• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they specified the exact date in which Gooser is getting changed to 5? I'm currently working on the 50 requirement (only have 9 so far), and I REALLY don't want to get like halfway through and have it changed and can no longer get the legitimate 50.

char0n

It'll be a while before this becomes an issue, but I'm curious about regenerating: For the challenge requirements, do you have to complete them within the previous generation only? Like for the much spoken Gooser challenge, can I start working on that now (not even G2 yet), or do the challenges get reset too and I'll just have to start all over again when/if I hit G5? I'd like to try and fit some of the harder/less fun ones in at a slow casual pace/when the opportunity presents itself if they hold over, but if they reset for some (like weapons I never use) I won't even bother until I get there (if I get there).

Edit: Derp. Read the OP. Challenges get reset. Looks like I'm not going to bother going for a gooser/using the SMG for a while unless the exact right opportunity presents itself.

Had a game of Pilot Hunter that was a slaughter. I died once and my team one 50 - 19. Daaaaam

I had an even worse match up the other week on that mode.
NNjtBXEl.jpg

Horrible matchmaking.

Man, I played terribly today. Did okay my first few matches, and then something just snapped, and people started mowing me down left and right.

Still setting pretty at my 1.8 K/D, which, for me, is actually pretty good in an online shooter. Today's efforts might have taken me down a notch, though. I was waaaay too reckless.

Hip Hop

Anyone play Pilot Hunter on PC?

It's been very difficult to find any games.

Been switching between data centers, all empty.

Camp Lo

Banned
everytime you regen you gain 10% skill

No, it's more than that:

Code:
Generation	 XP Modifier
Generation 1	 x 1.0
Generation 2	 x 1.1
Generation 3	 x 1.2
Generation 4	 x 1.3
Generation 5	 x 1.5
Generation 6	 x 1.8
Generation 7	 x 2.1
Generation 8	 x 2.5
Generation 9	 x 2.9
Generation 10	 x 3.5

edit: Looks like I probably misinterpreted that skill for xp. nonetheless, here's a reason to regen.

HoodWinked

the thing about the titan cards is that they're the furthest on the left so there are times when you earn a card and they just disappear from your deck i've noticed. so i just try using them now instead of hoarding..

I never understood the folks that scoff at regening or prestigeing. It seems to be the counterculture alternative cool thing in online shooters to max out at the first set and not advance to be a better decorated player and hold some moral high ground over those that do.

I just realized how fast quick reload plus a sidewinder rips through titans. Now I don't want to regen. Wish it wad like MW3 when you could select one weapon or perk to unlock forever.

They won't. Level up if you're feeling up for some challenges, don't level if you want to play with all the guns and perks available

This is the part though. "Feeling up for some challenges", does that mean everything I unlocked or challenges I completed will have been for nothing? It takes so long to get the good stuff.

Zeliard

I never understood the folks that scoff at regening or prestigeing. It seems to be the counterculture alternative cool thing in online shooters to max out at the first set and not advance to be a better decorated player and hold some moral high ground over those that do.

I just find it largely useless. Players are free to do what they want, though it doesn't really help team-based objective modes when certain players are strictly trying to go for gen challenges.

I personally don't see much use in regening. The rare burn cards are nice but not really enough incentive as a whole. I'm probably just going to sit at Gen 2, since all that involves is hitting 50 for the first time. I have no interest at all in fulfilling challenges with loadouts I don't care for just to hit some higher prestige rank, and losing all of your unlocks and loadouts isn't particularly fun, either.

I play titanfall for no other reason to pop in a game and have fun. I don't fault people for wanting that number but it only means you played a lot unlocked challenges etc... I would care more if it was Halo style ranking. That number meant more. I have friends that are 7th Gen that I routinely play the game better than. I'm not amazing or anything but I never see that number as a threat. I miss halo ranking where it meant you were actually skilled and won games.

Hip Hop

It's been like 30 mins,

People just coming and going in the lobby. The match cant even start.

EDIT:

Not a single match found after coming back to the game.

Another week till I try again.

They really need a player count.

I just find it largely useless. Players are free to do what they want, though it doesn't really help team-based objective modes when certain players are strictly trying to go for gen challenges.

I personally don't see much use in regening. The rare burn cards are nice but not really enough incentive as a whole. I'm probably just going to sit at Gen 2, since all that involves is hitting 50 for the first time. I have no interest at all in fulfilling challenges with loadouts I don't care for just to hit some higher prestige rank, and losing all of your unlocks and loadouts isn't particularly fun, either.

I'm shooting to unlock all of the achievements, therefore looking to max out. The challenges help the experience for me because they force me to try to do things in different ways. Don't worry gents, I'm still holding down the hardpoints! I worry that if not for those challenges I'd just play with the same setup most of the time and it would get stale. Though I'm sure my K/D would be higher (another contentious metric in online shooters). A skill ranking would be really cool. Maybe have different league levels like Starcraft 2.

ElRenoRaven

I'm not even going to regenerate to Gen 2. I don't care enough about rare burn cards - I'd rather stick with my unlocks, thanks.

Can't blame you. I'm debating doing it again. One reason is eventually the sniper ones I'll be up to and I hate the sniper weapons with a passion. Other then the cards is there really even a reason to bother?

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
The rail gun doesn't suck as bad as I first thought. Works best for me with an atlas or stryder, as you can easily distance yourself for a fully charged shot which deals a ton of damage. Also great for farming grunts and picking off those rooftop pilots. Gen 4 here I come!

Can't blame you. I'm debating doing it again. One reason is eventually the sniper ones I'll be up to and I hate the sniper weapons with a passion. Other then the cards is there really even a reason to bother?

A shiny number by your name? Maybe you need to regen to get certain achievements? Honestly I can't come up with any, which is why I'm not bothering.

I'm sure if you're really into the game then regenerating makes you use techniques/weapons you wouldn't usually play with and that's a benefit - there are plenty of weapons I tried once and haven't used since. I'm just not that invested, I guess. I'd rather have my Spitfire + Slammer or CAR + Counterweight every time I log on.

surprisingly I found the kraber to be decent with the 2.8 zoom scope in a couple of circumstances. in Nexus Pilot Hunter it got me like 18 kills

This is the part though. "Feeling up for some challenges", does that mean everything I unlocked or challenges I completed will have been for nothing? It takes so long to get the good stuff.

It really depends on your skill level. With the exp boost you get for regen on top of double xp cards I find that i ranked up quite fast in hardpoint / ctf. If your above average at the game you get back to 50 really quick lol

Just throw minion detector on and its super easy to get those scopes / add on's for you're guns.

Grisby

Been away from the game for a few weeks. I didn't see any patch dl when I booted the game back up.

Just wanted to know if they nerfed anything/made any big changes? I can see they got some sort of beta for matchmaking going on.

border

As much as I like leveling up and seeing progress bars increase, I don't want to lose all the awesome weapons I have. If you don't play the game that often it means you might be without your favorite gear/loadouts for probably weeks.

It honestly does kinda bother me to think that people in my games are doing useless bullshit like killing grunts with a handgun just so they can complete challenges and achievements. Even though I'm not even remotely good, I'd like to think that when people see I'm a Gen1 Level 50, they at least know I was trying to win the game rather fuck around with the metagame.

At the same time I don't really look down on people that regen or prestige. If you're motivated by your XP bar than your arsenal, then great. That means I have to worry a lot less about other pilots with a Spitfire+Slammer.

border

Anyone not choosing to ReGen??

There's plenty of people in the last 2-3 pages that aren't doing it. Myself included.

I might do it later when I get tired of my current loadout and want to mix things up, but I'm happy with things right now.

I have to admit though it does bother the shit out of me to finish a match with like 25K XP, and then just see the bar stuck at 50.

TrueGrime

not yet that's for sure

sometime maybe

This is probably going to be my stance when I have to make a decision to go to Gen3.

My friend isn't going to regen. He isnt even using Burn Cards. lol

Haha. This is crazy. Burn cards are such a plus. Makes me wish there was a way to swap burn cards with someone.

There's plenty of people in the last 2-3 pages that aren't doing it. Myself included.

I might do it later when I get tired of my current loadout and want to mix things up, but I'm happy with things right now.

I have to admit though it does bother the shit out of me to finish a match with like 25K XP, and then just see the bar stuck at 50.

I hear ya. It's funny. When I played CoD people were so damn protective of their K/D that it detracted from team play in my opinion. Rampart campers and lone wolves. When Titanfall came out I loved the fact that stats were hidden to the rest of the players and only the player himself could see them. Now as a mirror to CoD, TF players are so ingrained in completing challenges for their ReGen that a lot of players wont even play the objectives.

molnizzle

Anyone not choosing to ReGen??

I was gonna stop at Gen2 just because I wanted the cheevo, but now I think I'm gonna keep going. I'm already developing a new appreciation for both the shotgun and the 40mm cannon. Regenerating forces you to use loadouts that you may have ignored otherwise, which will only increase your knowledge of the game and make you better. Plus moar burn cards!

It really depends on your skill level. With the exp boost you get for regen on top of double xp cards I find that i ranked up quite fast in hardpoint / ctf. If your above average at the game you get back to 50 really quick lol

Just throw minion detector on and its super easy to get those scopes / add on's for you're guns.

I still don't have slammer lol.
Spitfire is so hard to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom