• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2San

Quick yes or no, am I screwed if I play this on PC using a controller as opposed to kb&m?
No handicap at all it's pretty much a level a playing field. I'm hoping we could get some stats that show if there is a difference between controller and kb/m and if so how big.

Coconut

Banned
This is a weird complaint but I wish the chat didn't reset at in the lobby. I like that it's the main way to talk a little trash and I enjoy it and reminds me of old quake days. But it sucks that it disappears after every game.

Invincibility bug. It's pretty rare so we have not figured out how to reproduce it yet, or we would fix it.

I've tweeted this out a couple times with no answer, maybe you know. Are we going to get friends leader boards and lobby leader boards to check out other peoples stats? And maybe Clan Tags to put up so we can represent our clans? I love this game, but those seem like simple things that should of been there from the get go.

antitrop

Boy, do I suck at getting Critical Hits with the Charge Rifle.

EDIT: Just had my best game of Attrition, yet.

KWCop2B.png

They are all a acceptable.

Doesn't seem so, since from the list info and kill cameras, the only weapons it seems anyone uses is the Carbine, CAR, or Shotgun.

The weapon balance in this game is pretty off, majority of the weapons are outclassed by the main three used weapons since they excel at what they do.

Alx

I've been getting good results with the SMG and the Hemlock... I think the only weapons I rarely see in the kill cams (and trust me, I get killed a lot :( ) are the sniper rifles.

Coconut

Banned
Doesn't seem so, since from the list info and kill cameras, the only weapons it seems anyone uses is the Carbine, CAR, or Shotgun.

The weapon balance in this game is pretty off, majority of the weapons are outclassed by the main three used weapons since they excel at what they do.

It's no different then any other competitive FPS.

antitrop

Good. I was hoping the new modes wouldn't be paid for. I love the game but it does have a certain lack of content you'd expect in this type of game at the price it is sold at.
But the quality is so high that it does make up for any perceived lack of content that is there. I've put 80 hours into what they've given us and I'm not stopping any time soon, so I'll gladly take that over a game that ticks every box but doesn't nail the execution and I put it away after a dozen hours.

I feel that I've gotten my money's worth out of this game.

I'm not trying to say that the game isn't missing some extremely important, standard features, though. Where is my Spectator Mode?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Still not entirely clear if you're on PC, but you might see if bumping your textures down a notch helps. If you're very close on RAM for the texture size you're using, your OS can start swapping which makes loading take a lot longer than it should. <captainobvious> It shouldn't be taking that long. </captainobvious> If this doesn't help, PM me with your system details and I'll try to figure it out.
I just PMed you. I really think it's a server issue though, since it takes over a minute from when I click "Play" in the main menu after loading the game to even get into the initial private lobby that lets me select campaign or custom matches... My pings in game are fine though.
I even switched to High just to make sure that textures didn't effect menu loading times, just in case, but no go.

Plissken

Been playing this for a few hours now, and have been enjoying it. Couple things bug me though; there seems to be no way to rename your custom classes, and the 90 seconds between rounds feels a tad too long. Maybe 45 seconds? Should be enough time to swap out burn cards and tweak weapons if you unlock stuff. The custom naming seems easy enough to add via patch, hopefully that happens soon.

Coconut

Banned
Well in most competetive fps the snipers are actually viable lol.

I also had a lot of success with the single shot weapons in cod.

I can boss the fuck out with the single shot rifle. And I've seen folks go to town as a sniper , just think folks are misusing the class and it's meant for goon control rather than an going up against more mobile pilots.

antitrop

Are suppressors worthwhile or is it better to simply move to a new spot after lighting up the radar?

Suppressors are amazing, yes.

I think it depends on the gun. For most they're fine but I think for the Hemlok, it's better to go with starburst. If you do a lot of run and gunning with the car it may be better to go with the counterweight
Yes, I agree with this. The R-101C is my most used gun, though, and I take a Suppressor with it.

Roflobear

Are suppressors worthwhile or is it better to simply move to a new spot after lighting up the radar?

I think it depends on the gun. For most they're fine but I think for the Hemlok, it's better to go with starburst. If you do a lot of run and gunning with the car it may be better to go with the counterweight

People are missing out on the amazing SMG, then.

Coconut

Banned

Depends on how you play. I use sonar as my perk and go go silencer less and let people think
They have the drop on me since I show up on the map, but I can see where they are coming from.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Quick yes or no, am I screwed if I play this on PC using a controller as opposed to kb&m?
No way. I love it and I'm competitive. Yes, you miss the precision, and I can't say I'd enjoy sniping with it (lol) but it's no severe handicap, and, on Bumper Jumper Pilot or Evolved (which I've taken to), actually a more ergonomic and natural control scheme for mobility than a keyboard and mouse- if you happened to ever get good at Mirror's Edge with a gamepad you'll know exactly what I mean.
People seem to extol leadwall, but I consider my usefulness with a shotty sliced in half without a suppressor.

I do plan to use the starburst on the Hemlok and be a more frantic aggressor with it, rather than the surgeon-like approach I use with the EVA-8. I like the gun, but a 3-shot burst has meant my death in too many fair fights where I know one more hit to the head or torso would've finished them off.
Smart shotgun.
Oh be still my heart.

Actually you just indirectly invented the most abhorrent gun that could ever exist in any game: the smart sniper rifle. They should add one as an April Fools' joke.

Roflobear

Depends on how you play. I use sonar as my perk and go go silencer less and let people think
They have the drop on me since I show up on the map, but I can see where they are coming from.

Yea that's a good point, play style affects using a silencer too. Does that work well for you though? If I'm running some place where I know an enemy will be, I always cloak myself, which would bypass the sonar thing

Atone13

DMR is great with the aog sight. One shot to the head or two to the body at any range I have no trouble killing pilots.

I agree. When I first started using the DMR for the rank 4 challenges I wasn't too thrilled, and got way less kills than normal. But after unlocking the new sights and just playing with it for some time I actually got pretty good with. Granted if someone gets the drop on you with a shotty its all but done for, but the same could be said with just about any weapon. The trick I found was to alter my play style a bit. Instead of running head first into most situations I slowed up and looked at my surroundings. One shot headshots, or two to the body and its gravy.

Coconut

Banned
Yea that's a good point, play style affects using a silencer too. Does that work well for you though? If I'm running some place where I know an enemy will be, I always cloak myself, which would bypass the sonar thing

It works very well. I'm usually in the top 3 and if not that I have the highest KD in the those games. The thing is even if you have cloak you aren't always cloaked so I can at least know some one is around me up until
they cloak. I'm not saying that folks don't get the drop on me but if they do it's because I've had to stop moving. Sonar also helps to discern goons from pilots just based on their movements. I'm honestly surprised more people don't use sonar because the amount of info you get from it is endless.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It works very well. I'm usually in the top 3 and if not that I have the highest KD in the those games. The thing is even if you have cloak you aren't always cloaked so I can at least know some one is around me up until
they cloak. I'm not saying that folks don't get the drop on me but if they do it's because I've had to stop moving. Sonar also helps to discern goons from pilots just based on their movements. I'm honestly surprised more people don't use sonar because the amount of info you get from it is endless.
I use it on my "you shall not pass" hardpoint loadout. When I'm doing a lot of breakneck navigation around the maps I actually find the effect too disorienting. Plus, Stim is just all kinds of too good for enhancing my free running abilities.

Coconut

Banned
Yeah it takes a while to get used to it will moving but you become the predator once you get used to it. I learned about how other players move around the maps. It still amazes me how often I see pilots on the ground with the grunts. If you move and play like a grunt you'll die like a grunt.

I don't know how people can use that shotgun weapon. It's so slow and inaccurate. I played some really bad matches with that. But then I'm also still last place in about half my matches, which is a marked improvement.

antitrop

quick question, do pilots only show up on radar if they fire guns or are they always visible like halo? also is the silencer worth using?
The former.

Apparently being spotted by Grunts and Spectres will also cause a Pilot to light up on the minimap, all the more reason to avoid ground level.

Dabanton

The worst map has got to be Colony. I groan everytime it comes up.

much too open and you can't actual use your Pilot propulsion to speed around the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom