• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
This looks really fun but it is completely useless. In the time you were jumping around a good player would have added 20+ attrition points.

Parkour is a waste of time and makes you lose games. Just run and gun like dem call of duty's and remember to farm the drop pods!

Hahaha what?!

What this guy is doing is incredibly risky but he's using the shotgun, any time someone shoots at him he is around the corner and see's where they are on his radar, he is looking out for people the whole time. He doesn't need a shotgun for this kill, but if there was anyone in those buildings (he was looking) he would go in a take them out.

Also it's not smart running around shooting AI outside of a titan unless you have a suppressor, which he doesn't.

I stim about with the CAR all the time like this on Nexus and I get MVP most of time.

red731

Ok. So to use the SweetFX preset on AMD card you can download RadeonPro, download SweetFX 1.4 (I've tried 1.5 - didn't work), go to settings in RadeonPro - enable SweetFX, select folder containing its files and your keybind, add Titanfall.exe to create profile, enable SweetFX there and scroll down to import that .txt file.

Be sure that in the lowest right in the RP window it says 32/64bit and run Titanfall.

E92 M3

This looks really fun but it is completely useless. In the time you were jumping around a good player would have added 20+ attrition points.

Parkour is a waste of time and makes you lose games. Just run and gun like dem call of duty's and remember to farm the drop pods!

What lol? Parkour is essential to performance. And let's pretend your statement is true, even if it's "waste of time" it feels great and is a lot of fun.

Hi guys! is Titanfall good enough to justify a Xone purchase??? I have a ps4 and it's a great system but I am getting contamined with the titanfall hype..!! Should I get a Xone???

Kydd BlaZe

Hi guys! is Titanfall good enough to justify a Xone purchase??? I have a ps4 and it's a great system but I am getting contamined with the titanfall hype..!! Should I get a Xone???
Absolutely. Game is an absolute blast! It's one of the main reasons I bought an Xbox One at launch, because I knew this game was going to be awesome.

Ok. So to use the SweetFX preset on AMD card you can download RadeonPro, download SweetFX 1.4 (I've tried 1.5 - didn't work), go to settings in RadeonPro - enable SweetFX, select folder containing its files and your keybind, add Titanfall.exe to create profile, enable SweetFX there and scroll down to import that .txt file.

Be sure that in the lowest right in the RP window it says 32/64bit and run Titanfall.

Yep. Also works on my GTX 760. I also keybinded it to F5, its fun turning it on and off during a match and get a momentary "whoa" feel every now n then.

I'm loving TF, but it's hard to justify buying a console for just one game. If you know you're going to buy one in the next year or so, then definitely. If this is the only game in the upcoming portfolio, it probably isn't a wise decision.

(This is coming from someone that has all three consoles and has barely played ps4 and wiiU)

Jito

Banned

What is this nonsense. It's Hardpoint so get out.

Coconut

Banned

A good player is doing parkour and getting those attrition points.

I'm loving TF, but it's hard to justify buying a console for just one game. If you know you're going to buy one in the next year or so, then definitely. If this is the only game in the upcoming portfolio, it probably isn't a wise decision.

(This is coming from someone that has all three consoles and has barely played ps4 and wiiU)
I played Killer instinct at gamestop and really liked as well, I think the ps4 is awesome but I just finished infamous and there's nothing I want to play right now.. I might get a Xone titanfall bundle than!

Absolutely. Game is an absolute blast! It's one of the main reasons I bought an Xbox One at launch, because I knew this game was going to be awesome.
I got cod Ghosts for the ps4 and got really disappointed by the game, it's the worst cod I ever played. I don't like Killzone and titanfall look really fun! Thanks for the advice

One week out, are we still completely in the dark in regards to the 360 version?

Sorry, I don't frequent this thread much so apologies if this has been answered.

Jito

Banned
So does anyone else get "Titanfall.exe has stopped working" at random on the main menu or when loading matches? Been happening since last week and posted on EA support with no response other than re-download the game. I've repaired the install so fuck downloading 20 gigs again when it probably won't even fix it.

red731

So does anyone else get "Titanfall.exe has stopped working" at random on the main menu or when loading matches? Been happening since last week and posted on EA support with no response other than re-download the game. I've repaired the install so fuck downloading 20 gigs again when it probably won't even fix it.

Try and close MSI Afterburner, RadeonPro and other soft that could interfere(inject) with loading some directx libraries if you use them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

effective troll with many bites...

I bet respawn is getting a kick out of all the 'so and so gun is terrible', 'so and so gun is OP'. Especially how the consensus seems to change so quickly.

Doing the Regen challenges has made me appreciate just how much effort went into balancing the guns in this game. Gen 9 smart pistol challenges make me appreciate how good a GAFer is with it (we stomped on Saturday...can't quite remember who it was).

I can't wait for the game to settle down some so that the meta game heats up. Still some introductory veneer needs to be worn out.

Jito

Banned
Try and close MSI Afterburner, RadeonPro and other soft that could interfere(inject) with loading some directx libraries if you use them.

I don't have any of that stuff installed let alone open :( It seems really inconsistent so I can't pin down what is causing it at all, sometimes it just loads without crashing, sometimes it doesn't.

Coconut

Banned
I bet respawn is getting a kick out of all the 'so and so gun is terrible', 'so and so gun is OP'. Especially how the consensus seems to change so quickly.

Doing the Regen challenges has made me appreciate just how much effort went into balancing the guns in this game. Gen 9 smart pistol challenges make me appreciate how good a GAFer is with it (we stomped on Saturday...can't quite remember who it was).

I can't wait for the game to settle down some so that the meta game heats up. Still some introductory veneer needs to be worn out.

Yeah. I was just doing the shotgun challenges. I felt like such a chump with that thing. Seriously people maining the shotty you all got your work cut out for you.

Every Gen I've said, "God I hate this gun", but by level 50 it's my next favorite weapon. Except for the Plasma Railgun, which should be given more ammo so as to rival the 40mm.

red731

I don't have any of that stuff installed let alone open :( It seems really inconsistent so I can't pin down what is causing it at all, sometimes it just loads without crashing, sometimes it doesn't.

What about trying windowed only? :/ - http://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/1xxk36/how_to_borderless_window_removed_intro_videos/
I don't know what OS you use, but try to check the Event viewer (and in that Windows system protocols and applications; translated it) after it crashes again. Maybe that could give you some insight of what is crashing it.

I'm working my way through the Charge Rifle regen challenge ... I know the critical hits involve the red glowing zones on Titans but I was wondering if gibbing pilots with it counts as well.

I'll find out in-game but maybe someone here knows.

I've had them too. I've had them either when loading a map or right after getting into a map. Event Viewer shows a couple different problems (it's been a different file that is attributed to the error each time), it's been a couple DX11 dlls in the Titanfall folder itself, with one dxgi.dll error in one of them. Dunno if any of this helps though... I only started getting them after that first server update, which is weird.

I might try redownloading/reinstalling, but it's been infrequent enough that it doesn't bother me too much.

Jito

Banned
What about trying windowed only? :/
I don't know what OS you use, but try to check the Event viewer (and in that Windows system protocols and applications; translated it) after it crashes again. Maybe that could give you some insight of what is crashing it.

I had it set to borderless windowed but turned that off recently to try fix the issues with no luck, also I have -novid set on startup in case that would have any effect. I'm on Win 7 so I'll open event viewer from now on and check what it says after a crash.

Just managed to get into a game and ran into a bug I've mentioned in a few of my posts but never got any response from the Respawn guys here. This happens a lot of the time when I tab out of the game during the load screens. Here's a video.

As you can see the game is still running behind a frozen image of my screen.

Edit: Just ran into a crash when loading the multiplayer main menu, event logger says "Faulting application name: Titanfall.exe" "Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll". No idea what this is could be :/ Where are you magical Respawn rep?

Absolutely. It's tons of fun and it won't the last great game to come out on the console.

Edit: I would try to pick it up at a discount though. It seems like there have been a lot of deals lately.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Someone shout me when the satchel charges have been nerfed. thx

I've felt cheap using them for my Generation 3 challenges. No skill required to use them.
I wish these kind of games didn't have c4 and mines, always such bs.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

That is why Attrition is terrible

Jito

Banned
Hmm game is working fine now might try some normal matchma.... First game against full team of Gen 3+ while I'm the only regen player on my team.

I'm basically stuck playing Attriction now in the new beta matchmaking. I don't even like Attriction

Oh god, Respawn please. Tried for the hell of it joining a Hardpoint game again, rejoins me into the same match. Ok quit out try again. Rejoins me into the same fucking match! I'd really like to know what "matchmaking" they put into the game, if any at all. Honestly this is just lazy. Screw my apology from the other day, shit has been annoying today with the game crashing and not being able to get proper balance games.

red731

Edit: Just ran into a crash when loading the multiplayer main menu, event logger says "Faulting application name: Titanfall.exe" "Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll". No idea what this is could be :/ Where are you magical Respawn rep?

If you don't know, google nvwgf2umx.dll titanfall. It belongs to Nvidia drivers (to quote someone "nvwgf2umx.dll is not provided by NVIDIA - but rather by Microsoft to support NVIDIA chipsets") and people are having problems with that. Try and revert back to older drivers?

gl :)

Someone shout me when the satchel charges have been nerfed. thx

Yea I'm by no means a pro player so take it with a giant grain of salt but the two things that I feel could use some adjusting are:

satchels - either shrink the AOE or increase the time between tossing it and it arming
carbine - nerf the ROF or recoil or buff the other rifles a bit

Yea I'm by no means a pro player so take it with a giant grain of salt but the two things that I feel could use some adjusting are:

satchels - either shrink the AOE or increase the time between tossing it and it arming
carbine - nerf the ROF or recoil or buff the other rifles a bit

Kick hit boxes needs sorting too. I was kicked whilst in the air when the player wasn't that near to me (in regards to being able to reach). He must have been wearing some VERY large boots.

Jito

Banned
If you don't know, google nvwgf2umx.dll titanfall. It belongs to Nvidia drivers (to quote someone "nvwgf2umx.dll is not provided by NVIDIA - but rather by Microsoft to support NVIDIA chipsets") and people are having problems with that. Try and revert back to older drivers?

gl :)

Just searched and the only fix seems to be re installing the whole game again. Fuck that, either I'll put up with this and play it as broken as it is or just delete it. I've not got time to sit and wait for 20 Gb to download and 50 Gb install all over again.

Pretty gutted by this last week of Titanfall, shit matchmaking, shit fix for matchmaking, shit crashes.

Why is there an OT here and then another random Titanfall thread in the Community forum...

Any way. Played a few rounds on PC. Seems like you really need a team. We got slaughtered every game I played 'cause we were all pretty much running around playing solo. The other team was grouping up so every time they called in their titans, they just stomped us the rest of the game.

People should add me up. I just started so I'm kind of a newb.

Origin ID: Hero_1985

dankir

Has anybody managed to get the "unlock everything achievement" Do you really need to unlock all the individual weapon attachments in a single generation?

Fuck that noise :(

Has anybody managed to get the "unlock everything achievement" Do you really need to unlock all the individual weapon attachments in a single generation?

Fuck that noise :(
Yep, all the attachments for every pilot weapon and titan weapon. It wasn't too bad. I managed to do it all by the time I got to level 50 in Gen 2.

Lima

You know what sucks about being Gen 10 this early in the game's life? The mental pressure you put on yourself to get MVP every game. Like people expect this from you.

Card Boy

Banned
You know what sucks about being Gen 10 this early in the game's life? The mental pressure you put on yourself to get MVP every game. Like people expect this from you.

I'm top 2 most games out of both teams and MVP 110 times out of 150ish games. I've said it once and i will say it again the community sucks ass and i'm not even good at FPS. If you people suck at killing pilots use the dam auto pistol and farm bots, its not that hard.

But I don't want to use the smart pistol or any of the sniper rifles I feel stupid :(
Yeah, luckily the Sniper and DMR pilot kills are not bad. I think you need 1 pilot sniper kill and 5 DMR pilot kills? The rest of those weapon's attachments are AI farming. Smart Pistol might suck a bit but it really isn't that long. When you go for it good luck!

dankir

Yeah, luckily the Sniper and DMR pilot kills are not bad. I think you need 1 pilot sniper kill and 5 DMR pilot kills? The rest of those weapon's attachments are AI farming. Smart Pistol might suck a bit but it really isn't that long. When you go for it good luck!

Oh so its not like 75 pilot kills with the sniper rifle? Everytime I've died by a sniper rifle the player is somewhere obscenly high on the map, he's spotted from that point on and doesn't live much longer.

Pretty boring way to play Titanfall if you ask me. I'll give it a shot though.

Oh so its not like 75 pilot kills with the sniper rifle? Everytime I've died by a sniper rifle the player is somewhere obscenly high on the map, he's spotted from that point on and doesn't live much longer.

Pretty boring way to play Titanfall if you ask me. I'll give it a shot though.
Nah, not for the attachments. Yeah, I didn't enjoy it much either, haha!

Special C

I know I'm in the minority here but I like the 90 seconds. Especially since I play variety pack and am constantly tweaking loadouts and burn cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom