• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this problem a lot, because I have a heavy hand on the sticks. I switched to the Evolved controller configuration (a lot like Bumber Jumper Pilot, except with melee on B instead of R3.) No more problem!
Years of using GreenThumb in Halo have trained me to avoid pushing down the stick in those situations. You gotta use a light touch.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I've started to get really into all the little details of Titanfall. The maps are so densely packed, I'm really starting to feel the next-gen part. I just spent like 40 seconds admiring this weird chainless internal geared bicycle on corporate. Theres just so much stuff in this game. Lovin' it.

TrueGrime

Anyone check out IGN's Top 5 kills in TF for this week? There is an honorable mention spectre kill in it that's just dirty. Pretty sure if it happened to me I'd just rage quit.

Anyone check out IGN's Top 5 kills in TF for this week? There is an honorable mention spectre kill in it that's just dirty. Pretty sure if it happened to me I'd just rage quit.

Just watched it, that is the most bad ass specter ever.

I've started to get really into all the little details of Titanfall. The maps are so densely packed, I'm really starting to feel the next-gen part. I just spent like 40 seconds admiring this weird chainless internal geared bicycle on corporate. Theres just so much stuff in this game. Lovin' it.

The AI grunts have some good chatter to themselves too, if you were able to follow a squad around I bet you would get a few minutes of chatter unique to that squad, I also like how they talk about the pilots depending on what is going on such as saying "I hope that pilot got out of that titan safely" or "make room, pilot coming through" when you run past them.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I've definitely heard one of them lamenting about how they don't get jetpacks.

Also, on corporate.. if you get on the Giant tube that the spectres in manufacture go through and follow it all the way around behind the hammond building there is this really crazy section that has this green grid of lasers that shifts with your perspective. Its like you can't see the lasers right under your feet but you can see the lasers a few feet front of you and if you walk around it looks really cool.

I can't be bothered with it sometimes, I'm getting my ass handed to me now and I can't even be bothered to ride it out and stick with it like most multiplayer games. I'm not even getting the opportunity to kill folk, all seems to be shot in the back kills.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
There needs to be SOME kind of more incentive for regenning. I would do it for weapon skins, more custom slots, or even the ability to name your custom slots, which you should have been able to do anyway.

I believe the ability to name custom slots is coming; however, I do agree that there definitely should have been/needs to be other incentives to regen - customization in general would be the most obvious choice. Weapon, titan, and pilot customization seems to be one of the best things to lock behind the regeneration system.

Dueled with another titan. We're both in stryders, dodging and weaving. I almost have them doomed but I'm doomed first, I eject immediately because I was being barraged. While flying through the air, I sniped my opponent titan with the charge rifle and got the kill. Yaya! That was hot.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
We went on like a 3 hour win streak yesterday. Was pretty hilarious how we were mopping teams up.

Those are terrible, because I will tell myself "I will take a break or stop playing when we lose" and then we never lose.

I just saw this, and I am so submitting my clip. Had an amazing run in with a rodeo...er

Jito

Banned
Stacked and unbalanced teams are really starting to piss me off now, what do we know about any updates about matchingmaking and team balancing? So many matches were I'm then only regenerated pilot on my team and my teammates are brainless retards trying to play deathmatch in a domination match while the other team is made up of a few gen 2 or higher. Such terrible matches were my team just get butt fucked for 10 minutes.

Anyone think that the burst fire rifle has a rather steep damage drop off? you can kill in one burst up close but the moment an enemy is mid range it can sometimes require way too many shots, Would have thought a burst fire gun would accel at range over the carbine.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Stacked and unbalanced teams are really starting to piss me off now, what do we know about any updates about matchingmaking and team balancing? So many matches were I'm then only regenerated pilot on my team and my teammates are brainless retards trying to play deathmatch in a domination match while the other team is made up of a few gen 2 or higher. Such terrible matches were my team just get butt fucked for 10 minutes.

Thing about these objective style games, is no one communicating with eachother. Most of the time if I am playing with randoms, there are no mics. I feel like if you're not playing attrition or pilot hunter, you better have a mic because otherwise, there is no way to coordinate anything. Often times I am yelling at my team trying to tell them what to do because it is better than nothing.

I have about as many close games as I do blow-out games.

Jito

Banned
Thing about these objective style games, is no one communicating with eachother. Most of the time if I am playing with randoms, there are no mics. I feel like if you're not playing attrition or pilot hunter, you better have a mic because otherwise, there is no way to coordinate anything.

I don't have a mic but I type in text chat all the time and no one replies anyway, doubt communication is what's making our team lose it's the terrible matchmaking.

I have about as many close games as I do blow-out games.

Too few and far between for me and the close ones are because I've carried my shit team all game.

The Cowboy

Anyone else noticing a bit longer load times after the recent server update patch?, until today I was loading each map and getting in well before jumping off the ship, today I'm now just barely making it.

Also, the load time to connect to the data centre also seems to have increased by around 5/10 seconds for me.

HelloMeow

do not rodeo a titan and use your anti-titan gun :(

irPKVyxVst2qs.gif

Colombo

Yay I finally prestiged. I am really glad I am playing the game so much and it's been enough to justify to myself I bought an Xbox One for one game.

Anfony O

Man this infinite loop glitch is getting on my nerves. Had to switch to my 3g and went 200 Mb overboard. Any idea if EA is working on fixing this because this is really getting ridiculous.

Yep. The unfortunate side effect of this for me...and I'm guessing on lots of others as well...is now that I'm Gen2 if I join a match and I'm the only player on my team who has regenned but the other team is stacked with 4 or 5 Gen2+ players I simply quit immediately and search for another game.

I've seen quite a few really skilled players who havent regenned, but it seems like thats the exception not the rule. So, yeah, I've had my fill of trying to play with people who are clueless...tried to be patient and provide "leadership", but in this game it just doesnt work...its too fast paced and no one is on mics so its rare to have any sort of real coordinated strategy in any of the games. When most players run around like chickens with their heads cut off and the opp team is organized and skilled its no fun. I'm nowhere close to the tip top of the skill tree in this game, but I hold my own and play smart and play to my strengths. So, when this bad matchmaking stuff occurs I just quit and restart until I find a balanced number of regens on both teams. This doesnt guarantee a balanced game, but its a hell of a lot better odds than sticking with a team if tards who are a lost cause.

The Cowboy

I'm already tired of this game. Everyone just seems to use that stupid Shotty.
It is getting annoying, I don't mind shotguns in games but its feels like most deaths I have are from the shotgun. What I hate most about it is, when you watch a killcam and you get single shotted by quite a way out - though this isn't anywhere near as bad as putting a pull 5 shot burst directly into a pilot and then for them to magic leap and kick you to death.

I love the game, but these 2 things are really putting me off playing - its like playing shotgun + kick wars,
-
The shotgun is just to damaging and accurate at range (I have no issue with a close range one shots), it needs more spread or lower ranged damage.

Melee needs to be: close from behind = neck snap death, a bit away from a pilot in any direction = jump kick that hurts a bit and knocks you back, and close range any direction other than behind = knifed to death.

I'm already tired of this game. Everyone just seems to use that stupid Shotty.

The shotgun and jump-kick absolutely need to be toned down. I avoid using either simply bc it feels like Im cheating to get the kill. And when I die by either method it pretty much makes me feel like the opp player just stole a kill not by skill but by those weapons being unbalanced. I do have to admit I derive a little too much pleasure every time Im able to kill someone with my gun who is trying to super Chuck Norris flying jump kick me from across the room.

The shot gun, however, is nearly impossible to deal with at close range bc its instadeath..and as others have mentioned thats not necessarily the problem. The problem is the mid range instadeath. I think what they need to do is make the standard shotty damage spread out more rapidly beyond point blank range...take it down to half-way between normal and silenced. Head shots could still be instakill, but body hits would require a reload and a 2nd hit to kill.

E92 M3

It is getting annoying, I don't mind shotguns in games but its feels like most deaths I have are from the shotgun. What I hate most about it is, when you watch a killcam and you get single shotted by quite a way out - though this isn't anywhere near as bad as putting a pull 5 shot burst directly into a pilot and then for them to magic leap and kick you to death.

I love the game, but these 2 things are really putting me off playing - its like playing shotgun + kick wars,
-
The shotgun is just to damaging and accurate at range (I have no issue with a close range one shots), it needs more spread or lower ranged damage.

Melee needs to be: close from behind = neck snap death, a bit away from a pilot in any direction = jump kick that hurts a bit and knocks you back, and close range any direction other than behind = knifed to death.

The shotgun and jump-kick absolutely need to be toned down. I avoid using either simply bc it feels like Im cheating to get the kill. And when I die by either method it pretty much makes me feel like the opp player just stole a kill not by skill but by those weapons being unbalanced. I do have to admit I derive a little too much pleasure every time Im able to kill someone with my gun who is trying to super Chuck Norris flying jump kick me from across the room.

The shot gun, however, is nearly impossible to deal with at close range bc its instadeath..and as others have mentioned thats not necessarily the problem. The problem is the mid range instadeath. I think what they need to do is make the standard shotty damage spread out more rapidly beyond point blank range...take it down to half-way between normal and silenced. Head shots could still be instakill, but body hits would require a reload and a 2nd hit to kill.

What's wrong with the jump kick? I don't use it often, but it seems to be alright nothing to crazy. In terms of the shotgun, if the nerf it too much it'll be a useless weapon. It's already quite limited in terms of what that pilot can do with it. You guys watch, all of this complaining and it'll be nerfed so badly that it'll just become another weapon no one uses. I don't use it much anymore, but it's still nice to know there is a variety of weapons being utilized.

Secondly, I don't understand why the nerfed the SP in manual mode - it was initially weak.

Joined just as the last Pilot was ejecting for a 0-4 loss in LTS.

So that was fun.

I've said it a million times, how hard can it be to implement a system where games joined in progress doing count for wins/losses. IF we had that, no one would complain. Otherwise it's disingenuous to keep track of stats and the guys that play solo have to endure a JIP every other game.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Random Note... playing with gamepad in PC is perfect. I feel competitive and haven't felt hindered by it. Constantly rank in the Top 3 and MVP a few times. Nice Respawn, nice. Love the game.

-

Pretty much, yep. Most deaths by either feel cheap. What has happened as a result is I have had to modify the way I play in general. I would prefer to go balls to the wall more often just running n gunning...but I have zero tolerance for unrealistic/cheap deaths and wont utilize either the shotty or the jump kick unless Im forced to. So my play style has morphed to deal with all of the players who seem to almost rely exclusively on one or both tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom