• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this latest patch didn't allow mixing up teams between rounds? That's the thing really holding me back from playing more.

This is starting to get to me more too. When matchmaking fails - like it so often does - the game needs to recognize a blowout when it sees one and force a team shuffle for next round.

Carbine + silencer + active radar pulse =

mapiqie.png

The Cowboy

I haven't bothered trying the active radar. I just saw it and thought, "Meh."

I'll have to give that a whack later.
Its really very good, it has a great range on seeing things and lasts a decent amount of time. Paired with the quicker recharge and a good close range weapon like the shotgun for example (I like the hemlock with starburst myself), it becomes really quite powerful.

good use of active radar is activate it just before the titan door shuts when you enter your titan, you get to use the active pulse inside the titan until it drains like normal, good for a quick scout of the area.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Joining a game solo and getting dropped into the epilogue is pretty cool. Love it!

Not when you lose, I had this happen to me yesterday, the lamest shit ever.

Also, I'm halfway through gen 5, have not started the gooser challenge. I am so screwed.

Well, hopefully the next Titanfall won't be held back by the Xbox.

Wasn't the pc the lead platform? I mean, they started development on the pc first.

I'm digging the burn card where active radar is on until you die. Had a nice streak going with that and my acog carbine. Felt kinda like cheating...

Ironhorse

Neo Member
I have a recurring problem where I'm aimed directly at someone to shoot them from about 10 feet away and I press the sticks too hard and attempt a jump kick despite mashing the fire button. And I end up jump kicking a guy way too far away and get shot in the face. Extremely frustrating when it happens. Anyone else?

I have the issue at times during the heat of the moment, but in my case it usually happens during close quarter encounters as a pilot and ends up doing me a favor since the hit box for the the jump kick is so big, haha. Playing as a titan is another story, though, where I have been wasted because of a lost opportunity to keep firing rather than punching. I have been consciously making an effort to keep a lighter touch on the control sticks in order to remedy this problem.

Anyone think that we earn burn cards too fast? even using 2-3 per match I feel like I am always at the limit and it's annoying me a little.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Wow, you don't get jack for defending in Hardpoint now. Not only that but if you get killed while defending the other player gets more for killing you than you would have gotten for killing him. Seems kind of dumb. I don't want to run around in circles flipping the points the entire round.

I don't really see people using the hemlock much but I actually prefer it to the carbine tap tap with a headshot and your done. Starburst messes with the accuracy too much. Active pulse is now my go to. Its so effective to spot pilots and track them down. I don't think it shows cloaked pilots though. Depending on the map on Last titan standing I love Stryder With quad rockets and big punch. It feels so epic to do little hit and runs. 1v1 it works very well but you will have serious trouble if its just you against more than one without having a quick getaway strategy. You can tear the health and shields away with your rockets and maybe a big punch and then if you aren't being tore up by 40mm keep going. The trick to the stryder is never letting the shields go all the way down because it has little health.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Anyone think that we earn burn cards too fast? even using 2-3 per match I feel like I am always at the limit and it's annoying me a little.

Yeah, doing multiple challenges in a match will fill my deck up, to the point where it starts throwing away my titan cards. I Have had 10 titan cards just vanish thanks to my deck filling up.

you gotta make it a habit of having a lot of spaces free in your deck pretty much. I am actively throwing away duplicates, trying to make sure I burn 3 per match (very hard when some games you don't die lol).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, doing multiple challenges in a match will fill my deck up, to the point where it starts throwing away my titan cards. I Have had 10 titan cards just vanish thanks to my deck filling up.

you gotta make it a habit of having a lot of spaces free in your deck pretty much. I am actively throwing away duplicates, trying to make sure I burn 3 per match (very hard when some games you don't die lol).
Yeah, I feel bad throwing cards out, but what can you do? It's impossible to use them as fast as they give them out, especially if you constantly switch out guns.

I suppose at some point, once you complete every single challenge, you will run out of "easy" cards to get... but then you're into Jarmel territory.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I Have had 10 titan cards just vanish thanks to my deck filling up.

I don't see any reason to save burn cards. The way the matchmaking works now you're either owning or getting owned. Saving that special card to just barely turn the tide in a very close match just doesn't make sense.

Ditch the junk as soon as you get it, use the good stuff as fast as possible.

The main thing causing my deck to fill up is not dying for entire rounds meaning I'm using 0-1 burn cards a round.

Clydebink

Neo Member

I am starting to think of the burn-cards as player-lives. Each match, I get three lives. But then when I lose them all, I still get to play. My point is that I think the burn-cards are a clever design to increase investment in survival without removing incentive to play. In these terms, it makes sense that the limitation is not how many you earn, but how many you can use in a match.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just wish they let you choose which cards to discard when your deck is full and they give you like 6 burn cards after finishing a match.

biRdy

I am starting to think of the burn-cards as player-lives. Each match, I get three lives. But then when I lose them all, I still get to play. My point is that I think the burn-cards are a clever design to increase investment in survival without removing incentive to play. In these terms, it makes sense that the limitation is not how many you earn, but how many you can use in a match.

I love keeping the really good ones for Last Titan Standing as I almost always have the card throughout the entire match.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I don't see any reason to save burn cards. The way the matchmaking works now you're either owning or getting owned. Saving that special card to just barely turn the tide in a very close match just doesn't make sense.

The main thing causing my deck to fill up is not dying for entire rounds meaning I'm using 0-1 burn cards a round.

I wanted to save all of my titan burn cards and then for a couple of games go crazy :x

tauke

I didn't setup Shadowplay on my system but oh boy it is nice to coax other Titan player into shooting you when you're in a building -> ADS at their Titan for Titanfall -> Get them busy still shooting at you from same location -> TITANFALL CRUSH ENEMY TITAN (and the pilot inside too).

Managed to pull this off 4 times just now and one thing I learn, never stay still when hunting down pilot enemy in a building. Keep moving or risk getting crush by a titanfall.

I make it a habit to use a burn card right before the match start. No point in saving up burn cards if you collect more than what you can burn in a match.

Funny Glitch happened to me, instead of riding on a titan, i was riding on a pilot lmao :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a937yNgFOx4
hahah but you should've stayed on longer! For science!
I'm digging the burn card where active radar is on until you die. Had a nice streak going with that and my acog carbine. Felt kinda like cheating...
Yeah and imagine how they other players would feel had they known you were using it.. BUT HEY, random OP elements in games is fun right?!

;'''[

ShowDog

The problem with the burn cards to me is I have this urge to save them for an important game or moment... but every game is over so quickly there isn't really an opportune time to use burn cards. It's just boom boom match over guys. I wish they would come out with a longer lasting or slower paced mode, where there is actually a change for the tide to turn in a battle. And oftentimes I'll only die 3 times in a match so there's few chances to use a burn card anyways.

I think for this game to stay interesting long term they need to figure out how to make the matches feel more strategic. Titanfall is like vigorous sex that's over in 3 minutes every time.

Managed to pull this off 4 times just now and one thing I learn, never stay still when hunting down pilot enemy in a building. Keep moving or risk getting crush by a titanfall.
If you are using warpfall sure. There is a vocal warning if a titan is about to fall on you as well, so it's not like you can't dodge it at the last second if you dash.

Bydobob

For me it's only today. This is the best team I have had so far. Extremely frustrating.

7vTA9rH.png

Looks like a close fought game to me.

Agree with the general point though, the match-making system seems to over-compensate players on good/bad runs. I can regularly go on 10+ game winning streak in one lobby, then be on the receiving end of an absolute hiding the next. It's not always clear if you're playing well or crap. Can Respawn shed some light on how it all works?

Very happy with Attrition going up to 300, always thought the battles were over too quickly.

Wag

Is it true that Titanfall doesn't support SLI and crashes to the desktop when trying to run @ 4k resolutions? Because I don't want to invest money in the game if I can't run it.

I didn't setup Shadowplay on my system but oh boy it is nice to coax other Titan player into shooting you when you're in a building -> ADS at their Titan for Titanfall -> Get them busy still shooting at you from same location -> TITANFALL CRUSH ENEMY TITAN (and the pilot inside too).

And I thought crushing an enemy player with a Titanfall was satisfying.

HelloMeow

Looks like a close fought game to me.
The thing was, I joined halfway though. Luckily that was the last game that was incredibly lopsided I had today.
Agree with the general point though, the match-making system seems to over-compensate players on good/bad runs. I can regularly go on 10+ game winning streak in one lobby, then be on the receiving end of an absolute hiding the next. It's not always clear if you're playing well or crap. Can Respawn shed some light on how it all works?

Very happy with Attrition going up to 300, always thought the battles were over too quickly.
Whenever I am on such a team, I leave after one game (or sooner), because there is no team balancing/shuffling in between rounds. But it doesn't seem to matter, because I immediately join another losing team.

It can happen 10 times in a row, which makes it seem deliberate.

Tawpgun

There needs to be SOME kind of more incentive for regenning. I would do it for weapon skins, more custom slots, or even the ability to name your custom slots, which you should have been able to do anyway.

Tokubetsu

Satchels are pretty awesome, I took to using them in all my loadouts in Gen2. Not sure about the railgun though, I managed to not use it at all during Gen 1 and 2. :x

My advice for the railgun is to use the weaker but already full charged upgrade once you get it and then focus on poaching other people's titan kills. So kinda hang back in groups.

E92 M3

There needs to be SOME kind of more incentive for regenning. I would do it for weapon skins, more custom slots, or even the ability to name your custom slots, which you should have been able to do anyway.

It's fun to work on the various challenges. Though, yes, more customization would be nice.

Calen

I have a recurring problem where I'm aimed directly at someone to shoot them from about 10 feet away and I press the sticks too hard and attempt a jump kick despite mashing the fire button. And I end up jump kicking a guy way too far away and get shot in the face. Extremely frustrating when it happens. Anyone else?
I had this problem a lot, because I have a heavy hand on the sticks. I switched to the Evolved controller configuration (a lot like Bumber Jumper Pilot, except with melee on B instead of R3.) No more problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom