• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I played in the beta I had much better performance than I do now. I had to swap out my GPU to wait for a replacement around launch and now that I got my GPU back I feel like I am not getting even the same performance I had in the beta.

Is anyone else experiencing performance issues or have potential solutions?

Oopsie. I've been playing in the "improved matchmaking" playlist thinking it was the Variety Pack. No wonder I kept getting Attrition...

I think it's improved. Getting more close games on average.

Navy Bean

So, I made the mistake of trying out Dark Souls 2 and it has consumed me for a week. Gonna dive back into Titanfall this weekend. Any changes since I've been gone?

2. Rather than playing against the same opponents over and over, the game will periodically split the teams apart and search for new opponents for each team. This means if one team is dominating, we will update the skill for all of the players and then find each team a better suited match for the next round. Did you lose to a really great team? We'll make them disappear and replace them with a new opposing team - and they will have no idea that you just got your butts kicked. This should end some of the frustration with playing for extended periods when you're having an off night.

I'd rather it just mix up the players that are in the game into random teams each round.

Buttchin

I'd rather it just mix up the players that are in the game into random teams each round.

I'm guessing they are doing it that way because of people in parties they are trying not to split up. Its hard to randomize teams if you are against a party of 6. There solution hopefully avoids that issue.

Roflobear

Yea the flaw with this method (having played a few games in it) is that it'll count down to your next match, then take you and your team out of the lobby to another team, then restart the countdown. Other than that it really has been improved though. I'm really enjoying it

I'm guessing they are doing it that way because of people in parties they are trying not to split up. Its hard to randomize teams if you are against a party of 6. There solution hopefully avoids that issue.

I wish it were like The Last of Us multiplayer in that you could select matchmaking that specifically had no parties in it.

VASPER

Banned
Ok so i hate attrition it's stupid, why would you make A.I. kills count towards the final score? I still can't pull myself away from hard point and CTF so fucking good. I have been contemplating getting the Titanfall A symbol tattooed on my chest.

The Cowboy

Ok so i hate attrition it's stupid, why would you make A.I. kills count towards the final score? I still can't pull myself away from hard point and CTF so fucking good. I have been contemplating getting the Titanfall A symbol tattooed on my chest.
Why not play pilot hunter mode?, its the same as attrition except the AI doesn't count towards the final score.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
New matchmaking seems to be better once I get into a match. Auto balancing the teams in the lobby would be nice, though. I don't like starting a match being outnumbered 2-1.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
What's the recommended FoV for a 42" 1080 HDTV? The default setting definitely isn't working out for me on PC.

When I played in the beta I had much better performance than I do now. I had to swap out my GPU to wait for a replacement around launch and now that I got my GPU back I feel like I am not getting even the same performance I had in the beta.

Is anyone else experiencing performance issues or have potential solutions?

Apparently an app that monitored gpu performance was causing me a bit of stuttering. With that fixed it is running much better. Still not as good as I remember it running before though.

Ugh, can't wait to buy just a whole new computer. TF is not making me desperate enough to buy one now though.

Whatever Respawn guys are reading this thread, thanks for listening about the matchmaking.

While we may not post very much, rest assured that we do read all the feedback you guys are giving, whether it be here on GAF, Twitter, or Reddit etc.

Try the matchmaking and please tell us what works, what doesn't, etc. :)

Well, I've been searching for 30 minutes (east asia) and still not a single teammate/opponent. I guess it is a weird time to be playing, but I wish the game had a population count per server or some indicator on which game-mode most people on the server are playing at the moment.

Lima

While we may not post very much, rest assured that we do read all the feedback you guys are giving, whether it be here on GAF, Twitter, or Reddit etc.

Since you guys are already lowering the requirement for the gooser challenge, you should look into the 100 wins during Gen 8 too. Make it like 50 maybe. I was stuck at 50 during that Gen for far too long and only lost like 2 matches total during that whole gen.

Well, I've been searching for 30 minutes (east asia) and still not a single teammate/opponent. I guess it is a weird time to be playing, but I wish the game had a population count per server or some indicator on which game-mode most people on the server are playing at the moment.

Doesn't really help that the console and game is not even out there officially.

The only guys you will run into on East Asia and Japanese West are people boosting.

Mechazawa

Please know that your contributions are loved and appreciated.

And that Argonomic needs to know that we're still waiting on a Mercenary playlist. And by we, I mean I. I am waiting.

Since you guys are already lowering the requirement for the gooser challenge, you should look into the 100 wins during Gen 8 too. Make it like 50 maybe. I was stuck at 50 during that Gen for far too long and only lost like 2 matches total during that whole gen.

Doesn't really help that the console and game is not even out there officially.

The only guys you will run into on East Asia and Japanese West are people boosting.

I'm playing on PC(guess i should have mentioned that) and as far as I know it is out here officially. Have no idea about the xbox version, though.

Argonomic

Jump in the live matchmaking beta! Post your match scores and experience.

For me so far tonight:
Game 3: (I joined a game in progress)
255 / 300

New opponents.
Game 1:
300 / ~268

Game 2:
300 / 186 (They lost a player early and didn't get a new one until after the match ended).

Game 3:
300 / 284

Searching for new opponents..
Game 1:
298 / 300

Game 2:
300 / 207 (They lost players during the match and then the scores separated)

TrueGrime

I'll take it.

boss.jpg

The Matchmaking Beta was noticeably better for me tonight, in terms of slotting me up with players my skill level. My K/D and Win/Loss was more constant as opposed to jumping between peaks and valleys (not that I care, it's just an easy way to compare how well the new system is doing). I hope it gets implemented into the other game types soon.

Now that matchmaking seems to be on the right track . . . Optimization next, right? Cause this game has crazy frame drops still, even on super low settings.

border

What is the best loadout if I want to be a Titan-killer pilot?

I had heard good things about the CAR SMG earlier in the thread, but it doesn't seem all that great. Maybe there's an add-on I need to unlock, but it still takes many, many clips to take down a rodeo'ed Titan. Am I doing something wrong?

HoodWinked

The Matchmaking Beta was noticeably better for me tonight, in terms of slotting me up with players my skill level. My K/D and Win/Loss was more constant as opposed to jumping between peaks and valleys (not that I care, it's just an easy way to compare how well the new system is doing). I hope it gets implemented into the other game types soon.

Now that matchmaking seems to be on the right track . . . Optimization next, right? Cause this game has crazy frame drops still, even on super low settings.

what graphics card do you have?

What is the best loadout if I want to be a Titan-killer pilot?

I had heard good things about the CAR SMG earlier in the thread, but it doesn't seem all that great. Maybe there's an add-on I need to unlock, but it still takes many, many clips to take down a rodeo'ed Titan. Am I doing something wrong?

LMG + Slammer

tauke

Guess what nobody gives a damn for the new matchmaking beta for East Asia and Southeast Asia server.

Can't find anyone even for 15 mins non stop and as usual losing streak when playing classic match haha. One of the reason why I should stop regen after this as the lack of of higher level unlock is discouraging.

While I never get to try the new matchmaking, my 2 cents is that the new algorithm should ensure players in both team is at most 2-4 levels apart instead of having a team of less than level 10 versus those a group of 4 or more players who already level 40 and above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom