• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Customizing the Titan would have to be limited to Decals or something along that line.

You have to be able to tell at a glance which Titan is on your team.

I had a busy week with Second Son and apartment fixtures as well. Going to hit this game hard this week. need to hit lvl 50 before the month is over(At 40 now)I miss TF. Going to get it on the PC next month as well, can't wait.

Customizing the Titan would have to be limited to Decals or something along that line.

You have to be able to tell at a glance which Titan is on your team.

It's not like you can easily tell who's on your team as it is. I rely on the color of their names to distinguish who's ally and who's enemy.

I like to lead a little bit - that should help. Also positioning is important.

LOL moving target. I have a hard enough time picking off spectres and grunts without someone picking me off pretty quick. I just looked it up though and I was under the false assumption it was a one shot kill but with the suppressor it becomes 3 on a pilot. That explains a lot.

HelloMeow

Awesome

iCKzX7FbNPxSt.gif

zou

so what's the fastest way to go from level ~48 to 50? seems like I spent more on the last 3 levels than getting to 45.

Coconut

Banned
It's not efficient in the heat of battle.

Indeed except I don't use the juice -- gotta stick with the cloak.

Juice is a term for moving quickly with skill. And active radar is the one true pilot skill.

Also start using those XP cards and play the campaign if you want to get through the levels.

Coconut

Banned
This guy knows what's up.

How do people not play with active radar?

Who knows I also think people are using cloak and radar the wrong way. Radar is meant to be used while mobile and tracking pilots and cloak is meant to be used while stationary. You become way to visible when you run while cloaked.

E92 M3

Juice is a term for moving quickly with skill. And active radar is the one true pilot skill.

Also start using those XP cards and play the campaign if you want to get through the levels.

Feel naked without cloak. I have created many unique uses for it :)

TrueGrime

Will trade one titan burn card for one permanent active pulse radar.

Active radar + silenced weapons + permanent minion map spotting = Like a boss.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Who knows I also think people are using cloak and radar the wrong way. cloak is meant to be used while mobile and tracking pilots and cloak is meant to be used while stationary. You become way to visible when you run while cloaked.

I laugh when I see pilots cloaking right out of the drop ship.

Jito

Banned
and then what? you are pilot on foot against a piloted titan in an area with a bunch of electrified smoke. on top of that you can hear if a person is on your titan before they pull off the hatch and you get the alert that a pilot is on you. the best time to rodeo a pilot is when you have other friendly titans around you.

Dunno what else to say man but I've not had many issues rodeoing Titans and laying into them with the auto pistol. Smoke just isn't the ultimate trump card.

Mesoian

Dunno what else to say man but I've not had many issues rodeoing Titans and laying into them with the auto pistol. Smoke just isn't the ultimate trump card.

I still love the Rodeo, wait for them to leave, jump off, satchel charge, double jump up, detonate, either bomb boost up high enough to re rodeo and kill the rider with the charge or jump away and reset.

Satchel Charges have a really odd throwing distance.

I still love the Rodeo, wait for them to leave, jump off, satchel charge, double jump up, detonate, either bomb boost up high enough to re rodeo and kill the rider with the charge or jump away and reset.

Satchel Charges have a really odd throwing distance.

They throw just within killing-yourself-distance.

Jito

Banned
Meh. Sounds like you are playing with a buncha unseasoned mooks.

I wish! Keep getting matched with full regenerated teams. I just find letting them pop smoke, wall running a bit higher up or out of the area then getting them when the coast is clear works. I'm not saying you can fully take down a Titan while rodeoing but it's enough to get them out or to eject.

I'm not sure how many of you played or play Hawken but people customise their mechs in some pretty psychedelic colours; you can also equip different body parts.

It doesn't do much for camouflaging the mech but then I suppose that if you are that unobservant in an online game you are done for regardless of the opposition being 'dressed' in grey or bright pink.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot of the ingame scoreboard but I just had a game of Attrition where I got 77 NPC kills and we still lost. Very annoying!
Highest NPC kills I've had.
grunt.png

tauke

Had many Gen 5 players trying their darnedest to make me eject from my Titan only for me to eject out from the front manually lol.

Today is a pretty bad day for the netcode. 50ms ping and I clearly pumped a clip of CAR SMG only for the opponent to jump kick me... makes me stay in my Titan for most of the match.

at frist i was luke warm about this game but now i am addicted to titanfall now. i really love trying to take the titans down.

what are u guys finding to be the most effective strategy? i rush in with that emp type grenade but i am dying a lot because of that electric smoke or other titans see me and shoot me

edit: also i would be really pissed if the sequel doesnt come out on ps4, my pc is barely running this on low and 30fps. i want nextgen!!

tauke

at frist i was luke warm about this game but now i am addicted to titanfall now. i really love trying to take the titans down.

what are u guys finding to be the most effective strategy? i rush in with that emp type grenade but i am dying a lot because of that electric smoke or other titans see me and shoot me

edit: also i would be really pissed if the sequel doesnt come out on ps4, my pc is barely running this on low and 30fps. i want nextgen!!

Usually I throw an EMP grenade to a titan (and depending on situation I will either run away) and quickly rodeo it to open the hatch. If there is enemy around, I'll disembark and well run for your life if you want to avoid getting crush/punch/shot by the titan.

Still I find it better if you support your friend in the heat of the battle when attempting to rodeo an enemy titan to quickly destroy it.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
The only two people I goosed were done so with the 40mm. Practice, son.
If you have two geese with the 40mm that's great and all but that's hardly a proof of concept for getting 50. I think I have 3 on Xbox with the 40mm, but if I project that out it probably takes months of playing to do it.

Still working on PC. The fact of the matter is you need to lobby shop. You need just the right type of noob that isn't running auto-eject, is still aware enough to manually eject, but not aware enough to hit his cloak (all noobs run cloak), and isn't much for altering his trajectory in mid-air. One guy like that you can goose every game. But a lobby full of decent players? Ugh. It's bad enough when they know to cloak, but then you get the trolls that will stay in their Titan to the bitter end, or just hop out normally and get owned on the ground as if that is somehow better than giving me a chance at goosing.

I tried the strategy of running a smart pistol and going for rodeo ejects but that really went nowhere. Those ejects where you end up close to the guy in mid-air just seem way too rare.

I tried the DMR for a while for sniping cloaked ejectors but it just didn't quite work out. I probably hit 10 guys with a first shot but never landed a follow up and a kill. Maybe still a good option for someone with superior aim. I tried the R101C with silencer... but just not quite the killing power, once again going to need better aim than mine to make it work. But, finally threw away the silencer and went extended mags. One fewer shots to kill, and 10 more rounds to spray at a goose? That's just enough for me to get the occasional goose on foot. I had a nice goose this morning on Rise where I was up top hopping from wall to wall, wallhanging, taking titans out with the charge rifle from above, then dropped down to ground level as the guy was ejecting and sprayed him down. Of course that only worked for the one guy on that map. Everyone else would cloak on eject and land outside the map to make use of their 10 second countdown. I mean, I can't blame them, I do the same thing... but it's painful for us poor goosers.

HelloMeow

Unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot of the ingame scoreboard but I just had a game of Attrition where I got 77 NPC kills and we still lost. Very annoying!
http://s7.postimg.org/rcqn9nkzf/grunt.png[img][/QUOTE]

After you left I had nothing but games like that. Very annoying indeed.

Usually I throw an EMP grenade to a titan (and depending on situation I will either run away) and quickly rodeo it to open the hatch. If there is enemy around, I'll disembark and well run for your life if you want to avoid getting crush/punch/shot by the titan.

Still I find it better if you support your friend in the heat of the battle when attempting to rodeo an enemy titan to quickly destroy it.

yeh i think i need to be more selective and be more clever, right now as soon as i see titan i try to destroy it. im just experimenting though, when i unlock everything then i will start to play more serious

Coconut

Banned
grunt.png

I don't like the ingame leader board kill counts it's very confusing.

HoodWinked

Still working on PC. The fact of the matter is you need to lobby shop. You need just the right type of noob that isn't running auto-eject, is still aware enough to manually eject, but not aware enough to hit his cloak (all noobs run cloak), and isn't much for altering his trajectory in mid-air. One guy like that you can goose every game. But a lobby full of decent players? Ugh. It's bad enough when they know to cloak, but then you get the trolls that will stay in their Titan to the bitter end, or just hop out normally and get owned on the ground as if that is somehow better than giving me a chance at goosing.

lol that made me laugh. i just finished 50 gooser last night in one game of angel city i got 4 felt so good. some matches i would get titans to a doom state then someone on my team would run in and melee them :(

for me the chaingun extended mag with the atlas titan seemed to work best.

Roflobear

My new favorite thing in this game is to rodeo a Titan, wait for the pilot to eject, then jump off the Titan and throw a satchel charge at the pilot's feet. Soooo much fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom