• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm top 2 most games out of both teams and MVP 110 times out of 150ish games. I've said it once and i will say it again the community sucks ass and i'm not even good at FPS. If you people suck at killing pilots use the dam auto pistol and farm bots, its not that hard.

Wow, are you serious or am I missing the sarcasm/joke/troll tag somewhere? I sincerely hope you don't think "the community sucks ass" just because you place top of your team often. Also, it can be hard for a lesser skilled player to farm grunts if a higher skilled player is taking them out as well.

I tried to use the satchel charges once, blew myself up, never used them again...

Are they actually good? I thought the range on them was terrible.

Throwing range? It's good enough, and you detonate them manually anyway. Blast range? I'd say it's the largest of all the pilot ordnance types (I don't know about arc mines, I haven't used them yet).

wrog

Finally got time to focus on my Gooser kills and went from 22 to 50 in 4-5 hours of gameplay today. I think I was getting at least one kill per LTS match and my best was 5 in one game. Maybe I was lucky, don't know, but I really enjoyed doing this challenge.

Lima

Finally got time to focus on my Gooser kills and went from 22 to 50 in 4-5 hours of gameplay today. I think I was getting at least one kill per LTS match and my best was 5 in one game. Maybe I was lucky, don't know, but I really enjoyed doing this challenge.

I didn't find it bad either. Fuck the 100 wins challenge in gen 8 though. I only lost 6 matches durin that gen in total. Shit still took forever.

elseanio

Had this weird Predator vision graphical bug today. Not sure what caused it..

mORuWji.jpg

(I know my HUD is cut off as well, disadvantage of 21:9)

Izuna

Banned
Man, I'd just keep playing while waiting. Game is too much fun.

I thought I would focus on studies after Gen 10 and not bother with All The Hardware, but my coursework was easier than I thought. Hopefully DLC is not to far off when I come back from Tokyo. I really want to take my bone there.

TBH though I loved gooser towards the end.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I know I'm in the minority here but I like the 90 seconds. Especially since I play variety pack and am constantly tweaking loadouts and burn cards.

I love it too. I mean if I have nothing to do for those ninety, I'll just alt tab and check email and the like. But usually it's perfect time to pee, get a drink, tweak loadouts, whatever!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nah I totally dig it too. If it jumped right into the next match I'd go nuts when I actually needed the chance to pee or whatever.

E92 M3

Gooser, he is waiting for it to be nerfed.

:p Hope you're still playing by the time they launch it.

Man, I'd just keep playing while waiting. Game is too much fun.

Game is amazing - yes! But I also bought Dark Souls along with Titanfall so I'm currently playing that. Gooser just pissed me off too much and I didn't want to hate Titanfall. So, made the decision to play Dark Souls 2 until it's fixed and I can continue going to gen 10. Which I would've probably reached by now if it wasn't for the geese =/

Nori Chan

Just reached 3rd generation yesterday, and third prestige in COD, and ranked up like 10 levels in BF4. This weekend was an xp grind for every game on my One o_O

Has anybody managed to get the "unlock everything achievement" Do you really need to unlock all the individual weapon attachments in a single generation?

Fuck that noise :(

All The Hardware - Yep - I did it. The pilot guns didn't take long, but the Arc Cannon was a pain in the ass. I was an idiot and tried to unlock the Titan attachments on Last Titan Standing. It's MUCH easier to do in regular game modes as the strategy is much different and many even let their Titan go auto making for easy pickings.

Has anyone unlocked the "I killed them all" achievement? If so, how did you pull it off? It just seems so unlikely with your entire team hunting down enemies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Has anyone unlocked the "I killed them all" achievement? If so, how did you pull it off? It just seems so unlikely with your entire team hunting down enemies.

Total luck. I never even see games where atleast one dude isn't just in a Titan until the end anyway.

Obscured

That shit is 100% luck.

That was one that I wrote off as soon as I saw it. I was kind of thinking I would never get the gen 10 either as I'd get stuck on gooser, but just today I got my first one in a game of LTS and then the very next kill was another, so now I have a little more hope.

Add me as another that likes the 90 seconds. For the length of matches it feels like a nice break. I've found I like the variety playlist the most, I like having to switch up how I'm playing.

Only thing I want is to be able to go into maps in a private lobby and really learn the maps and find some good parkour lines.

I know I'm in the minority here but I like the 90 seconds. Especially since I play variety pack and am constantly tweaking loadouts and burn cards.

Agree. 90 seconds is perfect. I can change loadout, burn cards, or occasionally run to the restroom. Between the 90 and the loading I make it back right in time.

What's the deal with the Charge Rifle critical hit challenge?

It looks like when I rodeo and hit an enemy titan with it I get the red X indicating a crit.. but the number doesn't go up after the match.

Does it only count if you hit them from far away after their shields are down?

molnizzle

Just hit Gen2 in the nick of time for the Xbone challenge. First time I've ever "prestiged" in one of these games.

Starting to be less fun now that other players are out-skilling me so hard though. I'm sitting at a 0.8 lifetime KDR against pilots. =

Izuna

Banned
What's the deal with the Charge Rifle critical hit challenge?

It looks like when I rodeo and hit an enemy titan with it I get the red X indicating a crit.. but the number doesn't go up after the match.

Does it only count if you hit them from far away after their shields are down?

Don't quit the match if you are, otherwise it is probably a latency issue or the bad hit-detection..

Beta Matchmaking has not been kind to me. I just came out of a 15-match losing streak. I'm at 44% matches won and just got to Level 49.
HLPKRS8l.jpg

Those stats must reek of mediocrity. It's not like I'm even consistently last place as often. I blame that Spitfire gun. Terrible, terrible stuff.

Don't quit the match if you are, otherwise it is probably a latency issue or the bad hit-detection..

Well I guess that's my question, is everyone getting the charge rifle crits via rodeoing?

Seems reasonable.. not sure that I'd be able to hit crits with charge rifle from far away.

Lima

Yeah, apparently that's the best strategy. Try to get the last hit in on the dropship and hope that the entire team is inside.

Worst achievement. -_-

If you don't want to boost yeah. Play with a team of 6 and let them get to the drop ship. Then hammer them.

Man. I'm enjoying this, but the matchmaking seems fucked. Constant matches where the teams are just completely uneven:

Our highest ranked guy is lower than their lowest ranked guy. Seems even. I was the top player on my team twice in a row, so I guess there is a minor moral victory in that.

This game seems fucked if you don't have friends playing also.

border

I have a noob question.

I never played COD extensively, so I'm not sure. If I Regenerate, I lose every single weapon and weapon mod I unlocked? Is this correct? Seriously? I made it all the way to Level 39 just to get the Spitfire.....and now ten levels later they are asking me to give it up?

Is this part of how weapons are balanced in these games? Give somebody an semi-overpowered weapon but then make them choose between leveling and using it (thereby ultimately limiting the number of Spitfire users)? I kinda regret busting ass just to get to 50 for the Early Adopter challenge, because now I either have to stop gaining levels or give up the weapon that makes the game twice as fun for me.

Coconut

Banned
I have a noob question.

I never played COD extensively, so I'm not sure. If I Regenerate, I lose every single weapon and weapon mod I unlocked? Is this correct? Seriously? I made it all the way to Level 39 just to get the Spitfire.....and now ten levels later they are asking me to give it up?

Is this part of how weapons are balanced in these games? Give somebody an semi-overpowered weapon but then make them choose between leveling and using it (thereby ultimately limiting the number of Spitfire users)? I kinda regret busting ass just to get to 50 for the Early Adopter challenge, because now I either have to stop gaining levels or give up the weapon that makes the game twice as fun for me.

If you aren't regenning you aren't really playing the game. Enjoy becoming cannon fodder for us more skilled players.

Lima

I have a noob question.

Wait are you implying the LMG spitfire is a semi overpowered weapon? That gun has one use and one use only. Killing Titans while rodeoing. It is my go to loadout for LTS but other than that? Gun is fucking awful and will lose to the carbine every time.

Also the early adopter challenge on Xbox One doesn't require you to regenerate. Just to get to level 50 before the end of March which I doubt is doable for you anyway.

border

If you aren't regenning you aren't really playing the game. Enjoy becoming cannon fodder for us more skilled players.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how regen works. Does regenning give you some kind of competitive advantage? Or does not regenning give you a disadvantage? I thought that it merely sped up XP gain and acted as a status symbol for longtime players.

I don't see how not regenning turns me into cannon fodder.

Wait are you implying the LMG spitfire is a semi overpowered weapon? That gun has one use and one use only. Killing Titans while rodeoing. It is my go to loadout for LTS but other than that? Gun is fucking awful and will lose to the carbine every time.

It's incredibly OP for rodeoing though. I'm not saying that it's necessarily OP for everything. By virtue of the fact that you're only allowed to use it for 11 levels out of 50 that indicates to me that it's at least powerful enough for Respawn to want to limit its usage.

Also the early adopter challenge on Xbox One doesn't require you to regenerate. Just to get to level 50 before the end of March which I doubt is doable for you anyway.

I got the game at launch, and just hit level 50 after a couple marathon sessions today and yesterday. I find myself not wanting to regen because taking down Titans as a pilot is the most fun part of the game to me. Why should I give up the best weapon for doing that, just for the sake of a little badge of honor? I'm kinda resigned to the fact that I'm never going to be an expert, so grinding out another 39 levels just to get to where I'm at now is unappealing.

cluto

I got the game at launch, and just hit level 50 after a couple marathon sessions today and yesterday. I find myself not wanting to regen because taking down Titans as a pilot is the most fun part of the game to me. Why should I give up the best weapon for doing that, just for the sake of a little badge of honor? I'm kinda resigned to the fact that I'm never going to be an expert, so grinding out another 39 levels just to get to where I'm at now is unappealing.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying the game itself more than the level-grind. If you need to be constantly unlocking things and completing challenges to keep yourself from being bored, then you should regen. Otherwise, there's no shame in not doing it. I haven't regenerated either and I don't plan to.

Calabain

Neo Member
This may have been discussed to death already, but anyone else feel like they should have just completely eschewed ironsights totally with this game except for some guns that make sense to scope in like sniper rifles?

I feel like that emphasizes the movement far more and, personally, I've found guns you really don't have to scope (the shotgun and the CAR with counterweight) to be far and away the most fun to use.

Having to use ironsights on other weapons completely works against what's supposed to set this game apart aside from the obvious giant robots raining down from the sky

Lima

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how regen works. Does regenning give you some kind of competitive advantage? Or does not regenning give you a disadvantage? I thought that it merely sped up XP gain and acted as a status symbol for longtime players.

I don't see how not regenning turns me into cannon fodder.

No it doesn't give you any advantage. Just the badge and sped up XP gain which is useless since you have to complete certain challenges and in some gens you can't complete them all before reaching 50.

It's incredibly OP for rodeoing though. I'm not saying that it's necessarily OP for everything. By virtue of the fact that you're only allowed to use it for 11 levels out of 50 that indicates to me that it's at least powerful enough for Respawn to want to limit its usage.

By that logic the AP-Sniper is the most powerful gun in the game since it is the last one you unlock.

Truth is it just straight up sucks.

But hey if rodeoing is fun to you (certainly is for me) then by all means stay at 50. I am Gen 10 lvl 50 and have all mods for all weapons unlocked now and I am just having fun now with different loadouts.

Calabain

Neo Member
This looks really fun but it is completely useless. In the time you were jumping around a good player would have added 20+ attrition points.

Parkour is a waste of time and makes you lose games. Just run and gun like dem call of duty's and remember to farm the drop pods!

People actually play attrition and not Pilot Hunter/Capture the Flag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom