• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argonomic

Great another 3 vs 6 game in beta matchmaking, such an amazing improvement over super stacked teams stomping me in normal matchmaking.

Edit: Now in a 2 vs 6 game, why do the matches even start with not nearly enough players and why does one team get more players instead of balancing it? Really what is this shit Respawn?

The player count and lobby timer issues are things we are working on.

Jito

Banned
The player count and lobby timer issues are things we are working on.

That's good to hear!

I've got another strange glitch that happens a lot when I tab out of the game, either the game with just stop working "Titanfall.exe has stopped responding" or I'll load into a game and the image on screen is frozen while the game is playing in the background. I'll get a video if you'd like as it is happening a lot lately. Anything you've heard of?

Edit: I'd like to apologise for my general attitude with my posts this week. I've been being douche as I've had some crap times with the game this week after plenty of great times already. Glad Respawn are already making progress with the new features they want to implement and are already addressing issues with patches and promised future content. Just had to have a few good games then finally to remind myself how great this game really is when everything clicks into place. Thanks again for making a top notch game Respawn.

Jito

Banned
How do others do it? If I'm rodeoed, my HP bleeds fast. Whenever I rodeo, if I'm not dead before the first shot, reloading is so slow and the whole notion of rodeo is inefficient and risky.

Your sidearms do crazy damage to Titans when you rodeo them. I always switch to my auto pistol and unload, surprisingly it seems to do damage quicker than my Carbine or SMG.

Korosenai

I absolutely despised this weapon at first, but the Plasma Railgun with the instant shot mod might just be the best Titan weapon... It's so good.

Improved matchmaking. I decided to take a ss after about the fifth match in a row that contained similar gen clusters and scorelines. the 300-100 was average +-30 points

WI9L8WB.jpg

Sean

Banned
Why? Titans are super easy to rodeo and destroy.

Not when the entire enemy team has titans and are using teamwork. Pilots would be completely fucked in a mode like that.

You rodeo one titan and 5 of his teammates will be shooting cluster missiles and quad rockets and chain guns, not to mention the electric smoke. Won't get very far with that.

TrueGrime

Not when the entire enemy team has titans and are using teamwork. Pilots would be completely fucked in a mode like that.

You rodeo one titan and 5 of his teammates will be shooting cluster missiles and quad rockets and chain guns, not to mention the electric smoke. Won't get very far with that.

Yup. Parties full of people actually talk together and asking someone to get a pilot off you happens a lot. At least in my parties.

HoodWinked

this shit drives me crazy when someone rodeos your auto-titan and the titan doesnt stay in a crouched state instead it just keeps turning towards you protecting the rodeo'd pilot.

is there some way you can direct control a titan through rodeoing?

Hey guys. Adoring this game if anyone wants to add me to play I would be delighted: prisonmikescott.

One thing, has anyone had any glitched achievements? It's showing 100percent progress in the militia campaign in the achievements screen. I've completed the campaign countless times (due to this glitch - I thought I better keep playing campaign) and I've hard reset the xbox but the achievement still hasn't popped. How can I rectify this?

Kydd BlaZe

Oh man...playing Hardpoint Domination solo is about as fun as slamming your head against the wall repeatedly until you give yourself a concussion and blackout so you never have to play this horrible fucking gametype ever again...

/rant

Too close to this "win 50 matches" achievement to stop now....uggghhhhhhh

Roflobear

Did COD4 or MW2 ever have these matchmaking issues? I feel like these devs have been in the FPS business too long to be having these lopsided lobbies (which are still somewhat present in the beta playlist to a lesser degree).

On an unrelated note, the charge rifle regen requirement is the most annoying one thus far :(

2s3CQzD.png

got this error today on pc version which booted me to lobby, is this common?

also the smart pistol are really starting to piss me off, i dont know why they thought it would be a good idea to include a gun that doesnt require any aiming what so ever, people just jump around while it aims which makes it hard to kill them. they need to remove that shit asap

edit: i have no idea how to get this image to show up, i uploaded to imgur.com but its not working on this forum for some reason

Izuna

Banned
Aaaaand the Smart Pistol hate is back again. I feel massively handicapped while using it, so many areas in the map that you can't go to. Training Grounds for example, I dare you to try and do well with a Smart Pistol in that map. Or better yet, Lagoon.

I think Respawn did a great job making a weapon seem very powerful to level the playing field for newbies and the casual players, while making it almost entirely ineffective for the skilled player.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Aaaaand the Smart Pistol hate is back again. I feel massively handicapped while using it, so many areas in the map that you can't go to. Training Grounds for example, I dare you to try and do well with a Smart Pistol in that map. Or better yet, Lagoon.

I think Respawn did a great job making a weapon seem very powerful to level the playing field for newbies and the casual players, while making it almost entirely ineffective for the skilled player.

I like the full auto pistol better. The smart pistol is great for racking up minion kills, though.

blakep267

that feel when your about to break 100 for the first time on attrition, and you find a group of specters and you jsut need to kill 1, but the limit gets reached :(

Izuna

Banned
I like the full auto pistol better. The smart pistol is great for racking up minion kills, though.

Auto Pistol is pretty much a weak SMG that you use when you run our of ammo or you are carrying a Shotty and you need the range (sniper bla bla). In my opinion, the Wingman + Shotgun is going to be the ultimate set-up once people get their aiming right. The CAR is OP but no one seems to care, so I will keep on using it.

EDIT: As for Minion Kills, I don't use the suppressor so I either kill them in a Titan or with grenades. Only if I'm seconds away from having a Titan online or I know I am far from other pilots do I "shoot" them. IMO Smart Pistol is great for shooting mines in CTF, but it can't be used for defence at all,

frankly its not hated enough, there should be a petition on change.org to remove this garbage. titanfall engagements happen in medium to close range which makes it easy to use smart pistol + cloak. this game is way too noob friendly, starting to get really frustrated with this crap

There still is no reason for the weapon to exist, it's such a pointless and lame addition. Just because a few maps are not good choices for it, it's balanced? Click of a button you switch to a different load out.

It's a silly concept for a shooter like this, why it even exists in the game is mind boggling.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Auto Pistol is pretty much a weak SMG that you use when you run our of ammo or you are carrying a Shotty and you need the range (sniper bla bla). In my opinion, the Wingman + Shotgun is going to be the ultimate set-up once people get their aiming right. The CAR is OP but no one seems to care, so I will keep on using it.

EDIT: As for Minion Kills, I don't use the suppressor so I either kill them in a Titan or with grenades. Only if I'm seconds away from having a Titan online or I know I am far from other pilots do I "shoot" them. IMO Smart Pistol is great for shooting mines in CTF, but it can't be used for defence at all,

I only play Attrition and I hate the smart pistol but the few times I have used it I racked up minion kills.

88random

Epic performance, but it was not enough...

13499446364_2dcb91a17e_c.jpg

Last round, me alone against 4 titans. I fought like crazy, destroyed 2 of them and almost 3rd... But it's almost impossible to make that kind of comeback in LTS.

Ogre + 40mm + cluster missile + smoke + big punch + fast autoloader (or regen booster) make for an awesome combination.

Vitor711

Shotgun is OP as F*CK.

I shouldn't be getting insta-killed from 100 metres away.

Anyway, less annoying that the occasional disconnects/crashes to desktop. Happens in about 10% of my games. That needs fixing as DOTA never does that to me even in the hour long matches there.

zou

Fuck Matchmaking. Is it that hard to skip games that are about to end? Last two games I was put into the epilogue, the other ended shortly after I joined. Especially given the horrible connect/load times.

Edit: AHahahahah, and as I type this I join yet another game that ends before I can even select my pilot config. 5 minutes of loading for 10 seconds of play. fun.
Edit2: And fourth game I join is 3 on 6 gen5+ players. I guess the game is telling me to stop playing.

New page bump: sorry but it's super annoying!

Hey guys. Adoring this game if anyone wants to add me to play I would be delighted: prisonmikescott.

One thing, has anyone had any glitched achievements? It's showing 100percent progress in the militia campaign in the achievements screen. I've completed the campaign countless times (due to this glitch - I thought I better keep playing campaign) and I've hard reset the xbox but the achievement still hasn't popped. How can I rectify this?

danielcw

Fuck Matchmaking. Is it that hard to skip games that are about to end? Last two games I was put into the epilogue, the other ended shortly after I joined. Especially given the horrible connect/load times.

Edit: AHahahahah, and as I type this I join yet another game that ends before I can even select my pilot config. 5 minutes of loading for 10 seconds of play. fun.
Edit2: And fourth game I join is 3 on 6 gen5+ players. I guess the game is telling me to stop playing.

I only played the Beat, so sorry if outdated, but ...
Do you leave a match after 1 round?
If you join during the epilogue, stay in the game and you will likely be in a full to almost full match after that

Cru

New page bump: sorry but it's super annoying!

I had this happen to me with 4 achievements. Took 4 or 5 days before they randomly unlocked.

Animator

Epic performance, but it was not enough...

13499446364_2dcb91a17e_c.jpg

Last round, me alone against 4 titans. I fought like crazy, destroyed 2 of them and almost 3rd... But it's almost impossible to make that kind of comeback in LTS.

Ogre + 40mm + cluster missile + smoke + big punch + fast autoloader (or regen booster) make for an awesome combination.

Damn dude thats impressive. I suck at LTS and more so at playing ogre.

So I downloaded the PC version and compared to the xbox one. PC has a 670 so everything is max detail at 1080p. The image quality is much better, but it feels strange playing on PC. Maybe I just like the xbox one controller better. Also I notice I suck a lot more on PC. I imagine it's because master race rolls with k/m combo more often than not and has gotten really good. I also notice more GEN 6-7 and even saw GEN 9 today never seen that on xbone. PC also glitched out on me once. Probably more windows 8 fault than the game who knows.

Overall I think I lean toward the xbox one version even with it's lower resolution. I think I like the controller and more importantly the player base is less serious I think. Better for a casual like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom