• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
killsteal2ysjbt.gif

Killstealer!

I'm sorry wtf? Either the CAR is stronger than I thought or you had some latency issues there, I have never shot someone so long and not had them die.

hawk2025

Am I really the only person who has extremely long load times tonight? I really don't know what it could be, since my other games are working as they did yesterday. :(

Oh God, yes.

I figured it was just me being impatient, but load times (xbox one?) Have been truly awful tonight.

hawk2025

I'll never have the achievement for killing the whole opposing team during evacuation, will I?

I guess the only real shot at it is hoping that everyone gets to the ship and you're the one that blows it up?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh God, yes.

I figured it was just me being impatient, but load times (xbox one?) Have been truly awful tonight.

It's terrible for me on PC. I basically can't load into the lobby at all between matches. It takes so long that I just get thrown into the next map, which also takes forever to load.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'll never have the achievement for killing the whole opposing team during evacuation, will I?

I guess the only real shot at it is hoping that everyone gets to the ship and you're the one that blows it up?

I rarely ever see a match where atleast one person isn't just in a titan fighting until the end. So in theory it seems like it, but even then that's insanely luck based.

I did almost have it once on Fracture, with a double kill from satchel charges laid near the drop point and a crazy spree where I got 3 more kills just shooting people jumping up, had to reload and got an assist on the sixth. Doubt I'll get that close again.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
While I struggle with interminable load times, I noticed that you don't get a burn card for successfully evacing now.

Nope, nevermind. Just got one in the next game. The loading is still atrocious though. :(

Card Boy

Banned
I get 70-110 Attrition points every match. How the fuck are people getting under 20 and have like 10 deaths with 0 to 2 kills? I'm not that good at online shooters.

KJ869

I dont know if this is new with the bug, or not. but if youre running less than desktop resolution, hitting sift+F1 for origin ui windows the whole game... Origin realy is...

Are there changenotes anywhere for this update?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I dont know if this is new with the bug, or not. but if youre running less than desktop resolution, hitting sift+F1 for origin ui windows the whole game... Origin realy is...

Are there changenotes anywhere for this update?
They're listed on the previous page. Basically nerfing the smart pistol and the explosive perk.

KJ869

cant understand the nerf on unlocked smartpistol. it was basicly useless previously allready when unlocked, at least in my experience. Earleier people didnt seem to play defence enought in hardpoint, now its just mad rushing.

Am I the only one experiencing longer load times on PC?

It was fine yesterday, but now the loads take twice as long. It takes so long that I don't even get into the match until all the preamble stuff has already happened.
Yes, been happening to me for past few days. There's a massive 100 page thread on EA help forum about same issue but so far there's no news. It's very frustrating when you miss your first drop and by the time you join your teammates have already capped the hardpoints.

Dabanton

Still no update on autobalance? I hate match where you start out 3 vs 6.... (me in 3 of course).

Other than that, I'm fine with the changes except for the cluster missile do less damage to evacship. Love it a lot when need to take out evacship quickly and spamming it with increase damage core with 40mm cannon. WHY.

Yep Cluster Missile was my go to for that. Bah

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yes, been happening to me for past few days. There's a massive 100 page thread on EA help forum about same issue but so far there's no news. It's very frustrating when you miss your first drop and by the time you join your teammates have already capped the hardpoints.
Well, glad it's not me. I was seriously wondering if I had a hardware failure somewhere.

I built a PC last week with an old crappy-near-death HDD and thought it was the hardware not the game causing the excessive load times.

The game was also stuttering a bit when I did eventually get into the game (having missed the drop) although I have a feeling that was the drive.

I'm sorry wtf? Either the CAR is stronger than I thought or you had some latency issues there, I have never shot someone so long and not had them die.

I am often having to unload a tonne of bullets (I am hitting the player from my viewpoint) yet it seems like I die when a bit of dust in the air brushes me.

So is there any negative side to not re-genning when I hit 50 for the first time? Is it really just some flair I get next to my name?

I have hit level 50 and will not be regenerating; it is just some icon next to your name. In fact having been in a team on last titan standing last night where a player was contributing sweet nothing-all as he was chasing some challenge to go up a level, it can take a jump. If this is what generating does then it can politely place itself up its ***.

Edit: I know a lot of the challenges can be completed with your own play style but it seems a lot could also cause a player to not contribute properly to a match.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I will say, I'm glad I went Gen2 because I really didn't like using the shotgun until I had to. It really is stupidly powerful.

That said, seeing the ramp up again, I'm not sure if I'll bother regening. They let the early levels come fast so that by the time you hit the 40s, you imagine that you will hit the cap far sooner than you probably would. It's a smart way to do the grind, and it makes it seem faster when you start getting an XP boost, but I think I'm ready to just hit the cap and then let it ride.

Yes generations can definitely go away. I just got out of several matches of last titan standing where players from both teams had colluded to help out with the gooser challenge. Actually they were straight out blatantly saying they were going for it.

Zeliard

Not a fan at all of that significant nerf to Hardpoint defense points.

Why reduce the incentive for your average player to actually sit on a point after capturing it? If you've captured a point and it's overrun in the next few seconds because you've gone off elsewhere, that isn't really helping your team. It's already hard enough getting people to play defense in team-based modes since it's a far less flashy role than attacking, but it's no less important and I find this disparity in feedback to the player to be questionable.

Why reduce the incentive for your average player to actually sit on a point after capturing it? If you've captured a point and it's overrun in the next few seconds because you've gone off elsewhere, that isn't really helping your team. It's already hard enough getting people to play defense in team-based modes since it's a far less flashy role than attacking, but it's no less important and I find this disparity in feedback to the player to be questionable.

While I do think that defending in hardpoint probably gave a slightly excessive amount of points, I agree with your general view. From the experiences I've had with other players, most people just treat Hardpoint as a glorified version of Attrition and these changes are just going to double down on that. Pretty disappointing.

Chaos

Can someone break down all the patch changes?

- The damage indicator from Electric Smoke is now much more noticeable
- Search Drones will now show up in Classic Modes of Angel City
- Arc grenade/mine effects no longer draw on friendly Pilots and Titans
- Lowered the point value of defensive actions in Hardpoint mode and CTF.
- Increased the score limit in Attrition
- Flag Return points reduced
- Flag Carrier killed points reduced
- Explosives detonated by Dead Man's Trigger are now slightly delayed
- Explosives detonated by Dead Man's Trigger now play a warning sound before exploding
- Slightly decreased the damage of the Smart Pistol when not locked onto a Pilot
- Slightly decreased the hip-fire accuracy of the Smart Pistol
- Certain Burn Cards could be exploited to give multiple uses
- Evac Dropships are now more responsive to Pilots entering them
- Hacking a Mega Turret will now restore it's health to full
- Cluster Missiles damage reduced against Evac Dropships

Also how many people use female characters? I have always done. I hate that the male IMC look so much like Grunts when they use the Carbine.
I use female characters cause I'm female. I'm not a fan of all the designs, but that wouldn't push me to using a male character. Never understood boys choosing the female option, or vice versa.
Server updates --

looks like they're nerfing the smart pistol, at least a bit.

http://www.respawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11898
Not sure how I feel about the objective changes. You want people to go after the objectives, and reducing the amount of points they get might discourage people from risking their K/D ratio. They'll only go after kills.

I like that Attrition has been upped to 300 points.

Nice update, instant dead mans trigger detonations was great for catching people off guard in point captures.

- The damage indicator from Electric Smoke is now much more noticeable
- Search Drones will now show up in Classic Modes of Angel City
- Arc grenade/mine effects no longer draw on friendly Pilots and Titans - much needed, very annoying, wow.
- Lowered the point value of defensive actions in Hardpoint mode and CTF. - slightly upsetting but needed.
- Increased the score limit in Attrition - good move, 250 was too low.
- Flag Return points reduced
- Flag Carrier killed points reduced
- Explosives detonated by Dead Man's Trigger are now slightly delayed - boooooo
- Explosives detonated by Dead Man's Trigger now play a warning sound before exploding
- Slightly decreased the damage of the Smart Pistol when not locked onto a Pilot
- Slightly decreased the hip-fire accuracy of the Smart Pistol
- Certain Burn Cards could be exploited to give multiple uses - no more free titan drops for you!
- Evac Dropships are now more responsive to Pilots entering them
- Hacking a Mega Turret will now restore it's health to full - it never did that already?
- Cluster Missiles damage reduced against Evac Dropships - was a bit too good, long as damage to titans is kept the same.

There should be some sort of reward for regenerating. An Icon next to your name isn't that great. Perhaps new pilot or weapon skins or something.

Kalm

Just got home and won't be able to play 'til I've slept :(

Did they cut back defensive scoring across the board or just the timed +75 for sitting on an objective?

I guess I'm fine with lowering the auto tick because the leaderboard results in Hardpoint usually didn't sum up the match properly. The guy with 1 kill and 15 deaths gets MVP because he picked off AI from our unassaulted, home hardpoint for the entire round?

There should be some sort of reward for regenerating. An Icon next to your name isn't that great. Perhaps new pilot or weapon skins or something.

Maybe in Titanfall 2 when they have more time and resources, I mean right now on some maps the pop-in is terrible on the xbox one along with the tearing and frame rate, add more to that pie and it's going to burst.

I use female characters cause I'm female. I'm not a fan of all the designs, but that wouldn't push me to using a male character. Never understood boys choosing the female option, or vice versa.

Not sure how I feel about the objective changes. You want people to go after the objectives, and reducing the amount of points they get might discourage people from risking their K/D ratio. They'll only go after kills.

I like that Attrition has been upped to 300 points.

I have chosen a male character as opposed to female as the grunt soldiers are all male. I know you stick out from grunts due to movement etc but I thought it might assist in blending in a bit more.

I agree about the points decrease; objective-based games need more incentive away from just killing and being killed. I often found that people played hard point too much like attrition (sometimes next-to-no offense / defense score). This isn't going to help.

It is good that attrition has gone to 300. It always felt like it was over just as it got going.

Yes this is what I was expecting. I am not going through a**-ache just for an icon. Too many matches this last day have been messed around with because players are chasing stupid challenges. Just for an icon and e-knob waving I guess.

E92 M3

=p
i would have been there last week, tbh.
my return to WoW and all the complications it brings with it as well as infamous kinda killed any hope i had of playing constantly like i would have wanted to lol
i had like 4 people racing me, all of which have passed me obviously lol, feels bad man.

Come back we have a lot of games left to play!

Heard someone rage about the SP nerf, hopefully I can still use it in Gen 9, I need 50 kills with the damn thing.

Are you going to stop playing after 10 :( ? Who will provoke me to play "one more time" until 3 AM anymore??

Yes, I find this change rather impulsive since it hasn't even been a month of solid data. Now instead of defending, I feel like people won't be capturing but just killing. I run into so many games where people just don't capture at all and I have to run around the map like a mad man. Obviously, this happens when I play with randoms, but it's still very annoying. I feel like it'll only get worse now.

Yes generations can definitely go away. I just got out of several matches of last titan standing where players from both teams had colluded to help out with the gooser challenge. Actually they were straight out blatantly saying they were going for it.

Not surprised - the most annoying and unfair challenge in the game. The skill requirement is dwarfed by the luck need for the stars to align and it only gets harder with each passing day as people get more aware.

I have chosen a male character as opposed to female as the grunt soldiers are all male. I know you stick out from grunts due to movement etc but I thought it might assist in blending in a bit more.
I doubt the effect is anything more than the barest of minimum. Though that is weird that all the grunts are male when there are female models in the game. Unless there are and I just don't remember seeing any female grunts.

I use female characters because I find their design more appealing in some games. Not here though because there are no female bots. So you're painting a big fat circle on your back saying you're a pilot.

I built a PC last week with an old crappy-near-death HDD and thought it was the hardware not the game causing the excessive load times.

The game was also stuttering a bit when I did eventually get into the game (having missed the drop) although I have a feeling that was the driveA.

No, the stutter is also because of server issues, nothing to do with your hardware. I have a brand new PC built just for this game and I get the stutter too. Even people with Xbone are experiencing same issue of either getting stuck at the spaceship loading screen or late dropping in matches.

Izuna

Banned
I doubt the effect is anything more than the barest of minimum. Though that is weird that all the grunts are male when there are female models in the game. Unless there are and I just don't remember seeing any female grunts.

There are no female AI. I pick female even though I'm male because it makes me feel like I can be spotted less, or have a smaller hit-box like Unreal Tournament.

That one cut scene in campaign where you drop in from the space station like an ODST, I wish some of the multiplayer matches started like that also instead of just jumping out of a plane.

Izuna

Banned
Are you going to stop playing after 10 :( ? Who will provoke me to play "one more time" until 3 AM anymore??

The way things are going I might be stuck with Gen 9 until May... I want to get Gen 10 before I go to Tokyo but that means neglecting my coursework even longer. We'll see, if not, we can play anytime I see you online as I stay up every night these days.

Maybe in Titanfall 2 when they have more time and resources, I mean right now on some maps the pop-in is terrible on the xbox one along with the tearing and frame rate, add more to that pie and it's going to burst.

Well, hopefully the next Titanfall won't be held back by the Xbox.

These generation challenges are slowly souring me on the game. I can only use a weapon as bad as the default SMG for so long.

And the DMR for the next one. Christ.

Dmr is good use the aog scope on it. I finished the dmr challenges in less than an hour and it's now a permanent class for me.

HelloMeow

I am only joining losing teams. Non stop.

It doesn't matter how well I'm doing. It's as if the game is trying to balance the teams by searching for the worst players and putting them with me.

ShowDog

I have a recurring problem where I'm aimed directly at someone to shoot them from about 10 feet away and I press the sticks too hard and attempt a jump kick despite mashing the fire button. And I end up jump kicking a guy way too far away and get shot in the face. Extremely frustrating when it happens. Anyone else?

Scottiths

Banned

It doesn't matter how well I'm doing. It's as if the game is trying to balance the teams by searching for the worst players and putting them with me.
Are you sure you are doing as good as you think? The only common denominator there is you.
Try playing with people you know.

This is exactly how it's been for me. I haven't been able to join a game in the past week where our side hasn't lost by 100+ despite myself having the best points on either team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom