.I basically is more cannon fodder for the enemy. I could be wrong.

You get attrition points for hacking bots so it evens out.

It's pretty neat with the spectre card since they follow you like a group, but it isn't always worth risking.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I mean the basically nerfed something that not one person (that I've seen) was complaining about (the smart pistols NON locked damage/accuracy) instead of nerfing something that loads of people are complaining about (the jump kick or the shotgun for example).

You haven't been looking then. The dirty secret of the smart pistol was just how deadly it was direct fire.

I think it is GREAT that they're nerfing based upon the data they can see for every single match played instead of just "what lots of people are complaining about." Last thing we need is them paying heed to a vocal minority, particularly when that vocal minority doesn't even use the weapon/ability they're usually crying hardest about.

After all, they know how many people died to hipfire from a smart pistol, we don't.

rjcc

it was OK for hip firing/non locking damage, but it certainly wasn't OP in any way - considering certain other weapons (/cough shotgun /cough), its very strange that they nerfed something like this.

If this is the 1st weapon nerf, then I'm really not confident in when/if they'll adjust things like the shotguns midrange, the carbines long range, the hemlocks damage or the jump kicks insaneness. I mean the basically nerfed something that not one person (that I've seen) was complaining about (the smart pistols NON locked damage/accuracy) instead of nerfing something that loads of people are complaining about (the jump kick or the shotgun for example).

I would have maybe understood changing one of defence points amount for CTF (though I think they all where fine), but every single one of them? - its like they just want people always attacking/going for the enemy flag (if your after XP)

I felt like the damage of the non-locked on smart pistol was its best kept secret, and as a frequent user, possibly slightly overpowered. gotta see how much it's nerfed

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I guess I'm slowly being reminded of why I find PC gaming annoying at times. I'm running a defrag on my hard drive, and I suppose I need to run a chkdsk as well. I have no idea what could have happened between yesterday and today to kill my load times.

I'd move the game to my SSD, but 50 gigs is way too much unfortunately. :(

Typomancer

Neo Member
Can I use two Burn Cards at once? I had Double XP and the free Titan one.

Well you could use the free Titan card, kill yourself with grenades, and then spawn back in your now-available Titan with the double XP card active.

At least I saw a video of someone do that with a free Stryder and Map Hack immediately at the start of the game. Oh boy that must’ve been very painful for the other team.

Izuna

Banned
still 5, took like a week off to play some infamous and WoW again.

ill be playing again come monday.

I am a geek for saying this, but nearly being Gen 9 above you makes me feel awesome. Managed to balance Titanfall in with work and no sleep, so I ended up having dreams of getting to Gen 10 before you. Regardless, I am trying my best to make sure I don't buy FFX-2 which just popped up in PSN EU...

BTW Gen 6, 7 and 8 are probably the fastest in the game.

Mechazawa

These generation challenges are slowly souring me on the game. I can only use a weapon as bad as the default SMG for so long.

And the DMR for the next one. Christ.

eek5

Yeah defense is way low now. No one in my first full HPD game had over 450 defense points..

edit: Highest I've seen so far is 625

Milennia

I am a geek for saying this, but nearly being Gen 9 above you makes me feel awesome. Managed to balance Titanfall in with work and no sleep, so I ended up having dreams of getting to Gen 10 before you. Regardless, I am trying my best to make sure I don't buy FFX-2 which just popped up in PSN EU...

BTW Gen 6, 7 and 8 are probably the fastest in the game.

=p
i would have been there last week, tbh.
my return to WoW and all the complications it brings with it as well as infamous kinda killed any hope i had of playing constantly like i would have wanted to lol
i had like 4 people racing me, all of which have passed me obviously lol, feels bad man.

Roflobear

I gotta say, those burn cards that allow you to immediately call down a titan are amazing. Call one down at the beginning of a match and it really sets the tone for a game. Just went 11 kills and 0 deaths because of that

I gotta say, those burn cards that allow you to immediately call down a titan are amazing. Call one down at the beginning of a match and it really sets the tone for a game. Just went 11 kills and 0 deaths because of that
It really depends. I've seen someone on the other team call one. our team immediately grouped together and destroyed it right away.

Roflobear

It really depends. I've seen someone on the other team call one. our team immediately grouped together and destroyed it right away.

Oh that's a good point. I think the other team was a little more scattered and disorganized but yea, I guess it won't work as well against a more organized team

Nydius

Although I agree defense points needed nerfs and that this nerf is slightly overboard, you kinda sound like the guy who whined that I was "camping" a point.

The entire objective of Hardpoint Domination is to capture and keep the points. If no one is attacking a point and I'm the only one in the vicinity, why the hell should I leave it completely undefended to run off and try to attack some other point? It's not MY fault the other team is ignoring a point.

Why run around like a headless chicken leaving things undefended only to have to run back 30 seconds later when they finally DO get around to attacking it?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Am I really the only person who has extremely long load times tonight? I really don't know what it could be, since my other games are working as they did yesterday. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom