• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cluto

Can someone tell me what's happening here:

titanhax01.gif

newsguy

That feel when you have one second left to board the ship, you jump too early and fall on the ground, missing the ship by an inch from boarding radius.

This happens to me all the time. The only redeeming part is when you watch someone do it, promptly kill them and laugh at their misery.

titanhax01.gif

ouch.

My buddy got a glitch where his Nuclear Explosion Titan wouldn't blow up. It just sat there invincible in a freeze state for the entirety of the game.

I've gotten much better at gooser kills now. 30/50. Hoping to finish it tomorrow and get on to gen 6

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
That feel when you have one second left to board the ship, you jump too early and fall on the ground, missing the ship by an inch from boarding radius.

This is why (if applicable) you get in a titan and manually eject for a ship every time.

edit: They're changing the gooser? holy shit

C Jones

Every lobby I jump into has 2-4 Gen 2 or above players on the other team and all Generation 0 players on mine.

Sweet.
Yeah what's up with that? Last two nights I went back to the game and experienced the same thing. No fun getting wrecked multiple games in a row.

titanhax01.gif

I saw this happen once in the beta, me in a titan and my cousin on foot were shooting someone who was just refusing to die, in the end it was a melee which killed him not bullets.

No idea what caused it, I presume it's a packet loss for his HP or something, dunno.

This is why (if applicable) you get in a titan and manually eject for a ship every time.

edit: They're changing the gooser? holy shit

I've missed the ship with an eject before, by a matter of inches lol.

Now that I can play titanfall again and resume unlocking all the weapon add-ons it's really effecting how well I play, half of these weapons have no place in such a fast game, anything which is not a laser automatic fireing weapon is shit, trying to unlock the sniper add-ons took way too long, I hate shit like this which effects a games outcome.

Once I finish unlocking everything I am never using anything else apart from the carbine and shotgun.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Now that I can play titanfall again and resume unlocking all the weapon add-ons it's really effecting how well I play, half of these weapons have no place in such a fast game, anything which is not a laser automatic fireing weapon is shit, trying to unlock the sniper add-ons took way too long, I hate shit like this which effects a games outcome.

Once I finish unlocking everything I am never using anything else apart from the carbine and shotgun.

The sniper works on certain parts of the map. I used to hate the DMR sniper but after finding some good vantage points, picking off pilots has been cake (until they find me lol). Unlocking the AOG sight on it only takes 5 grunt kills and once you have that, you're pretty much set to wreck.

E92 M3

The sniper works on certain parts of the map. I used to hate the DMR sniper but after finding some good vantage points, picking off pilots has been cake (until they find me lol). Unlocking the AOG sight on it only takes 5 grunt kills and once you have that, you're pretty much set to wreck.

I actually prefer the middle scope. I think it's the 4x one.

Alx

I hope you recorded that!

Nah, I was too busy laughing at him. :D
I should have, though, but I still don't have the reflex to "xbox record that" all the cool moments in the game. I should also have recorded the time my titan was running after a pilot, punching around like a cat trying to catch a mouse. It took at least 4 punchs to finally get to crush him. :p

E92 M3

That's all I want. Just at least some notification that we suffered that bullshit.

I agree you guys should get a little something for willing to endure the bullshit. I sure as fuck didn't want to lol. Gooser killed my momentum in this game so quickly it's not even funny. If it didn't exist I would have probably been gen 10 already, because as far as I know, the rest of the challenges are just purely skill based.

Also, anybody else want some snow environments? I'd be so happppy.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Based on the "story" of the Titanfall campaign, could Titanfall 2 be
Humans vs Spectres instead of IMC vs Militia?
I see the TF2 storyline going like this,
Militia vs IMC until Sky Glass flips his shit and the game becomes Militia/Remnants of IMC vs Spectres/'conscripted humans' (so there are still pilots on this team). As long as I can still rip someone/thing out of a dying Titan I'm cool with it.

antitrop

Two weeks after launch and ripping a Pilot out of the Titan and crushing him/her with the Stryder is still immensely satisfying.

Something about that crushing animation, it never got old for me in Metal Gear Rising, either.

Zomba13

Uh huh, and what are the "acceptable" weapons?

The first Assault Rifle and the SMG from what I've played...

I wanted to try the smart pistol in an actual match outside of the beta the other day and on my very first kill with the gun I got called a cheating noob who should use real weapons.

Calen

Not forever, but it can take up to 2 minutes to load in a match (I timed it). It can also take 2 minutes to load out of a match, so I miss the lobby entirely and wait another 2 or more minutes to get into the next match.

I don't know if some new problem introduced itself, since I played 12 hours of the beta and over 24 hours since release perfectly fine, but getting into matches so late basically makes the game a bit unplayable inasmuch as I lose playtime and taking up a slot means that inevitably any time I play with will have a handicap for however long it takes me to load into the game.
Still not entirely clear if you're on PC, but you might see if bumping your textures down a notch helps. If you're very close on RAM for the texture size you're using, your OS can start swapping which makes loading take a lot longer than it should. <captainobvious> It shouldn't be taking that long. </captainobvious> If this doesn't help, PM me with your system details and I'll try to figure it out.

I wanted to try the smart pistol in an actual match outside of the beta the other day and on my very first kill with the gun I got called a cheating noob who should use real weapons.

I've only played this game while in party chat. Can the other team talk to you during game chat?

Coconut

Banned

They are all a acceptable.

And yeah you are pretty much the worst if you are maining an autopistol

Roflobear

anyone got any tips for getting kills with the Railgun? im tearing my hair out using the thing. just getting to 10 kills to get the instant shot mod is making me mad. any specific chassis or abilities that help getting kills?

I posted my method earlier but I use the Ogre chassis because of the extra health and whatnot, and also the vortex shield. I'm not sure ordnance matters as long as you make sure they hit. I would just basically run up to individual titans (don't go up against groups unless you're also in a group of titans), hit them with my ordnance and use the vortex shield when they started shooting at me. Then once their shield is depleted it only takes a charged shot or two to doom a titan.

You can also just roll with friendly titans and steal their kills when an enemy titan is close to being doomed. But honestly I don't think the instant shot mod is worth it. It doesn't seem that powerful and the fire rate is still slow as hell. Now that I'm at 40/50 kills for the challenge, I realize I much prefer the Plasma Railgun without instant shot

tauke

My only wish for the next update is to improve the netcode. My ping average 50-60ms but there are times where pumping bullets to enemies only to get jumpkicked is annoying since the killcam shows me dancing around not shooting anything...

Still hesitating to go to Gen 3. Been trying out Hemlock but still feel it can benefit from longer accuracy range when firing from hip.

enewtabie

What a fun game. Went three on one in a titan vs titan encounter on Hardpoint and had a blast. Took out two and got the third pilot with my nuclear ejection. It's kinda of cool to sprint up to a group and hit them with a good punch. Felt like Optimus Prime for a second lol. I would say I have only two complaints about the game. I would like to know which maps I've won on in campaign and it could use some more guns(maybe a melee weapon for the Titans.

Again, very fun and looking forward to the DLC.

I believe you can hold up quite well due to the aim assist. I use kb/m but have read comments from a few PC players who use controller and they do not feel handicapped in any massive way.

No handicap at all.

Feels solid, moving around the map with a controller feels better to me than using kb/m.

Shooting feels fine as well. especially since you're in titan half the time.

TheOddOne

New Titanfall game modes will be free to all
First $10 DLC pack will include new maps, double XP weekends also planned
Respawn has confirmed plans to release three paid Titanfall DLC packs, each of which will contain new maps and other yet to be determined content.

The DLC can be pre-purchased at a discounted rate as part of the Titanfall season pass, which is priced at $24.99 in North America and £19.99 in the UK. Standalone DLC packs will cost $10, Zampella said.

Stratn

I'm pretty competitive with an Xbox 360 controller, not once have I felt the need to go to Kb/M....I have even come out on top in a few matches. Using the carbine as a primary weapon for reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom