• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most of the magic spin is just latency compensation. What your client sees isn't necessarily exactly what happened. Lock-on could just be lucky shots or somebody benefiting from the aim assist provided when using controller on PC.

What I hate are people with 200+ ping who don't seem to take any damage at all yet kill you instantly, which is presumably another latency compensation issue. Anything over 100ms or so and the latency compensation really starts to become noticeable, in my experience.

Yesterday I was shooting a running player; I'd move the mouse the expected amount to follow him and he would suddenly make a huge amount of ground and ended up inside a building having survived. His ping was around 180.

Being killed by what seems like one or two bullets when you have to pump a tonne into a player is not fun.

tauke

I think most of the magic spin is just latency compensation. What your client sees isn't necessarily exactly what happened. Lock-on could just be lucky shots or somebody benefiting from the aim assist provided when using controller on PC.

What I hate are people with 200+ ping who don't seem to take any damage at all yet kill you instantly, which is presumably another latency compensation issue. Anything over 100ms or so and the latency compensation really starts to become noticeable, in my experience.

Have to agree on this. I got jump kicked many times from players with more than 100+ ping and the killcam clearly shows me dancing around from their POV.

Hence why I jump into a Titan quickly whenever the opportunity arise as the Titan gameplay style suits the current latency compensation...

B98i59k.png

WTF Man

Look you are going to have to accept the word of this player. With a name like ToTaLLy LeGiTxx how can you not?

I have always wondered how players remember which letters need to be uppercase and lowercase when using tags like this. And always with the xx.

Reloaded

Banned
izunadono said:

I got up to 7th prestige on MW2 in just a few days after release and received very similar messages.

The voice message rants i received were something special. i wish I'd saved them.:(

Luckily, the only messages iv'e received on Titanfall have been 'GG's and 'well played'. The community has been great for me so far.

I like the guy who said 'i got this yesterday', like its some sort of justification that everyone should be at low level.

I take it as a compliment when being called a cheat; someone had a real meltdown last week saying I would be banned once cheaters were taken care of.

I would rather be hopeless, helpless and useless than use a cheat.

In regards to the MVP and top 3 stats.

If you are MVP does it also add to the "times top 3" stat or are they separate?

I really need to stop worrying about these bl**dy numbers.

Okay, yeah. Colony is a great map.

Do we know when the matchmaking updates will be applied to the rest of matchmaking? Curious as to how they'll work with objectives. I exclusively play the Variety Map Pack.

Special C

I'm so OCD I made a spreadsheet of each level and gametype for the achievement. When I got that LAST level/gametype combo I didn't get the achievement! Must have made an error somewhere. .. Hopefully I'll unlock just by playing soon.

Izuna

Banned
I'm so OCD I made a spreadsheet of each level and gametype for the achievement. When I got that LAST level/gametype combo I didn't get the achievement! Must have made an error somewhere. .. Hopefully I'll unlock just by playing soon.

Oh I did the same thing after I finished with CTF. If it doesn't pop when I play Rise I am going to flip out. I played 300+ games of Attrition, I know where all the Hardpoints and Flags are, and I played a TON of LTS and know where you start on each stage. It would have to be bugged.

Somehow you guys should lock the campaign once you have reached a certain gen. Two of my buddies are at gen 8 and need wins so they went into campaign to get easy wins off people new to the game. I admit I didn't think of that when I was gen 8.

I played two campaign games last night as a solo player and got teamed up with a bunch of of level 15-30 vs all gen 2-6. We got slaughtered. Like 300 to 50 bad.

Izuna

Banned
Oh another funny Gen Challenge statistic... I got 50 MVP wins long before I got the 100 Wins for Gen 8. Mostly because at first CTF was really hard, but when you get going it's the quickest to MVP.

Still no fucking Rise though...

I will play for exactly one more hour, if I don't see Rise there is definitely something wrong. All other stages came up at least twice each times so far, most five or six times.

Jarrod38

Did anyone else get kicked off the game around 11:30 PM ET last night? Was doing really good in that match and boom lost connection to the game.

Izuna

Banned
Just started a Titan execution and the other player disappeared, I thought it was lag but apparently they can just rage quit and you don't get the kill. =/

EDIT: RISE!! Oh please let this Achievement Pop so I can go back to the vastly superior Pilot Hunter.

Man racing to MVP on Colony is chaotic.

EDIT2: Got excited, heart racing, got 20-1 on Rise, and the achievement popped! I'll get all the hardware next month. *phew* Titanfall is my fav game ATM by far.

2KPxtXn.jpg

Oh Attrition how I missed you!

I'm starting to hate Last Titan Standing. Every game I get into is 3 or 4 people on each side just trying to complete Gen challenges. They're using weapons that they're terrible with, and sometimes they just jump out of the titan at the start of the match to work on anti-titan weapon challenges.

Izuna

Banned
I know level isn't a measure of skill but by Gen 8 you'd think they'd be somewhat good at the game. He was in the match from the beginning.

His KD is pretty awesome tbh, he was probably taking people out from outside of the Hardpoints giving immense support. Who cares about the points?

I'm starting to hate Last Titan Standing. Every game I get into is 3 or 4 people on each side just trying to complete Gen challenges. They're using weapons that they're terrible with, and sometimes they just jump out of the titan at the start of the match to work on anti-titan weapon challenges.

I'm guilty of having done this, but to be honest with you I wouldn't have ever played LTS if it weren't for the challenges. I think it's the same for most of the people you see messing around.

Izuna

Banned
Any tips for dropping my titan on people? I have been stuck at 10 for so long.

Gen 8 requirement? I managed to pull of an average of two a game by playing Pilot Hunter. Rodeo a Titan, when they get out look all the way down and jump -- call your Titan. It should put it underneath it unless you are indoors. I couldn't get it to work on minions.

Find a titan that has electric smoke. Rodeo him, because he'll use the smoke and then stand in the middle of it for a while. Jump off when he uses the smoke and call the titan directed into the smoke.

Or wait till he ejects from front, press down on d-pad and double jump away. Guaranteed titan drop kill with warpfall perk.

tauke

So I been playing around with this setup of nuclear ejection and auto eject. What I do whenever my Titan is doomed is to coax the other players into dashing away/melee me and I'll dash to them while I auto-ejected.

Took down several enemy Titans with this trick haha. I realize with the auto-eject perk, you'll not be able to get executed by enemy Titan melee.

MNC

gotta say tho: im surprised at how barebones it is

the gameplay is there and it's enough to make it worth your while, but with super fast level progression and absolutely NO customization (plus rather bland, and very few weapons/attachments) it does feel rather.. disappointing in that aspect

I think Titanfall 2 is gonna be the real shit

I feel the same and I already stopped playing this daily.

gotta finish up dat south park tho

tauke

i want a pilot vs titans playlist, that could be epic. and at half time the players switch roles

I've been punching pilots to oblivion as a Titan lol especially when using the Stryder chassis.

Unless the Titan can't melee and forbid to use lectric smoke, it can be pretty fun to see such match.

I didn't even realize that's a thing. Can you pinpoint where your Titan is going to drop or is it random?

Aim your gun at the ground where you want the titan to fall and it should fall there. Though I've never done it, I've heard that if you rodeo a titan and the player gets out hop off and aim you Titanfall on that area. There's not enough time for the player to get back into their titan and you'll crush their titan just about every time.

I've been punching pilots to oblivion as a Titan lol especially when using the Stryder chassis.

Unless the Titan can't melee and forbid to use lectric smoke, it can be pretty fun to see such match.

wat if its 6 titans vs 12 pilots? obviously then u couldnt switch at half time though arrghhh tough being developer. i defo want more playlist though, hopefully one without bots

also repawn please make it so bots appear with a white/yellow gametag and dont shoot against pilots so its easy to distinguish them from real players. nothing is more annoying than shooting a bots while a pilot kills u

Jito

Banned
Great another 3 vs 6 game in beta matchmaking, such an amazing improvement over super stacked teams stomping me in normal matchmaking.

Edit: Now in a 2 vs 6 game, why do the matches even start with not nearly enough players and why does one team get more players instead of balancing it? Really what is this shit Respawn?

got to gen 2, going to take a break from this game for a while as I'm starting to burn out. I look forward to coming back in a month or so and starting all over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom