• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolgar

Anyone with a lower end rig have any thoughts? Thanks!

I have an i7 720 QM, I think, 1.6 gigahertz, Marty, and a lowly nVidia GT 330m. It's playable at 1024 x 768 with medium textures, shadows off, and--get this--everything else set to High. (Not AA or filtering, of course, and V-sync off in-game.)

"Playable" means fps in the mid-twenties that can reach forties and fifties indoors but can often hit the teens outside. I also tweaked my nVidia control panel, unparked cores, etc.

You'll have to do the comparison yourself, but these are the lowest specs I've heard anybody run the game at. I have had fun, and reached level 47 last night, but the chuggy frame rate is bothersome and has resulted in several deaths.

I may move to upgrade sooner than I had planned.

When was Attrition raised to 300?

And has there been any patches released for this yet? My performance is still weird. Yesterday it was fine and today it's freezing for a second or two.

Know what I frequently find myself wanting? A flamethrower on my Titan for infantry. Would love to fill rooms with fire when a Pilot runs inside a building.

enewtabie

Its been very weird tonight. Stuttering very bad to where I was moving in slow motion and I have a 50ms ping on the East Coast. Connection was showing the same for all matches.

Kolgar

Yes stuttering was bad last night, too. Not a good rollout for such a high-profile release. Stable servers (hi, cloud!) and a performance patch would be nice. Particularly one that allowed more user control of resolution for us low-end plebes.

Even though I'm glad that Respawn decided not to put in a tacked on single player campaign, Titanfall is one game where I could imagine an epic campaign. Just think, with the park our elements, there could be some epic platforming segments, and with the titans some epic titan vs titan boss battles. I generally think if they tried, they could have made an amazing campaign.

Mononoke

Banned
Dumb question. I've never played the campaign mode before. But now I want to unlock Stryder. I played ONE campaign and won, but didn't unlock it. So to "beat" the IMC or militia campaign (as was suggested online to unlock Stryder), do I have to play X amount of missions? How many are there in campaigns? Do you have to win each one?

Basically, I don't know how many missions I have to actually play, and how to actually beat the campaign to unlock it.

Whoever said CTF is the must-play mode, you sir have given me countless hours of joy. I never enjoyed CTF in CoD and missed the good old days of Halo CTF, but man this is a fucking blast.

I'm loving pilot combat and the fucking incredible parkour chases/escapes I've had in CTF so much, I think only like 10% of my playtime has been in a Titan in the full version. It'll be like a whole new game for me when I go back to Last Titan Standing which is what I played most in the beta, lol.

Seriously though, I can't handle how fun this game is to move around in and how good the maps are, and the more limited gun selection + accessories just makes it feel clean and like the good old shooters of old. I haven't been this positive about a multiplayer FPS game in a while.

TrueGrime

Dumb question. I've never played the campaign mode before. But now I want to unlock Stryder. I played ONE campaign and won, but didn't unlock it. So to "beat" the IMC or militia campaign (as was suggested online to unlock Stryder), do I have to play X amount of missions? How many are there in campaigns? Do you have to win each one?

Basically, I don't know how many missions I have to actually play, and how to actually beat the campaign to unlock it.

You need to play through all the campaign maps and win. Doesn't need to be in order. When you click on campaign you should see the map and there will be either an IMC or Militia insignia, or both. This lets you know that you have completed that map on that side.

rjcc

You need to play through all the campaign maps and win. Doesn't need to be in order. When you click on campaign you should see the map and there will be either an IMC or Militia insignia, or both. This lets you know that you have defeated that map on that side.

you do not need to win the missions.

you just need to play them

Mononoke

Banned
You need to play through all the campaign maps and win. Doesn't need to be in order. When you click on campaign you should see the map and there will be either an IMC or Militia insignia, or both. This lets you know that you have completed that map on that side.

I appreciate you taking the time to explain this to me. :) Thank you.

BIGWORM

I reverted back to the some super old drivers for nVidia, 314.22s to be specific. I had some crazy stuttering over the past day or so. Reverting back to these drivers fixed that. Going to these drivers botched the vsync for this game, but I can live with that.

Archpath1

Know what I frequently find myself wanting? A flamethrower on my Titan for infantry. Would love to fill rooms with fire when a Pilot runs inside a building.
That could workas an ordnance, shoulder mounted sprays out for close combat, or as a canister launcher covers the floor for a few sec like the smoke
Or add in like a smart targeting minigun or cannon like the Predators

I don't think your CPU is going to hold up.

I have an i7 720 QM, I think, 1.6 gigahertz, Marty, and a lowly nVidia GT 330m. It's playable at 1024 x 768 with medium textures, shadows off, and--get this--everything else set to High. (Not AA or filtering, of course, and V-sync off in-game.)

"Playable" means fps in the mid-twenties that can reach forties and fifties indoors but can often hit the teens outside. I also tweaked my nVidia control panel, unparked cores, etc.

You'll have to do the comparison yourself, but these are the lowest specs I've heard anybody run the game at. I have had fun, and reached level 47 last night, but the chuggy frame rate is bothersome and has resulted in several deaths.

I may move to upgrade sooner than I had planned.

Thanks guys. I might have to build a new rig sooner rather than later. Appreciate it.

Now that the dust has settled: worth picking up this game? (PC version)

I enjoyed the beta, but got worn out by the end. Are the unlocks/maps worth it?

How many hours did you put into the beta? If you got tired with the demo then the main game might not sway you to not feel the same again.

There are more modes available (from the beta) such as capture the flag and pilot hunter and most of the maps are good. I don't think more maps will help you if you got wore out with the game. Unlocks are okay to experiment with such as creating load outs for different maps and modes

I have owned the game for two weeks and my play time amounts to about 22 hours. I couldn't sink hours and hours in each day otherwise I would get tired of the game. It s very fun but, for me, does not contain a lot of depth. That does not take away from the game so long as I manage my time with it and don't over do it.

aravuus

Sure, just not full price. I've put a bit over 20 hours into it and I'm starting to get bored, haven't played at all for a week or so. Didn't like the beta too much.

Maybe I'll come back to TF when I'm done with Dark Souls II.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I want to personalize my titan so bad.

I feel the same way about my pilots and guns.. it's little things like this that keep me playing games.

I'm not burnt out on TF at all, but I would like some more customisation in the game for sure, hopefully DLC brings a bit to the table.

The Cowboy

I want to personalize my titan so bad.
Yeah its such a shame there is no personalisation at all.

I don't want to be able to do full on paintjobs (as that would lead to stupidness like big pink/bright green titans etc), but it would be nice to have the ability to have extra full skins to unlock (like camo skins), to be able to put on logos & tattoos etc on the outside and little things on the inside (little hanging things like MechWarrior does for example).

Same with guns, I don't want the ability to paint them as we please (again, stupidness would happen), but some extra skins to unlock and perhaps the little hanging things like Blacklight does would be nice.

I don't want to be able to do full on paintjobs (as that would lead to stupidness like big pink/bright green titans etc), but it would be nice to have the ability to have extra full skins to unlock (like camo skins), to be able to put on logos & tattoos etc on the outside and little things on the inside (little hanging things like MechWarrior does for example).

Same with guns, I don't want the ability to paint them as we please (again, stupidness would happen), but some extra skins to unlock and perhaps the little hanging things like Blacklight does would be nice.
Paint-jobs would be so badass.

E92 M3

Yes, I always thought it'd would be cool to have logos and what not on the Titans. Just touches of customization. From what I know, though, their art team was very strained working on the game so customization was too much. Most importantly they got the gameplay loop down solid. The next game or the DLC should be adding the nice touches.

lol at people complaining about the gooser reduction. First it's too much, now it's too little? There are other challenges, too.

Yes, there was skill involved with the Gooser challenge, but even mastered the situational luck required is annoying. That's why the challenge is annoying. The people that have completed will be recognized. And that's very fair.

Decided to use the long bow for a bit and I'm just here to say that if you can use this thing and come out with a proper K/D then you got some skill. I can't hit a damn thing with it.

Only 4 or so titan weapons to unlock mods for now, fuck this it's so slow and I hate hanging back trying to snipe with bullet travel delay and shit damage.

Delt31

I didn't pay full price but would of been satisfied if so considering how much I'm enjoying it. GOTY for me as of now.

Bessy67

Decided to use the long bow for a bit and I'm just here to say that if you can use this thing and come out with a proper K/D then you got some skill. I can't hit a damn thing with it.

Get the AOG scope. I have much better success using it as a mid range DMR instead of a long range sniper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom