• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B3N1

Fuuck, just did it yesterday. Ruined my whole playstyle, I constantly look up to the sky anytime someone ejects, not to mention, that I can't use any other weapon than the chaingun anymore. :)

The 'Brain Surgeon' is a bit tough too on Gen 6 as you have to wait for the rodeoed titan to blow up, or else you won't get the kill.

We are aware that some players have already completed the challenge or earned more than the new requirement. We plan to internally note those players so we can recognize their accomplishments in a future game update.

What does he refer by 'internally noting'?

WE all get messages with: 'Great job with Gooser V, GLHF!' ?

The Cowboy

http://www.titanfall.com/news/the-gooser-challenge

Its meant to be a challenge and 5 is nothing, its not a challenge at all now. I get that 50 was to many (for some people), but 5 is far to low and bordering on pointless to even have as a challenge. It should have been 25 IMO (maybe 20), 5 is in no way shape or form - a challenge.

Much like the points changes for defence in HP/CTF, they went from 1 extreme to the other (from way to much to far to little).

Hot damn, is Echo Vision overpowered.

QMkwvKm.jpg

http://youtu.be/TUlA_imR7YE

88random

Gen 2, lvl 20 something, 0 kills. Not that I really tried. I saw some guys do it like a surgeon with 40mm on youtube, good stuff. Chaingun seems like it would be the easiest. Maybe Plasma Railgun too.

nillapuddin

So because of hardware issues I havent been able to play til last night.

Played through the IMC campaign with a full party, half of the time we had really even competition, 1/4 the we got smashed, 1/4 we smashed.

First, horrible screen tearing while Im in the intro to each mission.

Second, wow, this game looks.. awesome!*

Third, this is alot of fun, like, alot alot of fun.

Fourth, the maps from the Beta might be the worst in the game (in a good way), I was thoroughly enamored with every successive level, way better than I was expecting

Fifth, the leveling structure seems fun, doubt I will ever regen though

*I have been reading about resolutiongate and blah blah for this game, I played Beta and it was meh, but damn, the amount of environmental variety, lighting effects, background movement, and just art direction in general completely makes up for the lack of fidelity in my opinion

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Any word on display fixes for the frame rate or adjustments to resolution yet? I've stopped playing the game because I don't want the issues to ruin it for me so was waiting for them to hopefully resolve these before jumping back in.

Jarmel

Banned
You guys will be rewarded and can show it off. I'm just so happy that I can be done with this stupid ass challenge! YES.

Dude, 5 is a cakewalk. I can pull 3 to 4 in a single LTS match if I'm remotely serious now, even if the other team is cloaking.

I liked the idea about Gen 10 being somewhat hard to get. 50 was always overkill but 5 is too easy. It's way too much of an overreaction and them sliding the scale all the way down.

At least I'm getting something out of the 15 hours I wasted learning how to snipe people after ejections, I guess.

E92 M3

Dude, 5 is a cakewalk. I can pull 3 to 4 in a single LTS match if I'm remotely serious now, even if the other team is cloaking.

I liked the idea about Gen 10 being somewhat hard to get. 50 was always overkill but 5 is too easy. It's way too much of an overreaction and them sliding the scale all the way down.

It's a dumb situational challenges that has too many factors out of the players control. People are playing differently now and not ejecting as much. I just want all challenges that are in my control. It was dumb, I understand you suffered through it, but you will be rewarded somehow.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
as someone who would before never have considered going that far in the gens in a million years, I can't say I mind it...

Jarmel

Banned
It's a dumb situational challenges that has too many factors out of the players control. People are playing differently now and not ejecting as much. I just want all challenges that are in my control. It was dumb, I understand you suffered through it, but you will be rewarded somehow.

There's definitely an element of luck to it but once you do it enough times, you really do get better at it. You get better at seeing when people eject, roughly the height they eject, how to spot them, how to time your shots, realize your own placement, and sometimes realize you aren't going to get that guy. It's a skill as well. The other 10 Gen I was hanging around with also picked up pace once he hit the 20s for the challenge.

Even now, I can pull 'Goosers' without trying too hard, compared to the first few times I tried when I was a Gen 5.

Good. Cakewalk is good. Particularly since I don't like LTS to begin with.

It's not even the most annoying Gen challenge. 100 wins for Gen 8 is much worse. Hope all you suckas like waiting in lobbies.

I've already shot 40 dudes out of the air and I'm only Gen 3, so I wasn't really worried about that challenge.

Killing Titans with the rail-gun on the other hand.... **** you Respawn, lol

Woo-Fu

Banned
It's not even the most annoying Gen challenge. 100 wins for Gen 8 is much worse. Hope all you suckas like waiting in lobbies.

I get 100 wins just having fun playing the game. Not a problem.

Matchmaking is pretty braindead, I'll give you that. It just stuck me in a hardpoint match where one team had 398 points.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I get 100 wins just having fun playing the game. Not a problem.

Matchmaking is pretty braindead, I'll give you that. It just stuck me in a hardpoint match where one team had 398 points.

100 wins for a single gen when you have a large XP boost probably just means you'll sit at 50 for a long time.

Woo-Fu

Banned
100 wins for a single gen when you have a large XP boost probably just means you'll sit at 50 for a long time.

And again I don't have a problem with that since it won't force me to use weapons or loadouts I don't like. If winning hardpoint matches with 40mm and shotgun was a problem I would already have uninstalled the game.

Izuna

Banned
No, I told myself, no no no, not to complain. Gooser nerf is good right? 25, 10... But 5? I mean, that makes Gen 5 faster than Gen 6 and 7. Gen 8 and 9 are now the new difficulty curve, rightly so I suppose...

I fear that 5 is too low, now no one will get the hang of it. Goosing is now part of my game and if it were 5 I wouldn't have benefitted from it. If anything, they could have shifted it to Gen 7 which had no challenge at all.

No, I told myself, no no no, not to complain. Gooser nerf is good right? 25, 10... But 5? I mean, that makes Gen 5 faster than Gen 6 and 7. Gen 8 and 9 are now the new difficulty curve, rightly so I suppose...

I fear that 5 is too low, now no one will get the hang of it. Goosing is now part of my game and if it were 5 I wouldn't have benefitted from it. If anything, they could have shifted it to Gen 7 which had no challenge at all.

Is goosing shooting people who ejected from their Titan or is it killing people while you yourself eject?

Is the Arc Cannon a good Titan weapon? Idk that I have ever used it. Is it like the rail gun where you have to aim to charge? Because I gotta say I fucking loved the rail gun when the game first launched but now that people actually know how to play, it's terrible. It only seems good for LTS on bigger maps where you can snipe Titans with it. If the Arc Cannon is the same... meh. About to regen, will give it a whirl later.

I am sure its been beaten to death but matchmaking in this game blows. I was in a lobby today where my team won a CTF 6-0, a Pilot Hunter 50-10, a Hardpoint 400-70something, Attrition 300-125, then another 6-0 CTF sweep to close it out. I wonder how many people have been turned off on the game by repeatedly getting hammered by much better teams with no balancing at all.

Atone13

That was pretty easy for me with Instant Shot on a Stryder in LTS, but I'm having a hell of a time getting Charge Rifle Crits in Gen 4. =/

Having the same experience now. Once I got the instant shot it was much better for the railgun, but I am having a hell of a time getting crit hits with the charge rifle lol.

That was pretty easy for me with Instant Shot on a Stryder in LTS, but I'm having a hell of a time getting Charge Rifle Crits in Gen 4. =/

I rack up assists with with the Rail Gun, but I never seem to be the final shot.

Last game I had 12, TWELVE Titan assists and zero kills, lol

Oh, and I hate the SMG, cause I'm more of a mid-range guy. I'm hoping to have those challenges done before I unlock the Hemlock at 29, cause I miss my baby!

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Went 4 and 8 in Attrition a few minutes ago, came in first place on my team. Looks like it's going to be one of those nights, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom