• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
gotta say tho: im surprised at how barebones it is

the gameplay is there and it's enough to make it worth your while, but with super fast level progression and absolutely NO customization (plus rather bland, and very few weapons/attachments) it does feel rather.. disappointing in that aspect

I think Titanfall 2 is gonna be the real shit

Would be nice to customize your appearance a bit, yeah. Even just types of camouflage or something. Being able to cosmetically customize Titans would be nice too.

I like the minimal weapons + attachments, as it makes it seem that each is unique and has their own uses but compared to what we have all come to expect from Call of Duty it seems a bit lackluster, yeah.

HoodWinked

Definitely closer than an hour than an hour and a half. Some guy who was Gen 5 jumped out of his Titan and I killed him, took it out and kept shooting after it was doomed. Got about 5/6 hits and that's just one round.

When it comes to the challenges I played in such a way that I got most of them done quickly. Rodeo kills took longer imo.

when i was reading your reply im just like how the hell are getting 5 goosers per titan then realize this whole time you weren't talking about gooser. LOL

im still blaming you for the misunderstanding !

Lima

gotta say tho: im surprised at how barebones it is

the gameplay is there and it's enough to make it worth your while, but with super fast level progression and absolutely NO customization (plus rather bland, and very few weapons/attachments) it does feel rather.. disappointing in that aspect

I think Titanfall 2 is gonna be the real shit

That is the best thing. Fuck all this customization and thousand perk shit the new CoD games have.

Like they went back and looked at Modern Warfare and understood what made it so great. Less is more.

Definitely a work in progress.

dLHmO5f.jpg

The team on the left had 2 people in a party, the rest were solo queuing. We played ~10 matches without it splitting us up.

Have this issue on xbox one, keeps putting me against premades, sucks badly.
Hope the new playlist update creates a mode without parties like cod

Woo-Fu

Banned

This wasn't a premade. Only 2 people in that group were in a party. The improved matchmaking stacked us and kept us stacked for a good long while.

It would be interesting to see how its skill calculations deal with people using weapons they don't like/aren't familiar with. It could have thought our team was much worse than it actually was if any/many of us had been doing challenges like I was. DMR isn't the best fit for attrition, lol.

Conezays

Hey, not sure if there's a separate thread for this kind of thing or not, but if you want to play some Titanfall, I just caved and grabbed it on PC-feel free to add me: "conezays"

Cheers.

daedalius

Not a fan of losing all your unlocks when you regenerate. For some reason I was thinking it only reset all your challenges.

Doubt I'll end up doing it again.

Argonomic

Definitely a work in progress.

dLHmO5f.jpg

The team on the left had 2 people in a party, the rest were solo queuing. We played ~10 matches without it splitting us up.

Do you mean it did not split up the team you were in or it did not separate the two teams from each other? The beta playlist should always separate the two teams after 3 matches.

It's possible that it could not find good enough opponents for the stacked team, because there was not a good enough team in the pool.

Argonomic

Well, after 2 days of so-called burn-out I'm back playing again. Match-making seems a little better but still not there yet. Had to quit after a 300-93 thrashing in Attrition because I felt sorry for the other team. Poor suckers, none of them had the sense to leave themselves.

As I'm looking to gen up to level 3 I've been using a lot of the shotgun and it's crazy how it changes your tactics. Gone from stimming myself to the eyeballs and wall-hopping with the carbine to cloaking from room to room. Both equally effective, viable strategies but the latter feels quite sneaky.

Anyway, I encountered a couple of invincibility bugs with the shotty. One Spectre wouldn't die, and another pilot was able to eat 3 facefulls of lead without taking damage (confirmed by the opponent icon showing 100% health). Never had this with any other weapon.

While on the subject of bugs has anyone else encountered instant Titan death? Had it a few days ago with the Stryder where I had full shield and health then died (including pilot) from what looked like a melee from behind. I put it down to crazy lag but the same thing happened to my Ogre today with a good, wired connection. Again, punch from behind. Also had a glitch where I've gone to rip out a pilot only for the animation to show me getting ripped out! Each of these occurrences were when the battlefield was really busy, so I guess the game got lost in all the calculations.

Oh, and people saying to ditch their Spectre camo cards I disagree strongly. Had some of my best successes pretending to be a spectre, you'd be surprised how many people run straight past you.

If you have a recording with the kill replay that would be useful.

Yeah, I'm Gen 3...solo most of the time...as soon as I see this kind of lop-sided shit I bail immediately. My k/d vs humans has been steadily improving to where I'm about 2.0-3.5 over 10 games and it seems like I regularly get put on teams with noobs and terrible players vs a whole squad of good to great Gen 2+, as if the system expects me to somehow carry the team. I've gotten so I'm pretty solid, but for the moment I'm more likely to be that guy with 6-8 kills and 0-2 deaths than I am to be the guy with 20+ kills just dominating everyone. So I have no idea why the system thinks that me + a bunch of scrubs can take on a full team of good/great players. Havent played in a couple days bc its been pretty frustrating having to quit lobbies all the time...hopefully the matchmaking does get improved. Its a big time problem.

Did you do gooser like in the first week of the game? I have a hard time believing anyone can easily knock it out in one evening of playing in the current game environment. You'd need non-stop lobbies of noobs and morons.

I imagine anyone that's gotten gooser knows the eject animation pretty well. Nuclear ejection is kind of a pain as well, between all that light polluting the screen and some of the skyboxes having all sorts of crazy colors and shit flying around it's pretty easy to miss a pilot sometimes, especially a cloaked one.

Last Titan Standing. Not really that difficult

J-P

Neo Member
On XB1 right now if someone wants to join up. Using turtle beaches as wife and son are asleep so I can't talk but I am def a team player

GT: MASOCHIST 187

JimiNutz

Banned
I've suddenly started having loads of connection issues over the past few days.

Way more lag than normal and it's kicking me out of loads of games all of a sudden.
It's got to the point where over the past 3 days I've played for about 5 hours but have only actually managed to play a few complete games. Most of my time has been spent in menus or loading screens...

Anyone else having these issues suddenly?
My ping is about 40 to my closest servers (West Europe)
Is 40 a bad ping?

I'm interested in going for a digital copy of Titanfall. If I purchase a (U.S.) code from eBay, can I still redeem and play on an Australian Xbox Live account?

bananas

Banned
I've suddenly started having loads of connection issues over the past few days.

Way more lag than normal and it's kicking me out of loads of games all of a sudden.
It's got to the point where over the past 3 days I've played for about 5 hours but have only actually managed to play a few complete games. Most of my time has been spent in menus or loading screens...

Anyone else having these issues suddenly?
My ping is about 40 to my closest servers (West Europe)
Is 40 a bad ping?

I play with a 46-54 ping usually. It's fine for me.

232-300 Loss for my first game in Beta matchmaking.

I came in bottom of the middle and it was a very fierce game from my point of view. So I'd say this is a huge improvement from regular matchmaking.

Lima

Somehow you guys should lock the campaign once you have reached a certain gen. Two of my buddies are at gen 8 and need wins so they went into campaign to get easy wins off people new to the game. I admit I didn't think of that when I was gen 8.

Roflobear

Somehow you guys should lock the campaign once you have reached a certain gen. Two of my buddies are at gen 8 and need wins so they went into campaign to get easy wins off people new to the game. I admit I didn't think of that when I was gen 8.

That's extraordinarily lame

Izuna

Banned
Going 6-0 on CTF where I am the only one capturing the flag makes me very annoyed. It's not because I'm really good, it's because my team are terrible, as well as the other team. There is never anyone defending anything, and when there are, there is no one trying to capture. Bizarre, anyway I will be happy when I can stop playing CTF. I think then missing maps for I've Seen It All are Pilot Hunter, so that will be a bit more fun I guess.

Izuna

Banned
CTF is so boring without good players. I get 3-0, switch sides, then play FFX-2 as I watch the timer go out and I get MVP every game, been like this for at least 2 hours. There needs to be a CTF tutorial of sorts...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
After much flak thrown in the direction of the Smart Pistol and the EVA-8 (which I main) as cheap weapons, I played my first few matches ever using the clearly not overpowered, merely competent-at-all-tasks R101C Carbine.

...*sigh* :p

Tabasco

I just bought this game recently, and it sucks that nobody really plays the campaign mode.

I'm forced starting off playing Classic mode, which is disappointing.

Lima

I just bought this game recently, and it sucks that nobody really plays the campaign mode.

I'm forced starting off playing Classic mode, which is disappointing.

PC or Xbox? Plenty of people still play on Xbox. I went in there just a few minutes ago.

Izuna

Banned
CTF Wins GET. Need to play more Pilot Hunter until I play all maps, then there is ONLY All Hardware left, which is an achievement I have decided I won't bother with.

CTF is boring when you win by a landslide, and very annoying when you lose by an landslide. I have never had a close game, always one team plays properly or the other doesn't. Hopefully with improved matchmaking it will be better, but atm it was very boring.

Card Boy

Banned
I get 110 points, our team scores 200 and we lose, pathetic. Why does this community suck ass? Not trying to be cocky but I am worth 4 players at least and I suck at FPS.

WJD

I get 110 points, our team scores 200 and we lose, pathetic. Why does this community suck ass? Not trying to be cocky but I am worth 4 players at least and I suck at FPS.

From my experience all the shittiest players generally play like its COD+Mechs. Don't factor in the extra mobility at all and just get picked off way too easily.

Izuna

Banned
I think smart pistol does show up on radar, otherwise whats the point of putting a silencer on it?

EDIT: haha take it as a compliment
you bangout

The Radar isn't what I mean. If you get the jump on someone you can basically OHKO them by locking on. I can usually kill a person with the CAR before they turn around but not always. If anything, I would say Cloak is 100% pointless unless you are using the Smart Pistol. Regardless, half of my Pilot Kills were from ADS, so it's weak.

Grrr, finally got my Plasma Rifle challenge for Gen 3... I swear I'm never touching that weapon again.

It doesn't feel impactful, you sacrifice spatial awareness for damage and the slow rate of fire makes you feel clumsy and doesn't put enough pressure on rival Titans the way other weapons do.

Plasma rifle, see you in another life.

Izuna

Banned
Grrr, finally got my Plasma Rifle challenge for Gen 3... I swear I'm never touching that weapon again.

It doesn't feel impactful, you sacrifice spatial awareness for damage and the slow rate of fire makes you feel clumsy and doesn't put enough pressure on rival Titans the way other weapons do.

Plasma rifle, see you in another life.

50 Critical Hits with the Plasma Rifle for Gen 9. Yes you will.
But TBH, even with Instant Shot I still got 11 in my first game. IIRC

Damn the rail gun sucks ass. Gen 3 Lvl 50, doing rail gun challenges is torture.

Also, matchmaking seems to be worse than the last time I played a couple days ago. They really need to correct the systems incessant need to stick me with a horrible team. Every time I win 2-3 matches in a row it shuffles the deck completely so im with a new team and it almost always sucks or im stuck into an ongoing match with a hopeless deficit already in progress.

Linius

From my experience all the shittiest players generally play like its COD+Mechs. Don't factor in the extra mobility at all and just get picked off way too easily.

I have to admit it will take some getting used to with the extra mobility. Jumping around trough and over buildings. I bet a lot of players already know all the sneaky ways and hiding spots in maps which could help you immensly if you use all your strenghts on the battlefield.

pa22word

That feeling when you get beaten so badly even if you did score 70ish% of your teams score = v_v

Got beaten like 50-300 earlier in TDM lol, and I guess having scored the majority of the team's points despite having played the game for less than an hour total should make me feel proud when there were 3-4 people on the team in the 30s and one in the 40s (vs my level 6, lol), but dayum if that loss don't sting >_<

Having a lot of fun with the game otherwise though, even if I haven't played on a single winning team yet >.>

Woo-Fu

Banned
Do you mean it did not split up the team you were in or it did not separate the two teams from each other? The beta playlist should always separate the two teams after 3 matches.

It's possible that it could not find good enough opponents for the stacked team, because there was not a good enough team in the pool.

It didn't split up our team. Most of us were expecting it to since we weren't in a party together.

We did have a good matchup at one point but they either quit or got moved. Will it move the teams even when the games continue to be relatively close?

Oh, a question. We see lots of people complaining about how they scored awesome while the rest of their team did poorly and it is mostly it is in Attrition. Does the game increase the spawn rate of minions if you're killing them quickly? Or could this simply be a case of one player killing most of the minions on the map leaving few for the rest of the team? There have been plenty of matches where I couldn't find that many minions while on foot. Once I could get into a titan and zoom around quickly I had better luck finding and killing minions before the other people on the team.

That feeling when you get beaten so badly even if you did score 70ish% of your teams score = v_v

Got beaten like 50-300 earlier in TDM lol, and I guess having scored the majority of the team's points despite having played the game for less than an hour total should make me feel proud when there were 3-4 people on the team in the 30s and one in the 40s (vs my level 6, lol), but dayum if that loss don't sting >_<

Having a lot of fun with the game otherwise though, even if I haven't played on a single winning team yet >.>

Joining a match late, finishing top and the team loses. I love that. Sometimes I wonder what players get up to that you can out score them by joining late.

I am going to network cable this game up tonight. I am trying to find an explanation for the following (my ping was 50 and so was the vast majority of everyone's including the other team):

1. I see a player with their back to me (oblivious to my sly intentions) shooting at someone down on the floor
  2. I kick them
  3. WHAT! I am dead!
  4. Their killcam shows they kicked me - I had just happily walked straight up to them

Also did Respawn state how long it will take for cheaters to get removed to their own little cheating **** digital land?

Another happy little experience last night:

Opposition team member killed a player to their right (quite far off on the map).

The kill cam then shows them magically spin round, lock on perfectly and shoot me. Those are some super human powers.

Woo-Fu

Banned
The kill cam then shows them magically spin round, lock on perfectly and shoot me. Those are some super human powers.

I think most of the magic spin is just latency compensation. What your client sees isn't necessarily exactly what happened. Lock-on could just be lucky shots or somebody benefiting from the aim assist provided when using controller on PC.

What I hate are people with 200+ ping who don't seem to take any damage at all yet kill you instantly, which is presumably another latency compensation issue. Anything over 100ms or so and the latency compensation really starts to become noticeable, in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom