• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's no different then any other competitive FPS.

That's complete nonsense.

In most shooters, there are many viable weapons in each class. Usually you have multiple options for assault rifles, your choice is up to playstyle but no clear superior gun. Not so in this game.

Snipers, single shot, and burst weapon don't even rate in this and our outclassed by the basic carbine. You have a single gun outclassing other weapon types even.

Game has a small weapon selection, and majority of the weapons are not worth it, that's pretty piss poor balancing. Games with far larger weapon selections also offer far more weapon options that are all viable for more playstyles.

People are missing out on the amazing SMG, then.

CAR is the superior SMG by a large margin. You don't need to use the crappy original one once you unlock it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't know how people can use that shotgun weapon. It's so slow and inaccurate. I played some really bad matches with that. But then I'm also still last place in about half my matches, which is a marked improvement.
"That shotgun weapon?" It's a shotgun! hahaha

It's best used surgically, one shot that counts once your target is past the distance threshold. If you have to take a second shot or start firing from a distance, either something has gone wrong or you're bouncing off walls, dodging and jockeying for the upper hand.

Coconut

Banned
That's complete nonsense.

In most shooters, there are many viable weapons in each class. Usually you have multiple options for assault rifles, your choice is up to playstyle but no clear superior gun. Not so in this game.

Snipers, single shot, and burst weapon don't even rate in this and our outclassed by the basic carbine. You have a single gun outclassing other weapon types even.

Game has a small weapon selection, and majority of the weapons are not worth it, that's pretty piss poor balancing. Games with far larger weapon selections also offer far more weapon options that are all viable for more playstyles.

CAR is the superior SMG by a large margin. You don't need to use the crappy original one once you unlock it.

I would love to play against you and prove you wrong. But my point is that there are the three weapons everyone uses and then the other guns that are very specific to certain play style.

I would love to play against you and prove you wrong. But my point is that there are the three weapons everyone uses and then the other guns that are very specific to certain play style.

Prove what wrong? That people aren't using other weapons or that other games don't have more weapon balance?

It's not an issue of the weapons being crap, it's that they are outclassed by other weapons that do multiple styles of play better. The burst and single shot weapons are pointless because you can do just as good with the carbine while having more versatility. What advantage they have? None really.

The Titan weapons at least show far more variety and understanding of having proper advantages/disadvantage trade offs.

antitrop

Relic is God-tier map and the R-97 is almost as good as the CAR, but if given the choice between the two, I will take the CAR every time.

I love Smuggler's Cove for Hardpoint, there's always crazy shit going down at B on there.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't know much of the standard R-97, but I will say the Amped one I get from time to time in a card is pretty beastly. Feels a little like a handheld chaingun. :p The CAR is a great weapon for sure.

fake edit: Thanks Dax!

Jito

Banned
Just joined and left 3 lobbies in a row were the other team was full of regenerated pilots and I was the only regenerated pilot on my team, "matchmaking" in this game is a joke.

antitrop

So here's how the Anti-Cheat works:

http://www.titanfall.com/news/we-hate-cheaters-just-as-much-as-you-do

Titanfall uses FairFight to detect cheaters on PC. Since the launch of Titanfall, we've been collecting data on people who are cheating on PC but not immediately enforcing bans. As of Friday, March 21st, that has changed and we have started banning cheaters in Titanfall.

We will be continuing to tweak the algorithm over time to catch more cheaters.

FAQ:

Q.) So what happens if I get banned?
A.) Great news: you get to keep playing Titanfall! Less-great news: you only get to play with other cheaters. You can play with other banned players in something that will resemble the Wimbledon of aimbot contests. Hopefully the aimbot cheat you paid for really is the best, or these all-cheater matches could be frustrating for you. Good luck.

lol

hoyalawya

I am terrible in this game. Any tips on how to aim better? I can spot other players fine but my shots seems to always miss them. This is on the Xbox BTW.

HoodWinked

here is the clip.

could be a coincidence of timing with destruction or that the ship was near the ground?

but it sure looks like it was the titan drop that sealed the deal?

Its definitely due to the titan drop, the ship was at half health + half shields which is a fuck ton of health. i think its related to having a friendly titan there as well. Its possible that the friendly titan did something funky with collision server side and did damage to the evac ship.

I am terrible in this game. Any tips on how to aim better? I can spot other players fine but my shots seems to always miss them. This is on the Xbox BTW.

try playing on a monitor, also try to get a feel of how the aim assist works, the key is to bring the target relatively close to your cursor before pulling LT it will sort of softlock on the target. also understand the range of your guns. for example the carbine is good in close and medium but at far you'll have to tap the fire button.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Okay yeah, some of these I still don't quite recognize or know well (have I even played a single match on them!?), but:

Colony is fantastic, absolutely brilliant for parkour with Stim. One of the coolest to stomp around in as a Titan too- great sense of scale.

Corporate is one of my favorites. The center area with the statue is epic for multi-Titan battles and firing Triple Threat grenades into the little tube corridor windows, oh, my word.

Training Ground is great, wonderful for CTF. It has the most deliberate "this is a map for a videogame, not a real environment" feel, but that sort of makes sense because of what it is too. The building features where you can be in the tunnels underneath the grating and shoot upward are lovely.

I actually really like Airbase, for whatever reason I perform pretty well in the hangars.

I don't feel comfortable with really any of the others enough (or even feel sure of which they are) to comment on how much I like them. This isn't because they are unmemorable or indistinguishable, but because of mechanical limitations:

1) When playing campaign it doesn't seem show the name... at all. The matches have mission titles ("Here Be Dragons!") and while these are fun and all I really don't need to be reminded of them on the loading screen so much as I do need to know the map I'm on.
2) I really like all the gametypes, but the playlists ensure I've never played on the same map twice in a row which would be a godsend for learning them
3) There's no way to just select and play on a specific map.

I would murder for the ability to just start a match that didn't count and run around the maps on my own or with friends. The controls are so amazing this would make for hours of fun for me in its own right, just getting to explore them at my leisure. Hmmmm sigh.

flippin brilliant

Last question before I take the plunge, holding off getting a new rig as long as possible and my current machine has:

intel quad-core Q9550 @ 2.83 ghz and an ATI 5770

Will I be ok running at 720p on medium settings or so?

Thanks!

nah controller is fine.

I feel like the KB/M people are finally starting to get used to the movement and controls of parkour stuff because I seem to be doing worse and worse everyday with controller, losing more 1-to-1 fights than I did in beta and first week of release. Although I expected this to happen at some stage.

The former.

Apparently being spotted by Grunts and Spectres will also cause a Pilot to light up on the minimap, all the more reason to avoid ground level.

Haha what? I mean they have a clear purpose in the game.

wat purpose? all they do is act as a distraction while a pilot kills u which is so frustrating. they are nothing but a nuisance and take away from titanfalls ability to be a true competitive multiplayer game

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I would murder for the ability to just start a match that didn't count and run around the maps on my own or with friends. The controls are so amazing this would make for hours of fun for me in its own right, just getting to explore them at my leisure. Hmmmm sigh.

Sometimes I get side tracked with exploring the maps that I forget about finding stuff to kill. Stringing together epic air moves is exhilarating, I would love for a custom mode to be added in.

Coconut

Banned
I feel like the KB/M people are finally starting to get used to the movement and controls of parkour stuff because I seem to be doing worse and worse everyday with controller, losing more 1-to-1 fights than I did in beta and first week of release. Although I expected this to happen at some stage.

That's crazy because I have yet to feel that way.

Jito

Banned
wat purpose? all they do is act as a distraction while a pilot kills u which is so frustrating. they are nothing but a nuisance and take away from titanfalls ability to be a true competitive multiplayer game

The purpose of bots is to mainly stop camping but also provide something to shoot at to get your Titan timer down or if you just suck at taking on pilots in Attrition. I think they also cap hardpoints if enough of them get there. Really though if you're getting distracted by them so much you need to pay more attention to what makes a pilot stand out, running, jumping, jetpacks, wallrunning, abilities etc.

hoyalawya

In attrition matches, the most pilots I ever killed as 14 and that was with a burn card that revealed all enemy positions. I usually get less than 8 in a match. I see some players get like 25-30 pilot kills consistently all the time. How are these people doing it. Am I really that bad?

In attrition matches, the most pilots I ever killed as 14 and that was with a burn card that revealed all enemy positions. I usually get less than 8 in a match. I see some players get like 25-30 pilot kills consistently all the time. How are these people doing it. Am I really that bad?

I just went 11-0 in an Attrition match. The other team was really bad though.

Sometimes you can get to a flank position where the other team is focusing on a different area of the map and you get like 3 or so kills in clusters a couple of times. I've done it quite frequently. Combine with Active Radar and it isn't too hard to see them try to find you after you kill them for another 2 or so kills.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Same logic as COD.
Go to high traffic areas. Don't camp, but move about the high traffic area.
Flank. Frag. Destroy.

I don't even have this game, yet.

88random

My record is 15, with 3 titans killed. But only 10 minions, I sometimes ignore them too much.

But my favourite was when I killed 8 pilots and 7 titans. My k/d is pretty average, but I'm very good at destroying titans, I usually have the most titan kills at the and of the round. And it's actually my favourite part of the game.

I've never seen anyone with so ridiculous number of kills. My record was 18 at pilot hunter and I think I've never seen anyone above 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom