• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont actually do that well when I use the shotgun.
If you're a shotgun user do you tend to stay indoors? I like running around on the roofs and the shotgun isn't good for killing people down below.

Yeah roofs would be the worst place for a shotgun. If anyone has a carbine or anything with a scope you better hope you can run and hide before they see you. You are also exposed when climbing onto the roof but then you still have a better chance of killing them point blank if you don't get taken out while climbing up top.

Shotgun is effective indoors and anywhere with corners where you have the chance to surprise someone and take them out with a single shot. Roofs are dangerous but dropping on top off someone from one might also work. I had decent success with chasing people down with stims as well, obviously you can't fire if you can't kill them in one hit otherwise they'll be ready with satchels or something else and flip the tables on you.

Electric smoke is fine. Titans need a countermeasure for rodeoing pilots. It would be nice if active radar also showed planted enemy explosives, but you can also just toss in your own explosive to get rid of them.
I don't think Electric smoke is fine. A countermeasure for pilots rodeoing is simply being aware of your surroundings.

Also, I like having frag grenades instead of explosives. They shouldn't be allowed to do that in the first place.

Kydd BlaZe

Why the hell is my ping consistently 95-100ms? I live in South Dakota, so does the fact that I live in the middle of nowhere have anything to do with it? Like...am I nowhere near any of the North Central servers or something?

I don't think Electric smoke is fine. A countermeasure for pilots rodeoing is simply being aware of your surroundings.

Also, I like having frag grenades instead of explosives. They shouldn't be allowed to do that in the first place.

electric smoke is easy to counter so i dont have a prob with it, i wait for titan to engage smoke, i jump out throw emp gernade and shoot shoot with side winder, go invisible and rodeo again

decided to regen after not thinking I was going to do it because it's just e-penis bs

ivemadeaterriblemistake.gif

I'm good with whatever as a pilot but these low tier Titan builds are just terrible

Why the hell is my ping consistently 95-100ms? I live in South Dakota, so does the fact that I live in the middle of nowhere have anything to do with it? Like...am I nowhere near any of the North Central servers or something?

I read the north central data servers are in Illinois so that's probably why you have such a high ping. I'm in Ohio and my ping to north central is usually between 20ms and 35ms depending on time of day.

Spasm

- I hate how people can place satchel charges around the flag and blow you up when you're trying to get to them.
- I hate electric smoke. I rodeo'd a Titan only to have him back up into a wall and kill me with the smoke.

*le sigh*

Arc mines are worse. I never go into a flag-room any more without first filling it full of cluster missile.

Fucking fuckedy snipers in this game. Man they are so terrible I can't understand why anyone would use them. But more often than not I see someone running around with them.
I have less than 100 combined sniper rifle kills. I think they're fun to use! But I'd much rather be wall running and gunning across the map. That's the best part of the game for me.

I know the score isn't as high as some other people posted, but man does matchmaking need a fix. Started the match at lvl 5 and just used an amped smart pistol for most of it.

titanfall2014-03-3010zvbif.jpg

Kydd BlaZe

decided to regen after not thinking I was going to do it because it's just e-penis bs

ivemadeaterriblemistake.gif

I'm good with whatever as a pilot but these low tier Titan builds are just terrible
You'll unlock everything again pretty quickly though. I'm on Gen 4 so far, and aside from the regen challenges...it's been pretty painless.

wrongway

Smoke is fine. Titans can't see cloaked pilots, so rodeoing is virtually guaranteed if you want to do it. Smoke provides a very, very limited pilot deterrent in exchange for reduced survivability in titan vs titan fights. Personally, I think it's the weakest option for the slot.

When it comes to flag running, as an old Tribes player -- Always assume the flag is mined. It's a perfectly legitimate tactic, people should be doing it, and you should be willing to counter it if you want to make solo grabs.

Roflobear

Then invisibility would have to be redone since it's almost impossible to see an invisible pilot as a Titan, especially if they're coming from odd angles or if you're busy fighting someone else

Smoke is fine. Titans can't see cloaked pilots, so rodeoing is virtually guaranteed if you want to do it. Smoke provides a very, very limited pilot deterrent in exchange for reduced survivability in titan vs titan fights. Personally, I think it's the weakest option for the slot.

Yea pretty much this

The G2 rifle is completely pointless, finally got everything unlocked for it, and good riddance. It's accuracy is garbage, hip fire garbage, low mag capacity. The 101 carbine is better in every way, and TTK is faster with the carbine. More damage on individual bullets, but carbine shoots so much faster and dead accurate you kill faster with it. G2 hair trigger thing can slightly improve it but you then can't take extended mag which it sorely needs. Hit detection on G2 also just feels wonky.

Electric smoke pops, you get off. It's that simple

Let other titans see through electric smoke but keep the ability for it to damage them.

Make it less viable against enemy titans and I don't have any issues with it.

the new matchmaking system cant come soon enough, im lvl 30 and my team was similar lvl and we were against 4 prestige players. we got wasted, i went 1 kill 8 deaths.

thats no fun...honey moon phase is over, sort this game out

Roflobear

Let other titans see through electric smoke but keep the ability for it to damage them.

Make it less viable against enemy titans and I don't have any issues with it.

It's already pretty bad against enemy titans though, since most know to stay out of it. It's mostly only for pilots or to mask your getaway if you're losing a Titan on Titan battle, which I think is kinda fair

tauke

the new matchmaking system cant come soon enough, im lvl 30 and my team was similar lvl and we were against 4 prestige players. we got wasted, i went 1 kill 8 deaths.

thats no fun...honey moon phase is over, sort this game out

I find the odd fighting against prestige players several gen above me can be pretty random. Just done playing some Attrition matches against 2 Gen 8, 1 Gen 6 and 1 Gen 5 player (all of them are lvl 42 above) while I'm the only Gen 3 Lvl 50 player in my team (rest haven't prestige and below lvl 40).

Guess what I carried the whole team by killing minions around the map and stay out of other enemy pilot/titan until I call in my own Titan. Hilarious when other players treat Attrition as Pilot Hunter mode.

Orca

They pop smoke and you get off. The smoke dissipates and you get back on...they can't pop smoke again that quickly.

Just sounds like someone that's lazy and wants easier kills.

They pop smoke and you get off. The smoke dissipates and you get back on...they can't pop smoke again that quickly.
Right, but you can't do that when the titan backs into a corner and you can't get off. I don't like the electric smoke because in a huge fight it's hard to tell whose smoke is whose and it doesn't require much on the effort of the titan to fight the pilot off.
Cloak is fine because pilots are already at a disadvantage when engaging titans, and not everybody equips cloak.
Just sounds like someone that's lazy and wants easier kills.
I'm lazy? Well, okay then. It's not like the same can be said the other way around.

wrongway

More often than not joining a game in progress sucks, cause it almost always means being on the losing team. But when you join a game that's half over and end up making the difference in a comeback that results in victory? Pretty awesome. :3

In other news, got my charge rifle. This thing makes for a pretty hilarious poor man's sniper rifle. The actual critical hit challenge looks like it'll be a genuine challenge though.

Bessy67

OK, I'm going for rail gun titan kills and I'm not having much success. What's the recommended titan setup for that gun? I hate the charge mechanic but it just seems like the instant shot variation does hardly any damage.

Lima

OK, I'm going for rail gun titan kills and I'm not having much success. What's the recommended titan setup for that gun? I hate the charge mechanic but it just seems like the instant shot variation does hardly any damage.

Be a dick. Look for Titan battles and just take the last shot.

Typomancer

Neo Member

Keep using the charge mechanic as the damage is extreme, try and aim for the weak points because it will do 2.5x the damage.

I finished with the railgun two days ago. Played a lot of Last Titan Standing with a group (makes it sooooo much easier). Here’s my build:

Stryder
Plasma Railgun with extended mag
Electric Smoke (though I hear the shield wall is good, I like electric smoke because it’s an “oh shit” button that works in more situations and I can retain my mobility)
Rocket Salvo (for more reliably hitting pilots on the ground or dealing big damage to enemy Titans before the final charged shot)
Quick Dash
Core Extender

The idea to the build is that you need the mobility of the Stryder to dodge shots from others and to peek out and back into cover while your shots charge. Never be the Titan in front. Dash Core lets you circle around enemies or quickly get yourself out of sticky situations (or into better positions for better shots).

It is not an easy weapon to use at all. It’s very powerful, but just make sure you’re using it to eliminate enemy shields in one shot so that your buddies can start taking down their health, and by the time the next charged shot is ready, you can usually finish the job if the enemy Titan has around two bars of health left.

Stainless

any DMR tips vs pilots would be appreciated. I'm having more success than I thought I would, but sniping has always been difficult for me. So far I have about 15 kills so I think I'll be okay, but would certainly like to be more successful. (Should I be playing Pilot Hunter and Attrition for DMR pilot kills challenge?) Thanks

bigace33

How active is this game on PC? Itching for a new FPS on PC but don't want to join a wasteland.

I only play Hardpoint and it's always easy to find matches. So much fun man, this is UT2004 onslaught all over again, not quite as good but still fun.

I hate the Charge Rifle so damn much! I'm almost finished its 4th level of Titan Killer but I still need 10 more crits. I wish rodeoing a Titan & killing it with the Charge Rifle counted..

I played the beta for like 10 hours and loved every second. I've played the full game for maybe 3 hours and am very meh on it. The good part of the beta was that it was the same maps over and over and I ended up learning them completely. with the full game I'm constantly switching between unfamiliar maps and am spending a long time not being comfortable with any of them. That period of time was very short during the beta.

Izuna

Banned
Electric Smoke hate? Yeah I can bite.

In Titan vs. Titan (mixed with cluster bomb) it is very fun, especially when I place them in such a way that they dash from the smoke then I dash to the side and push them into the cluster, circle around so they are in the smoke AGAIN. One of the reasons why I like Atlas more than Ogre even though Shield Core >>> Damage Core...

Titan vs. Pilot? Very powerful. You either kill the Pilot or he jumps off and you get the best jump possible. The only counter to it as a pilot I find is use of dropping and arc grenades. Otherwise I hope off and hope to hop on again which is easy in say Training Grounds, but not an option in Colony or Lagoon...

However I am glad it exists. It isn't very powerful so it isn't OP, but it keeps Rodeo from being too powerful. Rodeo gives the pilot so much advantage if other pilot exits their Titan, so I am glad I don't have to. I rather take 50% health than lose my Titan.

wrongway

any DMR tips vs pilots would be appreciated. I'm having more success than I thought I would, but sniping has always been difficult for me. So far I have about 15 kills so I think I'll be okay, but would certainly like to be more successful. (Should I be playing Pilot Hunter and Attrition for DMR pilot kills challenge?) Thanks

I had a good time of it playing aggressively with the low-magnification scope (AOG?) and the extended mag. Just remember to always ADS with it since its hipfire ability is pretty woeful.

Loving the new matchmaking.

Can't wait for it to make its way to the rest of the game.

My advice for the plasma rifle is not to play last titan standing.. too many people in there looking for last hits.

Play any other mode and steal the last hit.

On another note.. fuck the DMR.. that thing is a flying piece of dog shit. Outclassed by everything.

Loving the new matchmaking.

Can't wait for it to make its way to the rest of the game.

My advice for the plasma rifle is not to play last titan standing.. too many people in there looking for last hits.

Play any other mode and steal the last hit.
True that. I get way more Titan kills not in LTS.

I would appreciate not being put back in the lobby I just quit out of because the opposing team trounced us. It happens to me in both the beta and regular - it makes no sense to me.

EDIT: Just left the same lobby twice times. I waited a few minutes and joined the Beta playlist and was, unsurprisingly, put in the same fucking match. Quit out another time, joined, same match for a fourth time. Wonderful.

I would appreciate not being put back in the lobby I just quit out of because the opposing team trounced us. It happens to me in both the beta and regular - it makes no sense to me.

EDIT: Just left the same lobby twice times. I waited a few minutes and joined the Beta playlist and was, unsurprisingly, put in the same fucking match. Quit out another time, joined, same match for a fourth time. Wonderful.

Of all the annoying issues with matchmaking on XB1, thankfully this doesnt seem to be one I've seen. Is the player pool for PC significantly smaller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom