• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They said the original matchmaking uses whatever ranking they have in it. The improved matchmaking list just uses it better. It will also split teams up after a match and do other things that disrupt existing lobbies to make a better match for next round.

But it won't move any members off of existing teams. It will just take your team and find another team to play against. So, you could have two terriblen players on your team dragging the whole team down, and instead of balancing the two teams, they will just remove the other team and find an easier team for your existing team to play against.

red731

SweetFX profile

e1a7f13ca7f3ca35210415fa03dab37d.gif

Here is the link - http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/1263

will use it at home, difference is too big to pass!

But it won't move any members off of existing teams. It will just take your team and find another team to play against. So, you could have two terriblen players on your team dragging the whole team down, and instead of balancing the two teams, they will just remove the other team and find an easier team for your existing team to play against.

I think it will split up teams according to what they have said. I could be wrong though.

Here is the link - http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/1263

will use it at home, difference is too big to pass!

Thanks for the link. I'll try it later.

Regarding PC load times. It seems like it has gotten worse since Saturday.

And the server connection retry messages...

It happened to me three times yesterday as I was shooting players. How I didn't die is beyond me; I assume a team mate was nearby.

I also had some odd in-game stuttering; I couldn't tell if it was a game engine issue or lag. It was in the overhead tunnel on Corporate and I was shooting at someone on the floor. The next thing I know they have jumped through the window and I am dead. The game seems to have stuttered or frozen for around 2 seconds.

HelloMeow

They said the original matchmaking uses whatever ranking they have in it. The improved matchmaking list just uses it better. It will also split teams up after a match and do other things that disrupt existing lobbies to make a better match for next round.

Hmmm. regular matchmaking seems more random, while improved matchmaking seems to find decent teammates and opponents. I thought regular didn't use any ranking.

Lima

I forgot to post the time it took. 3 days 20 hours in game time is what it took for me. Though Gen 9 was over in a snap because I did 50/55 MVP games I played in that Gen.

Lol yeah man. By the time I was gen 9 I was wrecking shit. Got MVP every game but one.

Wow, the double whammy effect of the horrible matchmaking + the delay between matches as the system screws around shuffling teams/connecting for what seems like an eternity is so jacked up its beyond belief. I cant believe Im saying this already but its seriously bad enough it makes me not want to play, which is saying a lot bc I love this game.

Example: I was just on a perfectly good team matched up with another good team, we had a close game...the other team lost and a couple of their people dropped out. So, does the system allow replacements so we can go on? Nope, first it ditches their team, then it disbands our team instantly even tho it looked like no one dropped out, then I get stuck on a horrible team against a stacked group of Gen 5+. When I attempted to leave the lobby and restart it put me back with/against the same group three times. Yeah, yeah...I know...first world problems...which is true in the grand scheme...but this is still unbefuckinlievably frustrating. If we are having close matches why in the hell doesnt the system suspend shuffling/searching so we can keep a competitive matchup going? It should allow this even as players drop out and new ones join.

Lima

Are you fucking kidding me? I just got my best Atrittion game ever with 154 points and we still lost. The one fucking guy at the bottom had 5 points and he was in the game from the start. God damn at least run around and kill some grunts if you suck.

Kalm

Ok, so I played LTS exclusively last night -- to use up my doubleXP cards -- and noticed that some players are just AFK'ing for the entire match now. It's not just one guy, it's multiple over a 3 hour period. They don't seem to get booted out for lack of activity either.

Why is this happening? Surely they aren't getting enough residual experience to warrant this behavior.

Has anyone else seen this? Is it just some fluke that I got matched with a few people that had controller-dropping emergencies at the start of a match?

Ok, so I played LTS exclusively last night -- to use up my doubleXP cards -- and noticed that some players are just AFK'ing for the entire match now. It's not just one guy, it's multiple over a 3 hour period. They don't seem to get booted out for lack of activity either.

Why is this happening? Surely they aren't getting enough residual experience to warrant this behavior.

Has anyone else seen this? Is it just some fluke that I got matched with a few people that had controller-dropping emergencies at the start of a match?

I haven't played LTS for a few days but it was quite bad when I last played. It was rage inducing whilst spectating when they were the last titan in the team as the opposing players all started punching the titan.

TrueGrime

Are you fucking kidding me? I just got my best Atrittion game ever with 154 points and we still lost. The one fucking guy at the bottom had 5 points and he was in the game from the start. God damn at least run around and kill some grunts if you suck.

I had this problem before. Was he a starter or was it a Gen'd player? I've seen this shit a lot from Gen'd players trying to get their challenges and not focusing on the game itself. Which is a fucking travesty because one person not doing well can fuck an entire team up, unlike CoD where lone wolves could carry a team on their back if need be.

I had this problem before. Was he a starter or was it a Gen'd player? I've seen this shit a lot from Gen'd players trying to get their challenges and not focusing on the game itself. Which is a fucking travesty because one person not doing well can fuck an entire team up, unlike CoD where lone wolves could carry a team on their back if need be.

I cannot believe someone can be that bad; grunts are easy pickings even if you keep getting killed by human opponents. If I was that bad I'd never play another game again.

If it was because he was going for challenges then this is why I hate them so much. It affects the other players' matches if you are being selfish.

TrueGrime

I cannot believe someone can be that bad; grunts are easy pickings even if you keep getting killed by human opponents. If I was that bad I'd never play another game again.

If it was because he was going for challenges then this is why I hate them so much. It affects the other players' matches if you are being selfish.

I totally hear you man. I've saved this to remind me that, a) Some people are just that bad, and b) Like you said, selfish and the game doesn't come first.

Check out the only Gen on my team.

awful.jpg

The most frustrating thing in this game is losing while having 100+ attrition points and being MVP by a huge margin.

Thats up there. But for me the single most annoying/frustrating thing is that 99% of the time there is zero team work or communucation or even a sense of a goal of any kind aside from the k/d ratio. People rarely if ever have the sense to team of into pairs (2 teams of 3 would be even better) in order to cover each other and check corners.

Kalm

I've seen this shit a lot from Gen'd players trying to get their challenges and not focusing on the game itself. Which is a fucking travesty because one person not doing well can fuck an entire team up, unlike CoD where lone wolves could carry a team on their back if need be.

Yup.

That sinking feeling when you realize there are two or more early Gen-3's on your LTS team...

Kaibutsu

Made it to Gen 2 last night after about 18 hours of play (i know slower than most), got my achievements and then took the disc out of my xbox. I'm surprised at how fast I burned out on the game. I see my myself coming back to it occasionally in the future but wow, 3 weeks was it for me :(

I totally hear you man. I've saved this to remind me that, a) Some people are just that bad, and b) Like you said, selfish and the game doesn't come first.

Check out the only Gen on my team.

awful.jpg

You almost feel like asking them after the match. I never bring up a performance, or lack of, because it can come across as snobby (we all have a bad game every now-and-then) but some of these stat screens are crazy.

Made it to Gen 2 last night after about 18 hours of play (i know slower than most), got my achievements and then took the disc out of my xbox. I'm surprised at how fast I burned out on the game. I see my myself coming back to it occasionally in the future but wow, 3 weeks was it for me :(

Last night was THE night for me too, but only because I wanted those achievements by the end of this month. I think we deserve a little break and maybe go back to other games, but there are plenty more titans to rodeo, my friend...

hoyalawya

Went from Gen 2 to Gen 3 yesterday. I hated the shotgun. Didn't feel like I could help the team much with the shotgun as I consistently finished in the bottom half of the score table with the shotgun. I don't think that I want to do Gen 4 to Gen 5 as that one requires completing a handgun challenge (kill 75 pilots with the auto handgun).

Lima

You almost feel like asking them after the match. I never bring up a performance, or lack of, because it can come across as snobby (we all have a bad game every now-and-then) but some of these stat screens are crazy.

Funny that you say that. I was just playing LTS which went 6 rounds because we lost two and I would always fight this one Gen5 guy on the other team. We had some good battles but every time he doomed me I didn't eject at all. I just let him finish me off.

Looked so funny in the kill cam how he was aiming in the sky right after he doomed me.

After that message I got a message from him saying "Yo why do you not eject?"

I was like brother I felt your pain. I just can't do it.

I don't think that I want to do Gen 4 to Gen 5 as that one requires completing a handgun challenge (kill 75 pilots with the auto handgun).

It's 50 pilots and the 45 auto pistol is an absolute beast. You don't know how many times that thing saved my life because I just finished getting a double kill with the carbine and was out of ammo. You panic, switch over to your sidearm and bam triple kill done.

God I love this game.

Went from Gen 2 to Gen 3 yesterday. I hated the shotgun. Didn't feel like I could help the team much with the shotgun as I consistently finished in the bottom half of the score table with the shotgun. I don't think that I want to do Gen 4 to Gen 5 as that one requires completing a handgun challenge (kill 75 pilots with the auto handgun).
The auto pistol is beast. Don't you worry. You'll have kills before you know it.

Yobalt

eatinghosts.gif

Yes, I know, I'm shotgun scum.
This looks really fun but it is completely useless. In the time you were jumping around a good player would have added 20+ attrition points.

Parkour is a waste of time and makes you lose games. Just run and gun like dem call of duty's and remember to farm the drop pods!

Lima

This looks really fun but it is completely useless. In the time you were jumping around a good player would have added 20+ attrition points.

Parkour is a waste of time and makes you lose games. Just run and gun like dem call of duty's and remember to farm the drop pods!

See he wasn't playing Atrittion so shut your mouth.

Rnr1224

finally beat that damn railgun challenge to get to Gen 4. it was much easier after i got the instant shot mod but getting the 10 kills to get there was tough. never touching that gun again!

I can see where you are coming from in some regards but playing the game flat footed and on the floor is going to result in trouble.

Using the walls, vertical-nature of maps and constant movement allows you to get around to places (like hard point) with less chance of being shot.

Running on the floor makes for a relatively easy target.

Ok, yeah, in 10 seconds, a good player would've gotten at least 5 pilot kills or 20 grunt kills. Yep, ok. Let him have fun.

Yeah I get a decent number of kills with the auto pistol purely due to running out of ammo with the primary.

Sometimes you just want to play a game because it's fun, you know.

Bessy67

Every death you avoid is 4 points the other team doesn't get.

StMeph

A few friends have been playing this game religiously and are pushing me to get it. It does look like a lot of fun, and I tried it out a bit.

The parkour opens up the maps vertically and it does seem highly mobile, but I didn't get the sense of "fast" or "twitch" that I read about everywhere. Forward movement itself still seems slow, there's a sprint button, and aiming down iron sights. Do those two words just not mean the same thing in FPS as it used to?

A few friends have been playing this game religiously and are pushing me to get it. It does look like a lot of fun, and I tried it out a bit.

The parkour opens up the maps vertically and it does seem highly mobile, but I didn't get the sense of "fast" or "twitch" that I read about everywhere. Forward movement itself still seems slow, there's a sprint button, and aiming down iron sights. Do those two words just not mean the same thing in FPS as it used to?

I have "always sprint" option on so I don't have to press any button, I'm always sprinting. There's also a perk that gives you good hip-fire accuracy with SMG, and you don't have to use ADS with shotty or auto-pistol. Sadly this is the closest you're going to get to a fast twitch shooter in modern times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom