• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrongway

I gotta say, the DMR is pretty damn good once you get the low-magnification scope for it. Really breezed through its challenges once I got that.

Having a harder time with the quad rocket, though. It demands such short range for accuracy, and I feel like I spend half of a fight just reloading, only for a shot from someone else to score the kill once I've done 95% of the work. Might have to break down and put it on an Ogre so I can afford to loiter in combat longer and time the killshot better. :x

Lima

Having a harder time with the quad rocket, though. It demands such short range for accuracy, and I feel like I spend half of a fight just reloading, only for a shot from someone else to score the kill once I've done 95% of the work. Might have to break down and put it on an Ogre so I can afford to loiter in combat longer and time the killshot better. :x

Treat it like a shotgun and use it with the Stryder and dash around him like a motherfucker.

Also if they are strafing make prediction shots to which side they are moving. Once you unlock the rapid fire mod it becomes such a beast weapon. Right up there with the 40mm and chaingun.

Roflobear

I gotta say, the DMR is pretty damn good once you get the low-magnification scope for it. Really breezed through its challenges once I got that.

Yea I had the same thing happen to me too. I would definitely go with the Ogre and also the Vortex Shield so if they throw stuff at you, you can throw it back at them and take their health down that much more. Also the rapid fire mod helps a ton with the quad rocket. I completed the challenges way faster once I got that

Treat it like a shotgun and use it with the Stryder and dash around him like a motherfucker.

Also if they are strafing make prediction shots to which side they are moving. Once you unlock the rapid fire mod it becomes such a beast weapon. Right up there with the 40mm and chaingun.

This is a good strategy too

No, put it on a stryder so you can move circles around them. Use your speed wisely. Sneak up on them, pop a cluster bomb and rain them down until they start fighting back. Then dash away while reloading, then run back to finish them off.

You can try fighting long range, but you're not going to best anybody with a 40mm or Chaingun. An Ogre would be demolished when 2 vs. 1, but a stryder can dash away and pick a better fight. Smoke is a necessity not only for rodeo, but for running away or trapping somebody.

Argonomic

2s3CQzD.png

got this error today on pc version which booted me to lobby, is this common?

also the smart pistol are really starting to piss me off, i dont know why they thought it would be a good idea to include a gun that doesnt require any aiming what so ever, people just jump around while it aims which makes it hard to kill them. they need to remove that shit asap

edit: i have no idea how to get this image to show up, i uploaded to imgur.com but its not working on this forum for some reason

I think this one is fixed in the next client patch.

I'm getting five minute plus loading times on PC now. Used to be thirty seconds or so, but I missed an entire round of LTS. I think something's bugged. Other people on the server hit the same thing. The other team got 200 domination points while we loaded. Crazy

We didn't load up the menu between matches. Loading screen straight to loading screen for domination. Then like five minutes. Then middle of a match where people we had been playing against were already loaded up and capping points....

wrongway

Oh I've been using it on the Stryder so far since it's my favorite, I'm just a fan of the good ol' hit-and-fade with the 40mm. It definitely works as a knife fighter, but so far I'm only getting 1 or 2 fights out of it before I have to abandon it. Gotta work on my brawling skills. :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
[also the smart pistol are really starting to piss me off, i dont know why they thought it would be a good idea to include a gun that doesnt require any aiming what so ever, people just jump around while it aims which makes it hard to kill them. they need to remove that shit asap
frankly its not hated enough, there should be a petition on change.org to remove this garbage. titanfall engagements happen in medium to close range which makes it easy to use smart pistol + cloak. this game is way too noob friendly, starting to get really frustrated with this crap
Thanks for this *equips smart pistol*

These fucking noobs with their noobishness, being all nooby
There still is no reason for the weapon to exist, it's such a pointless and lame addition. Just because a few maps are not good choices for it, it's balanced? Click of a button you switch to a different load out.

It's a silly concept for a shooter like this, why it even exists in the game is mind boggling.
It was obvious to me within a couple of seconds of using it why it exists.
It can be helpful for newbies in that it eliminates "good aim" as a necessity to score a single kill. It certainly does not compensate for skill nor is it a particularly superb option in the hands of a skilled player. It also doesn't outright suck.

Frankly, it's a fine addition to this game. It gives people who might not even get the chance to enjoy themselves the capability to at least kill people in full-on "got the jump on you" scenarios, fits the universe nicely, it's cool (seriously did no one else think of the Fifth Element gun? just me?), and it doesn't break gameplay.
to this I append all the dealwithit.gifs in the world

Yes the smart pistol is perfectly fine considering its useless without enhanced targeting and with it it's still inferior to every other weapon.

It just adds a different play style to the game, like the carbine is very different in play style from shotgun/car smg and smart pistol.

It certainly doesn't break the game balance and it helps less experienced players with all the intricacies of the game.

I'd rather play against someone with a smart pistol than a shotgun any day.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'd rather play against someone with a smart pistol than a shotgun any day.
As a shotty lover I will defend your opinion to the death although after having spent some time with the carbine it strikes me as the obviously best gun I've used by a fair margin :X

As a shotty lover I will defend your opinion to the death although after having spent some time with the carbine it strikes me as the obviously best gun I've used by a fair margin :X

I don't play CoD games often enough so the juggle of hip fire/ADS isn't something I am used to and to me carbine feels like I am shooting air when not using ADS. It's just not for me really. Also I find it hard to move well while using ADS.

Does anyone know if you get recognition for the 50 gooser kills or do you have to get to Gen 6. I got all 50 gooser kills but going away on a work trip so I can't regenerate. Just curious!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't either, but I got used to it pretty quickly. Basically you just ADS when you already have your target in your crosshairs and fire. I don't really use it for actual aiming. But you're right that it's barely anything when not using ADS.

It's not that fun for me personally, I'm not a COD fan and it just feels... so automatic once you have them in your sights. I know that's ironic in contrast to the smart pistol, but playing with the smart pistol is honestly more interesting from my perspective :p

Izuna

Banned
There still is no reason for the weapon to exist, it's such a pointless and lame addition. Just because a few maps are not good choices for it, it's balanced? Click of a button you switch to a different load out.

It's a silly concept for a shooter like this, why it even exists in the game is mind boggling.

Alright, okay. Allow me to rant a little.

Why are people annoyed by the Smart Pistol? On the Kill Cam they see someone using it. "So easy!" right? Even with Enhanced Targetting, and yes I know you understand this point, it kills slower than other weapons do.

Perhaps you feel that it's unfair, completely unfair, that it takes pretty much no skill to kill with the Smart Pistol right? I really don't believe so. The weapon is a handicap. If you are up against a Smart Pistol player, so long as he is not behind you or he is rapidly shooting with ADP (no lock on) he will die.

The problem with this is that it might not matter because it takes a lot of skill to outmatch a Smart Pistol right? Let's understand how the Smart Pistol actually works. Now let's ignore Minion Kills because while it may be easy to get them, if they're not using the Suppressor it's not worth it on any game mode except perhaps Attrition.

With the Smart Pistol, in order to kill someone, you have to keep the sight looking at a pilot in order to shoot three bullets. It does not shoot through corners, and it only targets what is inside of the reticle.

Now if you are clocked, the targetting takes an extremely long time. If you don't have clock, and you shouldn't be doing this anyway, you will have to be barely moving for the Smart Pistol to work. There are many instances where you might not be moving such as rodeoing a Titan or *cough* camping etc. but for the most part I can't think of a single situation where someone is close enough to a player that is hardly moving, that is actually in the Smart Pistol's range.

As I said when I use it is a handicap, but that doesn't mean I think it's useless. My point being is that in order for it to work, the Smart Pistol is to target a slow or not moving target. I have played with people using the Smart Pistol a lot, I know this mostly because I recognise the skin it gives their character. I hardly ever die by the Smart Pistol and it's not because I'm amazing at getting around the map, it's simply because I'm constantly moving.

Those of you complaining about the Smart Pistol will eventually learn to laugh when you see someone use it and think "free kill". This game isn't aim over strategy believe it or not, I mean you have Titans capable of causing OHKO and standing on top of Minion Spawns for nearly the same amount of points as killing a Pilot nets you.

I don't understand Smart Pistol hate because there are so many more easy and brainless ways to kill the same sort of pilot who presumably doesn't move around much.

Finster

I only played the Beat, so sorry if outdated, but ...
Do you leave a match after 1 round?
If you join during the epilogue, stay in the game and you will likely be in a full to almost full match after that

The problem is that, unlike CoD, they don't shuffle the teams between rounds. That means when you join a game close to the end like that, you're usually on the losing side. Well, have fun next round as you'll most likely be on the losing side again.

In CoD they shuffle the lobby and in BF4 (on PC) a lot of servers will auto-balance or shuffle between rounds. Stacked teams have been a thing since, oh I don't know, Quake? Matchmaking is one area Respawn really dropped the ball.

If the shotgun isn't nerfed I imagine that some kind of a change to the meta game will happen. As it is, its too good. The moment I was forced to do the shotgun challenges I jumped to the top of the scoreboard and winning games.

tauke

I turn the tide of battle in Attrition for my team by killing lots of minions/grunts so my team win instead of losing.

Minion detector is really handy and cloak as well to run pass enemy Titan since I have no idea why my team members just focus on killing enemy pilot and Titan... -_-

Izuna

Banned
yzPr8l7.jpg

Because highest score was mentioned... We were losing by about 50 points and then I told everyone how screwed they are on this map if we are the only ones with Titans.

I turn the tide of battle in Attrition for my team by killing lots of minions/grunts so my team win instead of losing.

Minion detector is really handy and cloak as well to run pass enemy Titan since I have no idea why my team members just focus on killing enemy pilot and Titan... -_-

I always use Minion Detector since it gives me a sense of where the battles are. Honestly besides using grenades and kicking, you really shouldn't care about killing minions if you're not in a Titan.

one game we were losing an attrition match by twenty 291 - 275. A dude gets his full health titan and runs into a group of four titans and nuclear ejects putting us ahead by 4 points and then we finish it off 300 - 292.

Izuna

Banned
one game we were losing an attrition match by twenty 291 - 275. A dude gets his full health titan and runs into a group of four titans and nuclear ejects putting us ahead by 4 points and then we finish it off 300 - 292.

Numbers are a bit off, but I saw that happen myself haha.

(numbers are off because a Titan is worth 5 points, unless they didn't even shoot him once it gives them the points)

tauke

new matchmaking is fucking awful, I'm going to leave the game once it gets fully implemented. So much for my CoD killer.

I can't even get any match with the beta matchmaking for East Asia and SEA since its introduction.

Also not sure if this has something to do with my region but I can't find any proper match for CTF/Pilot Hunter/LTS. Let's say I managed to get a match (after waiting like 20mins), most of them bail out after the match over.

Either it's Campaign, Attrition or Hardpoint (where I play the most) or play the eternal waiting lobby for other modes.

Numbers are a bit off, but I saw that happen myself haha.

(numbers are off because a Titan is worth 5 points, unless they didn't even shoot him once it gives them the points)

yeah, I don't remember the specifics, but we were in the 270s. They were 291. I went...oh no we're going to lose. Then all of a sudden we're at like 295 or something. We win two seconds later. Twas amazing.

Archpath1

Its pretty funny being in a party on xbox one and hearing people in the party say xbox record that quite often
This game sure does produce some great moments

Izuna

Banned
Worst team partners ever. Managed to win by just 4 points. I look at the board and no one has anything above 35 and there's a dude with 5 deaths not even a single minion kill. I feel that this old matchmaking was the reason why I found Hardpoint/CTF so difficult to get a good team in. At least you can carry people in Attrition, that's what I like about it.

EDIT:
OMG I feel awesome right now. Joined a winning team 150-70 and ended up making MVP by 7 points, most Pilot Kills. That was probably the luckiest thing I've done.

Roflobear

Once you don't have challenges to worry about, variety pack is probably the best playlist. I got grouped together with a really good team and had a lot of fun winning in all the different modes

JimiNutz

Banned
If the shotgun isn't nerfed I imagine that some kind of a change to the meta game will happen. As it is, its too good. The moment I was forced to do the shotgun challenges I jumped to the top of the scoreboard and winning games.

I dont actually do that well when I use the shotgun.
If you're a shotgun user do you tend to stay indoors? I like running around on the roofs and the shotgun isn't good for killing people down below.

Lima

Fucking fuckedy snipers in this game. Man they are so terrible I can't understand why anyone would use them. But more often than not I see someone running around with them.

Man the area of effect on satchel charges is crazy. They should at least tone down the splash damage the further out it is.
Yeah it defo needs to be nerfed, way too easy to get kills right now

new matchmaking is fucking awful, I'm going to leave the game once it gets fully implemented. So much for my CoD killer.
I tried the beta matchmaking and it crashed the game so I havnt tried it again
I think this one is fixed in the next client patch.
Yes!!! Thanks for removing noob pistol, very kind of u
wishful thinking, I know

Izuna

Banned
You know what I want? A Pilot Hunter mode where Titan kills matter as well. Pilot Hunter itself just doesn't work with the way people play their Titans in that mode and how unrewarding it is. People just get their Titan, get Rodeo'd and manually eject right away.

I love Attrition but I like the idea of a Pilot Hunter every now and then, I just think it doesn't work =(

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
If you have a recording with the kill replay that would be useful.
Here is a different bug that I have managed to reproduce on both PC and Xbox One.

Xbox One footage:
http://1drv.ms/1gPhbii

What happened here is I had a lag spike during a killcam. The lag spike came from an automated download process on my PC that maxed out my connection. I paused the download a few seconds later... but it seems like if you get that "Retrying Connection" during the killcam you are done for. You get a janky broken spectator mode where you keep the reticule from whatever was on the killcam you were watching, and you don't respawn.

Later I was playing on PC and the exact same thing happened. Only difference was that unlike on Xbox I wasn't also checking the scoreboard at the same time, so I don't think the fact that the Xbox version happened to crap out while I was looking at the scoreboard in the video is important.

Now if any of that is new or useful, what might be useful to me is if a couple of DLC pass keys showed up in my inbox. Buying that sweet DLC on top of buying the game on two platforms kinda adds up... *wink wink* *nudge nudge*

E92 M3

I can't even get any match with the beta matchmaking for East Asia and SEA since its introduction.

Also not sure if this has something to do with my region but I can't find any proper match for CTF/Pilot Hunter/LTS. Let's say I managed to get a match (after waiting like 20mins), most of them bail out after the match over.

Either it's Campaign, Attrition or Hardpoint (where I play the most) or play the eternal waiting lobby for other modes.

Hmm the wait time is what I'm worried about, since we don't have the population of COD.

- I hate how people can place satchel charges around the flag and blow you up when you're trying to get to them.
- I hate electric smoke. I rodeo'd a Titan only to have him back up into a wall and kill me with the smoke.

*le sigh*

Bessy67

- I hate how people can place satchel charges around the flag and blow you up when you're trying to get to them.
- I hate electric smoke. I rodeo'd a Titan only to have him back up into a wall and kill me with the smoke.

*le sigh*
Electric smoke is fine. Titans need a countermeasure for rodeoing pilots. It would be nice if active radar also showed planted enemy explosives, but you can also just toss in your own explosive to get rid of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom