• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new matchmaking is a relief. After being roflstomped consecutively by a team that was obviously far better than mine...
iT1mPvwl.jpg

It was so awful.

StayAware

Neo Member
Did the US servers just go down for anybody else?

Dm4NPFN.png

EDIT: On PC if it matters.

EDIT2: They're back after restarting TF a couple times. Weird.

Yikes, I've played like 25+ pilot hunter matches today and probably only was on the winning 5-6 times lol.

trying to get the all unlock achievement...the smart pistol, shotgun and lmg have been a bitch lol.

Argonomic

While I never get to try the new matchmaking, my 2 cents is that the new algorithm should ensure players in both team is at most 2-4 levels apart instead of having a team of less than level 10 versus those a group of 4 or more players who already level 40 and above.

The matchmaking doesn't use level or gen data. They are not indicative of skill. A great FPS player will be substantially better at level 1 than a mediocre player at gen 5.

Haines

Banned
So Glad to see respawn backing there game after release.

W/e happened to the 'technical improvements' they semi announced before launch. Still happening at some point?

TrueGrime

Jump in the live matchmaking beta! Post your match scores and experience.

Just wanted to say it's great the way you're supporting this game with patches, cheater punishments, balancing, and fixes - that work. It's good to see this early on unlike another FPS that shall not be named. Kudos.

HelloMeow

I couldn't find any matches in the beta playlist on EU West. Probably because it was 6 am.

And seriously, please temporarily put these kind of people in the cheater pool.
qhBXNhc.png

tauke

The matchmaking doesn't use level or gen data. They are not indicative of skill. A great FPS player will be substantially better at level 1 than a mediocre player at gen 5.

I understand if the game is like old school Q3A or UT where weapons is spawn around the map (and no unlockable skills) but what I meant is a group of players less than level 10 will have less unlockable weapons/skills/attachments will still get outlast by a group with more than level 40 (with much better loadout/skills).

Maybe I'm just unlucky to be often in such situation. Still a fun game as I play more than 60 hours already.

Argonomic

I understand if the game is like old school Q3A or UT where weapons is spawn around the map (and no unlockable skills) but what I meant is a group of players less than level 10 will have less unlockable weapons/skills/attachments will still get outlast by a group with more than level 40 (with much better loadout/skills).

Maybe I'm just unlucky to be often in such situation. Still a fun game as I play more than 60 hours already.

A good FPS player using presets, without even using Ordnance or Tactical Abilities or even Titans, can still crush a more experienced (in Titanfall), mediocre player. Titanfall has new stuff, but having good shooter skills and a good foundation of general shooter experience predicts greater results than being new to shooters and 20 hours in to Titanfall.

Well, I just had something shitty happen to me (on XBOne).

Was playing a game of last titan standing and was really kicking ass big time, and then right before I got the final Titan Kill in the match point round, the opposing team all disconnected.

But that's not the problem, not only did the screen blur and say "attempting to reconnect", the opponents' disconnection somehow kicked my brother and myself both back to the title screen with one of those "lost connection to server" screens and since the game didn't finish, I'm assuming we didn't get any XP for it.

I thought since all the games were being hosted on dedicated servers through the infinitely powerful cloudy cloud that this kind of thing couldn't happen.

EDIT: And yes, my NAT type is Open.

Well, I've been searching for 30 minutes (east asia) and still not a single teammate/opponent. I guess it is a weird time to be playing, but I wish the game had a population count per server or some indicator on which game-mode most people on the server are playing at the moment.

Yup, takes a hell of a lot longer to get into games now. I guess thats the downside of having a functioning MM when the player count isn't as high as CoD or Halo and fragmented in several different regions.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Well, I'm a legit Gooser. On PC at least. I'm not sure when the patch is coming but I'm only Gen 3, and early on in it on Xbox.

I wish the stats page broke things up by IMC and Militia. I get a feeling Blisk encouraging me is at last a +0.5 to my KD. I can't get behind this "No person is better than another" Militia bullshit.

Izuna

Banned
Only Achievements left are 50 CTF wins and Unlock All Hardware *and seeing every map on every game mode... which strangely hasn't unlocked yet...*

Can I do it before 10th April? MAYBE

I really wish there was a way to know which maps I haven't done on which modes.

Hawk269

While we may not post very much, rest assured that we do read all the feedback you guys are giving, whether it be here on GAF, Twitter, or Reddit etc.

Try the matchmaking and please tell us what works, what doesn't, etc. :)

Glad you guys are listening. How about an update on the Xbox One version to take care of frame rate and screen tearing? Are you all still attempting to up the resolution? Any info in regards to performance optimizations would be appreciated.

tauke

Still can't get a match with the improve matchmaking. Will try it later tonight on my two usual servers (East Asia and SEA).

So managed to be on the winning side non stop. Use the opportunity to level up quickly to unlock the CAR SMG.

I have to eat crow a little bit. Was put off a bit by all of the press hype and was solely in the "COD with mechs camp" but I had some spare cash and figured what the hell and took the plunge on PC. Anyway, long story short played for 2 hrs last night and had an absolute blast. Was fun from the first minute, just a great MP experience. I have a couple of small gripes but all and all I'm a convert.

Anyone have any suggested early loadouts for a new player? I'm level 14 or 15 or so. Pretty much have been using the carbine and shotgun exclusively so far.

Also I have exactly 0 Origin friends so if anyone wants to add me my username is: sirgarbageman

Hopefully this true skill will be better than gears of war 2 attempt lol

I was either too good or too bad because it used to take maybe an hour or more to find a lobby

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
Any news on the framerate for the xbox one version? Will there be an improvement soon? I keep getting freezes for a split second and horrible tearing. Really annoying on such a great game

I still get a "Titanfall has encountered an error and needs to be closed"-type message when I shut down the game and return to Windows. It doesn't affect Origin, and the sync still takes place in the background. I wonder why that is, am I running out of memory or something? I have 4gb ram, so I wouldn't have thought so. The game itself is fine, only happens when I turn it off. Hope a patch can get rid of this.

E92 M3

Hopefully this true skill will be better than gears of war 2 attempt lol

I was either too good or too bad because it used to take maybe an hour or more to find a lobby

Personally, I prioritize quick matchmaking more than proper matchmaking. Time is a precious commodity and waiting ten to five minutes for a match is no fun.

I didn't notice the OP had names in now (EDIT: and is actually a different thread!). Can mine be added for Origin:

CyanideFuse

Thanks!

Edit: Just saw it was over 35's. I am not quite there yet.

From the second post:

Its for all people that feel they´re too slow to compete in a twitch shooter - and still want to have fun.
It was great last gen to fill the friendslist with fellow GAFers. Cultivated trashtalk instead of kids swearing, and k/d ratios in the 1:1 range instead of like 1:5...

That resonated with me so I put my name down anyway. :)

New matchmaking is fantastic. Started out a bit one-sided but the other team ended up closing the gap. I think the entire set of people got reshuffled at least once throughout my night.

300/264
300/141
300/191
253/300
263/300
300/278
300/273

The entire time I maintained about a 1.1-1.5 K/D. My score was about the same each round, fairly consistent rather than a 17 K/D round to a 0 K/D round and back and forth. It was a ton of fun and everyone agreed that matchmaking was much better.

It'd be great to have the option to reveal where I sit on the skill bell curve and then see how I improve (or not) over time.

Full play through video is here - http://www.twitch.tv/my89z24/b/514882265

From the second post:

That resonated with me so I put my name down anyway. :)

My reactions are okay for the most part. I just find that how my day has been dictates my gaming ability on an evening. Therefore it is a bit up-and-down.

My problem with the game is pumping a lot of bullets into someone (and hearing that I have done it because of the odd squelchy sound effect) and yet dying after what seems to be 1-2 bullets. That is not a 'twitch' skills issue and instead is a WTF issue.

New matchmaking is fantastic. Started out a bit one-sided but the other team ended up closing the gap. I think the entire set of people got reshuffled at least once throughout my night.

300/264
300/141
300/191
253/300
263/300
300/278
300/273

The entire time I maintained about a 1.1-1.5 K/D. My score was about the same each round, fairly consistent rather than a 17 K/D round to a 0 K/D round and back and forth. It was a ton of fun and everyone agreed that matchmaking was much better.

It'd be great to have the option to reveal where I sit on the skill bell curve and then see how I improve (or not) over time.

Full play through video is here - http://www.twitch.tv/my89z24/b/514882265

I am glad to hear it. My issue was joining a match and either hammering or being hammered by the opposition. I would then quit at the end game lobby to hopefully find a better-balanced match. This meant I would have evenings of jumping in-and-out of lobbies and not getting any continuity to my game time.

Z3M0G

How is the userbase holding up?

Is there any public user activity info? Any place to graph out how things have been holding up since launch?

Vitor711

Had a bunch of server connection timeouts yesterday using EU ones. Somewhat annoying as I had no issues when on DOTA so I assume it's a problem on EA/Azure's end.

I wonder if I'm slowly getting the hang of this. I managed a match yesterday where I went 12-2 K:D on pilot hunter. Had another game where I had 5 pilot kills and 11 assists - bloody kill stealers ;-)

To put it in context, my lifetime K:D vs. pilots is 0.5.

I wonder if I'm slowly getting the hang of this. I managed a match yesterday where I went 12-2 K:D on pilot hunter. Had another game where I had 5 pilot kills and 11 assists - bloody kill stealers ;-)

To put it in context, my lifetime K:D vs. pilots is 0.5.

I often feel like I am the fluffer of Last Titan Standing. I dish out a tonne of damage only for someone to get the kill shot.

I had a match where I killed 4 titans and had 13 assists. Admittedly around 4-5 of these were kills I wouldn't have deserved as such but the rest felt like they had been pinched from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom