• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cluto

This may have been discussed to death already, but anyone else feel like they should have just completely eschewed ironsights totally with this game except for some guns that make sense to scope in like sniper rifles?

I feel like that emphasizes the movement far more and, personally, I've found guns you really don't have to scope (the shotgun and the CAR with counterweight) to be far and away the most fun to use.

Having to use ironsights on other weapons completely works against what's supposed to set this game apart aside from the obvious giant robots raining down from the sky

I don't disagree. I hope Titanfall is the beginning of the transition back to arena FPSs.

JimiNutz

Banned
This may have been discussed to death already, but anyone else feel like they should have just completely eschewed ironsights totally with this game except for some guns that make sense to scope in like sniper rifles?

I feel like that emphasizes the movement far more and, personally, I've found guns you really don't have to scope (the shotgun and the CAR with counterweight) to be far and away the most fun to use.

Having to use ironsights on other weapons completely works against what's supposed to set this game apart aside from the obvious giant robots raining down from the sky

I wish it didnt have ironsights as I never really played COD (or any FPS with iron sights) and I don't really like aiming with them...

That being said, I feel like I have to use ironsights since the Carbine is easily the best all around weapon and I find my K/D ratio massively suffering if I pick anything other than Carbine.

What is the general consensus on Attrition players that kill 3-4 Pilots, earn a lot of Attrition points killing the enemy AI Bots and 1-2 Titans pretty much every game?

I do this, and I'm consistently in the top three every game, I just don't want to piss off my team mates.

Lima

What is the general consensus on Attrition players that kill 3-4 Pilots, earn a lot of Attrition points killing the enemy AI Bots and 1-2 Titans pretty much every game?

I do this, and I'm consistently in the top three every game, I just don't want to piss off my team mates.

Then you are doing just fine. You are playing the mode like it is supposed to be played. Shoot everything that moves.

tauke

I do it often whenever my team is losing behind as this is not Pilot Hunter match.

Also it is me or there is less players lately? Hard to find a match as there is not enough players (East Asia/SEA region).

RdN

Finally finished the satchel charge and plasma gun challenges and got to gen 4. Too bad I hate sniper rifles.

Lima

Finally finished the satchel charge and plasma gun challenges and got to gen 4. Too bad I hate sniper rifles.

Shoot some grunts and unlock the AOG scope for it. It's not that bad then. Kinda becomes a less useful single shot carbine then.

So, I am currently in South Africa for work, and thus unable to play the game. (it got canceled in SA)

I will return to civilization in July. I was wondering, now the game is out for a while and you guys have been playing. What is your opinion of the game now?

Still like it?
What about its flaws?
Should I ''Believe the hype"?

2San

Optimus Prime in Titanfall

10003042_10152082822196633_957676722_n.jpg
I want this so bad. :<
So, I am currently in South Africa for work, and thus unable to play the game. (it got canceled in SA)

I will return to civilization in July. I was wondering, now the game is out for a while and you guys have been playing. What is your opinion of the game now?

Still like it?
What about its flaws?
It's great, but it didn't have long lasting appeal for me. However it's been long time since I spent 40+ hours on a game and enjoyed myself the majority of the time. The main thing that the game lacks is team play imo.

Not sure how high you think the hype is. I think it's a great game. It's however not the best thing since sliced bread.

Tak3n

Banned
Well the Smart pistol with the perk that shows all 'grunts' on the mini map is a easy way to get first place every time on attrition....

not sure it helps your team much though

2San

Well the Smart pistol with the perk that shows all 'grunts' on the mini map is a easy way to get first place every time on attrition....

It helps your team a lot in attrition, since the grunt kills add to the attrition score. Different story in other game modes though.

Mdk7

Still like it?
What about its flaws?

I'm still loving it, it's one of the most fun games in years IMHO.

Izuna

Banned

=/ I don't think it does. You need to get a lot of the points inside the Titan, and if you're running with the suppressor you still need to get the Spectre kills which takes a while.

Had a fun time playing with my brother for the first time without super lag. We got matched with probably the scrubbish players yet and our team destroyed them like crazy. Got most of my mods completed so in about 3 hours or so I can get the final achievement.

daedalius

I want this so bad. :<

It's great, but it didn't have long lasting appeal for me. However it's been long time since I spent 40+ hours on a game and enjoyed myself the majority of the time. The main thing that the game lacks is team play imo.

Not sure how high you think the hype is. I think it's a great game. It's however not the best thing since sliced bread.

Lol what?

That cannot be real.

Noooo April fools!

2San

Yeah, we have now seen the future. The next step for Titanfall is to have Transformers (that can actually transform). I won't settle for anything less.

I have a noob question.

I never played COD extensively, so I'm not sure. If I Regenerate, I lose every single weapon and weapon mod I unlocked? Is this correct? Seriously? I made it all the way to Level 39 just to get the Spitfire.....and now ten levels later they are asking me to give it up?

Is this part of how weapons are balanced in these games? Give somebody an semi-overpowered weapon but then make them choose between leveling and using it (thereby ultimately limiting the number of Spitfire users)? I kinda regret busting ass just to get to 50 for the Early Adopter challenge, because now I either have to stop gaining levels or give up the weapon that makes the game twice as fun for me.

It is absolutely pointless to someone with my personality (never been a collector or 'completionist') in that I couldn't give a damn about an icon next to my name and I certainly couldn't give a damn about doing stupid and often selfish-type challenges.

In short you don't gain anything.

Bydobob

Sounds like I'm the only one who likes the iron sights then. Configured to 'press and hold' on mouse I find it really quick and snappy. The increased accuracy also makes head shots much easier, something that isn't talked about much here.

Izuna

Banned
Sounds like I'm the only one who likes the iron sights then. Configured to 'press and hold' on mouse I find it really quick and snappy. The increased accuracy also makes head shots much easier, something that isn't talked about much here.

It's all about the HCOG for me. Best by far.

Lima

Carbine + HCOG + Suppressor

Active Radar Pulse

Satchel Charges

Power Cell

Minion Detector

And then hope the guys on the other team are fucking scrubs.

Izuna

Banned
OK - what the hell is your loadout? I've managed to get over 100 points a fair few times but never that much.

C.A.R SMG, HCOG, Counterweight
Mag Launcher
Hammond P2011 (Rodeo only)

Stim
Arc Grenade

Explosives Pack (Only kill minions as pilot with grenades)
Minion Detector (Unless Hardpoint)

--

Atlas

40mm Cannon, Extended Magazine

Electric Smoke
Cluster Missile (For Minions and Pilots)

Nuclear Ejection
Core Accelerator

C.A.R SMG, HCOG, Counterweight
Mag Launcher
Hammond P2011 (Rodeo only)

Stim
Arc Grenade

Explosives Pack (Only kill minions as pilot with grenades)
Minion Detector (Unless Hardpoint)

--

Atlas

40mm Cannon, Extended Magazine

Electric Smoke
Cluster Missile (For Minions and Pilots)

Nuclear Ejection
Core Accelerator
Jesus dude, I need your #BASED knowledge. Add me. Same name as my GAF handle.

Jesus christ those numbers are ridiculous. Only 1 titan rodeo kill? c'mon son.

But seriously, i knew someone had to be getting numbers like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom