• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I just want to say that the challenge requirements to get to Gen 5 are annoying. I finished everything except for the pistol kills (I got about 10 more kills to get) and the Critical Hits with the Charge Rifle (I got about 8 or so more crit hits to get).

Anyway, almost done. I can't wait either. Regenerating is oddly fun, but also pretty frustrating at times. I'm trying to decide whether or not I should wait until Gen 10 to get the Unlocked All The Hardware achievement or if I should do it at Gen 5.

tauke

So I accidentally landed on a small gap in between the rocky cliff in Boneyard and the only way to get off is to jump forward.

Since it facing one of the hardpoint (forgot whether it's A or C but the building with lots of Marvin), I decided to camp there for the whole match happily sniping grunts, spectre and pilots lol. Never died once in the match until the epilogue where the enemy pilot finally shoot cluster missile near to my spot.

Helps a lot with the Gen 5 challenges for the Longbow sniper.

tauke

I just want to say that the challenge requirements to get to Gen 5 are annoying. I finished everything except for the pistol kills (I got about 10 more kills to get) and the Critical Hits with the Charge Rifle (I got about 8 or so more crit hits to get).

Anyway, almost done. I can't wait either. Regenerating is oddly fun, but also pretty frustrating at times. I'm trying to decide whether or not I should wait until Gen 10 to get the Unlocked All The Hardware achievement or if I should do it at Gen 5.

The auto pistol challenge is pissing me off too as I got kill everytime I encounter a 1 vs 1 pilot match...

Mononoke

Banned
Strange question. I've been playing all day on PC with my friend. And suddenly, the "Invite Friends" button that is normally at the bottom of the menu is now missing. I can't invite my friend to join my lobby. What am I doing wrong? Also, when I click shift + F1, the Origin overlay isn't working. This is happening on both our ends. WTF.

EDIT: Okay, so now the button randomly appeared. But when I click it, it doesn't work. What the hell is going on.

UPDATE: Okay, it was Fraps. Derp. Figured that by now, Origin would allow other overlays. Although maybe it has to do with Titanfall being 64 bit? I know certain overlay programs aren't compatible.

Izuna

Banned
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Since getting 1000/1000 I am finding nothing will pull me to play. I played yesterday with a group with a Gen 9 who needed MVP so I tried to play a bit more conservative but that was our first loss, we got some smack talk to next game we wiped the floor with them. That was great, but finding a group that is challenging to play against is too rare.

JimiNutz

Banned
Ive mainly been using Carbine as my primary pilot weapon. I try to get up high and then run around rooftops picking people off at mid/long range.

I'm getting bored of this and want to try CAR with Counterweight but know that I'll need to change my tactics.

Does anyone else here mainly use CAR with counterweight? If so, how do you play? Do you mainly stay indoors? Every time I use CAR and go up too the roofs I get picked off by Carbine players.

Guessing I need to stay indoors more?
Are there any YouTube videos online with tips for CAR users?

Lima

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Since getting 1000/1000 I am finding nothing will pull me to play. I played yesterday with a group with a Gen 9 who needed MVP so I tried to play a bit more conservative but that was our first loss, we got some smack talk to next game we wiped the floor with them. That was great, but finding a group that is challenging to play against is too rare.

Same.

Put 5 days of playtime in it over the last two weeks and I think I'm done for now. Going back to it once the first DLC hits.

Have to say though that these two weeks were so much fun. The game already has a special place in my heart.

Izuna

Banned
Ive mainly been using Carbine as my primary pilot weapon. I try to get up high and then run around rooftops picking people off at mid/long range.

I'm getting bored of this and want to try CAR with Counterweight but know that I'll need to change my tactics.

Does anyone else here mainly use CAR with counterweight? If so, how do you play? Do you mainly stay indoors? Every time I use CAR and go up too the roofs I get picked off by Carbine players.

IMHO the CAR > Carbine at long distance. Try shooting in burst fire, it's lack of recoil and higher damage should give your the advantage.

7nlBT9P.png

So I saw this on the Titanfall-Community page. I think it's likely that we will be getting modifications of the Titans we have.

I never understood the folks that scoff at regening or prestigeing. It seems to be the counterculture alternative cool thing in online shooters to max out at the first set and not advance to be a better decorated player and hold some moral high ground over those that do.

I take exception at idiots selfishly going for challenges that balls up the match for other members of the team.

I am fully aware that
probably
most of the challenges are quite natural but some are not and have caused many in-game issues for teams I have been on.

Better decorated? What an icon? It is not an icon of skill per se; just time played.

Pretty proud of my MVP/Top Three ratio of 50%/90%.

Not bad for a mere 1.7 KDR vs pilots.

geTi1mC.png

That is great; you must be doing something right.

All this knob-waving over extreme K/D gets on my nerves. You are more than holding your own and as long as you contribute then that is all any decent-minded player on your team could ask of you.

About to play my first game of Titanfall on my PC. Here we go...

I hope you enjoyed it! What servers are you on? If Europe then add me if you want: CyanideFuse

It honestly does kinda bother me to think that people in my games are doing useless bullshit like killing grunts with a handgun just so they can complete challenges and achievements. Even though I'm not even remotely good, I'd like to think that when people see I'm a Gen1 Level 50, they at least know I was trying to win the game rather fuck around with the metagame.

The thing with the grunts is at least you can justify that they are adding to the score in attrition mode. Maybe not as much as killing pilots and titans but it still adds up. I get a bit annoyed when someone tops the scoreboard with a tonne of grunt kills but they have contributed to the score so if the team has won then that's the important part.

Anyone not choosing to ReGen??

No, been stuck at 50 for ages now; I've no interest in bothering. I have seen a fair few players also on 50 in the lobby too. Someone on my list has also decided not to; he just wants to play the game and not get involved in the challenges.

Haha. This is crazy. Burn cards are such a plus. Makes me wish there was a way to swap burn cards with someone.

I have around 36 hours of time behind me on this game (plus around 10 from the beta) and I still forget them! When I die I just mash the space bar to get back into battle and forget all about the cards.

PC question: Can the keys be altered so that space bar loads up the burn cards and B launches you back into the game?!?!? I'll 'remember' them then.

A new post for clarity reasons:

How many GAF members have got SweetFX running for this game?

I have put the SweetFX files into the Origin Games/Titanfall folder along with the preset shown several pages ago. It isn't working so I tried the RadeonPro approach and nothing.

I've tried this on another PC and still no luck. One PC is using an Nvidia card with a Titanfall profile (which I disabled in case of conflict) and the other an AMD card.

The SweetFX log file isn't being overwritten upon the game loading and as stated in that file it should be if SweetFX is working.

I also switched off antialiasing within the game settings and set full permissions on the Titanfall folder to make sure this wasn't an issue.

Izuna

Banned
Same.

Put 5 days of playtime in it over the last two weeks and I think I'm done for now. Going back to it once the first DLC hits.

Have to say though that these two weeks were so much fun. The game already has a special place in my heart.

Titanfall justified the whole Xbox One purchase. I originally bought it to wait for Halo, but I had more fun in Titanfall than I thought Halo would give me. Now that all of the challenges are done I kinda wish there was a single player skirmish linked with Challenges.

Titanfall is the only FPS I feel like I'm decent at because I can just focus on strategy rather than aim or anything.

HelloMeow

Learn to use the walls instead of the rooftops. You can burst fire with the C.A.R., but you'll still make yourself an easy target if you're sticking to rooftops doing that.

You need to keep moving. That way you won't be killed and you can get close, so you can use that counterweight.

Clydebink

Neo Member
I can't get into a match this morning. One or two players will show up in the lobby, but it just says "Finding Team.. 0 results" the entire time.

E92 M3

I really happy the balance the algorithm where proper matchmaking doesn't take priority over speedy matchmaking. I love being people to hop on for a half hour and get quick games in.

Vitor711

hat is great; you must be doing something right.

All this knob-waving over extreme K/D gets on my nerves. You are more than holding your own and as long as you contribute then that is all any decent-minded player on your team could ask of you.

I have around 36 hours of time behind me on this game (plus around 10 from the beta) and I still forget them! When I die I just mash the space bar to get back into battle and forget all about the cards.

PC question: Can the keys be altered so that space bar loads up the burn cards and B launches you back into the game?!?!? I'll 'remember' them then.

Ha, I do the same thing. I NEVER used burn cards. I think it's probably impacting my final scores but yeah, I just smash space to respawn. Whenever I (rarely) remember to use them, I invariably die within 10 seconds and don't see any benefit.

Ha, I do the same thing. I NEVER used burn cards. I think it's probably impacting my final scores but yeah, I just smash space to respawn. Whenever I (rarely) remember to use them, I invariably die within 10 seconds and don't see any benefit.

Same here. I'm not a fan of the system AT ALL. Increase the perk count and roll some of them into that area... don't force us to manage dozens of mostly useless, gone after you're dead, cards.

ThankeeSai

Very doubtful that I will. It just doesn't appeal to me. I've just got everything unlocked, I really don't want to have to do it again.

I never understood the folks that scoff at regening or prestigeing. It seems to be the counterculture alternative cool thing in online shooters to max out at the first set and not advance to be a better decorated player and hold some moral high ground over those that do.

My experience is the opposite - I never prestiged in any of the CoD games, not because I thought it was a cool thing to do, but as above, simply because I couldn't be bothered going through it all again.

The amount of grief I used to get in pre/post game lobbies and in PM's etc was really quite amazing: people asking me if I was too scared to prestige (what?) and telling me I should prestige so I didn't have to rely on *insert gun here* to beat them etc.

HelloMeow

The amount of grief I used to get in pre/post game lobbies and in PM's etc was really quite amazing: people asking me if I was too scared to prestige (what?) and telling me I should prestige so I didn't have to rely on *insert gun here* to beat them etc.

Same here. I found it amusing.

Lima

Titanfall plz. Stop giving me double xp cards, most wanted pilot xp cards, Titan salvage and all that shit. I am gen 10 level 50. They are of no use to me. Thanks.

Tawpgun

Eh, I regenned once, I'm grinding through Gen2 now and don't think I'll regen again. It's a chore not being able to play how I want to play.

Yup, find it pointless to do these types of prestige things. I don't need to keep leveling to enjoy a game, and rather not put myself through grinding on shitty things to unlock the stuff to make them useful again. I'm more than happy to unlock it all and just play

shandy706

I probably wont. I don't care about the challenges or ReGen. Heck, I get bored just trying to unlock things in my first 50 levels...lol. I just want to play and enjoy myself. Grinding in any game (short of must grinds in an RPG), is not for me.

I just realized that it's possible to use a burn card the first time you drop into a map...

I do it for nearly every match. I like to go infinite/increased Stim and come in on the other team before they expect anyone to get there.

Izuna

Banned
Titanfall plz. Stop giving me double xp cards, most wanted pilot xp cards, Titan salvage and all that shit. I am gen 10 level 50. They are of no use to me. Thanks.
Apart from double XP, those cards give you build time bonuses...

antitrop

Charge Rifle Crit Hit challenge is making Plasma Railgun look like child's play. I only have 2, so far.

The good news about that is that the Charge Rifle is a pretty solid anti-Titan weapon.

I just realized that it's possible to use a burn card the first time you drop into a map...

Should have paid more attention to the loading screen tooltips.

Alx

Charge Rifle Crit Hit challenge is making Plasma Railgun look like child's play. I only have 2, so far.

The good news about that is that the Charge Rifle is a pretty solid anti-Titan weapon.

I haven't started that one yet (I'm on Gen4 but haven't unlocked the charge rifle), but I remember there is an upgrade allowing to discharge the weapon at will, instead of only when full. Wouldn't that help for the challenge ? If anything, the lower damage would be a plus, since you could try scoring several critical hits on the same titan.

Izuna

Banned
I haven't started that one yet (I'm on Gen4 but haven't unlocked the charge rifle), but I remember there is an upgrade allowing to discharge the weapon at will, instead of only when full. Wouldn't that help for the challenge ? If anything, the lower damage would be a plus, since you could try scoring several critical hits on the same titan.

There are no upgrades for Anti-Titan weapons...

antitrop

I must have confused it with another one then... is there another weapon that needs to be fully charged to fire, but can remove that limitation with an upgrade ?

Yes, the Plasma Railgun. You're thinking of the Instant Shot mod, which makes that Challenge fairly easy.

The Charge Rifle is the last anti-Titan weapon that you unlock.

New matchmaking can't get here soon enough.

Even if all they did was force people back into the pool after X number of wins.

Every other game mode just feels like a game of stacks at this point.

char0n

Depends, I played a bit more and leveling can go so fast in this game (I'm averaging gaining almost a full level most matches, some I've gained 2.5) that unless it slows down a LOT at later levels (like going 49-50 is the same as going 1-20), I'll probably at least do a Gen 2. If this keeps me playing a lot (which it seems to have a lot of promise on) I might do more regens if I don't hit a challenge that is just shitty/near impossible for me without basically going into a "play the game wrong just to get that kind of kill" spree for an extended period.

If on the other hand leveling starts slowing down like it seemed to in CoD4 (the first/last multplayer FPS with leveling I played more than super-casually), I might not make it far past level 30 before it just feels like a slog to do and that would really prevent me from wanting to get into it a second/more times, especially if I get attached to any later weapon/perk unlocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom